Style Traditional
Wedgefield Golf Club

Year Built 1965

Dress code Collared shirt, no cutoffs, denim ok

Plays Long 13

Good bang for the buck.

As a golf now hot deal, this a fun round. Not sure if it is worth their regular fees. Fairways were fine, but the greens need a lot of TLC.

The Course is Looking Good

As an ongoing update to review this course (since I play here often), I say now that the course is looking very good. The greens are much improved relative to the last couple of times I've played but I still feel are too slow (I'd wager a guess that it's a 6 or 7 on the Stimpmeter). All in all the course in fantastic shape and I'd recommend coming out to play here.

Be advised though, the driving range needs a lot of work.

Tees, Fairways, and Bunker Conditions Are Great - Greens Not Quite There

In my recent playing here, the course overall looks in good healthy shape. The tees are in fantastic shape, the fairways are very well maintained, the rough is all grass with no weeds that I've seen, and the bunkers have great sand that is well raked. The layout of this course is great. There are not a huge amount of trees but they're placed so well that it's not very hard to find your ball amongst them. Again, though, well maintained and trimmed.

I find that I enjoy myself when I play this course. There are only two dings that weigh pretty heavily in my opinion. The first is the driving range. It looks almost as if it's been abandoned. I've heard there is a renovation coming so we'll see.

The second, and most important, is the greens. They are inconsistent with some being decent and others not really. They are also pretty slow and don't roll very well in a lot of places. Each green has a small to medium sized section that looks and seems to roll great (though still slow) but the rest of the green has patches of weeds or some kind of uneven surface where I see the ball bounce.

If I never played another course I might be lulled into thinking these greens were good due to the fact that they are obviously being taken care of like the rest of the course. The problem is that I do play other local courses and the difference is fairly stark. In my very uneducated opinion it seems that there is something deeper that is preventing them from being great.

It's Just Not What It Could Be

This course could be so much more. They recently aerated the greens and several fairways. Naturally the conditions are less than ideal when that happens, but in this case it seems worse than normal. I've played other courses after they aerate and I've never seen greens that are as bad as this.

I live nearby so I play this course often. The greens have always been very slow with about half of them in poor condition. I came out the day they aerated them and I was hopeful that they would take the opportunity to really fix the greens, but after seeing them today, it looks to me that they will come back in the same poor (and slow) condition they were before. The same greens that have many bad areas don't appear to be getting any special attention to help bring them up to snuff.

The fairways are still fairly moist despite the drier weather we've seen the last three weeks. I played a nearby course just a couple of days prior to this and it did not have the same issues.

This is very disappointing and frustrating to me since I consider this my "home course" and would like to play something decent on a regular basis.

Also, the driving range is abysmal. Bring your own mat to hit from.

Grass

Fairway much improved with weed control in progress. Great to hit a ball with grass under it. Greens were cut way too long and did not roll at all. They were in good shape but way too slow!!

This course has come around

The fairways and tee boxes are in great shape and the greens are much better than they've been in the recent past, though still not great. Wasn't very busy so the pace of play was great. I walked and played in 3h 45m.

Just Right

Taking into consideration, the constant rain the course was and is in good shape, the green are are playable although some dry or rough patches. The course was well kept you can distinguish the fairway from the rough and Yes you can find your ball easily.

rough

It has been raining a lot and the rough was about 4-6" deep, making it difficult to find errant shots. The fairways were a bit long but could be weather related and the greens were in pretty sad shape...some bad to the point of messing up any true lines/roll that there seemed to be. I will give it a few months before I try out there again for sure.

Greens are in bad shape. No water coolers on course.

Solid

Play here once a week, fast rounds always open with plenty of challenging holes. Good luck scoring on15!

Very dissapointed

Waste of time and gas to male the trip. Course was in very poor condition. I realize they have had a lot of rain that was not the problem. Fairways bare in several spots and very bumpy. The greens were not even putt able. The worst greens I have ever played on. Course in need of a tremendous amount of work.

worst course conditions so far this year. The greens weren't mowed the fairways were full of weeds no water coolers no ball washers with wet conditions.

New greens

It was fun to see the greens fixed definitely changed it up for me had a lot more fun than I normally would still Two greens my ball was behind a bit of sand on the path but nothing serious

Not Worth Money

I haven't played this course in many years so I wanted to revisit course I played as a youth with my son. 29+ rate after 1pm is way over priced for the shape the course is in. Layout is good but couse shape is really bad. Appears new owner isn't wanting to spend money on watering fairways or greens. Greens were almost unplayable and fairways are thin with grass due to lack of watering. Sad to see this place in this kind of shape. Personnel in pro shop and lounge were very nice.

Easy and Fun for New Golfers

Great price and a good place to practice your game. Do not expect a top of the line course or great fairways. Lots of sand. Greens are very slow compared to pricey course. Don't confidently judge your putting from these greens cause they are so slow. However, if you are a beginner or taking someone who is just starting out, I highly recommend this course. This was a good place for me to practice my game for my golf league and I plan on returning. Solid starter course.

Difficulty Extremely Easy

More like a public park

This place should not be called a golf course. In addition to it being in terrible condition, they were aerating the place. The greens were non existent. They were worn out in most spots and overgrown where there was grass. I thought we were getting a deal....but clearly I got what i paid for.....

Oviedo, Florida
3.9920588235
Titusville, Florida
4.1979176471
4.2084882353
Winter Park, Florida
Winter Springs, Florida

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.