Style Traditional
Wedgefield Golf Club

Year Built 1965

Dress code Collared shirt, no cutoffs, denim ok

Plays Long 13

Jcap1jr

Cheap rate doesn't always mean a deal.
Many of the fairways and greens lacked grass..
Refreshment cart was seen once during the entire round
staff would rather work on their computers then give directions as to where to tee off at 1st

Great improvements!

This course has become my go-to for the last few months. If you’ve played this course in the passed and weren’t happy, you need to give it another try. Under new ownership the course has improved the quality and layout. Tee boxes are clean, fairways are green, and the greens are 10x better than any of the neighboring courses. They have already redesigned the layout of the green on the first hole and I’m sure there will be more big changes in the near future. You can really tell the new owner is trying to build a reputable course and he seems to be going the right way about it.. the clubhouse and restaurant could use a remodel, but the food is good and well priced. I personally feel this course is the best quality for the money in the area (far better than Eastwood or stoneybrook).

Not as bad as all the reviews

I went into this round expecting the worst because of all of the reviews. Apart from the first hole missing the entire green as it was under major renovation, the course was not bad at all. I played for a hot deal so I was ok with the price. Would play again for a deal

Used to be a good course

This course is in the worst shape of any course I have played since starting in 2007. The fairways are all brown and greens look like mud puddle that has dried and cracked, I would not play this course again.

Could be a nice course with some love

The best thing about this course is that nobody else was playing it. We basically had the course to ourselves. I’m guessing it was empty because of how awful the conditions of the “greens” were. It seems like nobody really takes care of this course at all. It has potential because the layout is nice and open but definitely needs some love.

Course is improving

The course is looking better every time we play. The fairways are in much better condition than last year and the tee boxes are much improved also. The owner has spent so much time and money improving the course. Those who gave up it should give it another try. The bar and restaurant are revamped also as well as completely redoing the in course restrooms.

Good value for peak season in FLA

I read the reviews and some of them were brutal.
The Staff was extremely nice and helpful.
I played on a Wednesday at 1PM and had no one in front of me.
The layout is very good and fairways were in good shape.
Geeens were in rough shape but for a practice round for $25.00 during peak you can’t beat this course.

Horrible Staff

This is my 3d time playing there and the course its in good condition. The staff is horrible. Went there the first time and they lost my debit card. The second time somebody hit the side of my car with a golf car and the staff didnt even care. Extremely racist people. Such a horrible experience.

Good bang for the buck.

As a golf now hot deal, this a fun round. Not sure if it is worth their regular fees. Fairways were fine, but the greens need a lot of TLC.

The Course is Looking Good

As an ongoing update to review this course (since I play here often), I say now that the course is looking very good. The greens are much improved relative to the last couple of times I've played but I still feel are too slow (I'd wager a guess that it's a 6 or 7 on the Stimpmeter). All in all the course in fantastic shape and I'd recommend coming out to play here.

Be advised though, the driving range needs a lot of work.

Tees, Fairways, and Bunker Conditions Are Great - Greens Not Quite There

In my recent playing here, the course overall looks in good healthy shape. The tees are in fantastic shape, the fairways are very well maintained, the rough is all grass with no weeds that I've seen, and the bunkers have great sand that is well raked. The layout of this course is great. There are not a huge amount of trees but they're placed so well that it's not very hard to find your ball amongst them. Again, though, well maintained and trimmed.

I find that I enjoy myself when I play this course. There are only two dings that weigh pretty heavily in my opinion. The first is the driving range. It looks almost as if it's been abandoned. I've heard there is a renovation coming so we'll see.

The second, and most important, is the greens. They are inconsistent with some being decent and others not really. They are also pretty slow and don't roll very well in a lot of places. Each green has a small to medium sized section that looks and seems to roll great (though still slow) but the rest of the green has patches of weeds or some kind of uneven surface where I see the ball bounce.

If I never played another course I might be lulled into thinking these greens were good due to the fact that they are obviously being taken care of like the rest of the course. The problem is that I do play other local courses and the difference is fairly stark. In my very uneducated opinion it seems that there is something deeper that is preventing them from being great.

It's Just Not What It Could Be

This course could be so much more. They recently aerated the greens and several fairways. Naturally the conditions are less than ideal when that happens, but in this case it seems worse than normal. I've played other courses after they aerate and I've never seen greens that are as bad as this.

I live nearby so I play this course often. The greens have always been very slow with about half of them in poor condition. I came out the day they aerated them and I was hopeful that they would take the opportunity to really fix the greens, but after seeing them today, it looks to me that they will come back in the same poor (and slow) condition they were before. The same greens that have many bad areas don't appear to be getting any special attention to help bring them up to snuff.

The fairways are still fairly moist despite the drier weather we've seen the last three weeks. I played a nearby course just a couple of days prior to this and it did not have the same issues.

This is very disappointing and frustrating to me since I consider this my "home course" and would like to play something decent on a regular basis.

Also, the driving range is abysmal. Bring your own mat to hit from.

Grass

Fairway much improved with weed control in progress. Great to hit a ball with grass under it. Greens were cut way too long and did not roll at all. They were in good shape but way too slow!!

This course has come around

The fairways and tee boxes are in great shape and the greens are much better than they've been in the recent past, though still not great. Wasn't very busy so the pace of play was great. I walked and played in 3h 45m.

Just Right

Taking into consideration, the constant rain the course was and is in good shape, the green are are playable although some dry or rough patches. The course was well kept you can distinguish the fairway from the rough and Yes you can find your ball easily.

3.4919647059