Rock Creek Golf Club was established in 1993. The club is located in Fairhope, Alabama on the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay. This 18-hole 7,000-yard championship course is dramatically designed to create a challenge for both the amateur and the professional. The topography and foliage of the land, along with the elevation changes and incorporation of wetlands, create many natural hazards while adding to the visual effect of this magnificent course. Rock Creek is truly one of the top courses located along the Gulf Coast. Designed by Earl Stone with every golfer in mind, the unique characteristics separate this course from others. Rock Creek is a must play when you are on the Gulf Coast.

DIRECTIONS: From I-10: take Exit 35 East (Fairhope / Spanish Fort), go east on Hwy 98 for 6.5 miles to the entrance on left, follow road down the hill and at stop sign take a left, clubhouse is ahead on the right.

Rock Creek Golf Club

Year Built 1993
Architect Earl Stone

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Accepted

Great!

Course was in great shape will start playing regularly loved it!

Course was in great shape. All grass was nice and cut. Greens were perfect. Definitely will be back!!!!

Excellent course for the money!

Went out about 11:00 on a Saturday and played full 18 in less than 4 hours! Course was in great shape and greens rolled true! Recommend this course for anyone wanting to get in a nice round for a great price!

Best deal on the Gulf Coast

The course is challenging greens tricky. Not.very long but a challenge for all levels of skills.

Best deal on the Gulf Coast

Absolutely the best deal on the Alabama Gulf Coast. Course competitive for the new bees and low handicappers.

Perfect Day on a Perfect Course.

From the person in the pro shop to the bar tender/waitress to the gentleman working the carts to the on course beverage cart just simply outstanding. The course has been hit by some heavy, heavy rains but still looked and played tremendously. This will be an annual stop for now on. If you have never played it you’re missing something.

Baldwin County Fave

A must stop and play with my brother whenever I’m visiting Baldwin county Alabama. As usual the staff was friendly, even as they were preparing for a major event later that day. Got a bargain on greens fees with coupon. I love the layout and the conditions were great except for a couple of the bunkers this time could’ve use a little work. Will stop again next time I’m in the area.

Maintenance staff interruptions

Maintenance staff needs etiquette education. Some maintenance staff followed us for several holes raking sand traps with a machine. They should have started at 18 and worked back so as not to follow us for several holes. They would come up behind us and sit with the motor running. Also encounters this on a couple of holes with a front end loader tractor and also with a mower coming up behind us. Their drivers sit and talked loudly next to a green while we were putting. An overall unpleasant experience which negatively impacted the enjoyment. I have never encountered this much interruption on any of the 100s of courses I’ve played. Maintenance staff are usually considerate and will move aside and turn off engines on equipment. This did not happen at Rock Creek.

Commented on 09/05/2019

We are so sorry to hear about your experience at Rock Creek. Please contact our marketing department directly at jesse.mccraw@honoursgolf.com, and we would be happy to discuss this further. We seek to provide the best experiences possible and would love to hear more from you on this matter. Thank you.

One of my favorite courses in the area!

I live in Pensacola, FL but frequently travel to Rock Creek to play a round. The course is one my favorite tracks in the area. For me, every hole sets up right in my mind. #2 is a real challenge but always fun. The staff are all friendly plus Rock Creek has the BEST cart lady ever in Heather Houston. This lady delivers, not only drinks and snacks, she delivers sunshine with her smile. You can tell she is a sincerely good person. I recommend Rock Creek Morning 100%

Review of Rock Creek Golf Club

2 good looking women were working at the course, and they were both upbeat and friendly.
The course was wet and soggy, but playable after much rain.
I, at Rock Creek Golf Club, scored worse than my avg. score.
Good driving range with grass, not mats.
A practice putting green was present near the driving range, but not enough regulation size holes on the green.
Rock Creek Golf Club is better than just 4 stars, in my opinion, but it’s not a 5 on a five point scale. I rate it a 4.4.

They don’t respond to reviews

I submitted a review about 2 weeks ago talking about the interruptions of the maintenance crew during a round. They responded for me to contact a marketing email address to further discuss the issue. I have emailed that account two times providing my email and phone number. To date I have received no replies from my email. I guess they really don’t want to know, discuss or try to address the issues. Won’t play this course again and wouldn’t recommend that anyone else do so either based on maintenance crew not being schooled and constantly interrupting only and the fact they don’t seem to be really interested in replying to discuss like they did in their response to my first review. Not a very professionally run facility in my opinion.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you for following up with us. We assure you that we absolutely take your reviews and concerns very seriously. We are so sorry that you have been unable to reach our marketing department. From our understanding, our marketing representative has not received your emails, or our team would have certainly been in touch with you. We believe this may be an email system issue that might have moved your emails into our quarantine or spam files. Whatever the reason, we are sincerely apologetic, and we certainly want to make this right.

If you feel comfortable, please contact our marketing representative directly at 601-319-5979. Or, if you would leave your name and contact info within the comment section here, we promise that will be in touch with you.

Please understand that we take this matter very seriously, and we are sincerely sorry.

Rock Creek

Fun course with challenging shots. A lot of risk/reward shots. Had a handful of holes that forced you to lay up but take a long iron over trouble on the approach. Course was wet but still very playable considering how much rain it got. Staff was very friendly. Pnly recommendations would be some more detailed hole layouts especially for the “quirky” holes.

Resort type golf

Really wide fairways, huge greens and sneaky hazards are standard for this course. It’s a tough course if you are a first timer. No yardage books or even a basic layout is provided. Bring your Fancy watch. Played in the afternoon as a twosome. We finished in a little over 3 hours. They don’t provide ice and water with the cart so flag down the beverage cart ASAP. It’s really hot down here.

Rock Creek, Fairhope Alabama

We had a great time playing the course for the first time. We had a couple challenges with directions to a couple holes but figured it Ok. Greens, fairways and traps in good condition. Around the greens a few tufts of grasses you needed to chip over but all good. Apple Salad was great for lunch. I’d love to come back but was visiting from the left coast. Thank you Golf Now! & the staff of RockCreek GolfCourse, Fairhope Alabama.

Plays Once a year

Rock Creek Rocks!

I hadn't played for almost 18 months so I knew I would be challenged not only by the course, but by lack of recent playing time. The course is in superb condition and greens are fast. There were areas where the grass was sparse, but you're not supposed to be in those areas in the first place. Fairways are not super tight but a stray shot is often a lost ball. My playing partner summed up the experience perfectly: "That was the funnest round of lousy golf I've ever played."

Commented on 04/13/2018

Thank you so much for your review. I hope you come see us again soon!

Course conditions were ok, except for a number of tee boxs. They lacked some grass in places, especially the red tees.

Great track

Outstanding course,conditions,greens,and staff! Highly recommend.

Commented on 04/13/2018

We are so glad you enjoyed it! Come back soon.

Valid dates: May 05, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020