Canyon/Loblolly at Cambrian Ridge

Orange 72 6655 yards 72.3 135
Teal 72 4781 yards 67.8 126
Teal (W) 72 4781 yards 67.9 113
Scorecard for Canyon/ Loblolly
Purple M: 74.2/142 501 275 585 444 383 418 522 258 360 3746 497 421 418 182 418 222 503 447 443 3551 7297
Orange M: 73.0/140 477 244 553 421 353 374 499 237 332 3490 469 397 390 155 413 196 434 423 418 3295 6785
White M: 68.8/137 432 163 478 366 330 366 464 152 307 3058 457 346 334 136 367 138 369 366 365 2878 5936
Teal M: 63.6/126 W: 69.0/125 371 130 409 297 272 259 336 108 240 2422 342 322 249 75 301 112 344 321 284 2350 4772

Year Built 1993
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1993) Roger Rulewich (1993)

Carts Yes - $20

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Accepted

Perfection

Perfect all around! If you define heaven as a golf course the the entrance to this facility should be pearly gates!

Awesome

First course of our goal to golf RTJ Golf Trail. Loved Canyon and Loblolly. Coldish day and windy but lovely course. Greens were good and very quick round this time of year. Only complaint is no cart service and no restaurant service available after our round. ( we wanted an early dinner/ late lunch but I guess non members are SOL for food this time of year??)

. We traveled quite a distance to golf here had to travel some distance again to eat!! Hopefully if we visit again, we will have better off course. amenities - we do like to make our golfing experience more than just a game.

Cambrian Ridge at Greenville

Played Sherling and Loblolly nines. Very beautiful weather and scenery making each hole a joy to play. Played from the orange tees so the course was challenging, especially the greens. Broke 90 but could score better once I knew the course better since many of the fairways and greens required knowledgeable course management. Greens were mostly fast with plenty of slope and indulations. Also played the Short Course which was incredibly difficult from the orange tees without knowing the layout of the greens. Look forward to trying the course again on a future trip.

Birmingham Advisor

Put Cambrian Ridge on your Trail itinerary

Cambrian Ridge, much like Silver Lakes to the northeast, is often bypassed by players with limited amount of rounds on trips to the Trail. Big mistake on both accounts.

Forty minutes south of Montgomery and just of I-65, Cambrian Ridge offers three distinct nines. You will see tall pines, magnolia trees and Spanish moss dropping from trees - all on the same property. The Loblolly is mostly void of water and plays through the nine's namesake pines.

For me though, if you only have 18 holes, play the Sherling and Canyon courses.

Sherling eases you in with a par-5 opener and a gentle par 3. The third hole begins off an elevated tee and plays toward the lake - the dominant feature of the Sherling and Canyon nines. The wind can howl on these exposed holes and big numbers are lurking.

The ninth hole is relatively short and plays dramatically uphill toward the clubhouse. A ravine divides the ninth holes of the Sherling and Canyon courses, challenging tee balls alternatively left and right.

The Canyon course, however, is my favorite and evokes both nerve and skill to score well. The layout mimics a roller-foster thrill ride with dramatic elevation changes throughout. Brawny par 5s yield to par 4s beckoning 4-iron tee shots and wedges to multi-tiered greens. Pars are very good scores. The lake figures heavily into the Canyon nine as well.

My only constructive criticism is that it is my opinion that there is too much sand in the bunkers.

I have never been here when it was crowded. Again, it is off the beaten path, but is among the best holes on the Trail.

Great course.

Cambrian Ridge was gorgeous and fantastic. Course in great condition for this time of year. Staff was friendly and helpful. RTJ Trail is a must for the bucket list of every golfer.

Wow & Wow Again

This is a must play for golfers looking for beauty, challenge and a place you will want to play again.

Beautiful

Beautiful course maintained like a championship course. Challenging with some long holes and plenty of water to serve the water Gods :) Don't miss playing here in your travels. It's a place you will remember!

Fun course and friendly staff

What an awesome play to play a winter round of golf. It was a bit windy but the course was in great shape for the time of year.

Happy Customer

Course was absolutely beautiful and in great condition. Nice challenge but not too hard. I'm female and chose to play whites which was a little harder than usual, but the teal tees were too short for me. I was very happy with my game.

Great golfing at RTJ's Cambrian Ridge

Not many words necessary. Approx. 5 miles from I 65 you can find this excellent golf paradise. My son and I played Sherling and Loblolly. Both 9 holes have been in great shape. Greens are fast and not easy. Course layout is beautiful. Staff friendly.

The Canyons is currently under construction. So we will come back to play this one as well.

Loved Loblolly!

Loblolly was my favorite after playing Grand National Lakes and Capitol Hill Judge on the Trail the previous two days; beautiful, majestic, and quite playable even for a bogey golfer. Condition very good, and had seemingly the whole course to myself so played in well under 4 hours. Enjoyed Sherling very much also until I got to the last hole--just too gimmicky for me even though I was told it is much better than original. Still, I wish i had returned to play again the next day--highly recommended.

Excellent course great layout!

Our first time playing here. Course is in great shape and lots of fun. The greens were a little slower than I expected/desired but they roll true. We will be back for sure.

RTJ courses always a treat!

Beautiful course as most RTJ courses are Is worth the money to plan any of them. All are beautifully done but tough courses to score on.

Breathtaking

Absolutely beautiful and challenging course! The views are spectacular. Would highly recommend this course to anyone.

Valid dates: Oct 11, 2018 - Aug 31, 2019