Style Links
Kiva Dunes Golf Club

Year Built 1995
Greens Tiff-Eagle Grass
Architect Jerry Pate (1995)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Accepted
Dress code No denim, collared shirts required

Group Getaways 6

Kiva

The course was immaculate with a great layout and combination of easy and tough holes.

Kiva Dunes

What a professional course should be! The staff is friendly and helpful! The course is pristine! The breeze kept most of the bugs away! The course offers challenging holes & several par 3 for players like me!

Regular player from Chattanoooga

I’ve played Kiva Dunes countless times while on vacation in Gulf Shores and always without fail have a great golfing experience. Friendly professional staff and incredible golf course. The course is challenging but fair and enjoyable. It’s my favorite course to play.

Very nice course

I played here twice this week and was very happy overall. I played as a single and finished 18 holes in 3 hours. I played here one more round and joined two others after 3 holes. The course is very nice. The greens were sandy and quick. I enjoyed the course and would highly recommend it.

Awesome

Course in great shape as always. Staff very friendly as always. Great experience all around. Could tell the greens were punched recently but the ball rolled true. There was even a guy out on the greens hand pulling the few weeds on the greens themselves. Probably why the greens are always in great shape.

Wonderful course, but a ball eater if you're not pretty straight. Great staff; ranger encouraged foursome ahead of our twosome to let us through, shortening the round by 45 minutes

Great greens!

This is the only course I play in Gulf Shores. It is one great course!

Played from the tips. Very challenging course but also very gettable. Must manage your shots well to score well, but not impossible by any means. Very positive overall experience. Would definitely play it again.
The course was in good shape, but I would be remiss to not say that for the #1 course rating that is boasted, I was a bit disappointed that it was not more pristine. Definitely better than your average club, but for a resort with the accolades that it has, I was a bit surprised. Don’t let that deter you from playing here though, this is a great track.

Love this course. Play it every year when I’m down for vacation but only because of the Hot Deals on Golf Now. Otherwise, it’s a little overpriced. At the regular price point, you’d expect the carts to have GPS and range balls to be included. Also, you don’t return to the clubhouse at the turn so if you want something to eat, you better get it before you tee off. This is a piece of info that should be communicated. Finally, I played with my dad who plays the senior tees. There’s really no advantage to those on most holes and there should be. It sounds like I’m complaining but I really do love this course. Just would like to see some minor improvements.

Nice course, poor pace

The folks working at Kiva are great. Driving range and putting practice area is great. Greens are great. Wide open fairways. I just don’t think I would pay the price I did today. If I could play for cheaper I would play again. I would recommend if you have the money and the time. Just plan on it taking all day.

A REALLY NICE LAYOUT

I made my tee time 4-5 days before I got down there. My family and I stayed on the beach about 3 miles from the course for a 10 day trip with 25 of my wives side of the family. Since all but 3 or 4 of them drive me completely nuts, I knew I'd have to play golf every other day for my own sanity. I booked 4 of my tee times on GolfNow. Kiva was the first course I played and asked my wife what time my tee time was since I was driving and on our way back from an early grocery run in the morning. She tells me 1:42, I planned on getting there an hour early to chip and putt since a friend told me they have awesome practice amenities. So before I get in the shower at 11:41, I double check exactly what time I tee off and due to my wives temporary inability to read numbers realize that my tee time was for 11:42 which meant I had 60 seconds to get there. I called the pro shop and talked to Mark and he told me no big deal if I can get there inside of 25 minutes. I get there in 15 minutes and rush down to the first tee thinking I wasn't going to warm up at all, the starter noticed I was ruffled and told me to chill out and hit balls for 15-20 minutes and he'll just send me off the backside by myself. Never saw anyone in front of me or behind me all round. To make a long story longer, it is an awesome course that I'll play every time I'm in the area. Anyone that would complain about paying $58 to play here is either cheap or has no clue what a great course looks like. I wouldn't exactly say it's the BEST course in Alabama, but it's very scenic and very playable. I don't remember the starters name but he definitely made my day.

The best golf course in Gulf Shores Alabama and surrounding area

I played this golf course many times, and so far I am please with the greens, fairways, staff, and amenities.

gm

Awesome course very well maintained and very friendly staff. As with most courses the tee times really don't mean anything because as soon as you tee off there is a group right behind you teeing off. While waiting on the group in front of you to get out of the way so you can hit then you have the group behind you breathing down your neck, it just makes for a miserable round of golf with everybody stacked up waiting. I don't know why courses don't abide by tee time and space them out atleast 10 minutes apart, play would go better and be more enjoyable and I don't think it would hurt how many groups you would have play that day.

Great course... pace of play good. Drink carts every 3 holes.... definitely will play again if in area

GREAT COASTAL COURSE

Kiva Dunes never disappoints. Beautiful course in pristine condition. A true masterpiece in course layout and design. Unbelievably friendly, knowledgeable and helpful staff. A complete and gratifying golf experience. You gotta play this course if you even have the remotest chance.

Kiva Dunes

Great course super challenging a little confusing on where tee boxes are but overall great place to golf

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Feb 16, 2020