Kiva Dunes Golf Course

Kiva Dunes Golf Club
Scorecard for Kiva Dunes
Gold M: 73.6/134 415 541 228 313 576 428 495 161 428 3585 357 353 452 175 570 540 417 215 458 3537 7122
Blue M: 70.7/128 379 521 193 280 513 370 465 155 412 3288 334 342 383 157 510 509 381 196 405 3217 6505
White M: 68.7/119 321 484 160 262 461 345 424 135 375 2967 308 307 369 137 463 452 350 175 350 2911 5878
Green M: 67.1/115 W: 72.2/128 310 472 153 257 423 335 395 135 324 2804 290 276 313 135 445 401 343 150 338 2691 5495
Red W: 69.5/122 260 416 111 221 423 296 363 98 324 2512 256 276 313 95 402 401 320 126 305 2494 5006

Year Built 1995
Greens Tiff-Eagle
Architect Jerry Pate

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Accepted

Group Getaways 6

I played alone. Bag Drop guys were great and accommodating, met me at my car with the cart. Friendly at check-in. Starter did everything he could to pair me up. I did not work. Four different groups let me play through.

Greens were fast. Greens were deceiving in depth and contour. Would love to play it again.

The 13th par three was amazingly deceptive from tee box.

Firm, Fast, Challenging

I played this course on 10/8/18, two days before Hurricane Michael made landfall about 140 miles to the east. The conditions were mostly sunny and WINDY. 9 of the holes on this course are laid out east to west; the other 9, west to east. The course is very challenging, and when hitting into the wind, very difficult.

The Bermuda grass greens were firm and fast, running about 11 on the stimpmeter (per the staff). The fairways are plush. This golf club very much has a country club feel to it. There is plenty of sand and water, so bring your A game. Fortunately there are several sets of tees from which to chose, so that a player can select based on their handicap.

Very Nice!

One of the nicest courses I ever played. Greens and fairways were perfect.

Great experience

Kiva is exceptional from the time you enter the parking lot! The course is absolutely beautiful and well thought out and challenging. Though it was hot, there was water on the course and a cart girl never seemed to be too far away. The greens are in great shape and not too fast. The fairways were green and trimmed. The staff is very courteous. I plan on playing here again. Tim

Great day

We accidentally booked our day for after we were going to be leaving Gulf Shores. Showed up at the course and the staff was so awesome in helping with a solution. We were able to play and the course was awesome. Would definitely recommend this course not only was it in great shape and challenging it was aesthetically pleasing. All in all an awesome day.

Worth every penny

This course is fantastic, the layout is exceptional. Conditions were excellent. You cannot find a better course in the area

Great Shape

The fairways were fantastic. Tightest turf ever. The signs directing around the back nine are a little confusing for a first timer. Otherwise it was great

Love this course!

Kiva is fantastic. I look forward to playing here every year.

Awesome course

Kivas Dunes is a gem. Course was in excellent condition and the staff was very nice and accommodating. I definitely recommend playing here if you are in the Gulf Shores area.

Great day

Was paired up with great guys from Mississippi, very friendly and enjoyed the course together. Had one slow hole but Marshall took care of it

Golfer Friendly

Course is in great condition would highly recommend playing

Is this really top Course in Alabama?

Kiva Dunes is a nice, challenging resort course. Course conditions were excellent, greens could have been better. It is not a must play by any means..spend your money elsewhere..

Excellent

Course is in great shape. Wide fairways with some interesting shots to the geens. The greens are rather large also. A ptremium course that should be on your list to play.

Very helpful and friendly staff. Nice club house with restaurant.

Upon arrival there were a couple of very friendly gentlemen at the bag drop off who were happy to unload our clubs and put them on a cart. They then proceeded to give a quick course overview that was very informative. After checking in at the pro shop we priced to the practice range and practice greens, included in the round of golf so you can warm up! The starter came over when there was a break in tee times and we had about 20 minutes until our tee time but as luck would have it he offered us to start a bit early due to an unforeseen opening. We were warmed up and ready to play so we took the given opportunity. The starter let us know about the nitches on the course and have a few pointers for how to play the course. Once we feed off we experienced the beauty of this very well maintained course. Man it was hot out the day we played, but the course was accommodating from the courtesy towels in the cart to the water coolers on multiple holes. The cart gal came by frequently enough you didn’t have to worry about fully stocking your provided cooler or even swing in to the clubhouse for lunch as she was fully equipped, or would grab you what you desired from the clubhouse. As with any course you may catch up with a slower group ( we have all been in that party before...) much to my surprise as we were playing we had a marshal approach us and he advised he was going to play us through the group in front of us. I mean they already let us tee off early and now letting us play through, this was just the cherry on top. After our round we proceeded to the clubhouse for a couple cold ones and to grab a couple souvenirs from the pro shop and the hospitality did not stop there. The fellas from the bag drop followed us to our vehicle and priced to clean our clubs as we swapped shoes. They even provided us with a cart to head back to the clubhouse with since they were taking our cart to clean it up, they told us to just drive up to the front door and head on in and they grabbed that cart from there. This course is pure class and beautiful I’d 10/10 recommend Kiva Dunes to anyone in the area! Definitely worth the price.

Played this course on a Saturday at 1200 and only had to wait in one hole. Lot of different ways to play this course. I Hit a lot of drivers that got me in trouble because I didn’t have the right angle on the fairway can’t wait to go back now that I’ve seen the course.

Overall a great course in very nice shape. Challenging course especially when the wind is blowing like it normally does. They did allow a 5 some to play in front of us, but they played quickly and let us play through. Starter can be a bit pushy.

Unique, challenging and fun

I have probably played 30+ rounds at Kiva while vacationing in the area over the last 28 years. Kiva Dunes is a links style course built in natural sand dunes adjacent to the Gulf of Mexico. Typically it plays fast and firm. Course conditions are excellent. It is a very challenging course with lots of sand and water hazards. I think it is a first shot golf course that is best played conservatively off the tee. Four great par 3s. Number 6 is perhaps the best short par 4 I have ever seen. Highly recommend

Awesome

Course in immaculate shape and great course all around!

Dauphin Island, Alabama