Magnolia Grove Golf Club - Falls Course

Orange 71 6674 yards 71.4 135
Teal (W) 71 5049 yards 70.4 124
Teal 71 5049 yards 68.1 124
Scorecard for Falls
Purple M: 74.6/142 448 195 430 407 582 190 446 417 420 3535 570 206 423 169 444 445 426 388 552 3623 7158
Orange M: 71.4/135 406 179 413 367 522 173 410 393 386 3249 552 188 405 157 398 407 414 373 531 3425 6674
White M: 69.5/126 370 152 380 345 506 143 390 372 349 3007 523 161 370 137 369 364 351 325 512 3112 6119
Teal M: 68.1/124 W: 70.4/124 345 111 308 335 415 91 340 296 279 2520 393 106 324 117 264 328 295 282 420 2529 5049

Year Built 1992
Greens Mini Verde Grass
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1992) Roger Rulewich (1992) Roger Rulewich (2010)

Carts Yes - $20

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Alabama (2015 #8)

Playing Multiple Courses 7

Great Course- Average Staff

Course was in great shape aside from a few tee boxes. Staff was not extremely friendly or it would be a 5 Star review.

Magnolia Grove

Absolutely beautiful course. Everything about it is a 5 star rating.

Great course and layout

Tees were in great shape. Fairways in great shape with winter rye grass. Greens were pretty smooth considering the play this place gets. Greens had ball marks but most players do not fix them. Great layout from 4 tee areas. I played white and wife played teal. Pace of play was super. Plsyed in 3 hours and 50 minutes. . Sandtraps were also in excelent condition.

Very good course.

Magnolia Grove was the third RTJ Trail Course played and was amazing. Course in great condition for this time of year. Staff was friendly and helpful. RTJ Trail is a must for the bucket list of every golfer.

What a great Par 3 course!

I played this course Sunday morning and don't think I saw another person there and I loved it. I played it from the tips thinking, it was going to be no big deal and could use 4 hybrid max with 215 being the longest distance. Boy was this the most challenging course I've ever played on. I think even 1 tee up it would be a good challenge. I struggled on the front 9, trying to get used to the elevation change - which is quite a bit and a lot more than I would think Alabama would have. Shot a 37 on the front with 4 lost balls. Back 9, I settled in an had fun and had a 30. I think it might be much flatter on the back 9 as well. Either way, this is a MUST play for working on your short game.

Great Sunday Evening at Magnolia Grove

I played the Falls as my 2nd round of the day after playing the short course earlier in the morning. I managed to tee off right before groups of 3 and 11. Playing as a mid teen HC I played from the Orange tees which measures just over 6650. I enjoyed a peaceful round playing at my own place and really enjoyed the course. Being from Louisiana we don't have courses with elevation changes to this was a great challenge. Can't wait to get back here with some of my golf buddies in the future.

Good round at Magnolia Grove Crossings

Played a Saturday afternoon round with a 2pm tee time. The local college players were teeing off, and it about 10 of them and they were walking. This was not a problem since they were pretty good and let me go through, playing as single. I played the next 7 holes without seeing anyone, until I got to a 3 some playing from the tips. They would not let me play though for about 4 holes until finally they lost a ball and waved me on through. I finished the back 9, which I thought was fairly challenging, especially the last 2 holes. Then I went back and played a few of the first 5 holes that I rushed through playing through the college players. Starting out on this course was a great way to start my weekend at MG.

This may be the best Value in Golf

I have a Range Package and RTJ Trail Card so I attempt to play at Magnolia Grove on a weekly basis. Having a Trail Card may be the best value in golf for the money.

The Crossing had just recently been aerated so the course had not been played in about a week. The fairways were in excellent condition and dry so drives rolled out very well when in the fairway.

In late 2016, the trees around the course were thinned out to improve air flow around the fairways to assist with drying out the course. This seems to be working well. It may take a while for the wooded areas to return to full green, but the end result will be better fairways, and fewer lost balls in the woods.

The course is well maintained, the staff are extremely friendly and the food in the club house is excellent.

If you are in the area, this is a must play. If you like to take golf trips, put Magnolia Grove on on your itinerary.

This is the first time playing the Crossings. The course was in excellent condition. Best deal is to purchase the Trail Card to get the much reduced price. Definitely will be back.

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018