Magnolia Grove Golf Club - Falls Course

Orange 71 6674 yards 71.4 135
Teal (W) 71 5049 yards 70.4 124
Teal 71 5049 yards 68.1 124
Scorecard for Falls
Purple M: 74.6/142 448 195 430 407 582 190 446 417 420 3535 570 206 423 169 444 445 426 388 552 3623 7158
Orange M: 71.4/135 406 179 413 367 522 173 410 393 386 3249 552 188 405 157 398 407 414 373 531 3425 6674
White M: 69.5/126 370 152 380 345 506 143 390 372 349 3007 523 161 370 137 369 364 351 325 512 3112 6119
Teal M: 68.1/124 W: 70.4/124 345 111 308 335 415 91 340 296 279 2520 393 106 324 117 264 328 295 282 420 2529 5049

Year Built 1992
Greens Mini Verde Grass
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1992) Roger Rulewich (1992) Roger Rulewich (2010)

Carts Yes - $20

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Alabama (2015 #8)

Playing Multiple Courses 7

Great Course- Average Staff

Course was in great shape aside from a few tee boxes. Staff was not extremely friendly or it would be a 5 Star review.

Magnolia Grove

Absolutely beautiful course. Everything about it is a 5 star rating.

Great course and layout

Tees were in great shape. Fairways in great shape with winter rye grass. Greens were pretty smooth considering the play this place gets. Greens had ball marks but most players do not fix them. Great layout from 4 tee areas. I played white and wife played teal. Pace of play was super. Plsyed in 3 hours and 50 minutes. . Sandtraps were also in excelent condition.

Very good course.

Magnolia Grove was the third RTJ Trail Course played and was amazing. Course in great condition for this time of year. Staff was friendly and helpful. RTJ Trail is a must for the bucket list of every golfer.

What a great Par 3 course!

I played this course Sunday morning and don't think I saw another person there and I loved it. I played it from the tips thinking, it was going to be no big deal and could use 4 hybrid max with 215 being the longest distance. Boy was this the most challenging course I've ever played on. I think even 1 tee up it would be a good challenge. I struggled on the front 9, trying to get used to the elevation change - which is quite a bit and a lot more than I would think Alabama would have. Shot a 37 on the front with 4 lost balls. Back 9, I settled in an had fun and had a 30. I think it might be much flatter on the back 9 as well. Either way, this is a MUST play for working on your short game.

Great Sunday Evening at Magnolia Grove

I played the Falls as my 2nd round of the day after playing the short course earlier in the morning. I managed to tee off right before groups of 3 and 11. Playing as a mid teen HC I played from the Orange tees which measures just over 6650. I enjoyed a peaceful round playing at my own place and really enjoyed the course. Being from Louisiana we don't have courses with elevation changes to this was a great challenge. Can't wait to get back here with some of my golf buddies in the future.

Good round at Magnolia Grove Crossings

Played a Saturday afternoon round with a 2pm tee time. The local college players were teeing off, and it about 10 of them and they were walking. This was not a problem since they were pretty good and let me go through, playing as single. I played the next 7 holes without seeing anyone, until I got to a 3 some playing from the tips. They would not let me play though for about 4 holes until finally they lost a ball and waved me on through. I finished the back 9, which I thought was fairly challenging, especially the last 2 holes. Then I went back and played a few of the first 5 holes that I rushed through playing through the college players. Starting out on this course was a great way to start my weekend at MG.

This may be the best Value in Golf

I have a Range Package and RTJ Trail Card so I attempt to play at Magnolia Grove on a weekly basis. Having a Trail Card may be the best value in golf for the money.

The Crossing had just recently been aerated so the course had not been played in about a week. The fairways were in excellent condition and dry so drives rolled out very well when in the fairway.

In late 2016, the trees around the course were thinned out to improve air flow around the fairways to assist with drying out the course. This seems to be working well. It may take a while for the wooded areas to return to full green, but the end result will be better fairways, and fewer lost balls in the woods.

The course is well maintained, the staff are extremely friendly and the food in the club house is excellent.

If you are in the area, this is a must play. If you like to take golf trips, put Magnolia Grove on on your itinerary.

This is the first time playing the Crossings. The course was in excellent condition. Best deal is to purchase the Trail Card to get the much reduced price. Definitely will be back.

Ok value if twilight but not what I was hoping

So let's start with the good. Loved the traps, chick behind the counter was hot, hot dog worth the money, tee markers marked with yardage plates, nice layout. Things I disliked. No yardage books or GPS, course was bare not much grass, lots of wild grass growing I.e crab, clover. So if you're near I would play it but only for the the 46.00 rate. Def not worth 86 or a special trip to play.

Least challenging of the two

The crossing is the least challenging of the two courses on site. They have cleared some of the trees of the sides of the fairway and makes it possible to find your ball and still have a shot out.

Nice facility

This course is nice but is a little challenging. I was in bunkers on 7 of 18 holes.

Great workout for irons

This is an all par 3 course. It was pretty fun and a confidence builder for your irons.

Birmingham Advisor

Just wait for it...

I think I had maybe expected a great deal of the Crossings course going into the round because it was the former home to an LPGA event. But it fell a little flat - at least until making the turn. The opening holes just weren't very memorable if I'm being honest. Other than the par-4 5th, which requires less than driver off the tee because of the severe downsloping fairway past the 150-yard pole and pond that fronts the green, there wasn't a ton of shot value for me. The back nine, however, piqued my interest from the outset with the strong dog-left left par-4 10th to an uphill green. The closing stretch, from the par-3 14th over a pond to a bulk-headed green, is an excellent finishing stretch and makes me think this was the lure for the LPGA. The 15th is a good shortish par 4 that forces you to navigate another pond to another bulk-headed green. After the docile par-5 16th, a stout par 3 and uphill par 4 close the round. One of my favorite things about each Trail site is the unique landmarks that set each apart. Ross Bridge has the old stone water mill. Hampton Cove has the old mule barn. Oxmoor Valley holds the site of an old Civil War-era dam that is easily missed if you are not paying attention. Magnolia Grove has the lovely covered bridge that takes you across the hazard to the green. Top notch. As for what to expect, particularly if you've ventured to other Trail sites? The green complexes are large, bearing four distinct pin placements. But they are not severe, and 3-putts will emerge from poor iron placement more often than tricky slope. Fairway bunkers play a big part in navigating this course. I can't remember a single one that was hidden from view from the tee. But beware: there is a lot of sand in the bunkers and it is very fluffy. Would like to see this thinned a bit. The fairways were ample, allowing even mediocre drivers of the ball plenty of bailout room. Water does play a significant role in 3 of the final 5 holes. In conclusion, the Crossings is a solid course, but relies too heavily on the final five holes for memorability.

Awesome Golf Course

What an awesome course to play! The course layout and the course conditions is everything I hoped it would be. This is a must play if you're in the area. I can't wait to come back and play it again!

RTJ Bucket list course

Made it a point to play an RTJ trail course and was in the Biloxi area, so I drove over to play this one. Certainly glad I did.

The staff was fantastic, the course, Falls, beautiful. The weather was ideal and I would go back in a heartbeat.

The course plays long for me. Lots of contours and the greens slicker than what I am used to. The back 9 seemed to be more challenging than the front. We had the reduced rate of twilight at 2pm and we didn't see anyone else come up behind us until #12.

One of the Best Par 3 courses in America

Magnolia Grove is part Alabama's Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. I have had the pleasure of living near this course and playing here since the course opened in 1992. My most recent visit was after over a year layoff from golf due to injury.

The Short Course is consistently ranked in the Top 10 nationwide by most reputable golf publications and in my view has always lived up to its reputation.

I played the course with my daughter, a high school golfer, on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. There was no one in front of us so we were able to play at our normal fast pace. There was also no one behind us, which allowed us to play multiple tee shots when desired.

The greens were in great condition and rolled true. Care should be taken when aiming at the greens, as most of them have three distinct levels which can lead to multiple extra putts. Multiple tee boxes provide tee shots ranging from 80 yards to over 200 yards.

Sand and or water are in play on every hole, so don't think of this as an easy "executive" course. This is truly 18 championship level par 3 holes strung together to make a challenging and enjoyable golf experience.

If you are playing in the Mobile, AL area, take a few extra hours and play the Short Course. You will not be disappointed.

Texas Advisor

my first taste of the trail

this was my first time playing a course on the RTJ trail. really enjoyed this course. fantastic layout, with stunning views and very well maintained tee to green. unfortunately the day we played the greens seemed to be overseeded or something and were running incredibly slow. that was somewhat frustrating, but didn't change my opinion that the course is great!

the view on 18 tee is just stunning. what a hole.

definitely check out this course!

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019