Magnolia Grove Golf Club - Crossings Course

Purple 72 7212 yards 73.6 125
Orange 72 6652 yards 70.8 123
Teal (W) 72 5261 yards 67.8 113
Scorecard for Crossings
Purple M: 73.6/125 422 185 385 540 430 528 412 219 406 3527 417 398 421 559 195 423 596 226 450 3685 7212
Orange M: 70.8/123 W: 77.5/133 387 168 347 511 392 500 385 192 381 3263 386 364 392 524 172 400 535 201 415 3389 6652
White M: 68.6/114 W: 74.2/127 342 135 317 496 378 484 369 163 349 3033 374 334 371 508 157 354 476 168 382 3124 6157
Teal W: 67.8/113 275 101 279 478 331 425 314 122 316 2641 348 273 285 430 99 282 425 134 344 2620 5261

Year Built 1992
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Sr. (1992) Roger Rulewich (1992) Roger Rulewich (2009)

Carts Yes - $20

Playing Multiple Courses 7
Played On 06/18/2018

Great Course- Average Staff

Course was in great shape aside from a few tee boxes. Staff was not extremely friendly or it would be a 5 Star review.
Staff Friendliness Average
Off-course amenities Average
Played On 03/10/2018

Magnolia Grove

Absolutely beautiful course. Everything about it is a 5 star rating.
Played On 12/14/2017

Great course and layout

Tees were in great shape. Fairways in great shape with winter rye grass. Greens were pretty smooth considering the play this place gets. Greens had ball marks but most players do not fix them. Great layout from 4 tee areas. I played white and wife played teal. Pace of play was super. Plsyed in 3 hours and 50 minutes. . Sandtraps were also in excelent condition.
Off-course amenities Good
Played On 11/22/2017

Very good course.

Magnolia Grove was the third RTJ Trail Course played and was amazing. Course in great condition for this time of year. Staff was friendly and helpful. RTJ Trail is a must for the bucket list of every golfer.
Played On 09/03/2017

What a great Par 3 course!

I played this course Sunday morning and don't think I saw another person there and I loved it. I played it from the tips thinking, it was going to be no big deal and could use 4 hybrid max with 215 being the longest distance. Boy was this the most challenging course I've ever played on. I think even 1 tee up it would be a good challenge. I struggled on the front 9, trying to get used to the elevation change - which is quite a bit and a lot more than I would think Alabama would have. Shot a 37 on the front with 4 lost balls. Back 9, I settled in an had fun and had a 30. I think it might be much flatter on the back 9 as well. Either way, this is a MUST play for working on your short game.
Played On 09/03/2017

Great Sunday Evening at Magnolia Grove

I played the Falls as my 2nd round of the day after playing the short course earlier in the morning. I managed to tee off right before groups of 3 and 11. Playing as a mid teen HC I played from the Orange tees which measures just over 6650. I enjoyed a peaceful round playing at my own place and really enjoyed the course. Being from Louisiana we don't have courses with elevation changes to this was a great challenge. Can't wait to get back here with some of my golf buddies in the future.
Played On 09/02/2017

Good round at Magnolia Grove Crossings

Played a Saturday afternoon round with a 2pm tee time. The local college players were teeing off, and it about 10 of them and they were walking. This was not a problem since they were pretty good and let me go through, playing as single. I played the next 7 holes without seeing anyone, until I got to a 3 some playing from the tips. They would not let me play though for about 4 holes until finally they lost a ball and waved me on through. I finished the back 9, which I thought was fairly challenging, especially the last 2 holes. Then I went back and played a few of the first 5 holes that I rushed through playing through the college players. Starting out on this course was a great way to start my weekend at MG.
Pace of Play Average
Course Conditions Good
Played On 07/31/2017

This may be the best Value in Golf

I have a Range Package and RTJ Trail Card so I attempt to play at Magnolia Grove on a weekly basis. Having a Trail Card may be the best value in golf for the money. The Crossing had just recently been aerated so the course had not been played in about a week. The fairways were in excellent condition and dry so drives rolled out very well when in the fairway. In late 2016, the trees around the course were thinned out to improve air flow around the fairways to assist with drying out the course. This seems to be working well. It may take a while for the wooded areas to return to full green, but the end result will be better fairways, and fewer lost balls in the woods. The course is well maintained, the staff are extremely friendly and the food in the club house is excellent. If you are in the area, this is a must play. If you like to take golf trips, put Magnolia Grove on on your itinerary.
Pace of Play Good
Played On 06/25/2017
Played On 05/25/2017

This is the first time playing the Crossings. The course was in excellent condition. Best deal is to purchase the Trail Card to get the much reduced price. Definitely will be back.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019