Type Private
Coyote Creek Golf Club - Tournament Course

Year Built 1999
Fairways Bluegrass
Greens Bluegrass
Architect Jack Nicklaus (1999) Tom Peck (1999)

Dress code Proper golf attire required. Collared shirts, mock neck shirts golf slacks or golf shorts. No Denim jeans cut offs or tank tops or tee shirts allowed.

Plays Long 47

Always Good Condition

I always like to play at Coyote Creek.
Today was another perfect day to play golf with xlnt condition.
Staff was friendly also.
I will play again.

Tournament Course

I was intimidated playing the tournament course until I finally chanced it. I have now played it 3 times and love it.

SANDED GREENS

normally great course but greens were sanded and pro shop staff didn't say anything when checking in. made putting difficult

We were not informed the greens had been sanded till we got there. They did however knock $20 off the fee. The snack is manned by a person who does seem to want to be there or provide service

First time playing, NOT a warm welcome

Booked to play Friday morning for 88$. Went to the pro shop and it took the guy behind the counter 20secs to acknowledge my presence. First thing he said to me was,"time"?
I almost walked out right then and there.. how about something a little friendlier to someone paying almost 90$ .. I also asked him for a small bucket of range balls while he was checking me in, he never gave me the range ball code. I had to go back to the pro shop to get my balls. The other guy realized his co-worker is slightly incompetent and rude so he gave me a small bucket for free and said sorry that I had to come back. That was a nice gesture. The course was awesome, challenging green complexes. I do not think it is worth the price of 88$. It should be in the 50$ range.. will not be back, I will spend my money elsewhere where I feel welcomed.

Our t time was 6.10, driving range was not open, no food available. Even on the turn the grill was still not open. This spoiled an otherwise good morning.

Customer Service - Bogey

The course is fantastic - one of the most fun and challenging layouts in the area. Risk/reward shots on almost every hole and it is in great condition.

The overall experience though is lacking for the price charged. Unfriendly/unhelpful staff and patrons who make the place feel like public golfers are an unwelcome nuisance. The Members can basically walk to the box and tee off whenever they please, messing up the planned tee sheet and pushing your scheduled time to whenever they please. The range machine did not accept the code given by the pro shop and they would not refund me.

There are similar courses close by of equal challenge, price and condition with a much better customer experience.

Great golf experience

Greens were in very good conditions. Can’t wait to play this course again.

Great course to play

The Tournament course is one of the best courses in the bay area. Always in great condition. The lay out is excellent and challenging. Had some issues with checking in. pro shop staff said my tee time was not available because Golfnow has been over booking the same tee time.. They were able to give me later time at same rate I had paid on line. This is the third time I had issues at Coyote creek when checking in. Not the way i like to start my round of golf

Won the prize of rudeness in staffing

We played on April 18 and April 20, a match among 4 players. Secured tee time online via Golfnow. At check in the staff declined the confirmation with Golfnow and confirmed discounted rates. Claimed GolfNow should not have access to their inventory supposedly for the past 3 weeks. Net, we paid the rack rates. This had never happened once in the 20+ years and thousands of rounds I had played using GolfNow. The worst part was how the staff delivered the message. They were rude, painted GolfNow as the bad guys. Totally unbelievably bad experience. I will never go back to this course, nor would I recommend it to anyone I know. Avoid at all cost. To top it off, it was a 5 1/2 hour round. Brutal.

Still one of the best!

It’s been decades since much of the Valley Course sat on the old Riverside GC, but both the Valley and Tournament Course are well-designed, well-maintained tracks! With the ease of GolfNow and it’s proximity to Silicon Valley, I’m surprised it doesn’t get more play. Give this challenging layout a try. It’s a.great value course!

Golf Now and Coyote Creek Glitch

Apparently there was a glitch between Golf Now booking and Coyote Creek , which over booked the afternoon. Our original tee time was 1:50PM for a foursome. We were told the soonest we could play was over an hour later. The staff tried to compensate for this booking error by providing (1) large bucket of balls for the driving range for a foursome. After this inconvenience, we finally got the green light to tee off, only to have one of the carts die on the second hole, which is a good distance from the club house. It took (5) phone call attempts to get through to the club house to swap carts. We were told they would provide a new cart right away.... FORTY FIVE (45) minutes later, they finally replaced the cart. The only reasoning they had was due to the overbooking and "one of those days". The manger told us we would be comped for the round, but I still have the charge pending.... Overall it was a poor experience and a seven hour round. Totally understand a bad day, but it how you react that defines you......

Best course in Santa Clara Valley

The Tournament course is by far the best course in Santa Clara Valley and surrounding area I always find the play and condition to be excellent. This last time the greens were punched and sanded. i realize this needs to be done but the staff did not mention this condition when asked about tee times or when we checked in. I would have play elsewhere and then played Tournament course in a couple of weeks when greens return to normal

Great layout

Really liked the course, great condition for the wintertime, good venue of holes.

Great course with affordable deal price. Excellent !!

a good play

I really like this course and facility, everything here is first class, from the driving range to the clubhouse to the fairways to greens, and also the sand traps. If you want to challenge your game it also has every bit of that.

Valid dates: Dec 05, 2019 - Nov 01, 2020