2.2

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

at one time agood course

greens were decent .....horrible course conditions

Major construction & poor landscaping

Played well but the course was in horrible condition. Bunkers were non existent as they had grass & weeds growing fully in the bunkers for what must be months. Major construction on parts of the course with no warning of what hole to expect major changes. One hole even had the flag/hole in the middle of the fairway & you’re supposed to putt through that? May look nice when they’re done but for now stay away.

First timers from Portland, Oregon

Some parts of the courses grass can be cut down a little more.

Tall

The rough was too tall to even find your ball. We spent 10 minutes looking for two tee shots on a par 3 that just missed the green. Hitting green side sand wedges to cut through the high thick rough was near impossible.

California Advisor

NOT a Resort!

Rode the Blues (6546/71.5/126) on a GN "Hot Deal" mid day in 3H. Sunny, calm and around 105, but the course was surprising busy when I arrived.

Traditional older desert course where the holes are almost all surrounded on both sides by condo's or duplexes. Vanilla layout, fairly wide open with a few tight tee shots. Not bad, just not overly memorable. I last played here 4 1/2 years ago and the course had just went through a turf reduction, turning large areas of rough into waste bunkers. At that time, the new huge waste areas had nice sand that was cleaned up and looked like they had spent alot of time/$$$ in doing so.

I was told by 2 employees that the place just changed management/ownership and the new people are looking to restore things. They have their work cut out for them, because it looks like whoever has not been maintaining the place the last 6+ months has about ran the course into the ground. I say the following after posting one of my lowest net scores of the year and being charged less than $1 a hole to play.

The tees were horrible. Anything from hardpan, to dead grass to whole tees that were primary rough length. Many had definitely not been mowed in well over a week.

The fairways were bad. About 1/3 thin grass, 1/3 dead grass and 1/3 hardpan with very occasional lush areas.

The rough was terrible. About 1/3 thin grass, 1/3 hardpan and 1/3 lost ball rough. It takes a while for Bermuda to get 6+" tall, the places where they had grass was last mowed a good while ago.

The sand traps around the greens did not look like they had been raked in a month plus. Thin sand with Bermuda runners 1-2' long creeping in from all sides. The waste bunkers that were nice 4 1/2 years ago had not been touched in a very long time. Native brush and tumbleweed everywhere, they looked like unmaintained desert.

Two lakes were dry and evidently have been for a long time, because they had bushes taller than me growing in them.

The Bermuda greens looked nice and appeared to be the only part of the course they were actively maintaining. They are small and fairly flat. Looked nice, but they were about the length of the fringe/aprons on most courses. Some of the slower greens I have putted on in recent memory. It was hard to make yourself hit the ball as hard as required to get the ball to the hole. The fringes had not been mowed in a good while and were rough length.

They are currently renovating the clubhouse. The customer service was excellent from all people encountered, very friendly staff. No on course services. No water or divot mix available. Basic carts do not have GPS.

Over the years, I have played close to 100 courses in the Greater Palm Springs area. The vast majority are usually in good to very good condition, many are frequently in excellent condition. Only two courses have I played in multiple years at different times of the year that have consistently been in bad condition that I now avoid. Mesquite and Cathedral Canyon. Palm Desert Resort is bucking to be added to that short list. I absolutely would not play here until after fall over seeding. I am hopeful that the new owners will do a good job on over seeding and get some decent grass here again. But I will not be coming back until I see several favorable reviews from people I trust.

What Lawnmower?

I’ve played nearly every course in the low desert and decided last minute to play today. This was the only course with Tee-time available before 7:30am so I gave it a go. The staff was friendly, and pace is play was good. But man...not sure if they fired the groundskeepers or lost their lawnmowers or what. Tee boxes were out of control long...so bad you couldn’t see the bright colored tee markers on some holes. And the greens...my goodness. They were the length of most courses fairway cut. I won’t be returning. Plenty of other great options in the desert to choose from.

under construction

ok course. the lakes are emptied and lots of dry spots. I heard the place was bought by the HOA and under construction

change of ownership

I love the course layout. upkeep is lacking some of the tee boxes were full of weeds

Course Needs A Makeover

Weeds all over the place. Low level maintenance has allowed the grass at tee boxes to be higher than the tees. Burned out spots all over the fairways. Greens are not mowed low enough resulting in slow roll speed. A challenging course made more challenging by failure to keep up with maintenance. Could be a COVID-19 caused situation. I don’t know, but not an ideal place to play golf right now.

Commented on 07/06/2020

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Palm Desert Resort Country Club!

Commented on 07/06/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Palm Desert Resort Country Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Much improved!

Dice the homeowners purchased the course, conditions are very good. Good greens & fairways. Great value!

Commented on 06/15/2020

Thank you for your 4 star review. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon. Happy golfing!

Commented on 06/08/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Palm Desert Resort Country Club!

Great course!

Really enjoyed it. Even with the wind today. A challenging course, nonetheless.

Commented on 06/09/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Palm Desert Resort Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Palm Desert Resort Course

Course was average. Play was extremely slow. It is always nice to be out golfing.

Commented on 06/03/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 05/12/2020

Thank you so much for the great review! We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Palm Desert Resort Country Club!

Commented on 03/12/2020