Mesquite Golf & Country Club

2.2

Mesquite Golf Club
Yellow (W) 70 5330 yards 70.8 120
Scorecard for Mesquite
Black M: 69.5/122 518 224 535 188 375 338 491 173 366 3208 481 195 290 382 169 490 206 456 435 3104 6312
Blue M: 68.0/118 W: 72.8/122 504 174 492 175 363 327 482 159 352 3028 464 167 280 366 150 474 182 413 421 2917 5945
Yellow W: 70.8/120 484 148 355 156 347 300 463 141 339 2733 365 127 262 344 117 451 171 351 409 2597 5330

Year Built 1985
Architect Bert Stamps (1985)

Dress code Collared shirt, no cutoffs, denim OK

Response from Mesquite Golf & Country Club on 07/02/2018:
Hello, Thank you for providing your feedback. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great place to play

Great play course, look forward to coming back after the remodeling, see you in October.

Response from Mesquite Golf & Country Club on 06/28/2018:
Hello, Thank you for leaving Mesquite Golf Club a 5-star rating and review. We're excited about our remodeling. We'll see you in October of 2018.
California Advisor

Mesquite C.C.

Rode the Blacks (6312/69.9/123) in about 2.5H a single, teeing off around noon. $10 "Hot Deal" on GN. The weather was sunny and breezy in the mid 90's.

Playing Mesquite is like playing 2 completely different courses. To get to the front 9 you have to cross a busy street. The front 9 is very poorly maintained, a 2/10, and that may be generous. The back 9 is on the same side of the street as the clubhouse. Much better maintained, more in the 5/10 range.

Back 9 tees were semi lush and mowed high. Front 9 tees ranged from hard pan and thin to semi lush. Numerous tees could use leveling.

Most back 9 fairways were semi lush and taller than the rough on many courses. Most front 9 fairways were thin with tight lies.

The fairway rough on both sides is mostly thin, with a few areas that has lost ball rough. The rough around the greens is lush, mowed down and very nice to play from. Most of the lushest grass on the course is within 15 yards of the greens.

The sand traps are poorly maintained. Most has grass and weeds in them, many had burrowing animal holes and they are not regularly raked.

The back 9 Bermuda greens were at best average. Firm, bumpy & medium speed with a few bad spots. The front 9 Bermuda greens were poor to terrible. The first few greens were as much hard pan as grass with large bare areas.

Nicely maintained, older clubhouse. Basic carts, no GPS. No drink cart/Marshall. Numerous water stations on the course. The course was practically deserted. They would be better served closing the front 9 for the summer and working on it, because that 9 would rank in the bottom worst 10 maintained 9's I have ever played in 45 years of golfing. The back 9 is much better maintained and much more playable. The bridges are in poor condition and need to be refurbished. Fun layout that has potential if they got the playing conditions up to even an average level.

California Advisor

Mesquite

Rode the Blacks (6312/69.9/123) in slightly more than 2H as a single mid day. The weather was hot, sunny and breezy.

Mesquite is classic, old school Palm Springs in layout/style. Some of the smallest greens you will ever play on a regulation course. Five par 5's, six par 3's, seven par 4's = par 71 layout. The par 5's are scoreable, the par 3's are challenging and the par 4's are a good mixture. The layout is fun.

However, the conditions are poor overall. Parts of the course are lush. Much of the course is scruffy/playable. And other parts of the course are terrible. The back 9 is maintained MUCH better than the front 9.

Some tees were lush and mowed high. Others hardpan and thin. Many needed leveling.

Most front 9 fairways were thin with tight lies. Most back 9 fairways were lush and taller than the rough on many courses.

The fairway rough is mostly thin. The rough around the greens is lush, mowed down and nice to play from. There are areas that have not been mowed since ??? that you will have to step on your ball to find it.

The sand traps had mostly decent sand. However, from a maintenance perspective, they were a disaster. Most has grass and weeds in them, many had burrowing animal holes and they had not been recently raked.

The back 9 greens were mostly mediocre. Firm, bumpy & medium speed with a few bad spots. The front 9 greens were poor to terrible. Many had large hard pan areas.

Basic carts, no GPS and forget on course customer service employees. I booked a $10 12:06 tee time through GN that is their LAST tee time of the day. I had employees watching me from hole 10 on and wanting to know if I planned on playing all 18 when I was on 15 green. They obviously wanted to go home, and I was done well before 3pm? I only saw a couple of other singles playing. To ride a quick 18 and get some on course practice is the only way I could recommend under these conditions.

Commented On 06/08/2018

Hello, We will closing down the end of this month for the summer, and plan on opening beginning of October for the opening season. Everyone's feedback is important to us, come back in the season for a better experience and better playing conditions.

Playing Mesquite Golf Course for the first time, there was a lot more interest to the course than I imagined there would be. That was a very pleasant surprise. The course was in poor shape to the eye, but it played fine. There were only two cars in the parking lot when my wife and I showed up for our 8:22am round on the first Sunday in June, which I suppose was to be expected, but that was perfect for us. I'm thinking I would play the course again, but in the summer I would look to pay less the next time. I recommend giving Mesquite a try.

Response from Mesquite Golf & Country Club on 06/11/2018:
Hello, Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed our pace of play and staff friendliness. Our course will be closed for maintenance from June 30th until October. Thank you for your business and remember to book your next round with us soon.

Good response to a bad experience

I wrote a review of this course on Saturday June 2 after a bad experience when an employee decided not to let us finish our round. Understandably peeved I wrote a negative review. I also called the golf course two days later to complain. The gentleman I talked to could not have been nicer and was most concerned about our treatment. He promised us a different experience when we next played this course. I also got a reply on my Golfnow review from the director of golf who was also most solicitous and concerned about our treatment. My golf partner and myself are extremely pleased with the follow up and will definitely play this course again in the near future.

charlesatmesquite
Commented On 06/07/2018

We value our customers and thank you for your kind words

Tried to throw us off the course

We paid for a twosome at this course with a 12:06 tee time. By 1:45 we had already completed 13 holes. At that point an employee of the course drove up to us and told us we had to quit playing in 15 minutes, even though we had paid to play 18 holes. He stated that he was the last employee there and had to leave at 2:00. Remember our tee time was for 12:06! When we pointed out that we were playing fast and had paid for 18 holes he proceeded to drive ahead and remove the flags from the remaining greens. Now why Golfnow is selling tee times foe 18 holes at 12:06 and then at 1:45 we are being told to leave is a very good question. Basically this course is trying to rip people off. Golfnow should NOT let this happen.

charlesatmesquite
Commented On 06/04/2018

Hello..we apologize for your experience on the day of your play...I am not aware this has occurred. Please contact me at mesquitegolfps@gmail.com or you can reach me at 7603239377.

Ask for Charles Choi

Director of golf operations

3 stars for sure

This course has potential, but lacking in so many area’s! If you need to practice your short game by yourself perfect, but for a fun day out with the guys, go anywhere else! Read the reviews as they are right on!

Commented On 05/30/2018

Hello,

Were sorry that your experience was less than exceptional. this is certainly not what we want for our golfers. Please reach out to Charles Choi at 760 323 9377 or mesquitegolfps@gmail.com and i wil get this straighten out for you .

Hey, this place is improving with time and I can surely see the difference from last season. The course is being maintained much better and although still sketchy, the bridges have improved as welll. Course lay out is wide open with amazing views of our beautiful valley. Course prices are affordable and as a local that’s what I want/need. Although I didn’t today, anytime I’ve brought my son to caddie and get a few hits in, the staff has always been very accommodating and courteous to my lil guy.

Commented On 05/24/2018

Thank you for your positive feed back, we will continue to make changes to meet our customers needs make you next round more pleasurable.

Challenging course for a good price

Mesquite is always a fun challenge for me. I love how I have to focus on staying on the fairway and love few holes you have to drive the ball over the wash (unless i land in it lol) the course could definitely use some maintenance work but the potential is tremendous. The staff is always friendly. Charles is an awesome ops manager for the course and is deicated to giving customers a better experience. I do hope the continue working on it because it’s is a very convenient drive for me.

Commented On 05/15/2018

Thank you for your positive review, we will continue to make improvements as we move along into the next season. Thank you

Commented On 05/08/2018

Thank you for the positive feed back. We will continue to do our best to make improvements on the course, we appreciate you and everyone who play and support our course.

Valid dates: Sep 17, 2018 - Oct 31, 2018