Apollo Beach Golf & Sea Club

Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Originally designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr., Apollo Beach Golf Club features large, well- bunkered greens and long tee boxes with generous fairways. The course is designed around many small lakes and inlets that dominate the landscape, bringing water into play on every hole. One trip around the layout and you will know that there are all sorts of unseen challenges awaiting golfers of all skill levels. The snack bar/restaurant offers home cooked breakfasts and lunches featuring specials daily.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals seniors wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch 19th hole specials

"Much potential"

fatboy28601's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/30/2018

The course is in need of some work. The greens are being aerated which was not advertised. The grounds crew was cutting the grass on one of the holes as we approached and we had to wait a few minutes for them to clear the green. Sand traps had not been attended to at all.

All that said, it is a fun layout and the staff is friendly. One of my favorite courses to play in the summer time when the price matches the quality.

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 05/23/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, as well as 3-stars. On behalf of our staff at Apollo Beach Golf Club, we do value your comments regarding some of the course conditions so we may focus on any necessary improvements for your future golf experience. We appreciate your dedication to playing our course and look forward to seeing you this summer!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 04/10/2018:

We truly appreciate the 5-stars! Thank you for golfing with us at Apollo Beach Golf Club. Tee it up again soon!

"Rough track lots of hard pan"

airpark's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

No ball washers

Bumpy greens

Lots of better kept courses around

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 04/10/2018:

We're very sorry to hear your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations regarding the course conditions. We value your feedback for any improvements but hope you were still able to enjoy your day with us. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a better round soon.

"Not great but convenient"

u000003197123's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2018

Tee boxes are awful. To many bald spots on fareway . Green in bad shape. Greens very bumpy. Price is righ not worth more than $22.00.

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback, and are truly sorry to hear your recent round did not meet your expectations. Your comments will be passed along to our staff for any necessary improvements regarding the course conditions, and we hope to have you back for a better round soon.

"great layout, very nice staff"

Ronaldbarton's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2018

Played numerous times, love the layout and it's a good challenge.

excellent pro staff and really nice people overall..

will return often.

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 04/08/2018:

Hi Ronald, thank you for the 5-star review! We appreciate your kind feedback regarding our staff and course. Book another round at Apollo Beach Golf Club soon!

"This course could be great!!!"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

I’ve played this course a hand full of times and I see a steady decline in the course conditions. It’s a shame because it could be a beautiful course if they could turn it around. Then it would be really worth the cost of play.

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 04/02/2018:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us, and are truly sorry to hear your recent experiences with us have not met your expectations. Our staff truly values your comments as we are committed to proving you with a valuable golf experience, and apologize if we have not done so for you recently. We hope we have the chance to welcome you back for an improved experience soon.

NTEP's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2018

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 04/01/2018:

Thank you for the 3-stars and taking the time to leave us with a review. We hope you were able to enjoy the day with us at Apollo Beach, and value any additional feedback on how we can provide you with an even better round in the future.

"Cow Pasture"

eriksconberg's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/11/2018

It's like they just mowed down to the ground in the cowpasture and put up a sign to play golf. 25% of the greens had really no grass at all. Very little maintenance is done here!

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 03/14/2018:

Hi Erik, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We apologize if your recent experience at Apollo Beach did not meet your expectations, and truly value your comments so we may forward them to our staff for necessary improvements. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better round soon and thank you for choosing to golf with us.

"Good Value"

NTEP's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2018

Always always slow this time of year.

No starters!

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 03/13/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, as well as the 3-stars. We appreciate your feedback regarding the pace of play so we may pass this along to our staff for any necessary improvements, and hope you were still able to enjoy your round with us. We look forward to seeing you at Apollo Beach again soon!

erickfigueroa's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/24/2018

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 03/05/2018:

On behalf of our staff, we are very sorry to see that your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations and value any additional feedback on how we can improve your experience with us in the future. We hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better soon and appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback.

"good value"

finkfink1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2018

Course was in good shape. Greens were a little rough but puttable

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/21/2018:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we appreciate your feedback regarding the course conditions so we may pass this to our staff for any necessary improvements. We hope you were still able to enjoy your day with us and value any additional feedback on how we can improve your experience with us in the future. Come back to Apollo Beach Golf Club again soon!

gveech's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2018

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/21/2018:

We're glad to hear you had a great round with us! Thank you for the 5-stars and taking the time to share your feedback. Book another round at Apollo Beach soon!

"Another great day at Apollo"

MaryLouCoulter's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/14/2018

Thanks again for the great golf day, enjoyed it and the people we played with. As usual got tired after the 15th to struggle to finish but still managed not to lose too many balls and I got a birdie!! Do find the water across the canal challenging for women as I am a weakling lol.Thanks again!

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/21/2018:

Thank you for joining us for another great round, Mary, and congrats on the birdie! We appreciate the 4-stars and truly value your feedback. Come back to Apollo Beach again soon!

"Excellent"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Four of us went to play on February13 and all of were very pleased ,freindly staff,nice lay out and good pace of play.

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/20/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 5-stars! On behalf of us at Apollo Beach Golf Club, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your day with us. Come back for another round soon!

"Bad First Impression"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2018

First time playing this place after driving 45 minutes to get there, I pulled up to the course about 30 minutes before my tee time. It’s not the Taj Mahal which is fine by me, I can deal with that. What I can’t deal with is the starter giving me a hard time because I booked my tee time on the app as a single. The response I got was, “we don’t accept singles, you need to join up with the group in front of you”. Immediately it put a bad taste in my mouth since I felt rushed and forced to go catch up to the group that was halfway down the fairway. It would have been nice to get some time to chip and putt before hand, but being that it was 8:30 in the morning on a Sunday and I really didn’t feel like arguing so I made my way to the 1st tee. I turn around after a few practice swings and see the starter staring at me with his hands on his hips shaking his head until I hit my first shot. This experience alone will ensure that I never come back to play no matter how great the rate is.

"Beware of Things"

Clay1948293's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/10/2018

Swimming with the local manatees is frowned upon and could be considered illegal.

The sand hill crAnes are in mating season, do not attempt to run. Stand your ground.

Solid Hotdogs.

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/26/2018:

Hi Clay, thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We will be sure to pass your comments along to our staff, and appreciate any additional feedback on how we can improve your experience with us at Apollo Beach Golf Club in the future.

Michael2590197's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2018

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/15/2018:

Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry to see that your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations. Any additional feedback on how we can improve your next round with us is greatly appreciated, and we hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience soon.

camscamp's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2018

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/13/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars! We hope you enjoyed your day with us at Apollo Beach and value any additional feedback you may have. Book another round with us soon!

"Our day."

duggam1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/05/2018

We enjoyed the day and the course. We met two fine golfers and had a great time. The staff were great. and other players very respectful.

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/13/2018:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent golf experience at Apollo Beach Golf Club. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed the day with us! What can we do better next time to create a 4- or 5-star experience for you?

"Course overbooked"

rg112's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/04/2018

Pace was a wait on every hole. I enjoyed the friends and played well. Greens were slow and a little rough in spots. Beautiful day but a little wet on fairways.

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/13/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your feedback. We're sorry to hear the pace of play and course conditions did not meet your expectations during your recent round, but we will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff for future improvements. We hope you still enjoyed your day with us and are glad to hear you played well! Come back to Apollo Beach Golf Club again soon.