Apollo Beach Golf & Sea Club

Caddies: No
GPS: Yes

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

Originally designed by Robert Trent Jones Sr., Apollo Beach Golf Club features large, well- bunkered greens and long tee boxes with generous fairways. The course is designed around many small lakes and inlets that dominate the landscape, bringing water into play on every hole. One trip around the layout and you will know that there are all sorts of unseen challenges awaiting golfers of all skill levels. The snack bar/restaurant offers home cooked breakfasts and lunches featuring specials daily.

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive in the 'burbs   Great for locals seniors wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include water hazards bunkers forced carries   Great for drinks brunch 19th hole specials

"good value"

finkfink1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2018

Course was in good shape. Greens were a little rough but puttable

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/21/2018:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we appreciate your feedback regarding the course conditions so we may pass this to our staff for any necessary improvements. We hope you were still able to enjoy your day with us and value any additional feedback on how we can improve your experience with us in the future. Come back to Apollo Beach Golf Club again soon!

gveech's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2018

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/21/2018:

We're glad to hear you had a great round with us! Thank you for the 5-stars and taking the time to share your feedback. Book another round at Apollo Beach soon!

"Another great day at Apollo"

MaryLouCoulter's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/14/2018

Thanks again for the great golf day, enjoyed it and the people we played with. As usual got tired after the 15th to struggle to finish but still managed not to lose too many balls and I got a birdie!! Do find the water across the canal challenging for women as I am a weakling lol.Thanks again!

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/21/2018:

Thank you for joining us for another great round, Mary, and congrats on the birdie! We appreciate the 4-stars and truly value your feedback. Come back to Apollo Beach again soon!

"Excellent"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

Four of us went to play on February13 and all of were very pleased ,freindly staff,nice lay out and good pace of play.

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/20/2018:

Thank you for the kind review and 5-stars! On behalf of us at Apollo Beach Golf Club, we're glad to hear you enjoyed your day with us. Come back for another round soon!

"Bad First Impression"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2018

First time playing this place after driving 45 minutes to get there, I pulled up to the course about 30 minutes before my tee time. It’s not the Taj Mahal which is fine by me, I can deal with that. What I can’t deal with is the starter giving me a hard time because I booked my tee time on the app as a single. The response I got was, “we don’t accept singles, you need to join up with the group in front of you”. Immediately it put a bad taste in my mouth since I felt rushed and forced to go catch up to the group that was halfway down the fairway. It would have been nice to get some time to chip and putt before hand, but being that it was 8:30 in the morning on a Sunday and I really didn’t feel like arguing so I made my way to the 1st tee. I turn around after a few practice swings and see the starter staring at me with his hands on his hips shaking his head until I hit my first shot. This experience alone will ensure that I never come back to play no matter how great the rate is.

"Beware of Things"

Clay1948293's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/10/2018

Swimming with the local manatees is frowned upon and could be considered illegal.

The sand hill crAnes are in mating season, do not attempt to run. Stand your ground.

Solid Hotdogs.

Michael2590197's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2018

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/15/2018:

Hi Michael, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry to see that your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations. Any additional feedback on how we can improve your next round with us is greatly appreciated, and we hope we have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2018

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/13/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars! We hope you enjoyed your day with us at Apollo Beach and value any additional feedback you may have. Book another round with us soon!

"Our day."

duggam1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/05/2018

We enjoyed the day and the course. We met two fine golfers and had a great time. The staff were great. and other players very respectful.

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/13/2018:

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent golf experience at Apollo Beach Golf Club. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed the day with us! What can we do better next time to create a 4- or 5-star experience for you?

"Course overbooked"

rg112's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/04/2018

Pace was a wait on every hole. I enjoyed the friends and played well. Greens were slow and a little rough in spots. Beautiful day but a little wet on fairways.

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/13/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your feedback. We're sorry to hear the pace of play and course conditions did not meet your expectations during your recent round, but we will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff for future improvements. We hope you still enjoyed your day with us and are glad to hear you played well! Come back to Apollo Beach Golf Club again soon.

truckintodd's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/03/2018

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 02/07/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars, Todd! Hope you had a great round with us. Book another one at Apollo Beach soon!

duggam1's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/19/2018

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 01/22/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. At Apollo Beach Golf Club, we are always looking to improve and would welcome any additional feedback. Is there anything we could do better to bump your experience up to a 4 or 5-star review?

"Play Apollo Beach"

RickKasch's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/16/2018

Excellent course layout - challenging and fun. Nice staff. January in Florida results in very short grass on the fairways with a few bare spots, but the greens were in excellent condition. Already have plans to play Apollo Beach again.

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 01/25/2018:

Thanks for the 5-stars, Rick! We're glad you enjoyed the course layout and our staff. Thank you for your feedback regarding the course conditions as we are always looking to improve. Can't wait to have you back at Apollo Beach soon!

"Great value!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/16/2018

Great value golf course. Interesting & challenging layout. Very friendly & helpful staff!

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 01/22/2018:

Hi Sherry, thank you for the 4-stars and sharing your feedback on your recent experience with us at Apollo Beach Golf Club. We're happy to hear you received a great value for your round, had a positive experience with our staff, and enjoyed our course layout. Thank you for choosing to golf with us! Come back again soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/13/2018

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 01/17/2018:

Thank you for the 5-stars! We value your feedback and hope you had a great round. Come back to Apollo Beach Golf Club soon!

"Hard shots"

meikco's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/11/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

First , for the money it worked , but the course is in rough shape. Fairways have little grass and are hard to hit from .You have to pick the ball clean to get a decent shot .The greens are spotty with frequent bare areas . I like the layout , and would consider playing it again for cheep .

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 01/17/2018:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We apologize that the course conditions did not meet your expectations, and hope you will notice improvements during your next round with us. We still hope that you had a great day, and appreciate your feedback so we can forward this onto our staff. Hope to see you again soon!

"The beach"

Chrisharger's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/09/2018

It is in far better condition than last time I played. There was only one green that has Work being done. A par three forgot which one just make sure you hit it on the left of the green. If you haven’t been here before make sure your drives are straight or you do well with your woods. A lot of water but that makes it challenging. I shot an 83 if I don’t include my mulligan. I went with my 5 yr old son and we were in between two foursomes. So pace was slow but it gave my son a chance to fiddle around a bit with his driver and putter. I do get the impression and or feeling when I go there it’s mainly for elders as I’m only 32 I didn’t get the welcoming charm for other golfers.

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 01/22/2018:

Hi Chris, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for the 4-stars. We value your feedback regarding the course conditions and pace of play so we can make your future experience with us an even better one. We hope you and your son had a great round, and can't wait to welcome you back to Apollo Beach Golf Club soon!

"Will Do In A Pinch"

tlctimfl's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/08/2018

On my first day of retirement, I was looking for a place to play just to get out there and brag to my working buddies. But since we had a week of really cold weather, it was tough to find a course with open slots before 1 PM to make sure I could play the whole round at a decent price.

When checking in, I was told that it was as busy as he'd ever seen it with just about every tee time filled. There was no one after me so I was a single going out by myself and decided to take my time and not be in a hurry.

The fairways were "rough". I found myself rolling the ball to grass from time to time. The greens were very receptive, well filled in and of decent speed but rather bumpy.

Would I play here again? Yes.

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 01/17/2018:

Congratulations on your retirement! Thank you for playing Apollo Beach Golf Club. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad to hear that you will play here again. Let's hope for 5 stars next time!

"Good shape"

BRYAN5180854's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/05/2018

The course is in better shape this year. No mosquitoes. Last year was bad this year they're gone. Course played well, good pace. A good course to play

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 01/17/2018:

Thank you for the 4-stars, Bryan! On behalf of Apollo Beach Golf Club's staff, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us with your feedback. We hope you had a great round and look forward to seeing you again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/05/2018

Response from Apollo Beach Golf Club on 01/09/2018:

Thanks for the 4 stars! Come back again soon.