Grove/Lake at Errol Country Club

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

2.6

Year Built 1973
Architect Joe Lee

Dress code Proper golf attire is required for members and guests of the county club; Tennis skirts, tennis shorts, jogging shorts, short-shorts, cut-offs, or shorts other than walking shorts or Bermuda shorts are not permitted; Tee shirts and tank tops are not permi

Fun track

Fun track. If you don't keep the ball in the short grass, you'll be heavily punished by horrible lies. Greens rolled better then they looked.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 09/15/2017:
We're glad to hear that you had a fun time! Please come and play us again in 2018 when we re-open!

$10 Course

It's place to play golf. Better than your backyard but not by much. Was truly shocked to see how much that place fell off.

The front fairways looked like the backyard of an abandoned house. You should definitely play the back 9 2x. Back 9 is 300% better than the front.

But it was only $10.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 09/15/2017:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us helpful feedback! We have closed for extensive renovations and we hope you'll give us another chance when we re-open in Fall 2018.

It's alrighttttt

The only reason I say it's okay is because of the price. 14$ for 18 holes. The fairways were terrible. The greens were sandy. Tee boxes had normal height of grass in my backyard. I mean but you get what you pay for.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 09/15/2017:
Thank you for the helpful feedback. We have closed down operations for complete renovations and will re-open in Fall 2018. We look forward to your next round then!

Just a practice round for Sunday .....inexpebsive

The course is playable but has seen much better days as posted in my review last week. The staff is very nice and pace of play is great. The course I understand is shutting down in September for a much needed make over. Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 09/15/2017:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Yes, we have closed for renovations and will be back open and looking fantastic in Fall 2018. We hope to see you then!

Worse to Worst

I have played here from 1980 to the present. It used to be a must play course. The course has eroded to the worst condition I have ever seen. I hear of big renovation plans but no timetable. The last year the course has become awful. I play here when I'm broke or a last minute decision. I do hope they make their plan come to fruition. Until then I have too many other choices to bother.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 08/29/2017:
Thank you for the helpful feedback! Yes, we will be shutting down for renovations in September. We hope you'll come back once the renos are complete to see the great progress we've made!
Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 08/29/2017:
That's great to hear!

My day at Mount Dora Country Club

I had an excellent day. Course was in very good condition. I will certainly play this course again. Staff was very friendly.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 08/29/2017:
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! We're glad to hear that you had an excellent day with us and we look forward to your next round!

really upset with the desk check in person

We played again today..we are regulars here and have played here many times. We had a foursome and my friend , in town for the weekend. had his 13 yr old son with him. (not playing) the guy charged him $20 for his son to ride along with us. IS this your policy?? The course was NOT busy at all...We had problems with this same guy before about other things. My friend has played with us several times before WITHOUT a problem and now we get this. He was so mad he wanted to leave. Unless he gets a refund, we all have said this will be the LAST time we will play. But, I know it doesn't matter to you... just wanted to let you know.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 08/29/2017:
We're sorry to hear that you won't be returning. If an extra cart is required, as was the case here (4 adults and 1 teenager), then yes we do charge for an extra cart. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.
14stix
Commented On 08/22/2017

I'm sure this is the same guy that charged my friend who is handicapped to ride along with me. Absolutely Absurd.

Great layout/Payment issues

Great layout...some really beautiful holes. The course has fallen into disrepair as they prepare for a one year renovation. The information from Golf Now regarding the amount I was to pay at the course was incorrect. I had to pay an extra few bucks at the course for "tax". Golf Now needs to correct that information.

Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 08/17/2017:
We're sorry to hear about the pricing inaccuracy on GolfNow and we will certainly look into that. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and we appreciate the feedback.
Response from Apopka Golf & Tennis at Errol Estate on 08/09/2017:
Thank you for the four stars!
Zellwood, Florida