Type Public/Municipal
Ironwood Golf Course

Year Built 1964
Architect David Wallace (1964) Mike Beebe (2010) MacCurrach Golf (2010)

Snacks, Beverage Carts

Banquet Facilities

Green Burnout Issues

This course is usually a good mainstay for me as I have played many times. Course presents some decent challenges and one can work on various aspects of their game. Staff is always friendly and it is a good buy with the Golfnow hot deals, This round the back nine greens were clearly burned out from possible over fertilizing of the those greens. Front nine was in good shape. Good bar area and cart girls are always nice and friendly.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello gator45. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 09/14/2020

u000007181362, thank your great review! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Ironwood Golf Course.

Very wet, greens were good and had a great round

I tee'd off just after 12pm after it had been raining all morning. I knew the course would be soaking wet and cart path only. Any day on the course is a win in my book. Greens were in great shape.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Ironwood Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Ironwood is still deserving of the name Ironweed

The greens are very slow where there is grass and bumpy where the grass is dead or replaced with weeds. If you liked the course in the past it won’t disappoint you. If you expected the city of Gainesville would improve it’s condition over the two decades they have owned and managed it you will be sorely disappointed.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello PeterLars. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff. Thanks for visiting us!

Enjoyable

Not the best greens but with tee boxes from 5000-6500 yards theres challenge for everyone. Starter was super friendly.

Commented on 08/24/2020

Hi Jdriscoll98. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (352) 334-3120 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Ironwood Golf Course!

Bang for your buck!

Ironwood is a sold course that allows you to use your whole bag. There’s some some fun holes out there short and long par 3 risk reward holes all through. Not a bad option.

Commented on 08/24/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u133262010. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Ironwood Golf Course!

Nice Course

The course was in good condition, greens had been punched and sanded. Staff is very friendly.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Thank you for your review, uARKM1003AR. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Ironwood Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hi Frank1233456. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Ironwood Golf Course.

Local Golf

A great course for the money! Very nice and friendly staff! Greens were super slow and recently aireated...not pleasant putting at alll...especially if you are normally playing on nicer courses with speedy greens! The fairways overall were good...just a little hard in areas. Tee boxes were good but the bunkers need alot of work! Especially the long grass in and around the edges. Pretty short and easy course. Typical for a public municipality owned and run course. I would play again if in the area.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hi u314159783524. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (352) 334-3120 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Ironwood Golf Course!

Love the layout

The course plays great. Staff is always so friendly. Only complaint (on me technically) is that greens were aerated and there were more than a few sandy greens. Would still recommend it though. Had a great time!

Commented on 08/10/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u000006314172! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Not bad...greens were in rough shape

Greens has recently been punched but there was an abnormal amount of sand on most of the greens. Made approach shots and putts pretty frustrating.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hi u037433639. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Ironwood Golf Course!

Nice course, aerating greens

It was very crowded at first, we had to wait for 2 groups to tee off right at our tee time. Fortunately the pace got moving after that for the most part.. the greens were being aerated at the time which was annoying but understandable

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hi Tim6303898. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Ironwood Golf Course!

Average course

The guy playing in front of me was wearing a tshirt and gym shorts so that should tell you all you need to know. It’s a good course for college kids and beginners. The greens were terrible. Luckily it’s pretty inexpensive so don’t expect too much when you go out there.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hi Alex5706245! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Commented on 07/24/2020

Hi AndrewWong. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (352) 334-3120 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Ironwood Golf Course!

Rangers Wanted!

Course and greens are in very good condition. Only drawback was the pace of play. COVID has taken its toll on having rangers enforce the pace. I'd play again but only during the week.

Commented on 07/24/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, tomferrante824. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Very nice

Excellent course... need a little more TLC on fairways and greens
Overall was great sharing a round there....
weakest point is the bunkers
Management should bring sand for refills those .That would do the magic around this place

Commented on 06/09/2020

Hi, tigergar07. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Ironwood Golf Course!

I like this course

I have a friend who comes down from Canada twice every winter to place this course. He has other options but likes this one. He introduced me to it, though I have lived within ten minutes for 17 years. I love being out on this course and it has been a great one for getting back in the game, which I have not played since the 1980s, back when woods were wood. I really give this course 4.5 stars.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hi u314159995687. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Ironwood Golf Course.

Commented on 06/01/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, gary44eagle! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Ironwood Golf Course!

Nice layout. Very dry

We enjoyed the course. The pace of play was amazing 18 holes in 3 hours. The course due to lackI of rain was very very dry. Therefore some greens were bumpy and speeds varied. The fairways were hard and rough non existent. Definitely will play again Hoping for rain in all if central Florida.

Commented on 04/09/2020

Hi Golfer21212. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Ironwood Golf Course!

Keystone Heights, Florida