Hyde Park Golf Club

Caddies: No

Dress code: Proper attire is required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Championship 72 6468 yards 71.0 124
Regular 72 6153 yards 69.5 122
Ladies 73 5464 yards 71.3 119

Hyde Park Golf Club, built in 1925 by Donald Ross, is one of the oldest in Florida. In 1971, the golf course was purchased by former touring professionals Billy Maxwell and Chris Blocker, who have successfully restored it.

Rolling hills, gorgeous Spanish Oaks and towering Southern Pines make Hyde Park a lasting experience. A tour stop for the men's and women's professional golf tours in the 1940s and 1950s, the golf course gained a place in history during the 1947 Jacksonville Open. The great Ben Hogan took an 11 on the par-3 sixth, which became known as "Hogan's Alley." It has a deep-faced bunker to the right and water to the left.

Hyde Park Golf Club measures 6,468 yards from the longest tees for a par of 72. The course rating is 71, and it has a slope rating of 124.

Location is convenient to the city in the 'burbs worth the drive   Great for locals beginners seniors   Challenges include bunkers elevation changes water hazards   Great for drinks watching the game brunch

sacco1111's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/18/2018

"Fun course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2018

Visiting the area and wanted to get a round in. Glad I chose to play here. Challenging course layout and greens had some fun contours to play off of. Some diseased areas around the course and tee boxes slanted made for some interesting tee shots but all in all a cool course to play

"Fun Course, Average Condition"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2018

Play here when I visit the city. Love the classic feel of the course, with the moss hanging from the trees. Fairways are hard and sparse which are tough to hit from, greens are slow, especially after playing better maintained courses. I very rarely play from preferred lies, but here it is a must, at least during the winter.. Knowing that going in makes it a fun, laid back round of golf which is nice.

"Best kept secret"

jaxjag20's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/10/2018

The course has been making positive strides with a lot of new landscaping. It has been a hard winter on all the local courses so the fairways are what one would expect this time of year. The greens are rolling good and it offers a challenge Everytime you play. Been Hogan would have told you that.

Commented on 02/14/2018

Thank you for your positive feedback! We appreciate your patience while we transition into the growing season. We have a lot still left to do, but we are working very hard to get the course to its former glory! We look forward to earning that fifth star.

"Hyde Park"

hiramj's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/09/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

My first time laying the course. Love the layout. I know it's been a cold winter for Florida but some of the fairways were very bare and what I mean by that is not winter hibernating brown grass but bare as in no grass in spots (I only mention this because the course is very hyped). Probably could use a ranger on the course when it's busy as by #4 the course was backing up due to people playing holes out of sequence. All in all for twenty bucks I can not complain. I would like to see and play here in the spring. I think it will be beautiful.

Commented on 02/13/2018

I absolutely will play the course again. Like I said I can not wait to see it in the spring. I bet it is beautiful.

Commented on 02/12/2018

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your honesty and are working very hard to get the course to its full potential. With the unusual amount of rain we've had, we have not been able to conduct some of the maintenance we'd like, including poking the fairways to promote the growth. We are confident that this spring will be our best spring yet and hope that you will give us another chance to earn those last two stars!

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/08/2018

"Great Course but tee boxes"

Lottster70's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/26/2017

It’s a wonderful course but the par 3 tee boxes are horrible!

Commented on 01/26/2018

Thank you for your feeback! We are working on the tee boxes as they are a strong point of emphasis for us this year. We replaced 6 last year and will be doing the same this year. We hope that you will give us a chance to earn that fourth and fifth star!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/24/2017

crockhill123's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/07/2017

"Surprised at how rough the course was"

Thom1265's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/06/2017

I’ve played here 25 times but not In about 8 months. Tee boxes we’re nothing but sand and unlevel. Greens were hit and miss but the fairways were cut to low and had massive dead spots. Couldn’t believe how hard the dirt was. They had put money into the bunkers and club house but not very enjoyable to play. Don’t think I’ll be back for a long time. Sad to see it like that

Commented on 01/26/2018

We apologize for your poor experience. We are working very hard to get the course back to its former glory. With the abnormally cold winter and heavy rain, the course has suffered. Once we get into growing season, you will see this course transform more into what you expect! Hopefully you will give us another chance to earn a higher rating!

"this course in bad condition"

matbel's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/06/2017

have played this course 100 times in approx 8 years. have taken a break from golf for the past 3 years. I played here back in may 2017 and it was in bad condition, fairways are cut very short and dead grass everywhere, greens were ok, and i mean just ok!. I would have expected after some rain and maintenance through the summer it would be in much better shape. NOT! If you ever played cecil field golf course, then you will find this course is in it class. Horrible, very poorly maintained. need to fire the grounds keepers and find some who know how to cut the golf course grass. Just to ad but not brag, I am a low 80's Player on this course, and will not ever waist my money here again.

Commented on 01/26/2018

We appreciate your honest feedback and are sorry to hear your experience was less than what you expected. We are in a transitionary phase after the previous administration let the course go. We are not making excuses but we have had one of the harshest winters in years and had more rain than usual. With the combination of those conditions, there is not much we can do during the cold months. We can, however, promise that 2018 will be a great year for Hyde Park! Hopefully you will give us another chance down the road.

"Open but needs work"

Lottster70's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/05/2017

The fairways need work and there are no ball washers at the tee boxes.

Commented on 01/26/2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are working hard to get the course back to the condition that you would come to expect. With the cold winter and abnormal amounts of rain, the conditions are not the best. But we are working very hard to ensure that when the growing season begins, this course will come alive and be in the best condition its seen in years!

damiant1's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/29/2017

sablesdad's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/20/2017

"Timeless classic"

shepner32's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/07/2017

Great to get out here every so often, classic layout and wonderful 5 finishing holes. Could be in a little better shape on the fairways but greens were as good as I’ve seen them.

Commented on 12/05/2017

Thank you for your honest feedback! We are working hard to bring this classic up to its fullest potential! We apologize for the shape of the fairways as we have received a lot of rain this fall which has hurt our growth going into the cooler months. Hopefully you will give us another chance to earn that 5th star!

JCrawford057's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/04/2017

Good course. Nice greens. Some holes are challenging. Enjoy playing this course.

Commented on 12/05/2017

Thank you for leaving your positive feedback. We are working hard to bring this course to the condition it deserves as a historical classic. We hope that you continue to play so you can see the improvements we are working on!

"Slow Greens"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2017

The pace of play was excellent, but the speed of the greens was brutally slow. Not sure is they had been cut, as a result of much recent rain.

Commented on 12/05/2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are always striving to provide the best experience we can for our golfers. We hope that you will give us another chance to earn a 4th and 5th star!

"Bang for your buck"

jgatlantic6202's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/24/2017

Course conditions are getting better. Worth the time and money on a mid day hot deal.

Commented on 12/05/2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you are noticing all the hard work we are putting into the course. We hope that you visit again soon!

Age:  Under 25

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

"A Course Well Traveled"

Micz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/10/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

Dollar for dollar, Hyde Park is my favorite course in the Jacksonville area. If you are not looking for a fancy club house, an expensive restaurant, or people fawning at your every move, this course is for you. It's one of those places in life, where you feel at home. From the first time I played there, until last time, I felt like one of the regulars.

Commented on 12/05/2017

Thank you for your excellent feedback! We are glad that you have felt at home while enjoying our course! We hope that you continue to visit to see all the great improvements we have in store for 2018!