Legends Golf & Resort - Moorland Course

Dress code: Proper attire is required.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex Welcomed

"Great Layout"

Christophe2913806's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/04/2018

Great Dye layout! Course was in great shape overall. Tee boxes and fairways were very good. Had about 4 greens that had winter kill but on those greens they placed the flag in good locations on the green that didn’t have winter kill. Best surprise was being quoted $75 and getting a discount due to the winter kill on the greens. Would definitely play this course again. Bonus for having coolers on the golf carts.

"Greens in bad condition"

roland1058696's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2018

Legends' courses are usually in nice shape, however, I just played in a scramble tournament (May 12, 2018) on Moorlands and most of the greens were is poor condition. large bare areas and patchy grass spots. putting the greens was just luck... will the ball jump to the left or right, you never know. I'd recommend avoiding Moorland for a while. I don't know if there is a plan to fix the bare green problem.

"Destination Golf"

CartNinja's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/06/2018

The Legends complex is a great base for a Myrtle Beach Vacation. Live here but refer visitors all the time. The courses are Highland type and well maintained. The practice facilities are abundent and the Ted Frick Classic Swing Academy is one of the South's best, and has a great Summer Program if you travel with kids.The location is central to Myrtle Beach. It is not an ad. This is what I tell my friends.

"legends resort moorland course"

bob113's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

i have been playing golf for 50 years and i just got back from a trip to myrtle beach with a dozen other players. i have never seen a course with 18 greens that bad before. to call them terrible is an insult to the word terrible. how a course could sell tee times to the public with greens that awful is beyond me. they ran out of green paint which they spray painted to even be able to call it a green. stay away!! after complaining they gave us rain checks. if they were worried about losing revenue now, ok they won. anyone who plays there in the next 3 months, or more will never return.....ever!! i gave it one star because 0 stars were not offered!!

Commented on 05/14/2018

ello bob113. We apologize for your less than satisfactory experience on our course. We always strive to not only meet, but exceed our players' expectations. We are certainly taken aback by your review and a bit surprised, as most players have come off the course complimenting it. However, we would like to hear more about the specifics of your experience here. If you wouldn't mind giving us a call at 516-766-1880 at your earliest convenience, it would be greatly appreciated, as we welcome any opportunity for us to improve. We look forward to having the opportunity earning back your business.

"Looks can be deceiving"

skia4life89's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

First time playing any of Legends courses. First and foremost the free lunch was really good. Inside staff was nice and the overall design was good. That is where the positives stop. The biggest issue was the greens or lack there of. They were patchy and bare. The pace of play was unbearable. It almost took 6 hours to play 18 holes and that is not an exaggeration. And last but not least. The cart guys were extremely rude. Fussing about how much trash was left in the cart when returned (which was a couple wrappers and bottles) not trashed. I will not play at any legends courses again and will not recommend them to anyone.

Commented on 04/26/2018

Great service-NOT-course being shut down and all the greens being redone this summer. Thanks for letting our group know? No rain checks needed-won't be back!!!

"Pleasant surprise"

Ulivonce's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/15/2017
First time playing Used cart Hot weather

Great challenging layout. Pete Dye design. Really enjoyed the course.

"A fun course"

willmy86's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/22/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

I love this course. It has forgiving fairways to set up for your approach shots. These greens are some of the most challenging you will play. The majority of the greens have severe slopes and almost seem unfair. I really like them. The pin setter can make the course play 3-5 shots harder depending on where he puts them. Legends is known for long rounds, but if you play in late June and July you will avoid these.

"Not my cup of tea"

drlgolf's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/01/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I've played this course multiple times in tournaments and I would not pay on my own to go back. It's much too long for my game. Above average golfers may enjoy it, however, due to many very challenging holes with extremely elevated greens. There are some forced carries, but not too many. The greens are really good.

"Lower your expectations..."

Filthy20's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/23/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

This place looks liked they are trapped in 1991.

Everything about this place is old and outdated. There was a HUGE outing, taking up all three courses, pushing every tee time back.

We weren't allowed to take a cart to the driving range.... Because that makes sense - nowhere! Huge place, I get it, but what a pain in the A for having to shuttle everyone over to it.

The cash/credit card ball machine was a complete joke, because it didn't work. This must have been the first ever credit card ball machine, because nothing at this place has been updated since the facility was built a thousand years ago... Luckily the grumpy outside ops guy gave us a bucket of balls, "but I shouldn't do this", he said..

"We do things different around here", is something else he said... But I let that one sit and didn't ask him what he meant, the silence was classic.

Our afternoon tee time went out late, and we made the turn in just under 3 hours! Yes, it almost took 3 hours to play 9 holes. Luckily - and I say that loosely, the food is included with your round, so we bailed on our twosome and went to eat. Food was fair at best.. Service was weird, definitely an "older" crew...

After lunch, we simply went out and teed off on one of the other courses - as we had no chance finishing on the Moorland course.

Moorland course - #2 par 5 - this is probably the worst hole EVER in golf. I have never seen such a thin sideways fairway from a teebox. Full carry over water, and if you miss left you are blasting right into another fairway - which is blocked by a huge slope so you are unsure if you just killed someone or not... Dumb.

We played the front 9 of the Heathland course for our "back 9".. This was a much better layout, minus the recovering greens from a recent summer punch...

Maybe I'll come back and play this course once I'm 50+, as that seemed to be 90% of the crowd that day..

I'd steer clear of this place...

Course Layout: Poor

"One of the best challenging courses in Myrtle"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/10/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

every hole seemed to be unique and challenging; a thinkers course requiring multiple choices and course management; greens were good and fast with character; many memorable holes; the package with breakfast, lunch and two drinks was value packed.

a must play!

"The PGA West of the East?????"

Robert1491937's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/17/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

Good conditions, great people on and off the course, but the course layout is a JOKE. If I was Pete Dye, I would disown P.B.Dye, Jr. ASAP. I played it when it opened years ago and hoped that it had mellowed or settled in over time. WRONG. Most Miniature Golf courses in Myrtle Beach are far superior to this layout. If on a golf trip, have a root canal that day

Course Layout: Poor

"Good value for the money"

None's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/1/2013

We played the Moorland and the Heathland. Good golf courses, but the Moorland is definitly the best of the two. Good design and challenging. The staff is good, but they can't be as friendly as other courses, there's just too much golfers on the complex.