Palmetto at Myrtlewood Golf Club

Scorecard for Palmetto
Blue M: 73.6/137 414 417 397 190 404 566 173 541 390 3492 529 205 361 529 391 439 422 179 468 3523 7015
White M: 71.3/132 387 378 366 165 389 519 153 523 369 3249 503 190 345 511 366 419 394 162 377 3267 6516
Gold M: 69.0/126 W: 74.3/126 347 336 340 150 370 475 135 500 345 2998 484 176 327 493 349 327 373 125 357 3011 6009
Red W: 69.6/117 268 249 305 108 311 439 100 439 299 2518 420 121 306 471 305 309 319 106 301 2658 5176

Year Built 1972
Fairways 419 Bermuda grass overseeded with rye in the cold season
Greens Tifdwarf Bermuda Grass
Architect Ed Ault (1972) Tom Clark (1972)

Ok, not spectacular.

Staff was great. Starter really enjoyed his job and it showed. Course is okay. Nothing bad, nothing amazing about it. Worth about $30. Not challenging. Would be good for an afternoon just wanting to get some shots in.

Nice Value Course

This course is in solid shape and just above average conidtion.......good value.

Great round

This is a beautiful course. We loved the layout and the greens. Some of the employees seemed a little rude to us but oh well. We will be back for the course.

palmetto

played on 9/25/17...greens were in good shape..not great..could have been faster....layout was fun and challenging...tip for palmetto..numbers 9 and 10 are out in the middle of nowhere..so they cant run split tees..we were 3rd group out and played in just under 4 hrs in the morning...thats what made it worth it to us

Average ...

Was told when I booked the course was in great shape ... not so much. Conditions change of course but today the greens were bumpy and inconsistent. Some were moderately quick (none very quick) and some were fuzzy and SLOW. Of the four bunkers I was in, two had six inches of sand and two were hardpan . Fairways were thin but evenly covered. Played from the tips, in the wind (20 mph all day) and the length was not a problem. No exceptional holes, except maybe the 18th which at 468 with a right to left wind that was just a fun hole to play. Very disappointed with amenities. The starter said to grab a hot dog\sandwich at the "quarterhouse' since the 9th isn't near the clubhouse. Approaching the 9th green saw the food cart in front of the quarterhouse serving the group in front of us. As we finished putting out the food cart drove away! Not waiting or asking us if we needed anything and the quarterhouse was closed and empty! By the time we saw the food cart again it was hole 14 and she "just sold her last sandwich". We told her she left us at hole 9 and she made it seem like somehow it was our fault. Not a pleasant interaction. All in all not an impressive experience today. Even if the course was in phenomenal shape this wouldn't be on my particular list of favorites to play anytime soon.

A must play, immaculate!

We played Palmetto course as our last round of a four round trip, it was a perfect ending. First off the wind was 25 mph gusts while we were warming up so we expected bad things. After the wind died down but still breezy due to the intracoastal, the course played very fair. Tees, fairways, traps, and greens were immaculate! I've played many five star courses and payed over $100 for them from Sawgrass, Copperhead, World woods, Southern hills and these conditions are comparable yet more playable for the amateur. Staff was great, especially the cart/bagman. He was very helpful and organized in his area of expertise which he said he's been doing for many years. I would like to say that playing this course up will be short but require you to use every club in your bag. We played from the gold 6000 yds and I used 5 iron off the tee on two par 4's due to the short dog-legs. In closing, I enjoyed this course more than any other on the strand and can't wait to play it again next year.

Playable and Enjoying

Palmetto has a good variety of holes. Enough challenge for all levels of golfer without putting undue stress on your game. Not wide open but hitting areas are generous. Good practice facility, staff was courteous, good value. Will definitely go into my rotation of places to play first.

Rude!

Went As a group of 5 for a friends bachelor party, so we of course asked if they didn't mind if we played all together. The guy at the front desk was completely rude and said if we played together they would kick us off the course. I understand you have rules but you don't need to be rude. During our round the Marshal came around and insulted one of the golfs and was rude. The cart lady was nice but all of the ice she gave us had dirt in it so we couldn't even drink our drinks and the breakfast food was aweful.

Nice Finishing Holes

Course is in excellent shape, Tee Boxes, Fairways & Greens would be in better shape if golfers would fix their ball marks. Repaired recent ball marks on most holes. 17 & 18 are Great Finishing along the waterway. A must play

No worries at Myrtlewood Palmetto

Course in good shape. Any wayward balls were easy to find as it's all pines and your ball stuck out like a sore thumb. I'm going on experience cause I was in there a few times.Don't think it's an easy out though, you'll be penalized. Greens were beat up though. C'mon people. FIX YOUR BALL MARKS! You should feel good about it even if you're not on in reg.Not overly difficult course though. You hit it straight, you'll score.

Christophe3886879
Commented On 03/24/2017

You gave it only 3 stars after that narrative? And you're holding people not fixing their marks against the course? Not a valid review and should be anended. This course is immaculate!

Nice Alternative

Palmetto was a nice, cheaper course. Good for a day in Myrtle Beach where you do not want to spend a lot of money on a round and still get a good value. Pace of play was very slow however.

Beautiful course. Back nine greens dry.

Loved the pace of play. Fairways and tee boxes above average. Back nine greens dry with water drainage on front of green and mushy conditions short of green, making it tough to hit the greens. Couldn't roll up and couldn't stick the greens either.

Pine Hills is the better of the two courses

Played palmetto one day and Pine Hills the next. The fairways on Palmetto were is tough shape. Found Pine Hills much better and a bit more interesting..

course looked good, well placed bunkers but not overly difficult for the average player like myself.

Staff was very friendly. Was apprehensive on how I would be treated or paired with as a single. I was paired with 3 other singles, we all were of similar abilities as luck would have it. We all had an enjoyable round.

No clubhouse or snack bar at the turn. Overall nice course.

Always a good deal for the price.

Can always count on course being maintained, and a good value at the $40 I paid. At 7,000 yards can be a challenge from tips, but very playable from the whites. I can't afford $100 rounds, so it is one of my 1st choices when I come down.

Good value, great condition

Course was in very good to excellent condition. Greens were rolling well and moderate speed. Moderate amount of hazards but not overly difficult Few wet spots here and there but overall did not effect play. Staff was good. Hard to beat at this price in a tourist mecca

Nice course for $31

This was a really good value for a round of golf. The course is pretty long even from the white tees especially with the wet ground from all of the rain. I had a lot of long approach shots. It reminded me a lot of Arcadian Shores. It's a really well maintained older course that is a good value and fun to play.

Great Course, Great Value

The best course I have played in Myrtle Beach by far! The Palmetto course at Myrtlewood has something for every player because it forces you to use every club in the bag. I will definitely make a return back to Myrtlewood on my next vacation.

this course has great setting

Best value for any course in myrtle beach.fun to play.

3.2088235294