Type Public/Municipal

Year Built 1930

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

Good day.

Greens are getting better each time I play. Some of the fairways need help.

Sunday round

Had a good time playing a round at Ocean View, course was in great shape and the pace was perfect. Beautiful weather made it even more enjoyable!

Fast green!

Both fairway and green are well maintained. It's firm and very fast! You can easily get 20-30 extra yards on your drivers.
It's a par70, with considerably short courses and nearly no rough at all. It would be a good course for intermediate players. Not recommended for beginners, especially for a driver shot, since the entire course is an open area.

Fun course!

Maybe dues to amount of rain recently, but found greens bumpy, and tees needed to be mowed. Fairways were very nice as were most of the traps.
A great day!

My neighbor and I played here twice so far this month (August). I's our first visit in just about 4 years. Both days were very hot and humid. The staff are friendly and check-in went smoothly. There are several tees to choose from so you can select a distance right for your handicap. The fairways are in fine shape. The greens had been aerated and sanded a bit ago and were still a bit bumpy but otherwise in good condition. The course is surrounded by huge old growth oaks so there is plenty of shade available. There are several "fun" holes - i'll let you discover them. There are an abundant number of bunkers and water throughout the course. Also an abundance of geese. Pace of play both times was good.

I really like this little course challenging but not a round killer. Greens was in good shape rolling very well hot a couple nice long putts. Staff is always friendly and helpful . This is my go to course when I'm on vacation in the Hampton Road area . Fairways was soggy but the amount of rain the area has had that can be expected. I will play there every chance I get.

Good for the money

Staff was friendly and courteous. Despite the heat, greens were in good condition........from someone who has worked 10 yrs on a 36 hole golf course.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Ocean View Municipal Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We see that you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? Please know that we take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please feel free to reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Ocean View Municipal Golf Course.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Nice layout, good value, where is the grounds crew.

Course is nice and the crew friendly and for the money it's a good place to play. Can be busy, but generally the pace of play is fast.

My problem with this course is they spend very little to maintain. It could be a really nice course if they had the money (I assume) to keep it up. Fairways are dry as a bone, greens seem like they're cut once a week, the pins don't move daily and I never see crew working on anything. Surprisingly the place holds up, but it could be better.

I will continue to play as I do like the staff and the layout and have come to expect what the course is.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Pace of play, but incredibly friendly staff.

So I’m a walker and I was under 2 hrs to the 12 tee box.... Where I waited 15 minutes for a guy standing on the tee box with a ball teed up and a driver in his hand to finish a work call and hit the ball.

Then another 10 minutes for him to chase his ball up the fairway to get on the par 4 in 4 shots. Then for him to spend 3-5 minutes each reading each of his 4 putts.

I got to the 13th tee and the same gentlemen of the twosome in front of me had ridden in the cart to his partners ball 200 yards away. Then walked back 100 yards to get the yardage reading for his ball... Then he walked back to the cart for a club...

I just turned around and went home.

No marshall, and they seemed put out that I was obviously waiting for them so I could play. Odd it never occurred to them to just wave me and the several groups behind me to play through.

Commented on 05/01/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. For further resolution in this matter, please reach out to our team in the pro shop. Thank you for playing Ocean View Municipal Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hello and thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Ocean View Municipal Golf Course.

Slow play, had to wait on every back 9 hole. Staff could have been more friendly and informative. It seemed as if they didn’t know you you got less attention.

Commented on 07/16/2020

Hello JoJo. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and will use your comments as guidance to make the necessary improvements. Thank you for playing Ocean View Municipal Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Military