Year Built 1999
Greens Tif Eagle Ultra Dwarf Bermuda Grass
Architect Joe Lee (1999) Joe T. Jemsek (1999)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Appropriate golf attire

Good Course, But There Are Better Options

I have played this course 20 to 30 times. It suffers from the typical drainage issues that most courses deal with around here. You can typically walk on in the afternoons in the off season. Note that their twilight starts around 2:30 or so and there are no rain checks on twilight rounds. Overall the course is typically in good shape. While I have paid their higher in-season rates with gatherings of friends, this is really a $60-$70 value at peak season and tee time that charges double that. Still a little too expensive out of season, but the convenience for those of us in the area sometimes overcomes the sticker price. Their food is excellent but the kitchen closes pretty early, as does the bar in the off-season. Expensive driving range, but worth it when they allow hitting off the grass. Go elsewhere if they are requiring hitting off the mats. In-season try Okeeheelee, Florida Club, or Martin County for a similar experience at a third of the price.

Always Delivers

Abacoa never disappoints. Tees, fairways and greens are in great shape. Bermuda rough is inherently tough, but is fairly short. At no time did we have to search hard for a ball. Greens roll well but are not particularly fast, and contours are plentiful but not scary. Easy to get an early tee time in July. We started at 7:10 and we’re back on the road by 11:00.

Golf Channel

Great greens

While the layout may be lacking a bit, the greens are the absolute best in the West Palm area. I was lucky to have access to most private courses in the area but would choose to practice putting at Abacoa due to the perfect shape and speed the greens always were in.

Been reading some of the bad reviews. Do not understand them. The greens were one of the best I ever played on. They are not easy. Need to stay below the pin. They are fast and smooth. The course from 6700 yards is quite a challange. Conditions were very good. Going back to play again. Played in 3 and half hours.

$130 ? You cray cray nf

To spend $130 at this course is insane. It is worse than a $45 muni course. There is zero hospitality here, none. I told the bag guy there was dirt all over the seat of the cart and he told me where I could find a towel to wipe it off. The greens were fine the rest of the course was crummy.

Very unfriendly staff

After playing 10 holes we were asked to skip two holes because we would not be able to finish before a tournament was going to be played. The course was cart path only and they added a fourth golfer with us after we played two holes. After skipping one hole we caught up with the golfers in front of us and waited to play each hole after that. When we complained to the staff they said we were playing way to slow (we finished the round in 4 hours) and took no ownership to the problem. We will never play here again.

Best Greens in Palm Beach

This course is a challenge for all players. It is always in immaculate shape with well manicured fairways and quick greens. The pace of play is quick, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the driving range and practice facilities have knowledgeable staff that are available to help you improve your game. The 19th hole has excellent food and drinks that are worth sticking around for. Honestly, I hope you do not see this email as I would like to keep this gem to myself.

Great condition - really biring

Another really boring FL course. This one more so than others. Is it long? Yeah. Is there a couple poorly placed, shallow bunkers? Yeah. Is there some water that doesn't really come into play? Yeah...

Is there anything about this course that poses any challenge or even a memorable hole? No. Bunkers are all shallow, poorly placed and too few. Water isn't an issue, no real tree or out of bounds danger, zero elevation changes or any real terrain to contend with, flat greens with little undulation and most every hole is virtually straight. No elevated greens - nothing. This course is very boring, and too easy.

Really good playing conditions, the staff is sort of friendly and the club house is the best part by far. I wouldn't recommend to play, but looks like a nice place for a wedding.

Commented on 09/28/2016

I never refute reviews, but I had to comment on this one, because it is just wrong. Lots forced carries over water or deep fairway depressions. Many holes have water down one side of the fairway and strategically placed traps on the opposite side. Numerous doglegs, numerous risk-reward options, more elevation changes than most south FL. courses. Tour fast greens sometimes with huge breaks if you are in the wrong place on the green. This is a fine Joe Lee golf course, well maintained and challenging enough that it has been used for USGA qualifiers. It also plays differently and presents different problems from different tees. For reference, I have a 5 handicap and I am a former golf association director. I have played this course on and off ever since it opened and have staged numerous events there. There are many boring courses in Florida but this is NOT one of them.

Commented on 06/29/2016

@ titleist361... are you sure you played Abacoa?? Is is FAR from boring and is probably one of the best maintained courses in south Florida. Abacoa was recommended to me by someone who paired up with me at Atlantic National and he was right... incedibly well kept, friendly staff, interesting layout, fast fast greens... i will probably make this my go to course even though its a ways from my home. I HIGHLY recommend Abacoa!

Great Course, even better food!

We really enjoyed the course and although being in South Florida it was NOT flat! Some teasing short par 4's worth having a crack at and par 5's that are very reachable in 2 BUT we didn't play from the back Tee's.
Pace was a bit slow but we did see a course ranger eventually and speed picked up after the 14th.
Favorite hole :5th makes you think.
Don't leave without trying the food, excellent!!

5 days a week

I play here 5 days a week 52 weeks a year, and find the course challenging and well maintained. The majority of the employees are quite friendly and capable. Course does get busy "in season" and play slows a bit. Normal time to play on an average day is 4 hours. When not busy I can play 18 in 3 hours or less. Riding carts are mandatory, and included in the greens fee. Dining room serves very good food at reasonable prices and has a full bar. This is one of the top courses in the WPB area. moderate cost.

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.