Abacoa Golf Club

Dress code: Collared Shirt with Sleeves, Shorts permissible, Collar-less shirts must have sleeves, No T-shirts; tank tops; halter tops; cutoffs; jeans; running shorts & swimsuits
Credit cards accepted: Yes

AnthonyFioretti's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather

Been reading some of the bad reviews. Do not understand them. The greens were one of the best I ever played on. They are not easy. Need to stay below the pin. They are fast and smooth. The course from 6700 yards is quite a challange. Conditions were very good. Going back to play again. Played in 3 and half hours.

"$130 ? You cray cray nf"

Michael8215262's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/03/2018

To spend $130 at this course is insane. It is worse than a $45 muni course. There is zero hospitality here, none. I told the bag guy there was dirt all over the seat of the cart and he told me where I could find a towel to wipe it off. The greens were fine the rest of the course was crummy.

"Very unfriendly staff"

neddaffan's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/11/2018

After playing 10 holes we were asked to skip two holes because we would not be able to finish before a tournament was going to be played. The course was cart path only and they added a fourth golfer with us after we played two holes. After skipping one hole we caught up with the golfers in front of us and waited to play each hole after that. When we complained to the staff they said we were playing way to slow (we finished the round in 4 hours) and took no ownership to the problem. We will never play here again.

"Best Greens in Palm Beach"

fpm55's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2016

This course is a challenge for all players. It is always in immaculate shape with well manicured fairways and quick greens. The pace of play is quick, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the driving range and practice facilities have knowledgeable staff that are available to help you improve your game. The 19th hole has excellent food and drinks that are worth sticking around for. Honestly, I hope you do not see this email as I would like to keep this gem to myself.

"Great condition - really biring"

Titleist361's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/25/2016

Another really boring FL course. This one more so than others. Is it long? Yeah. Is there a couple poorly placed, shallow bunkers? Yeah. Is there some water that doesn't really come into play? Yeah...

Is there anything about this course that poses any challenge or even a memorable hole? No. Bunkers are all shallow, poorly placed and too few. Water isn't an issue, no real tree or out of bounds danger, zero elevation changes or any real terrain to contend with, flat greens with little undulation and most every hole is virtually straight. No elevated greens - nothing. This course is very boring, and too easy.

Really good playing conditions, the staff is sort of friendly and the club house is the best part by far. I wouldn't recommend to play, but looks like a nice place for a wedding.

Course Layout: Poor

Commented on 09/28/2016

I never refute reviews, but I had to comment on this one, because it is just wrong. Lots forced carries over water or deep fairway depressions. Many holes have water down one side of the fairway and strategically placed traps on the opposite side. Numerous doglegs, numerous risk-reward options, more elevation changes than most south FL. courses. Tour fast greens sometimes with huge breaks if you are in the wrong place on the green. This is a fine Joe Lee golf course, well maintained and challenging enough that it has been used for USGA qualifiers. It also plays differently and presents different problems from different tees. For reference, I have a 5 handicap and I am a former golf association director. I have played this course on and off ever since it opened and have staged numerous events there. There are many boring courses in Florida but this is NOT one of them.

Commented on 06/29/2016

@ titleist361... are you sure you played Abacoa?? Is is FAR from boring and is probably one of the best maintained courses in south Florida. Abacoa was recommended to me by someone who paired up with me at Atlantic National and he was right... incedibly well kept, friendly staff, interesting layout, fast fast greens... i will probably make this my go to course even though its a ways from my home. I HIGHLY recommend Abacoa!

"Great Course, even better food!"

JustGolfDomains's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/19/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

We really enjoyed the course and although being in South Florida it was NOT flat! Some teasing short par 4's worth having a crack at and par 5's that are very reachable in 2 BUT we didn't play from the back Tee's.<br/> Pace was a bit slow but we did see a course ranger eventually and speed picked up after the 14th.<br/> Favorite hole :5th makes you think.<br/> Don't leave without trying the food, excellent!!

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"5 days a week"

JOEL71409's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/18/2014
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I play here 5 days a week 52 weeks a year, and find the course challenging and well maintained. The majority of the employees are quite friendly and capable. Course does get busy "in season" and play slows a bit. Normal time to play on an average day is 4 hours. When not busy I can play 18 in 3 hours or less. Riding carts are mandatory, and included in the greens fee. Dining room serves very good food at reasonable prices and has a full bar. This is one of the top courses in the WPB area. moderate cost.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent