Unlike some Jack Nicklaus golf courses that have earned a reputation for being among the world's most difficult, mid- and high-handicappers stand a fighting chance at the Grand Bear Golf Course. Nicklaus offers wide fairways before the sprawling woods take over on either side, most bunkers aren't horribly steep, and greens generally have room in front to run a shot up. The winding Biloxi River helps build Grand Bear to a dramatic finish. The par-3 14th hole plays through a chute of woods to a green guarded by the river below that runs along diagonally, punishing hooked shots left short. After another par 3 on the 16th that plays with the river to the left, the 17th once again plays over the river on the drive, then parallel to the hole. The 18th hole plays long and uphill back toward the clubhouse.

Grand Bear Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Architect Jack Nicklaus (1999)

Driving Range Yes - 100 tees

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper Golf Attire Required: Collared Shirt (No Denim)

Best Value Course on the MS Gulf Coast

This Course never fails, luckily I live only about 10 minutes away from this course so I'm a little spoiled but I love this place. It never fails to challenge you and the different pin placements are all pretty tough. If you are looking for a challenge and really nice course this is it. Just a little tip for this course - Stay on the Fairway because the rough is thick and will hurt you.

If there is a better course in Mississippi...I don't wanna play it!

Wow! What can I say? I was supposed to play another course today...but I ended up playing at Grand Bear...I was NOT disappointed. As a matter of fact...I played 36 holes. The course was absolutely beautiful and perfect in every way. The staff was awesome...even the guys who came out and greeted me at my car were professional and courteous! The nice lady on the beverage cart...Teresa...made regular checkups on us to insure that we were well taken of. If you are ever in the area...this course is a must play.

Great fairways and greens

This was a great taken care of course. I very good shape. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with anything we needed. We will be going back to play

Very Enjoyable

Jack Nicklaus did a great job on the design. Fairways are generous but if you get in the rough you pay. The greens are protected by sand traps you really need to avoid. Overall a great layout and a challenge to all golfers.

Excellent Course

The staff, course, warm up, everything was great except the weather. Driving range w green fee is a huge plus, and makes it worth the money. No one around or pressuring you, pace of play is amazing.. The starter is friendly every time, he’s great. He makes sure you are informed about the hole placements, and distance. Highly recommended, one of the best courses along the ms gulf coast.

Grand Bear a “Golden Bear” Treasure

I thoroughly enjoyed my trip to Grand Bear. The staff, from the proshop to the starter to the young man spraying down the carts, went out of their way to make you feel welcome. I couldn’t believe how friendly and helpful they were. Great job guys! In addition, the course was in immaculate condition and the layout along with all the tee options was fun and enjoyable. I enjoyed myself so much I booked two more times this week to play before heading home. I will definitely make this trip again.

Best layout south ms

This was my first time playing this course I have played almost all the courses except this one and a couple more. This is the best layout I have played this far. It has demanding tee shots and even more demanding second shots to most greens. We played on a Wednesday evening and the greens had been cut but were Slow. Going to a course of this caliber I would expect them to be rolling faster but I’m sure this south ms heat has something to do with them not cutting them short. Can’t wait to go back and get a second round at this course now that I’ve seen it.

First Rate!

Simply a beautiful course! Staff is friendly and helpful! Great layout. It’s as if you rented the place for a day. No houses, rarely another group in sight. By far my favorite on the MS gulf coast!

great time in southern Mississippi

great early morning round. friendly staff starting with the gentleman that greeted us in the parking lot. great layout and good playability. will play this one again. I will tell my friends about it also.

Amazing

This is the first time I’ve played this course. I expected a jack Nicholas course to be challenging with a great layout. It lived up to the expectations plus a little bit. They advise the greens I just been aerated five days prior to me playing and I couldn’t tell a bit. The greens were very receptive smooth and rolled very well. The view coming up number 18 is absolutely amazing. I highly recommend playing it from the white tees your first time if you are not an experience golfer. I played the gold their equivalent of the blue and I’m relatively long off the tea. It leaves you with a lot of cool interesting shots. I would recommend this to anybody who asked

bad time in dallas

the overall condition of the course in my opinion was not good. the greens were very bad patches all over all putting greens. fairways were very thin. can't say I would ever go back.

Jack’s course

Great day. From the6 mike beautiful ride through the woods to the finishing hole. Course in fantastic shape, greens perfect . The personnel really enjoyed being there and made the day special.

Grand Bear is a Super nice course !

The Grand Bear is a must play if you visit the Biloxi MS. Area . Conditions where wet but they had a bad rain storm hit the day before - it was cart path only . Jack made a super nice golf course in Desoto National Forest and it is a gem ! Lots of tee boxes for every level of player . Staff kind and helpful . Wish we had played it on a dry day . Can not say one bad word about the Grand Bear - hope to play one day when it is dry = had a blast ! Grand Bear for april in great condition - played like the tour would play on any given day - Greens fast - Lush ! = Gem !

Challenging but fair

Challenge to find the place without GPS, limited signage. Once there, very secluded, tranquil feel. Greeted by a gorgeous clubhouse with attentive staff. Course can be challenging with strategic bunkering and lines that challenge your depth perception. Greens rolled nicely, fairways were in good shape. Only downside noted were several tee boxes where the grass hadn’t made a full comeback. Overall, great course, will definitely be back!!

3rd best course in Biloxi area

Played this course in the normal rotation on our spring golf trip. This is worth a day and a very good layout. Impressed with the traps as they have a nice base of sand in them and believe me I know. lol Really nothing bad to say on this visit.

Saucier, Mississippi
4.9019647059
Pass Christian, Mississippi
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Pass Christian, Mississippi
Diamondhead, Mississippi
Vancleave, Mississippi

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900