Type Public/Resort
Style Links

Golf at Grande Dunes and Beach Club in North Myrtle Beach is played on a grand scale. The course is set high on a bluff overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway, with panoramic views of the waterway and maritime forest. It's 7,618 yards, with a very difficult slope rating of 141. Five holes play along the waterway. The greens are grand, averaging 10,000 square feet with eight rotating pin placements, ensuring the course changes significantly from day to day. There is plenty of water, to be sure: the par-5 17th hole has water running down the entire left side and a moat fronting the green, for example. There are also some nice elevation changes; the par-3 14th hole has about a 65-foot drop, with the green jutting out over the waterway.

Year Built 2001
Architect Roger Rulewich (2001)

Caddies Yes
Golf School Academy Yes - "Ritson-Sole Academy at Grande Dunes"

Must Play Course

This is a must play course in the founders club package. The layout is pretty open with the best GPS system in Myrtle beach guiding you around the course. The practice facilities are top notch. Golf balls are waiting for you on the driving range and the short game practice area is as good as it gets. Only negative is the greens were top dressed which made them a little hard to read. The greens were not breaking like the last time we played here and I believe the top dressing was the reason. This golf course is so much fun to play. The views of the inter coastal waterway are unreal. The houses on the course are unreal almost showing off. This course is a must play.

Great way to end our trip!

This is one of the nicest courses I've played in MB. The layout and conditions are absolutely exceptional. There are some great views on the Intercostal and some lavish homes on property. The fairways and greens were perfect. Plenty of water and bunkers out there but it's all right in front of you. The staff was pleasant and courteous. A must play.

This has to be my least favorite courses in Myrtle Beach. It is a bland layout. Nothing memorable about it except the conditions because it is in bad shape.. This course needs some serious work. For the price it is not worth it.

24 Kansas City guys

course was the favorite from half the group. Very scenic along the waterway and not having to pay for range balls sits well with the group. Staff at course was very professional and helpful. WE WILL BE BACK!!!

Disappointing conditions

I played yesterday with 6 other friends. Being a PrimeTime member we decided to spend some extra $ and play Grande Dunes. They lost several greens last year and were advised they had been repaired. I live in the area and play weekly. This course was the worst of any I have played this year..,tee boxes, greens, fairways. We have always enjoyed this track and looked forward to returning....not this time. It will be along time before we decide to return. There are many other PrimeTime / Founders courses that are in excellent condition. Hopefully things will improve.

Myrtle Beach's take on Florida's take on Mediterranean chic

When Grande Dunes opened in the early 2000s, it brought a new aesthetic to Myrtle Beach. It took the Tuscan tiled roofs and general Mediterranean feel that abounds at many Florida communities and introduced it as an upscale option on the Grand Strand. A proud clubhouse and one of the area's best practice facilities anchor the Resort Club.

The golf course very much follows that same sensibility. It's big, broad-shouldered and affects an air of luxury that visiting golfers enjoy. The course is always in good shape, and the stretch of holes along the Intracoastal Waterway is memorable. The course also tests one's lag-putting skills, as the greens are large (though seem to have shrunk a bit in recent years). It is one of the more sought-after courses in Myrtle Beach, and mostly delivers on its promises.

Great beach golf

Friendly and courteous staff. Course was in excellent condition despite the recent rains. Interesting and challenging layout with surprising elevation change for the area. Green were in excellent condition.

Great course.

Played here today as this was one of the only courses in the area letting golfers off the cart path. Course is in great shape. Greens are really good considering the beating these courses took from the ice in March. We were very happy with everything this facility offered from the range w/ free range balls and the chipping areas. Practice green was very comparable to course green conditions. Lots of awesome sights to see on this course. If there is a negative it would be ranger not pushing slow groups to pick it up but we still had a great round. Thumbs up Grande Dunes.

Great track in rough shape

We try to play Grande Dunes every time we come to Myrtle because it is such a great layout and usually in excellent shape. This time, however, the course was in bad shape. The fairways were patchy in some spots; however, this was not a major issue because you could easily roll the ball onto some grass when necessary. The major issue was the greens. They were almost all painted and many had huge bare spots with no grass at all. They rolled at a decent pace, but were rather bumpy. We paid $59 for the round so we weren't too upset because the layout is so great, but given the current condition, it is not a $100 course.

Great resort course

Great round of golf! A very tough course from the tips, but still enjoyable. Course conditions were great. Greens were painted and dirt in some areas, but so well maintained that they were rolling consistent and at 11 or so. Very fun round. range and putting area are ample. Fells like a "Florida course" with lavish spanish style homes surrounding it. Very reminiscent of the Waldorf Astoria course in Orlando, FL. Will be back.

Nice round of golf

Course very well maintained. No complaints. Very generous fairways. Nice greens, tees and fairways.

Will play this many times in the future.

A keeper for the group of 20+ that have been coming here for 25+ years.

Awesome course

I always play courses from the back tees but 7600 with a hangover didn't happen lol played the next tee up, the layout is amazing. Greens were in great shape. Would definitely play it again. Loved it!

Fun challenge

Great course with lots of variations on the holes. Beautiful scenery went with a course in excellent condition. Played long due to wet weather the previous day. Certainly a course our group intends to play again.

excellent southern course

I couldn't recommend Grande Dunes more. Staff friendly 'and helpful, great practice facility, beautiful design and layout, greens rolling nicely even thought they'd been sliced recently. Also, pace of play good even though they let morning groups off both tees. our foursome finished in 4:15. Definetely worth a try if you're in Myrtle.

Staff Members too Cool for Guests

Grand Dunes was the last stop on a 4 day Golf trip with 8 guys. We played Tidewater, Caledonia, and True Blue the first 3 days. The staff, members, and everyone we met or got paired up with were fantastic. At Grand Dunes this was not the case. Check in was fine and the one bright spot is the southern gentleman at check in. The bartender made a bloody Mary for us with no vodka in it but we didn't say anything. The starter sent us to the range then didn't remember we gave him our check in slips. Then we were paired up with 2 young, cocky, aholes that worked there. They didn't introduce themselves to us so we did the honors. Then one had his girlfriend with him just hanging out, OK. Nothing against her but that's just tacky especially when you work there. Grand Dunes, change your policy and don't allow employees to play with guests if they are like this. Then we get to the first tee and the cocky kid proceeds to assume where we should play from, white and tells us he always plays black, but because of the wind not today, OK. Then him and the other kid get up and hit. Sorry, rude, aholes again. We are the guests and you should at least have the courtesy to ask if we'd like to go or wait for us all to get on the tee box. Then the first kid hit a drive into the apartments on the left and couldn't care less. Tees up another ball and pulls that left. The next kid then hits a good shot, I say great shot, he picks up his tee looks at me and walks past me without saying anything. OK tough guy. I'm sorry is it not polite to say thank you when someone compliments you. I guess he's just used to being so good compliments are expected. Then my friend and I hit good drives and they are just sitting in the carts talking about who just got fired from the club. I then hit my next shot right of the green in the water, they tell me that in the water and at this point I'm done. Never play golf for 4 hours with 2 D-bags. We just turned around and went back to the clubhouse. The other employees were sympathetic to the situation, and the guy in the proshop said this was not ok so good on him. He gave us a raincheck but we were soured on the course. We've come down to Myrtle Beach over 10 times with big groups and will suggest against this course to everyone moving forward. These 2 employees should be reprimanded and not permitted on the course with guests again.

New Hampshire Advisor

Great experience. Must play.

Didn't play the tips because they were 7,600 yards (holy cow, lol). Great course. Pick the appropriate tees to play. Great practice areas with free, unlimited range balls.

The greens are sort of a dark, mahogany brown color (dormant bermuda I was told), but they putt very well, running around 9 on stimp meter I'd guess. Tees a 9, fairways a 9, traps a 9 or even a little better. Very cool design. Very playable, but tough, with some awkward approaches on a few holes, such as hitting off a downhill/sidehill lie to a raised green with mid/long iron.

I'd rate this course a must play based upon the whole experience. Any time you have to enter the grounds through a gate attendant you're probably in for a good experience, and this was no different.

The course was in great condition , specially for this time of the year. The greens are in good shape and the fairways are also very good while the bunkers are in excellent shape. Although there are home on the perimeter of some fairways, they really do not come into play at all, unlike the majority of other golf courses in the area.The 9,10 and 13 holes have great views of the intercoastal water way. The course plays true to its card distance , long drivers will really enjoy the course. The staff was very friendly and professional.

Fast Greens

Recommended from a friend we booked and played it in the afternoon for a discounted rate. The course was well maintained with the greens being some of the fastest I have ever played on running 11 to 12 on the stimpmeter. A well laid out design with wide fairways and large greens. Not too easy and not too hard with an overall fairness that rewards good shots if you can putt.I will definitely be returning and hopefully really soon.

Needs Some Love

Unfortunately I can only give this course three stars based solely on today's conditions. The tee boxes were very poor. The fairways were not much better. There were many burnt out patches all over the course. The greens were good considering they must have been punched in the past 2-3 weeks. Clubhouse staff and food service staff were all excellent. I played this course two years ago and it was worth a 4-5 star rating back then. The Founders Group seems to be letting it slide. There is no way this should be one of their premier courses in its current condition.

Not special

All my friends said this was a special place to play. Maybe we caught it at the wrong time. Loved the layout And views but the course conditions were just average. Tee boxes were a little ragged and most bunkers were not raked. Pace of play was slow. Took a little over 5 hours to play. Will play again to see if we can find that special feel my friends talked about.

Request A Vacation Quote From Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Myrtle Beach Golf Holiday will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020