Rivers Edge Golf Course

Practice bunker: No

Dress code: Proper attire is required.

Green (W) 72 5295 yards 72.3 138
Blue (W) 72 4692 yards 68.2 119

Location is worth the drive convenient to the city   Great for advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include water hazards forced carries bunkers   Great for 19th hole scenic views drinks brunch

"Course Condition"

RG19805F0D2EC3B80D4's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/21/2018

Loved the layout of the course. The fairways and greens are In good condition. I enjoyed the shot placement you have to play.

"A keeper"

mubill's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/20/2018

Our 14th family beach trip to this area however 1st round of golf at this course - definitely a course we’ll play again next year

"Best of the beach!"

Rsmithjr28's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2018

Can't say enough good things about this course. From the staff to the layout to the conditions, this is the best course you can play in the Myrtle Beach area. One of my favorite course to play anywhere.

"Great Golf Course"

Pete9338884's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2018

It is a must play when you are in the Ocean Isle Beach or Holden Beach area. Great value for the money. The golf carts are awesome. I listened to music the entire round and did not have to drain the battery on my phone. The GPS feature also helped a lot.

David1231017's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/17/2018

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Club on 06/19/2018:

Thank you for the 4-Star review!

"Bad then good"

Mahargjg's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/16/2018

The woman in the pro shop could not find my Golfnow booking and was somewhat adversarial. Once I showed her my confirmation email, she then overcharged me. When I brought this to her attention, she provided the overcharged amount along with stating, “have a good time at Walmart.” Unacceptable and insulting behavior. She acted like I was a bother from the time I walked in. The rest of the staff could not have been more professional. Watch out for the bad apple blond.

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Club on 06/19/2018:

Thank you for the honest 4-Star review! We appreciate you pointing out any customer services issues at the course, we will definitely address this issue. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

bamcmillan's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/10/2018

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Club on 06/15/2018:

Thank you for the 5-Star review! Please come back and see us again soon.

"Great Experience!"

MidparkGolf's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/03/2018

Great Hot Deal price led us to this fantastic course. With so many options in Myrtle Beach area, the Hot Deal was too good to pass up despite being 45 minute drive from North Myrtle Beach. Course was in good shape except for two greens, but pins were positioned in healthy grass areas. Loved the layout!! Just about every hole is scenic. GPS in golf carts is extremely helpful!! Would definitely recommend playing here.

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Club on 06/07/2018:

Thank you for playing Rivers Edge Golf Club! We're glad to hear the 45-minute drive was well worth it. We appreciate you recommending our golf course to others as well. Be sure to Like us on Facebook for the latest course news and specials!

"Great value"

David8920107's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/30/2018

Excellent course. Great value, especially if you get the Hot Deal. The staff was extremely friendly and great help. The carts are new with integrated GPS in them. I don’t mean a bushnell GPS strapped to the cart, I mean a GPS with a large screen built into the cart. It also plays slacker radio or you can hook up your phone via Bluetooth and play it through the speakers built into the cart. USB charging ports for your phone are also available.

We ran into two issues on the course. The entire course is in emasculate condition except for the greens of 17 and 9. Winter hit them pretty hard but from what I understand most golf courses in the area have more than 2 greens that are affected.

The other issue was pace of play. Not a single marshall there to keep pace so instead of waiting we skipped and went to the back nine and played that nine then came back and finished up the last three on the front. Able to finish in about 3 hours. Would have been 4-5 had we not skipped ahead.

All in all a great deal and a nice place to play golf.

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Club on 06/07/2018:

Thanks for playing Rivers Edge Golf Club, David! We're glad to hear how much you enjoyed the new GPS in the carts with all the advanced features. As for the pace of play, we apologize if the pace was slower than normal on the front. Next time, give us a call in the pro shop and we'll see what we can do. Thanks again and we hope to see you out here for another round soon.

"Most Enjoyable!"

vercaemert's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2018

Course is in great condition except for two greens, which are terrible from winter kill, and is a very excellent value when on hot deals. GPS added to cart in the past month offers some good info about course layout, but is annoying with needless messages. Course is not well marked.

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Club on 06/07/2018:

Thank you for playing Rivers Edge Golf Club! Our maintenance crew is working hard to improve those two greens that were affected by the rough winter. Your feedback regarding the GPS is very important to us as well. We hope you book another tee time with us soon.

"Challenging"

EricGroves's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018

The course was great few greens were a little rough but as I understand winter was bad on the area. Other than those few greens the course was in great shape defiantly not for beginners.

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Club on 06/07/2018:

We appreciate you playing Rivers Edge Golf Club, Eric. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Yes, the winter was rough on many courses in the area but as you saw, we're almost back to 100%. Come back again soon!

"Best Course in Area"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018

River’s Edge is THE GEM in the Myrtle Beach area. The course design offers challenging golf for all levels of golfers. Every hole offers beautiful views and utilizes the terrain to make a great day of golf. GPS in the cart is state of the art. Visited the course in May and the conditions were fantastic. This course is a MUST PLAY! Club house & pro shop are top notch. Thanks ARNIE for making this gem community & golf experience available to enjoy.

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Club on 06/07/2018:

Excellent! Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and kind words about our golf course. We're thrilled to hear you consider us to be the best course in the area. Come back to Rivers Edge Golf Club again soon!

"Good day of golf"

golffore2001's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/23/2018

1:57 tee time and no one in front or behind us. Played in 3.5 hours. Conditions excellent except for 9 and 17 greens which we we warned about. Finally parred #9 after about 5 doubles or worse. Love the layout.

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Club on 06/07/2018:

Thanks for playing Rivers Edge Golf Club! Congratulations on finally conquering #9. We're glad to hear how much you enjoyed the course conditions and layout. Come back again soon!

"Difficult"

Gpost's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/21/2018

Tough course. Good value. Greens showed stress from winter

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Club on 06/07/2018:

Thanks for the 4 stars! We're glad to hear you find our course to be a good value. Come back again soon.

"Nice course....Beautiful Views"

daveleeander's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018

An excellent course. Shot placement required. If he winds blowing don’t go for the 9th green, take the closest area on the right, save your score! Greens were slow, but rolled true. Fairways were tight, but green. Entire course well maintained. Play it if you’re in the area

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Club on 05/23/2018:

Thanks for playing Rivers Edge Golf Club, Dave. We appreciate your kind words regarding the condition of the greens and fairways. Definitely some good advice not to go for the 9th green if the wind is blowing. We hope you come back again soon!

Pier1955's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/05/2018

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Club on 05/09/2018:

Thank you for playing Rivers Edge Golf Club! This past winter was rough on us and we have some grass still in dormancy but the conditions are getting better every day. Hope to see you again soon!

"A sad disappointment"

uRPCF6839RP's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/27/2018

I’m from the UK and was over here in September last year and it was a must play course. The condition then was great. I don’t know what’s happened since September but did read in the clubhouse that a renovation and tree removal programme was under way in March of this year. That didn’t cover the total loss of the green at the spectacular 9th. hole..I don’t know what happened there perhaps it was the unexpected snow in the winter that killed it off? Having travelled 4000 miles from the UK and the expectation of playing the course it was a great disappointment. That said I will return again in September and play those spectacular holes along the salt marshes. Pace of play is also an issue but then it’s a popular course but course marshals need to keep players on time and any groups that hold others should be told to,stand aside and let players that are quicker through. Sadly this is not only the case at Rivers Edge but through out Myrtle Beach courses. There seems to be scant regard for the pace of play etiquette and it is always poorly policed. Apparently it is always the people in front or a group two holes in front. Both the Usga and the R&A want to improve pace of play to encourage more people to play well they better not come to the Beach!

The staff at RE could not be more welcoming or helpful, (the burgers by the way were excellent and only 9.95 including a beer and chips! ) but that can never make up for a five hour round and a course in somewhat poor condition.

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Course on 04/30/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Rivers Edge Golf Course, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the Shallotte area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Give folks a break"

Copperpeak2001's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2018

For the half backs that expect perfect conditions just know all will be well in a few weeks. We can only expect what Mother Nature gives....you seed and a Frost happens...it sucks. Give Myrtle a break. It’s treated you all so well over the years.

Commented on 04/26/2018

Appreciate your support! Mother Nature has not been kind to our region. Rivers Edge is one of the more fortunate courses but we all still have some grass still in dormancy. We are healthy and will survive!

"Great layout tough course."

sharken47's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Second 18 of the day. Best played as 1st round when over 60.would play again.

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Club on 05/09/2018:

Thanks for joining us here at Rivers Edge Golf Club! Nothing better than playing 36 holes in a day. Come back again soon!

"Very difficult for high handicappers"

Bilmalk's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

I will be back to play this Arnold Palmer course once I improve my game. Very difficult and requires precise shot and club placement and selection. Incredible course as far as the physical setting and layout.

Response from Rivers Edge Golf Club on 04/26/2018:

Thank you for playing Rivers Edge Golf Club! Although the layout can be difficult, we hope you still had fun. Come back again soon!