Bali Hai Golf Club

Bali Hai Golf Club
Silver 71 6156 yards 68.6 113
Bronze 71 5535 yards 71.5 122
Scorecard for Bali Hai Golf Course
Black M: 73.0/130 341 538 468 324 392 168 550 482 208 3471 526 190 440 468 250 546 141 484 486 3531 7002
Gold M: 70.2/125 328 513 440 305 367 144 539 464 164 3264 495 165 423 458 224 527 123 456 466 3337 6601
Silver M: 68.6/113 W: 70.2/117 290 494 415 280 341 121 517 450 140 3048 472 138 407 426 202 498 98 419 448 3108 6156
Bronze M: 71.5/122 W: 73.4/126 270 452 351 255 323 108 471 351 105 2686 445 110 375 409 160 446 86 389 429 2849 5535

Year Built 2000
Fairways Bermuda (Tiff II/419) overseeded with a trilogy of Rye Grass
Greens Bermuda (Tiff Eagle) overseeded with Poa Triv
Architect Brian Curley (2000) Lee E. Schmidt (2000)

Caddies Yes

Amazing Food 18
Entertaining Clients 27

Fun play, but bring your own clubs.

Course layout is great, grass is a little this in the fairways this time of year. Some dirt showing.

The only real conplaint? I decided to rent clubs for once rather than fly mine down with all my equipment for work. Huge mistake. The rental fee is $79 for VERY used Callaway irons and woods. Like scratched and dented very badly. Grips warn, and graphite shafts on all the irons. Not what I was expecting when they said they had stiff and regular varieties of the best brand new callaway equipment.

As I was leaving to pro shop she asked me if I had brought golf balls? No, because at every course or resort I’ve ever been to... they are included in the price of the rental clubs. Especially for $79. The most I’ve ever seen for rentals was $69 at Pinehurst to play the US open course...

So I had to buy an $18 sleeve of Callaways because they don’t carry any other brand of balls... this is a really lame ploy to sell balls that no one wants. If you’re going to make people renting buy their balls, at least give them a choice of balls they might actually like to pay for.

Texas Advisor

Bali Hai BallyHoo

Our group had an 8:30 am start time in in what turned out to be a frigid sub 40 degree Las Vegas morning. It's high desert, yes. It's winter, yes. Still felt unseasonably cold.

Staff on-site was tremendous. The young lady at the bag drop off was on her game for a cold Monday morning and the caddie master was exuberant in his short pants.

The course lays at the south end of Las Vegas Blvd and directly across from the runways at McCarran International Airport. I have heard much about the facility as a friend of mine is a former Director of Golf here and of course, it was/is owned by the famous Vegas gambler Billy Walters.

I want to get this out before I detail the course. You will be playing in the noise of landing or departing airplanes. No way about it. During our round, one of my playing companions timed the take-offs at every two minutes over three holes. That said, deal with it.

The course has berms, bunkers, some elevated tees, some water hazards, some small greens, and some large greens.

Due to the mixed handicaps in our group and the sake of time, we played from the Silver Tees at 6,156 yards 68.6/113 rating/slope.

The first tee sets a good tone. Waste areas in front and down the side to a slightly elevated green. Bogey is a good score here but our group all played to par.

The par 3's are great. Number 16 is a carry over water to a two-tiered green and played at 100 yards. #14 par 3 is a bruiser at over 200 yards.

The long par 4's and the par 5's offer a great test. the berms on each hole do a great service to slicers and hookers as they can force the ball back down into the fairway if caught beneath their ridges. Even so, for those over, there is usually fairway.

As the weather warmed to a balmy 45 degrees, the course got better.

Overall, the fairways and greens were in good condition. The rough is dormant. We got a great deal on green fees. I look forward to playing again.

Lovely Course Near the Strip

Wonderful day at Bali Hai with another couple. Enjoyed the course. Greens are great, but the fairways and rough are being worked on in certain small areas..slit aeration with overseeding. Bunkers need fluffing up and better sand.

Don't get me wrong...it is a lovely course with friendly staff and great facilities.

Must Play Course

This course was wonderful! We enjoyed our round and the awesome views of the strip! The staff was amazing! We even had a flat tire while we played and the staff took the time to change our tire. My only complaint is the pace of play. Although we finished we were waiting on almost every shot for the group in front of us. But with that being said if you are in the Vegas area this course is a must play!!

Nice course but for Vegas standerds not up there

At arrival our first ikpression was really good, great clubhouse! The staf is really commercial and try to upsell, that is something that makes me feel uncimfortable. The Course lay-out is very much of the same, mamy holes look alike, and the comdition of the course is ok, not really good, many pitchmarks on the greens, I started from the gold and on the front Nine it was quite easy but on the back nine i could not reach the greens as most holes where too long

Great to play with view of the strip

This course is well maintained and it's really nice to play with a vew of the strip. Would not play here again unless there was a good deal, there are cheaper options elsewhere.

Excellent

Fantastic course. Shot a 44 with 2 lost balls on front 9. Would be hard to play for a beginner.

Great day in Vegas

I came to Vegas for a little golf and run in the rock n roll marathon.

As a single man y courses frown upon trying to get you out.

Not the crew at Bali Hai!!! Super friendly, incredibly helpful.

TAKE A CADDY!!!! I had Craig as my caddy he saved me at least 6 sttokes over the round.

Shop had a fantastic selection of apparel and souvenirs.

I will play there again.

Thanks for an awesome day.

Bob

Great day in Las Vegas

This should be the blueprint for how a daily fee course should be run. We had a fun day on a fun course and were so well treated by everyone. The bag drop guys were helpful. The pro shop gave me a credit for a round when one of our foursome couldn't make it. We had Dan as our caddy and he was very helpful and ran his butt off. If you are looking for a great time in Las Vegas away from the casinos Bali hai will make you smile. Great job to the entire team!

Just Awesome

Soooo worth the money!! My friends and I wanted to get a round in so we rented clubs best Callaways on the market! As soon as we arrive the vibe is amazing everyone must love their job their cause we felt right at home. The golf course is beautifully green and so bright, greens rolled great. We had so much fun we played twice!! Dont tell my wife lol

Excellent staff

Nice conviently located course very, very friendly staff. Will definitely come back

Great round. Convenient location.

Great course and convenient to town. Perfect for meeting clients and friends.

Worth a visit

Course is lush. The guys at the bag drop had taken the clubs I shipped, unloaded then from the travel bag and had the cart set up when I arrived. Very helpful. Pro shop guys friendly, drink cart lady amazing. And good greens. Lots of airplane noise but it is so close to the Strip it is not a big issue.

High Expectations

I played this course based upon the recommendation of a local who I played with the day before. Staff friendly and knowledgeable. The course was in horrible shape! Ok, it is summer in Vegas, but who decided that summer is the time to aireate and plug the entire course??’!! Could not have been worse! Greens were in puttable, fairways dead or dying! Really? Not worth the money. Sorry, expected better.

Fantastic Course, Awesome experience

I cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed this course. I would recommend it to any body that enjoys an awesome track with top of the line amenities! One of the best courses in Vegas Hands Down!!

Great course and friendly staff

Played on a very hot Vegas day in July, temp of 113. Of the courses we played that week, all were very good with providing water and wet towels, but here we did have to pay for water and no towels were provided. I brought my own water jug which saved me but others had to buy water all day which was costly. Lots of singles, and twosomes and as a standard foresome we felt pushed a lot and everyone was wanting to go around us, which was frustrating. Fun course, and great staff other than that. Would play it again!

Beautiful Course, but some things to note

The course is gorgeous with beautiful views of the strip. The desert areas are covered in crushed coral to bring out this beautiful white color. The course is challenging, but a real joy to play.

Some things to note:

1) The course right next to McCarran INTL Airport so you hear and see airplanes taking off overhead through your round.

2) The sand traps are trash. They look great from far away, but when you get close, they’re hard and filled with rocks. I didn’t pay $179 for a round just to ruin my clubs in your sand traps.

3) Despite the fact that the course is pricey and seems to be packed whenever you drive by or play, they are closing this course in the next 1-2 years to put in a strip mall. It’s a crying shame

GReat layout, challenging but fair

Owesome course, have played over 350 courses, collect logo balls from played courses. i really enjoyed the round, views, layout...

Henderson, Nevada