View of a green at Bear's Best Golf Course

At Bear's Best, a 7,194-yard track about 20 minutes from The Strip, the Jack Nicklaus design team stuck to recreating holes from other Jack desert designs, making them actually almost fit into the natural surroundings. (Aside from the black sand bunkers and that's just so cool, you don't mind).

Plus, they made the fairways wide, giving your ordinary golfer a good chance to get through the day smiling. You won't post a career-low score at Bear's Best, but you won't lose four sleeves of balls, either.

Four of the holes are replicas from Desert Mountain in Scottsdale, but also features holes from Nicklaus' Spain and Mexico work. The best thing about Bear's Best may be how the Nicklaus team, often accused of making their courses too tough, kept the average hacker in mind.

Yet what really sets Bear's Best up as a great play is the service. Every foursome gets their own forecaddie and the staff can make you feel like a VIP.

"Bear's Best is probably the greatest overall experience we've had on a course," regular Las Vegas golf visitor Josh Isadore said. "The guys are still talking about it."

Bear's Best Las Vegas

Year Built 2001
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2001)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Paul Wilson Golf School"

Bar, Grill, Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Nevada (2017 #17)

Beautiful Course

This was my first time playing this course and it definitely was one of the best courses in Las Vegas. I would highly recommend playing this course if you are able to because the views are breath taking and the course is in great condition.

Good Course!!!

i want to recommend this course.
this course is awesome and fantastic.
i love this course^^

Commented on 06/22/2020

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Great course!!

First time playing Bear’s Best. Course is challenging but fair. Has some nice views of strip and nice amenities like. Bluetooth in cart. Look forward to playing again!!

Commented on 06/22/2020

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words. We're glad that you enjoyed your first time playing our course and we hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Spectacular layout

What a course. Played in less than 4 hours and loved every single hole. Possibly the best course I've ever played. Can't wait to come back.

Commented on 06/12/2020

Terrific! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Terrific! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 06/08/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 06/02/2020

Commented on 05/07/2020

Amazing course

This course was everything I expected it to be. Looking forward to playing again, hopefully after the corona virus restrictions

Commented on 05/11/2020

Commented on 03/23/2020

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great Nicklaus layout

I always like Jack Nicklaus courses and I look forward to playing this one again. Greens must have been plugged in the last three weeks as the they were bumpy and slow. The rest of the course was in great shape especially if you factor in the hard rain they had 24 hours prior to my play.

Commented on 03/17/2020

Great views of the strip

Neat course played I up from back putts break toward the strip

Commented on 03/13/2020

Upscale Golf Course

Upscale Golf Course. Friendly Staff ! Should play this track if you can afford to pay. The day we played was rainy and the grass of the tee box was thick and high.

Commented on 03/12/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're glad you enjoyed our course despite the rainy weather and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Bears Best is a great golf experience

This was one of the most interesting and fun courses I have ever played. Very nice conditions, each hole a bit different depending on the original hole and the location it was borrowed from. All challenging but fair and fun and be sure to play it forward to max out the experience since unless you are a scratch golfer, the tips would be brutal. One hole is from Castle Pines, CO and the type of trees, grass and slope changed suddenly after multiple holes that were more 'desert style" ...very cool place.

Commented on 03/11/2020

Fantastic! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Great course lay out enjoyable to play as always

The course design is as good as always. What surprised me was the fairway, tee decks and the greens are so lush and soft. Course is in immaculate shape. Being a Canadian coming to Vegas, this was very enjoyable.
However, like many other courses, there were no Marshal around the course, luckily, we didn't need one.
The weather was perfect for me between 17 to 19 Celsius. The only unfortunate part was it became windy shortly after the 5th hole or so, Otherwise, all was perfect. I teed off at 12.48 with another 3 guys and finished early enough before the sun set.
We had a great time. We might be a touch slow according to the GPS screen by 5-6 minutes, but the other group behind us was only behind our back for a few holes.
All in all it was always fun to play here whenever I came.
Only comment is that the course had better service and amenities back when it had caddies years ago.
To Golfnow, my only complaint is that the other single who rode with me paid $20 less than I did.

Commented on 02/27/2020

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. We're sorry to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with your GolfNow rate. If you wish to discuss this with their support team, please reach out to them at 800.767.3574. Thank you for playing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Commented on 02/24/2020

Commented on 02/19/2020

Fantastic! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Close to Perfect

With the exception of one sand trap on #9 which was being renovated, conditions were excellent. Friendly staff, good food in the clubhouse and a reasonable pace of play pretty much left our group with a great golf experience.

Commented on 02/24/2020

Course was in great shape, little windy today but that only made the experience more exciting.

Commented on 02/11/2020

Bad service

We had a tee time for 18 holes at 1:50 and they held us back for over 30 minutes. The hold up made it impossible to play all the holes with visibility. On top of that they cut off the beer cart on our first hole. When we got back to the club house at 5:30 everyone had already left and the clubhouse was closed and locked. Terrible service for a very expensive gold outing.

Commented on 02/20/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests and we're sorry we didn't meet that expectation. We appreciate your feedback and we will use your review to help us improve. Thank you again for your review and we hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Public/Resort