At Bear's Best, a 7,194-yard track about 20 minutes from The Strip, the Jack Nicklaus design team stuck to recreating holes from other Jack desert designs, making them actually almost fit into the natural surroundings. (Aside from the black sand bunkers and that's just so cool, you don't mind).

Plus, they made the fairways wide, giving your ordinary golfer a good chance to get through the day smiling. You won't post a career-low score at Bear's Best, but you won't lose four sleeves of balls, either.

Four of the holes are replicas from Desert Mountain in Scottsdale, but also features holes from Nicklaus' Spain and Mexico work. The best thing about Bear's Best may be how the Nicklaus team, often accused of making their courses too tough, kept the average hacker in mind.

Yet what really sets Bear's Best up as a great play is the service. Every foursome gets their own forecaddie and the staff can make you feel like a VIP.

"Bear's Best is probably the greatest overall experience we've had on a course," regular Las Vegas golf visitor Josh Isadore said. "The guys are still talking about it."

Bear's Best Las Vegas

Year Built 2001
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2001)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Paul Wilson Golf School"

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Nevada (2017 #17)

Beautiful course to go and play I would recommend for sure if you can go for the right price!! Friendly staff, course is in great shape. The views with the houses surrounding every hole was incredible to see plus the mountains once you hit the back nine!! Loves the layout and the pace of play was really good

Commented on 10/07/2019

Excellent! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Beautiful, but way too fuzzy. Plus one real lame experience.

First off , this course is beautiful. Great views, incredible homes and great golf holes that can really challenge you and reward great shots. However, I was really surprised to find the tee boxes had really long grass, like I am talking almost "rough like"! Also, the fairways were like "first cut". If this course had tight lies on the fairways/tees, it would be amazing.

Unfortunately the one thing I will remember the most about this round was attempting to play the 15th hole (211 yd Par 3)....At the LARGE home to the right of the teebox were a group of people outside on their patio. They proceeded to intentionally set off a fog horn during the back/down swing of all four of us....causing us all to shank, of course. Hilarious. Ruined my round (score and experience). Insult to injury, when I mentioned it to the guy cleaning my clubs at end of the round he couldn't have cared LESS. I know the course cant control the dummies and their fog horn....but maybe the lack of concern by staff tells me its a common occurrence?

Commented on 10/01/2019

Great! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

This course was absolutely awesome. If you come to Vegas you’ve got to play this course. The greens were in excellent shape the fairways had been over seeded, But we’re still in great shape One of the best golfing experiences I have ever had The views were awesome,

Commented on 09/30/2019

Fantastic! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Great day of golf

I love playing Nicklaus golf courses. - The fairways are wide and then the fun begins with elevated greens with multiple bunkers. The view from almost every hole is fantastic with the mountains and amazing homes. The staff was excellent and the course condition was really good although it was cartpath only today. I highly recommend this.course

Commented on 09/26/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Wow wow wozer

that was amazing,
we really fell in Love with this course,
It has everything beauty and a challenge
Many thanks again to starter/marshall Guido

Commented on 09/25/2019

Wonderful! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Bad conditions

1” grass in the fairways, 2-3” grass on the tee boxes, cart path only, broken gps unit on cart. It would have been great to know that the course was in this condition at the time of booking. Absolutely not worth $170. In its current condition, it’s an $80 course at best.

Commented on 09/23/2019

We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Bear's Best Las Vegas. We hope to see you again in the future.

Beautiful course

Course was in great shape, it was my first time playing at Bears Best, each hole presented a different challenge. Will definitely play there again.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Terrific! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your first time at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

A Vegas Must Play!

This course has everything you possibly need, except air conditioned cart paths. Great layout. Played on a very hot day but no complaints. I've played here on all past visits and will play again. Bears Best gives you about every challenge you want. Thanks to all for making my day awesome!! I'll be back.

Starter

The starter, Gregory, was a true professional and made us feel welcome.

Commented on 08/13/2019

Outstanding! Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're glad that Gregory left a great impression on you. Please book another round with us soon at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

Commented on 08/01/2019

Wonderful! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Las Vegas. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 07/30/2019

Terrific! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Bear's Best Las Vegas!

First time

Corse was in shape for the late July time frame. Will play again. Lots of up and downs from cart to gelreen and back.

Commented on 07/26/2019

Awesome! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

We teed off on 10 instead of 1. Had a great time. Friendly staff all around, great pace of play. Gorgeous course. Greens were great, minus 1-2 of them on the front nine.

Commented on 07/29/2019

Amazing Views

First time playing a desert course. Views were amazing. Course was in incredible condition. One of best courses I have ever played. Highly recommend.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Terrific! Thank you for your kind words! We're glad that you enjoyed your first time playing our course and we hope to see you again very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Nice experience.

Challenging but fair. Only complaint is the bunkers are baked solid. Not enough sand to get under the ball. Liked Jack's narration of each hole.

Commented on 07/22/2019

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Always enjoy this course

The course was in good condition. I always enjoy playing here when I am in town. Beautiful views add to the enjoyment.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Terrific! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Beautiful course

Our first visit to Bear's Best was well worth it. Staff was friendly and accommodation. Although it was a summer day, temperature barely reached 100. Unlimited water was provided. Course was perfect except for the fact the greens were recently aerated. Another drawback was that there was no on-course marshall and the foursome ahead would not let our twosome pass. So round took 4 hours which wasn't too bad. Overall a very positive experience.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Excellent! Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Bear's Best Las Vegas thanks you!

Bears Best Is A Fun Track

Very fun course to play. Amazing conditions and the pace of play was excellent. Very pricey but the atmosphere is worth the money. I’ll be back soon!

Commented on 10/15/2019

Challenging

It was my first time at this course and I did enjoyed it We were greeted by the staff with a warm welcome. The course was challenging for me. But over all my experience is the course was fun.

Commented on 07/10/2019

Terrific! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Las Vegas.

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Feb 16, 2020