Cascata Golf Club
Scorecard for Cascata
Black M: 73.8/150 367 427 561 216 523 379 157 408 451 3489 466 346 165 469 434 212 508 489 559 3648 7137
Blue M: 72.7/140 337 406 545 193 500 364 139 390 427 3301 423 333 150 389 393 192 473 470 514 3337 6638
White M: 71.0/133 W: 76.5/146 309 377 531 160 460 339 129 370 390 3065 385 310 132 348 369 168 446 450 495 3103 6168
Gold M: 66.5/103 W: 72.8/133 287 337 467 130 448 259 122 343 363 2756 337 267 122 306 347 148 434 370 456 2787 5543

Year Built 2000
Architect Rees Jones (2000) Keith Evans (2000)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Caddies Yes - mandatory

Walking Allowed No

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Nevada (2017 #6)

Entertaining Clients 8

Georgia Advisor

AWECOME Course Layout, Fantastic Staff but average conditions

This was my first time playing Cascata. I had read alot of great reviews about Cascata and their phenomenal customer service.

The course is a bit of a drive from Las Vegas, but well worth the drive.

When you arrive at Cascata you begin the phenomenal customer service. You are greeted by a valet to park your vehicle, your caddie to take your clubs and a greeter to escort you into the amazing clubhouse.

For me, the worst part of the entire time was the course conditions. MANY of the fairways were burned out with lots of sports where there was no grass. MANY of my shots from the fairway were from spots with no grass. Many places around the greens had no grass. The caddie said a couple weeks ago they had a water main break and they were without water for four or five days and within those four of five days many areas were burned up without being watered. as far as course conditions TPC Las Vegas, Bears Beast Las Vegas and Las Vegas Paiute courses were ALL in much better condition. However, the service and overall experience at Cascata was truly amazing.

The course features many water hazards and running creeks which you do not expect for desert golf. There are many amazing scenic views with spectacular pretty golf holes.

The day I played the pro shop noted the greens were a 10.0 on the Stimp. The caddie said that was slow for the greens. Alex the caddie said the greens usually run 11.0 - 12.0 on the Stimp.

However, at Cascata, the emphasis and your time is on the golf "experience" and that is where Cascata excels.

As you walk in the doors of the pro shop and hear the amazing sound of a rushing river beneath your feet while looking out onto the amazing practice facility. You know you are at a special place.

The golf carts are housed inside the clubhouse so that when the you are ready to go you drive outside to the practice facility and see a huge waterfall / stream rushing down the mountain behind the driving range.

The course layout, the scenery, the wildlife (big horn sheep, rabbits, road runners, coyote) the customer service, etc. was amazing.

Be sure to snap plenty of photos as the scenery and course layout is amazing. I just wish the course conditions were better. I know they cant do anything about a water main break but it sure made for disappointing conditions when MANY times I was hitting off bear dirt with little to no grass.

Play It

If you are debating about playing this course, do not think anymore. Go play it and play one of the best. Conditions were outstanding as well as the customer service. I was treated as if I play the course every week. For caddie Ryan {Smitty} was outstanding.Had the course basically to myself, was the first one out and I finished @ hours and 50 minutes later. Was not rushed as I took many pictures and Smitty even took some of me. The whole experience is great, from check in to your mango scented cool towel after the round

Golf experience of a lifetime

Yes, it is expensive, but worth every penny. I’ve played golf for many years and never had an experience like I had at Cascata. My forecaddie, Leigh was such a cool guy and so knowledgeable about the course. I had the entire course to myself and never felt rushed. Beverage service on the course was outstanding. You just can’t put a price on the experience I had on this course. I will be back with friends and can’t wait to play this course again.

Cascata still a bucket-list Vegas experience

Great conditions. Check. Great views. Check. Great service. Check. Great holes… Cascata has plenty of those, too. For this reason, I have to give the Rees Jones-designed Cascata Golf Club the highest marks. My only knock on this place is that it's not walkable, that maybe there's a little too much distance to drive the cart between holes. But when you consider the level of service, the clubhouse, the fact that you get your golf cart inside the clubhouse instead of outside by a cart barn and, oh yeah, that there's a small river that runs through the clubhouse, there's so much to love about this unique experience. The driving range at Cascata is even fun. Not only can you see the 418-foot waterfall behind it, but there's a pretty good chance some bighorn sheep are going to make an appearance as well. As far as the golf course is concerned, there are elevated tees with great views of the Strip as well as the mountains, impeccable conditions and lots of really fun holes. I think the par 3s are especially good, and I like the finishing hole, a risk-reward par 5 that plays over water to the green.

A 5* desert golf experience

Cascata is a bit of a drive from the Las Vegas Strip, probably 30-40 minutes depending on traffic. But it's certainly worth the detour regardless of how long you plan to stay in Sin City.

This was the second time I had played, and the layout was just as immaculately maintained as it was the first time around. The course features several water hazards and running creeks - certainly a rarity for desert golf - and the natural slope of the mountain terrain creates several scenic vistas and undulating holes.

If you're like me and you like slick greens, this is definitely your spot. The pro shop advertised 11.5 on the Stimp for our round, and the putting surfaces played every bit of that. Expect to encounter at least one putt where you're turning your back to the hole because of the severely-sloped greens.

But at Cascata, the emphasis is on "experience" and that's where they shine. From the moment you walk into the doors of the pro shop and hear the booming sound of a rushing river beneath your feet while looking out onto the practice facility, you know you've encountered a special place. The golf carts are housed inside the same pro shop/clubhouse structure, meaning that when the wooden doors fly open to begin your round it's akin to a ride taking off at a theme park.

Our group played as a fivesome (all single digit handicaps), and taking two caddies the course was able to accommodate us. The caddies certainly saved each of us a stroke or two over the course of the round and supplemented the experience from storytelling to staging photo ops.

Like most desert courses, the biggest defense is the wind and when the breeze blows, Cascata can become a beast. But we caught it on a relatively calm day this time around, allowing for an enjoyable stroll around some of the prettiest ground you'll encounter in the Vegas area.

The course offers relatively wide fairways, although the penalty for a miss is usually a trip into the rocks and a chip out at best. Keep it straight and you'll have plenty of options, as the four par-5s are each distinct and offer plenty of character while short par-4s like Nos. 6, 11 and 14 can still test your skill. When you get to the green at the par-3 12th hole, don't be surprised if you're like our group and spot a mountain ram grazing next to a greenside bunker.

Be sure to snap a pic behind the 13th green overlooking the 14th fairway, perhaps the prettiest spot on the course, and the third tee box is also great for a group photo if the sun is pointing in the right direction.

One of the best

Everything about Cascata is first rate. The layout is spectacular and the course condition is perfect. I have played there numerous times and have never been disappointed. The level of service is extraordinary. However, our latest trip topped the service scale. We made mention to our great caddie, Mitch Carlson, that we were leaving for home. When we arrived at the rental car, either Mitch, or Joe, the caddy master had packed our clubs in the airline travel bags! Unbelievable great service.

Great Experience

My plans changed a bit, and I had Cascata on my radar so when the day opened up I jumped at the chance.

Its about 20-25 minutes from Vegas, I Ubered from the Strip, it was like $25 each way so not too bad, especially if there is more than 1.

The experience is fantastic, the clubhouse has water running through it, you get your carts inside just down the stairs from the proshop, and not in a garage, but feels like you are driving them off a showroom floor or something, Very cool.

Your group must take a forecaddie, its worth it especially the first time as there are a lot of nuances that they can help you with as far was what can be carried, shot lines, and reading the greens which are very challenging. Our group had a FC named Malakai he did a great job for us. Would recommend him to you and your group.

The course is outstanding, its Vegas and the pricing can be a little much, but I cant imagine the 2 $500 courses being $300 better than Cascata (certainly not the Winn from what I have heard) and having played Bali Hai, which charges not that much less than Cascata, the two are not even close in terms of course and golf experience, Cascata is in a completely category than BH.

I have been fortunate to play some of the highest ranked courses through the years and I would put Cascata certainly in my top tier of courses.

Malakaddie
Commented On 01/11/2017

Thanks for the great review and recommendation! Hopefully seeya back again. Malachi

You won't be disappointed

Cascata is a must play when you are in the Vegas area. You will be impressed from the time you enter the iron gates and the Clubhouse comes into view, right through the practice area and on to the stunning golf course. The friendliness of ALL of the staff is second to none. I was part of a group and the only reason that I gave them a 4 star on food and beverage is that the buffet breakfast provided was not as good as the other courses we played at. Other than that, it is a full 5 star experience and you won't be disappointed. One valuable comment on the course....Pay close attention to the reads that you get from the caddy or you will have a VERY LONG day putting!!! Our caddy saved us multiple strokes with his ability to advise on slope, speed and breaks. The day we played the temp was 54 F and the winds were gusting to 35-40 MPH so that added an element of difficulty but if you play the proper tees for your ability you can still shoot a decent score.

Great Experience; Not a Great Golf Course

I can't say enough about how great the facilities are. The waterfall, the range, the locker room, the F&B are all first class. The staff and their caddies have been great every time I've played Cascata, which 5-10 times.

I just don't like the golf course, when you're standing on the 14th tee, you'll wonder whether you've played this hole three times already. You're going up and down all day and for that reason, there aren't a ton of memorable holes. The conditions are always very good though. If you're in Vegas, I'd play here once but not more than that.

Must play in Vegas

Thanks for a very knowledgeable caddie. The course it self is challenging with some blind tee shots and ideal lay up locations. The greens break is daunting - that's where a good caddie is worth the money. This is one of my two favorite courses in Vegas (other is Reflection Bay), but the price is a bit steep for routine play. My recommendation is to play the course on a nice day and be prepared to be humbled.

Just Doesn't Get Better Than Cascata!

Had been here for the first time a few yrs. ago. Got a chance during a recent visit to LV to go back and was reminded how great of a facility Cascata is. Staff is first class, course is outstanding, scenery beautiful and clubhouse is spectacular (waterfall running thru!). I've played alot of great courses all over US and definitely put the whole experience at Cascata in my top 10. It's pricey, but I've played other places for $300+ and this is definitely worth the splurge

Cascata deserves its fifth star

In the last review, I gave Cascata four stars, simply because a 4 3/4-star rating wasn't available. After returning to the course for the first time in four years, I'm ready to proclaim it a full five-star experience. First impressions are Cascata's specialty. Golfers arrive to a gorgeous clubhouse with a waterfall running through it. You'll come to despise that waterfall that winds through the course, but it looks marvelous pouring through the clubhouse and down the rocks above the range. Our group encountered a flock of Bighorn sheep grazing on the range as we warmed up. The course itself continuously climbs up the mountains and back down again. Misses into the desert and rocky canyons tend to disappear, although my foursome had several lucky breaks that spit balls back into play. The caddies read the greens like pros. Hang onto their every word to make a few putts. A member of my foursome drained an 80-footer on no. 18. This place is good at creating memories that last a lifetime.

Malakaddie
Commented On 01/11/2017

Bomb it over the desert on 18 and reach in 2 easily, especially if down wind.

Cascata, the Eighth Wonder of the World in Boulder City, Nevada

Rees Jones once called his 7,137-yard Cascata the "Eighth Wonder of the World." Cascata looks like a hybrid between Wolf Creek in Mesquite and Shadow Creek. Its rocky cliffs and lush fairways are Caesars Entertainment Corp.'s answer to the Wynn Golf Club and MGM's Shadow Creek. All three high-end clubs were created to wow golfers with caddies, immaculate conditions and superior service. Jones reportedly spent $70 million to build Cascata, which opened in 2000. It costs up to $375 to play, but can be had in shoulder season for lower. It's a fair price for a dramatic course that rides more than 800 feet of elevation change 3,200 feet above the desert valley floor. Cascata's magical setting resides 25 miles from the strip, although it's definitely worth the drive.

Boulder City, Nevada