A view of the 17th hole at Siena Golf Course

Type Public/Resort
Style Traditional/Links

Gripping it and ripping it may be in vogue, but course architect team Brian Curley and Lee Schmidt are not going to let that be the extend of your strategy at Siena Golf Club.

This Las Vegas course is about shot-making more than bombing away. Siena's 97 pot bunkers are arranged to force frequent strategic decisions. Sometimes discretion is the better part of scorecard valor at Siena.

Hooking the ball every which way is paid for dearly at Siena. It's best to go with the clubs you can hit reasonably straight and give up a little distance.

Views of the surrounding mountains are complemented by six different water bodies, including Lake Siena. You'll be strategizing in some striking scenery.

"I don't think you'll come away impressed with this course," marketing director Mick Toscano said. "I think you'll come away awestruck."

Siena Golf Club

Year Built 2000
Fairways Rye Grass
Architect Lee E. Schmidt (2000) Brian Curley (2000)

Amazing Food 9

One of the “greener” courses in LV

Staff was great, course was good, greens were best I’ve played in my week here. Nice layout but some sand traps were not so good.Definitely play here when I can.

nice course.

The course was in decent shape for February. Staff was nice and helpful. The course was challenging but not intimidating. Nice selection of tee boxes to meet your ability.

Course is in excellent shape. Greens are fast. Pins were placed in a couple interesting positions. Fifth or sixth time playing course. Always enjoyable and would return anytime.

Commented on 02/11/2020

Hi Darin5787279. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Siena Golf Course.

Tee times are too close together

Tee times are only 8 minutes apart at Siena, which causes backups to grow throughout the day. I had to wait on every shot, and quit after nine holes. The staff says that they see the same problem all the time, but tee times have not gone to a more “standard” ten minutes apart.

Commented on 02/17/2020

Hello blome. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

The par 3s have some teeth. Greens in great condition and most are elevated so a quality approach shot required.

Commented on 01/17/2020

Thank you for your review, u000005689547. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Siena Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Booked an early morning round that was delayed because of frost. Staff did a great job getting everyone out. Good course, great staff.

Commented on 01/17/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us u092577849. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Siena Golf Course thanks you!

Great condition

This was a great golf experience from the bag drop to the 18th green. The course is in excellent condition and is quite scenic for a desert course. Greens were a bit difficult to read—some slow and some fast but overall pretty good. I recommend this course, in fact I’m playing there again tomorrow.

Commented on 12/27/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, RexVincent! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Getable Vegas course

I’ve been playing different Vegas course for last 6 years and I have consistently been impressed by Vegas golf courses. Siena golf course is another amazing Vegas style links course...this course has some amazing views, holes , lay out...nice bar, clean and very nice restrooms, great food, and very getable course...lots of birdies out there especially playing from blue or white tee boxes. Only downside was the range needed to be rotated...no where nice to practices lots of divots and sand ...you can tell the are golfers practicing there lol greens pretty fast but very true to their line. Another awesome Vegas course in the books! Play it for sure!

Paradise found

Excellent value at twice the price! Staff was great, particularly the starter.

Commented on 12/18/2019

Hi dave8248. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Siena Golf Course!

Nice Course

This is a semi private course located inside a 55+ year old retirement community and it plays that way as well. This course, at least for me, played easier from the back Tees versus playing further up. Like a lot of Vegas courses they have forced carries off the tee to save on water,
maintenance etc. but provide you with wide landing areas and sometimes the employ that on the second shot as well. If you hit your driver 240+ and you play the White tees you’ll probably end up in the hazard. That’s why playing back a set of tees makes it easier, it puts the driver back in your hands and you can take advantage of the nice landing areas. Course was very well manicured, unlimited range balls included as well with your greens fee so that was nice. This was a very pretty and scenic course with lots of Mountain Views, a little pricey but it was an enjoyable round. Staff was very friendly from the bag drop off to the starter and everyone in between. Recommended.

challenging and good

Played Siena for the first time today. The layout of the course is very nice. Its pretty much target golf with very deep bunkers. The course was in fairly good shape with the exception of a few tee decks. Greens were good and fast. A few of the fairways were spotty where the over seeding didn't take. The staff were friendly and the starter was very good at giving advice as to how the course played. I would love to return and play it again after the first time knowing what I know now. For under $75.00 worth the visit.

Commented on 12/11/2019

Thank you for your review, douggibson. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Siena Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon and we're glad that you enjoyed your round.

Course looks great! Greens were a lil slow but the fairways and rough were nice and green!

Commented on 12/03/2019

Thank you for your review, Mike24Jones. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Siena Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Winter wind

My son and I played this course while in a family trip to Vegas. A rain storm came through the day prior, but the course drained well. Carts were allowed in the fairways the next day. The course was in great condition. Greens super fast. The wind was steady 30 mph with gusts ro 50. Shot the highest round in years, but the plus side, no one was in the course. 3 hour round. Awesome.

Commented on 12/03/2019

bsimonsen67, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Siena Golf Course.

Anti-5somes

Too many 2–somes slowed down the pace...played just under 4 1/2 hrs BUT could’ve finished 30 minutes earlier if we didn’t have to wait 7-10 minutes at each tee box due to a 5-some and 4 2-somes ahead of us..need to send out by 4-somes all the time!!

Commented on 11/14/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Siena Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great course for good value

We only had a tee time at 2:36 pm but we were aloud to start earlier so we could make the 18 holes before dark ( 4 ball ) ! They were all very friendly and the cold northwind is naturw - nothing to do about that one! Course layout is great with the mountains in the back !!

Commented on 11/05/2019

Hi Luftpost. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Siena Golf Course!

Gut wrenching green complexes in a quiet neighborhood

Normally I roll my eyes at the thought of backyard golf in Summerlin. Siena is now a favorite.

Despite having no EV charging Stations, there is ample parking, even during primetime Saturday on a perfect weather day. The parking lot could benefit from a few more trees for shade.

The bag drop wasn't exactly being attended but I did notice a few guys keeping an eye out for anyone walking or riding up. Staff was friendly and told me where to go and where everything was. My first stop was the practice green. It was large and in great condition. The speed was representative of all 18.

Heading out to the driving range, I found the space a little tight and the lesson area was a bit too close, but the (Wilson -Staff?) range balls were all-you-can-eat and in very good condition.

The entire staff was friendly and the starter was the most friendly of them all (even the cart girl , who was incredibly patient when I asked her to wait while I finished my 4 putt from 20 feet)

The course itself was challenging and multiple holes had lateral hazards that took driver out of my hand.
Most approach shots require negotiating multiple bunkers and putting was a crap shoot unleas you are really good at reading subtle breaks.

My fousome (3 carts) finished in 4.5 hours and we didnt feel any push from groups behind us.

I will be back.
* once thibg that did irk me had nothing to do with the course. I used Google maps to navigate me to the course. It tries to have me use a secure resident's only entrance to the community. I had to drive around a bit before I found the correct entrance to the Golf Course.

Commented on 11/05/2019

Hi vulgrBrian. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Siena Golf Course.

4.3207285714

Valid dates: Mar 02, 2020 - May 24, 2020
Experience extraordinary play on five fully renovated championship courses boasting pristine conditions. This spring, villa accommodations start at just $241/person/night—or you can upgrade to The Sanctuary from $453/person/night (midweek).