Style Desert

The Duke at Rancho El Dorado is a championship, 18-hole golf facility designed by David Druzinsky. This desert links style course offer generous fairways and a scenic view of the natural desert sage and brush surrounding. The difficulty lies in the slope of putting green so golfers beware.

The Duke at Rancho El Dorado is a par-72 golf course that measures 7,011 yards from the back tees.

After a round on the Duke at Rancho El Dorado, head to Silver Spur Grill for breakfast, lunch or dinner on the patio, which offers vistas of the Estrella Mountains as well as that 18th hole you just wrapped up on.

The Duke Golf Course at Rancho El Dorado

Year Built 2002
Greens TiffEagle Grass
Architect David B. Druzisky (2002)

Dress code Collared shirt, no cutoffs, denim ok.

The course is well managed

All of the staff are very friendly, helpful and doing a great job. The fairways and greens are in great condition, The rough is being cleaned up and looking a lot better. The sand traps are in need of more sand and grooming.

Good as advertised!

It was our first time golfing at The Duke. I read a lot of reviews before I go somewhere new, and it was as good as most of the reviews stated. Conditions were in good shape from tee to green. The layout is good for all skill levels.

One of my favourites

In spite of the cold wind , we enjoyed the course . Friendly fairways , the greens are a favourable design — interesting rolls and challenging turns and slopes . . I like these Green’s . This has become right at the top of my favourite courses in the valley . Looking forward to playing again in better weather conditions .

Staff are very friendly, pace of play was amazing, never waited at any hole. Course was in good condition, facilities were a little tired, needs some TLC in areas. We golfed with a Hot Deal so happy with our round and price

Good conditions all around

The Duke staff is great, from arrival to departure. Practice areas are in great shape - probably best variety for all shot practice. Course in great shape, very consistent. Speed of play was as expected for a Saturday.

Sunday afternoon

All was good except when we finished at 4:20 the bar was closed and we couldn’t relax and have a beer.

No marshall

I got a nice price because it was late in the day that. I knew I wouldn't get in 18 but has there been a Marshall i might have gotten more than 9 holes . I enjoy the course but pace of play should be quicker than 9 holes in 2.5 hours .

Good condition

Course is in very good condition. Teed off at 12:20 and finished 18 at 4:10. Very friendly staff. Thank you.

dont play if going to rain

paid to play for a foursome got in 4 holes and it started to lightening so we were waiting in restrooms when a staff member came and told us course was closed and we had to get off. got to clubhouse and they gave me a raincheck for 9 holes and only had a month to use and had to be after 10 am. Would never go back to play if thought might rain. My son works at a course and said that we would have gotten all our money back or given a full raincheck to be used anytime. For that reason I wouldn't recommend this course I am even a gold card member of theirs.

Nice course..played with my wife..sister and brother in law..layout is friendly for novice players..so worked out well..

The Duke

Course was in good shape. Not able to drive on fairway yet but looks like soon.

Cart Path Only

The course was in great shape, best I’ve ever seen; however, when we booked with Golf Now, we were not told it was cart path only. I did not see it stated on their website either. Had we known we would not have played, even if it was free. It was a hot day and we are both in our late,70s and it got to be too much to walk in the hot sun. We had to quit before the round was,over.

Play Elsewhere

I’ve played here a handful of times due to how close it is to where I live. Do yourself a favor and play one of the other dozens of better maintained, better staffed courses in the area

Overall great experience.

Fantastic value corse. Very well maintained. The scenery is awesome and the course layout is great. Plays a bit short so I’d recommend playing the black tees for an average golfer. Nice and open relatively forgiving while still offering a nice challenge. Greens were super slow today which is to be expected this time of year. Definitely worth the drive from North Scottsdale.

course conditions & pace of play

The course was in great condition and we played our round in 3 1/2 hours

Commented on 09/16/2019

Hi, Doug! Thanks for the great rating and review! We appreciate your kind words and feedback! We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Duke at Rancho El Dorado soon for another 5-star experience!

Best Summer Conditions in Years

I have purchased a Gold Card here in several recent years. It is a bit of a hike down the often busy 347 and it often competes with decent rates and times just around the corner at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes. The Duke also has a i bit of a geographical handicap, sitting in a flood zone that has closed all or at least half of the 18 holes in several recent summers. But this past Saturday it was, as the recent GolfNow reviews advised, in spectacular shape. It can get a little buggy in Maricopa in the Monsoon season but we saw just a few 'skeeters and some fire ants on the driving range. Fairways and tee-boxes had lots of grass and the greens were as good as I can remember them being even in high season. Apparently the Club President had just been by and ordered up a verti-cutting so they should be even better this week.The pace of play was a bit off as no one likes to sit and wait in the swelter of August in the Valley but we got 'er around in four hours. The amenities in the packed clubhouse were solid as usual. Love the Duke at Rancho El Dorado--we'll see you again real soon.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hi, Neill! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at The Duke at Rancho El Dorado!

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Oct 24, 2020
Sunriver Resort's Unlimited Stay & Play Golf Package includes unlimited play on Meadows, Woodlands or Caldera Links along with one round at the famed Crosswater Club per day during your stay. Better yet—your lodging is included! Two person, two night minimum stay required.