Type Public/Resort
Style Desert/Traditional

Legacy Golf Club sits on 28 acres of Dwight B. Heard's turn-of-the-20th-century ranch, home to 1902 silos that decorate the 18th fairway - once the tallest manmade things in Maricopa County. More history is on the first tee, in the Sierra Vista House which counts among its early-1900s visitors Theodore Roosevelt and Pancho Villa.

Gary Panks designed the golf course at the Legacy Golf Club, giving it lush fairways, strategic hazards and manicured greens to test all golfers. Native flora grows from the landscape, and the club's elevation offers a vista of Camelback Mountain, Squaw Peak and the skyline of Phoenix.

The Legacy Golf Club

Year Built 1999
Greens TiffEagle Grass
Golf Season Year round, closed 10/15-11/1
Architect Gary Panks (1999)

Pull-carts No

Dress code Collared Shirt required

Entertaining Clients 68

Great staff— nice course, wicked bunkers !!!
Really , not good sand in them , very deep.
Really enjoyed my round , except for the heat...
Thx, Michael.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Terrific! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Legacy Golf Club!

Slowly I say to you..

Destination course lots of kids and wives or girlfriends..weddings!! Get an early tee time and have a Bloody Mary!!!

Commented on 10/07/2019

Excellent! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Legacy Golf Club.

Rolling hills

The course was in excellent shape.. soft rolling hills and well protected greens provided several challenges. 5 stars

Commented on 10/03/2019

Wonderful! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Legacy Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

West in the fall golf

Great course in great condition. Thomas in Pro Shop was excellent even gave us a course pocket guide.

Commented on 10/04/2019

Fantastic! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Legacy Golf Club!

Commented on 10/03/2019

Outstanding! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Legacy Golf Club!

Excellent experience!

We were in town for a conference and can't reccomend this course enough. Great rental clubs, 6 balls in a nice velvet bag! Staff was super friendly and course was immaculate! Went to another course 2 days later and regretted it completely! Wished I had gone back. The Legacy is Top Notch!

Commented on 09/30/2019

Fantastic! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Legacy Golf Club.

Commented on 09/25/2019

Wonderful! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Legacy Golf Club!

Shotgun tee time at Legacy

A scheduled scramble tournament teed off at the same time(7:35a) as our tee time, so we had a 5 hour round of golf following the tournament. Had we know about the tournament we would not have played Legacy on that date. I thinks the course and Golfnow should have advisef us of the planned tournament. We are not pleased with both.

Commented on 09/23/2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Greens we’re lightening fast which made it more difficult but not impossible. Pin placement was challenging but there was a tournament happening, so I understand getting the challenge out there. Well kept course and super friendly and organized staff. Lots happening that day and the pace of play was great. We only waited a few short times. Our Foursome included all out of Towners (business trip) so we were lucky to find this course and get it booked. It was a great day of golf!

Commented on 09/23/2019

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Legacy Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great course at a reasonable pricw

Eight of us are golfing a different course each day this week. Of the four courses we played so far this would rank the highest.

Commented on 09/19/2019

Great! Thank you for visiting us at The Legacy Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 09/17/2019

Great course for the money

I play this course a few times a year. It’s got a good test of holes. For the money it’s well worth it. Typical summer conditions with a few dry spots here and there. But i was never in them. Greens are a solid 4 out of 5. Only not 5 out of 5 cause they are not Tour Quality so I rarely give 5 star quality unless i feel they could host a tour event. But check it out for yourself. I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Commented on 09/16/2019

Great! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Legacy Golf Club.

loved the course layout

The holes are fun to play and challenging. It plays completely different from the senior tees and the men's tees, and I've played them both. Long par 4's from the black tees and hard to reach in regulation. Greens are sloped and fast and hard to read. It is the longest 6300+ yards I've played. 5 to 10 stroke difference between the black and white tees, and that's why it's fun to play.. And it is beautiful and scenic to view..

Commented on 09/16/2019

Terrific! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Legacy Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Wonderful facility/resort experience.

Well I've been fortunate to have played There Plenty & I truly enjoy it EveryTime. Frank out front was attentive, quickly took care of My bag, setting Me up on a cart right away. On the course the conditions are very nice w/only a couple of bunkers way stiff/crusty and the fairways being Good. Greens rolled fine and seemed consistent in speed, overall just another Wonderful outing Folks -B Well.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Awesome! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Legacy Golf Club.

Amazing

Let me start by saying I wanted to play this course because 1. It’s right down the street from me and 2. I have a tournament coming up for work and haven’t played in months. From bag drop to cart drop I had a wonderful experience at this course. Beautiful views, beautiful fairways and greens (for the weather) . Worth every penny and will be back next week to play it again. Legacy is truly a hidden gem and the staff and amenities back that up no questions asked. Pace of pay did slow down last 3 holes but hey i was a single and finished in about 3.5 hours so no real complaints here.

Commented on 09/13/2019

WONDERFUL COURSE

Truly a great experience. Played for the first time today and cannot believe I have been missing out so long. I could not believe how good the course looked, especially during the hot, dry Phoenix summer. The fairways were pure and the greens were rolling true. Very rare to see a course in such great shape this time of year. Even more remarkable though was the price! I have never played a course that offered better value. Those conditions, that layout, for that price? Unreal. I cannot recommend highly enough.

Commented on 09/09/2019

Beautiful shape

Tee Box to Green the course was in excellent shape well maintained fast greens

Commented on 09/09/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at The Legacy Golf Club!

Commented on 09/04/2019

Beautiful condition

Great greens, lush fairways. Rate higher than Raven, which l played last week. A $19 gem. You gotta play this one.

Commented on 09/05/2019

Wonderful! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Legacy Golf Club.

Laveen, Arizona

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.