Type Public/Resort
Style Desert/Traditional
Legacy Golf Club sits on 28 acres of Dwight B. Heard's turn-of-the-20th-century ranch, home to 1902 silos that decorate the 18th fairway - once the tallest manmade things in Maricopa County. More history is on the first tee, in the Sierra Vista House which counts among its early-1900s visitors Theodore Roosevelt and Pancho Villa. Gary Panks designed the golf course at the Legacy Golf Club, giving it lush fairways, strategic hazards and manicured greens to test all golfers. Native flora grows from the landscape, and the club's elevation offers a vista of Camelback Mountain, Squaw Peak and the skyline of Phoenix.
Purple (W) 71 5471 yards 70.4 117
Scorecard for Legacy
Copper M: 72.0/127 399 441 376 216 368 571 150 585 442 3548 405 178 459 441 580 185 389 203 558 3398 6946
Black M: 69.5/121 379 427 352 167 349 548 136 528 418 3304 384 159 431 392 533 133 363 189 490 3074 6378
White M: 67.1/116 364 410 332 145 329 517 112 502 395 3106 358 137 391 370 493 120 337 177 469 2852 5958
Purple W: 70.6/117 321 387 312 119 308 490 83 471 369 2860 331 116 336 345 462 108 300 157 456 2611 5471

Year Built 1999
Greens TiffEagle Grass
Golf Season Year round, closed 10/15-11/1
Architect Gary Panks (1999)

Pull-carts No

Dress code Collared Shirt required

Entertaining Clients 67

Great shape

Everything was in great shape. The greens were very slick and didn’t break as much as I am used to. We had a 1:40 tee time and didn’t get all 18 in. We waited on every hole. Other than the slow pace of play, it was everything a golfer could want.

The Legacy Golf Club

Really good course, challenging from black tees (about 6340 yards) even for a 3hdcp. Very good shape for this time of year with exceptionally bad weather. Pace of play: under 4 hours. Other courses in the area have better scenic views, but I like playing this course as my first round when visiting here; great warm up round before playing Troon, TPC Stadium. Also, excellent practice facility, PGA Academy. Highly recommend playing Legacy Golf Club

Commented On 2019-01-16T14:42:01.000+00:00

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout and that you were able to play at a good pace. We're also pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed our practice facility. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Legacy rating

This was the first time I played this course and was truly impressed. I had always heard good things about the course but it was always out of my price range until we found the Golf Now rate we got today at $40 per person..

Commented On 2019-01-15T20:03:44.000+00:00

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your first time playing with us. We're glad that you got a great rate and we can't wait to have you back again soon at The Legacy!

Commented On 2019-01-15T20:01:54.000+00:00

Great! Come back soon!

First time at Legacy

My hubby & I really enjoyed the course. Tee to green wars great. Very deep bunkers. The rough is not over seeded so it was brown but still playable. Fairly long from forward tees. Overall good. We will return!

Commented On 2019-01-15T20:01:41.000+00:00

Awesome! We're pleased that you and your husband enjoyed your round with us. We appreciate your review and we hope to have you back again soon!

Commented On 2019-01-15T19:57:14.000+00:00

Terrific! Come back soon!

good day at the legacy

after a little confusion with the carts at check in, it turned out to be a good day. For some reason there was a shortage of golf carts, but saw plenty empty ones sitting around and over at the practice facility and range. The course is in great shape, some water in the traps but greens were perfect rolled true a little slower than usual but good shape

Commented On 2019-01-15T19:56:35.000+00:00

Great! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed our greens. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Minnesota Nice

Being a resort hard to tell the people to speed up and if you want to play 18 holes don't start after 1:00pm. to slow.

Bunkers are hard like hard ground and they had rain so some were muddy.

Commented On 2019-01-15T19:45:54.000+00:00

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course but we apologize that the pace was a little slow. We appreciate your review and we hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

Walking allowed for first group out?

Surprised to see 2 elderly (60+) groups to out first and walk! They played in 4:05 but come on? I’ve never seen a course allow people to walk on the first tee time. The word is they do it every day. So don’t ever plan on buying an expensive early tee time and it be quick!

Commented On 2019-01-15T19:49:02.000+00:00

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you weren't able to play at quick as you wanted. Most of our golfers consider 4 hours pretty standard, but we understand some people play quicker than that. We appreciate your review and we hope you'll give us another try in the future!

Fair course

Good to great course conditions. Greens true, interesting runs but fair

Commented On 2019-01-10T15:42:08.000+00:00

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round!

Legacy Golf is a Must Play

Played for about $50 on a Golf Now hot deal. What a bargain. One of the better courses in the area. Play it, you won’t be disappointed.

Commented On 2019-01-15T19:42:59.000+00:00

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that you got a great deal. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon at The Legacy!

Lonesome

I always talk up this golf course for it's fun layout and great conditions relative to the green fees. Until now, I haven't really felt the need to complain about anything except the bunkers, which just aren't maintained to the standard of the rest of the course. Today, for the second time in a row, I purchased a single tee time, the last of 4 available, late morning on a weekend day. When I got to the 1st tee, I was informed that I would be going out as a single. What a disappointment that is. It is lonely and you either spend most of the day waiting or rushing to play through. What happened to the other people that had booked the other 3 tee times? Really bummed me out the whole round.

Commented On 2019-01-09T15:38:42.000+00:00

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and or layout, but we apologize that you didn't enjoy playing as a single. Playing with other golfers is definitely more fun than playing alone, so we're sorry that you weren't able to have that. We appreciate your review and we hope to have you back again soon for your next round!

Nice course, Good value, Great staff

Legacy is a really nice course with very friendlly and helpful staff. They do need to do some work on the bunkers.

Commented On 2019-01-09T15:01:32.000+00:00

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your feedback on our bunkers and we hope to have you back again soon!

Great Course and Facility -- Hightly Recommended

We had a tee time around noon, and were affected a bit by the frost delay, but no worries. Had great grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch, then hit the range. We were paired with a lovely couple form the UK and had a great time. Course was in great shape. Then we arranged for a semi-private lesson the next morning with Kelly Olohan, who was wonderful. He spent most of the time with my son, who was struggling with ball-striking, and then a few minutes with me. Two days later I shot my best round in years, thanks to Kelly. I highly recommend this place.

Commented On 2019-01-09T14:55:07.000+00:00

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us despite the slight frost delay. We're also glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed your lesson with Kelly. We love hearing that you've improved after just one lesson as well. We appreciate your review and we can't wait to have you back again soon at The Legacy!

Nice Track

In spite of a one hour frost delay and a cool morning this was a good good day.

The course was in great shape. Previous days divots were all sanded and the fairways were in great shape. Hit a sand trap on hole one that was a little Hays (due to frost). Was in two other traps later and sand was good.

The greens ran well after half an hour, again the frost. They ran true and at about a 9 on stimp.

I’m a 13.4 handicap sixtey five yo and play 3 times a week.

This is s nice lay out. Go play it!!!

Commented On 2019-01-04T19:33:01.000+00:00

Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us despite the frost delay. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at The Legacy!

Put Legacy on your list

50 min frost delay, staff was great. Nice course, good shape, greens were nice rolled true, seems to be a lot of golfers in Phoenix area can't fix ball marks, have seen that at several courses. That would be my only complaint, but not courses fault. I will always try to play this course when in town. Put this course on your list travelers and look for deal I paid 33 and would play it every day for that price.

3 handicap, played whites would probably play blues next time

Commented On 2019-01-04T19:10:48.000+00:00

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course despite the frost delay and that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your review and we hope to have you back again soon for your next round!

The only thing that does not give it 5 stars is the Greens. Lots of marks and hard to keep the butt on line. Greens need some help

Commented On 2019-01-04T19:13:40.000+00:00

Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed your round with us but we apologize that our greens didn't meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to have you back again soon!

Laveen, Arizona

Valid dates: Mar 01, 2019 - Apr 21, 2019
Get a head start on Spring and experience true southern hospitality with championship golf and charming villas in beautiful South Carolina Lowcountry with the Spring Getaway.