The Legacy Golf Club

Year built: 1999
Architect(s): Gary Panks (1999)
Type: Public/Resort

Pull-carts: No
Caddies: No
GPS: No

Dress code: Collared Shirt required

Legacy Golf Club sits on 28 acres of Dwight B. Heard's turn-of-the-20th-century ranch, home to 1902 silos that decorate the 18th fairway - once the tallest manmade things in Maricopa County. More history is on the first tee, in the Sierra Vista House which counts among its early-1900s visitors Theodore Roosevelt and Pancho Villa.

Gary Panks designed the golf course at the Legacy Golf Club, giving it lush fairways, strategic hazards and manicured greens to test all golfers. Native flora grows from the landscape, and the club's elevation offers a vista of Camelback Mountain, Squaw Peak and the skyline of Phoenix.

Location is convenient to the city near the airport at a resort   Great for advanced golfers locals entertaining clients   Challenges include bunkers undulating greens elevation changes   Great for drinks patio dining brunch

"Wonderful course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/15/2018

Ii have been playing Legacy for 20 years. It was in better condition when the LPGA played there. Still a great course. Play is relatively slow because the the deep bunkers. Our round was 4hrs, and 30 min.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/11/2018

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 02/13/2018:

Awesome! We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed your round with us. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Winter Wonderland"

awall19861's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2018

The course was in excellent condition from tee to green and the food in the clubhouse was very good. Everyone was helpful and friendly. If you are coming from out of town, like myself, I would highly recommend this course based on my experience. It's close proximity to the airport makes it ideal and I will play it again on my next visit to the Phoenix area. I am not a bot either!!! Lol

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 02/13/2018:

Terrific! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations. We're also glad that you enjoyed our clubhouse and our menu. We look forward to having you back the next time you are in the Phoenix area!

"Great golf course."

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/07/2018

We love the Legacy. In great condition. We played 18 holes earlier in the week and green fees very reasonable. This last round was the breakfast and back nine holes including a cart. Again great value. If you do not play this course when in Phoenix you are missing out.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 02/09/2018:

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you loved our course and that our conditions met your expectations. We're glad that you found us to be a great value and we appreciate your review. We can't wait to have you back again soon at The Legacy!

"Enjoyable afternoon, but slow"

divedown9's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/06/2018

friendly, accommodating staff; especially the starter. disappointed we never saw a ranger as group(s) ahead were slow; and wouldn't even let a single through. well-maintained, well(?)-bunkered venue. many bunkers had little sand with lips above head high. greens very contoured and difficult to read, but that's just an observation. enjoyed reading the thumbnail history of the site written on the scorecard. round came with range balls. would definitely recommend.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 02/08/2018:

Awesome! We're glad that our staff left a great impression on you, but we apologize that the pace of play was slow. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round.

Commented on 02/11/2018

You should not expect to be let through as a single as it creates a domino effect each group behind you has to wait on the group that let you through and the next one behind them and so on down the line. Come out with a foursome.

"Great layout"

Midsota12's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/05/2018

The Legacy never fails to please! We have golfed there at all times of the year and have always found it to be in excellent condition. The layout is challenging but fair with different “looks” on every hole. A very pleasant place to spend an afternoon.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 02/08/2018:

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us at The Legacy. We're glad that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed the challenge our layout presented. We can't wait to have you back again soon at The Legacy!

"Course was great for the value!"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/05/2018

Staff was very accommodating as we were running late for our tee time, once we got there they were able to get us straigh out. We played 2 other courses in the Phoenix area while down there, while this is not the most scenic course it was a very well maintained and designed course with great greens! Lived every minute of it!

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 02/08/2018:

Great! We're glad that our staff left a great impression on you and that you enjoyed our course conditions. We're also pleased that you enjoyed the layout of our course. We look forward to having you back again soon!

"Great Course but....."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/05/2018

Tee to green a very nice course. Greens were awesome and held well and were almost unreadable due to their toughness. Numerous green-side bunkers were well placed and most were very deep and here is the rub. No sand to speak of so the lie was nearly always a hard-panned situation with limited ability to get up and down in a short pin situation or close to the edge where you had a 4-5 foot face. Took the fun out of the round because as soon as you hit one pin high but off line into a trap you could almost guarantee a double bogey due to the toughness of the greens on long putts after a bad trap shot. .Bummer as rest of the experience was well received. Also the staff was great as the credit card machine broke just as I was ready to go out to the tee so they let me go ahead as I promised to pay at the turn or at the end and then like a dummy I forgot. Going to club tomorrow to make my payment and amends.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 02/08/2018:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed our course conditions and that our staff left a great impression on you. We thank you for your honesty and for coming back to make your payment. We hope to have you back again soon!

bobblehead1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/03/2018

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 02/08/2018:

Great! Glad you enjoyed your time with us!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/01/2018

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 02/08/2018:

Terrific! Come back soon!

"Great Course but need to speed up play!"

ozzyid's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/29/2018

Love this course and the staff always great!! Greens were smooth and fast and fairways in great shape! Course condition was excellent!! Downside was took just short of 5 hours to play. Group in front of us hole and a half behind and one of those holes was par 5. Never saw a Marshall the whole round!!

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 01/31/2018:

Great! We're glad that our staff left a great impression on you and that our course conditions met your expectations. We apologize that the pace of play was slow. Our staff does their best to make sure they keep everyone moving at a good pace. We appreciate your feedback and we will make sure to use your review to help us improve moving forward. We hope to have you back again soon!

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 01/31/2018:

"Enjoyable"

Stuart00's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/25/2018

Wonderful course in great condition , firm fast greens , well maintained fairways and bunkers. Fairway rough and fringe of greens in great condition also. Challenging but very fair setup. Definitely will play again

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 01/30/2018:

Outstanding! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed the challenge that our course presented. We can't wait to have you back again for your next round at The Legacy!

"Wow!"

vtscooter46's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/24/2018

Just simply a wonderful course with every amenity you could want don't miss out on playing this course if you have the opportunity grab it as quick as you can.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 01/30/2018:

Wonderful! We're glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. We're pleased that our amenities met your expectations and we hope to have you back again soon!

"Great course"

tnlfeutz's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/23/2018

Course is in excellent shape, except for the bunkers, where the sand is very coarse and unraked by staff.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 01/30/2018:

Excellent! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and we appreciate your feedback on our bunkers. We appreciate your review and we hope to have you back again soon at The Legacy!

"Superb!"

vtscooter46's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/22/2018

From vermont in pheonix for vacation, this course is amazing so amazing playing couple more times before I leave was going to playing some others but all you need is this course it is superb.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 01/24/2018:

Wonderful! We're thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us at The Legacy. We're glad that you liked our course so much that you wanted to play it a few more times before you left. We can't wait to have you back the next time you are in town!

"Chilly morning!"

Thomas8606153's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/22/2018

Our foursome had a bit of a frost delay. Ice on my wedge up near the 1st green! We had a good time, played in about 4.5 hours even though we allowed a couple of two-somes and a three-some to play through. Greens were tricky fast, especially on the slopes. There’s probably some grain effecting putts under the very nice overseed. Made some nice putts but also a few 3 putts. Solid staff attention and helpfulness. Considering the time of year, the price of the the on-line tee time was reasonable. I agree with other posters that people need to step up the course etiquette (play along deliberately, rake bunkers and fix divots and ball marks). I know the groups we let play through appreciated it and I guess it may have added 20 minutes to our round. The greens were playing a hard on approach shots and I hope that is intentional to a) favor a good shot and b) keep ball marks under control. Lunch was not memorable yet all in all a Good day at The Legacy.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 01/24/2018:

Awesome! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us despite the frost delay. We're also pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're thrilled that you had a good day with us and we look forward to having you back again soon!

"A must visit-Great shape! Fast greens,"

47elgin's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/21/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather

The course was great. It was fair to a short hitter that can't carry frontage bunkers. Fairways and greens are top notch. Greenside bunkers need more sand though.

A shame the employees need to get out there and fill divots left by lazy a-holes on fairways more often. I will be back more punishment!

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 01/24/2018:

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us and that our course conditions met your expectations. We appreciate your feedback on our greens and we look forward to having you back again soon!

"Best bang for your buck"

cafferty09's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/20/2018

Course is gorgeously maintained. Greens rolled purer than a bride in a white dress! Fairways were nicer than most greens. All in all I still suck at golf! But I sucked at an excellent course! I will play here every chance I get.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 01/22/2018:

Wonderful! We're thrilled that course conditions met your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you back again at The Legacy!

"Very good everything"

onintwodk's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/18/2018

Excellent high end golf experience....well worth the $75....turf conditions were great, greens were excellent, beautiful grounds and practice areas. Everything was top shelf!!!

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 01/22/2018:

Excellent! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us and that our course conditions met your expectations. We can't wait to have you back again soon!

"Top Shelf"

onintwodk's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/18/2018

Great and I mean great track. Wall to wall overseeding makes the round so much more fun. Greens were excellent. Grounds are beautiful. If you are a “golfer” and don’t love this place I’d wanna talk to you.

Response from The Legacy Golf Club on 01/22/2018:

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed your round with us as well as our course conditions. We look forward to having you back again soon at The Legacy!