Algonkian Regional Park Golf Course
Middle 72 6592 yards 71.2 121
Front 72 5584 yards 66.3 110
Ladies 72 5487 yards 71.1 114
Scorecard for Algonkian Regional Park Golf Course
Back M: 72.7/125 344 506 447 407 207 526 410 184 442 3473 388 404 172 513 410 424 224 391 510 3436 6909
Middle M: 71.2/121 332 478 415 389 199 504 394 178 410 3299 376 380 160 495 392 406 217 375 492 3293 6592
Front M: 66.3/110 324 424 315 338 193 433 322 173 319 2841 368 308 152 422 304 347 138 304 400 2743 5584
Ladies W: 71.1/114 316 419 311 333 187 428 318 168 315 2795 360 306 144 418 299 340 133 299 395 2694 5489

Year Built 1962
Architect Ed Ault (1962)

Plays Long 9

I have played this course many times and I am never disappointed!! The course is always in great condition and the staff are always professional and very helpful. When I think I am getting good at this game I play here from the tips to humble myself a bit because at almost 7000 yards, it can be very challenging. Overall the course is very playable for all levels of golfers.

Commented On 06/14/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We value your opinion and are always striving to improve the course for our customers. Please let us know if we can do anything to improve the guest experience and we hope to see you back again soon.

Surprisingly good round!

I hadn't played Algonkian in many years due to being disappointed in soggy, almost unplayable conditions. A marshal at South Riding said it had been much improved, fairways replanted a few years ago, etc and I should give it a try. I was very pleasantly surprised at the conditions, much, much better than I'd expected! Everything about the round was good including the pace of play. I would definitely play here more often. My only complaint is that the greens were running a little slow, seemed like they had been cut but not rolled.

Commented On 06/06/2019

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback. We value your opinion and have made many course improvements to improve our customer experience. Hope to see you again soon.

Very Good!

Pace of play was a little slow but it was Memorial Day so what can you do. Otherwise, fairways were great, tee boxes too. Greens were in good shape. Definitely a challenge on the many tree-lined holes. well worth playing.

Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are always making improvements to the course and strive to provide great experiences for our customers. If you have any comments or concerns in the future please feel free to call the manager direct at 703-450-4655 ext 105.

It was a great time at Algonkian this weekend. Staff are always friendly and the greens were in great shape. This is my 3rd time playing here and I will definitely be back.

Commented On 05/27/2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We strive to provide great experiences for our guests and hope to see you again soon.

This course has a great layout and is a great value

Recently played this course and was very pleased with everything from the customer service to the course conditions and pace of play. The greens have healed from aeration and are smooth. The treelined fairways are a nice change from the wide open courses around this area, and the rough makes it a premium to play from the fairway. There are absolutely no houses or distractions on this course, and it is a great place to play, no matter what your skill level.

Commented On 05/27/2019

Thank you for providing feedback. We value your opinion and are always striving to provide great experiences for our guests. Hopefully we will see you again soon!

Algonkian

It’s in the best shape I’ve seen in 2 years. Greens are slow, but fairways are tip top.

Commented On 05/25/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We value your opinion and are constantly striving to improve the course for our customers. We hope to see you back again soon!

Cut your grass Regional Park Authority

Its upsetting because for the price, Algonkian can have some nice conditions, especially with the greens. However time and time again outside of the fairway the grass does not get cut. This seems to be the issue at all the regional park courses. They need to do a better job managing this. If your lawnmower gets clogged because you mow over a swamped area, then stop mowing over the swamped area but you need to mow a few feet out from the fairway because this is just ridiculous. This whole lawnmower getting clogged is a cop out. I believe volunteers cut the grass, and if you volunteer you get to play golf for free. If you can't cut the grass because you say it will be bad for the lawnmower, guess what you get to do instead. FOUR!!! If your not in the fairway you'll spend a long time looking for your ball, not a fun way to play a public course.

Commented On 05/20/2019

My name is Ryan and I am the new golf course manager here at Algonkian. I'm sorry that your experience was not what you hoped for and I would be happy to speak with you about it if you would like. We value your business and hope you would give us another try in the future. I can be reached at 703-450-4655 ext 105.

Good Course!

We played the morning after a deluge of rain the night before. The fairways were soggy, but the greens were very smooth and true! The ruff was very high, but that was to be expected due to the rain. I plan to back back on a dry day and would recommend to others!

Sunday afternoon

Easy Pace, great shots perfect putts netted me a 79 today. And my friends were with me

Commented On 05/02/2019

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We value your opinion and are glad you enjoyed your round at Algonkian. Please spread the word the course is in excellent shape. Thank you again and have a great day.

Great value for the money

A great course for the money. Interesting layout with some challenging holes. Friendly, new management working hard to make it even better.

Commented On 05/11/2019

Thanks for taking time to leave us feedback. We are working hard to improve the course and glad you had a positive experience.Please tell a friend!

A sad story

Unfortunately they did not not over seed with rye grass in the winter and this spring there was no grass. So they seeded with Bermuda to compensate and it took some time to come in. It finally came in on the fairways and rough and is in the process of taking over the bent grass areas. Burmuda grass is ugly and difficult to get a ball out of the rough unles it is cut to about 11/2 ". They let the rough get long to a 3" length making it almost impossible to find your ball unless you step on it muchless hit it out of the rough. They also let the fairway Bermuda get too deep which lifts the ball up but reduces compression and distance. The course in in a flood plain and is bordered by the Potomac river so it floods easily and when it gets wet it stays wet! You can loose a shoe when it gets wet if you walk this course. The routing is good and the holes interesting. It is the coures conditions and the switching to Bermuda grass that has ruined this course for me. I've played it several times and now will never play the course! Play Brambleton or Herndon Centennial golf courses in the area. They are compatible in price and in better condition. ALGONKIAN HAS BEEN RUINED BY POOR COURSE MANITENANCE BROUGHT UPON BY BUGET REASONS AND PENNY WISE POUND FOOLISH DECISIONS! A sad story.

Commented On 02/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We value your opinion and are always trying to improve our guests experience. I hope you will come back and try us again this season as we anticipate the course to be in excellent shape.

Still wet but playable

The course is still recovering from record rainfall over the last 60 days. That said, No standing water and cart path only on four hole. The course played soft, with little or no roll. The green were quite soft and slooow. Sand traps were freshly raked with no standing water.

Commented On 02/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review of our course. We value your opinion and strive to provide great guest experiences. We hope to see you again this season as we expect the course to be in great shape.

Great course and deal!

Love to play the 'Gonk...always fun, every hole is diff, you use every club...friendly and fun!

Commented On 02/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of our course. We appreciate your feedback and strive to provide great guest experiences. We hope to see you again this golf season!

Back 9 closed

Booked course on Friday, played Sunday. Notified upon arrival that the back 9 was closed due to excessive rain. Didn’t rain on Saturday. Paid for 9, , and then was told cart path only.

Rename course to Algonkian Wetlands.

Commented On 02/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We value your opinion and are always striving to improve our guests experiences. I'm sorry your experience was not a great one and i would hope you would return again this season to give us another try as we expect the course to be in great shape.

Poor course cindition and unfriendly staff

There are many brown and very soggy patches converted with hays right in the middle of fairways, I understand that those are being repaired, this is in June and middle of prime golf season. I am not too concerned if not for the staff attitude, as follows:
I used an golf app, TeeOff, to purchase the an round. when I showed up at the front desk, one staff showed me that he's not happy because the rate is lower than the "lowest rate" they had to offer. I found myself explaining to him that I had nothing to do with this rate and I simply booked with an app... Once I got on the course, I realized why the rate is lower than other courses under the same management (Brambleton). The fairway condition is very poor, I have to relocate balls on half of the holes on the course due to the soggy condition on the patched areas.
The starters, insisted that I started from the back 9, which is fine with me. but then I realized that there are for groups of foursome in from of me. as a single player, I found the pace to be unbelievably slow, and had to skip all the back nice holes and proceed to the front 9, which is a lot faster.
This makes me think why the staff are less than friendly and welcoming...

Commented On 02/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with us. We value your opinion and use this information to try and improve the guest experience. We hope you will give us another try this upcoming golf season as we expect the course to be in great shape and are always improving our customer service..

Good Course for the money

I played this course so many times and will continue to play it. But why for the life of me, Algonkian and Brambleton don't cut their rough grass does not make sense. The only conclusion I can come to is, the volunteer staff or whoever does it, makes sure the fairways are cut, and then say there day is done so they can go play 18, which I get. But, in the meantime, Algonkian's first cut this past Sunday on fathers days was over 7 maybe 8 inches. Not even kidding. Others in the review of the course have said the same thing. Then they wonder why pace of play is slow, you literally could not find your ball unless you were on top of it or the fairway. An inch off the fairway and you may not find your ball. Not kidding. Hopefully they can pay some staff to cut their grass more often then whatever it is now at both Brambleton and here. Pohick does not seem to have this issue. Inside staff was super friendly. On course staff not to bad either. Greens were in good shape! So disappointing rough was not cut, and absolutely ridiculously long. Could have got 5 out of 5.

I've played here before and never had a problem other than pace of play. I'm not sure if it's all the rain we have received lately, but the fairways were very poor. The bunkers were in poor shape.

Commented On 02/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on Golf Advisor. We apologize that your experience with us was not a great one. We value your opinion and use this information to try and improve the guest experience. We hope you will give us another try this upcoming golf season as we expect the course to be in great shape.

First full round of the season

Fairways were inconsistent with tufts of fairway grass and bald areas. Greens were aerated so putts were slow and bouncy.

Commented On 02/23/2019

Make sure to bring a fore caddie

It’s an interesting course as the layout isn’t complex but the rough is so thick you could be searching for your ball for 5+ minutes a hole when it’s a foot off the fairway. It kind of makes the course interesting as you can imagine kind of how a US open is played. You aren’t likely going to par when in the rough. On to the major issues: slow greens and fairway just means they cut the grass really low. Dirt spots and crab grass on fairway. But even those dirt spots were a breath of fresh air compared to the rough. To top it off a sly fox stole a hotdog out of our cart...and came back to our tee box laid down just to taunt us :)

Commented On 02/23/2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with us. We value your opinion and use this information to try and improve the guest experience. We hope you will give us another try this upcoming golf season as we expect the course to be in great shape. Please do not hesitate to reach out to the new golf course manager with any questions or comments. Thank you.

Valid dates: Jun 25, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
TPC San Antonio offers you the chance to play two championship golf courses that have hosted several PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.
Texas Tees Package
Lone Star Stay & Play at TPC San Antonio
TPC Las Vegas Summer Special
Championship Package at TPC Sawgrass
Latest Articles
Metro Detroit's best public courses
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)