Forest Greens Golf Club

Forest Greens Golf Club
Scorecard for Forest Greens Golf Club
Black M: 73.1/139 385 333 401 180 519 193 416 537 430 3394 574 408 340 194 394 375 170 417 542 3414 6808
Blue M: 71.1/135 365 305 385 162 485 171 385 524 413 3195 546 381 316 175 364 348 151 386 515 3182 6377
White M: 69.9/131 W: 76.3/136 348 296 368 145 478 147 376 496 390 3044 527 370 300 159 351 320 135 379 500 3041 6085
Gold M: 67.3/123 W: 72.9/129 313 241 332 120 449 134 341 432 373 2735 487 340 269 131 317 280 120 353 448 2745 5480
Red W: 70.3/123 279 237 288 120 411 130 296 432 320 2513 410 297 241 112 288 276 103 311 406 2444 4957

Year Built 1996
Architect Clyde Johnston (1996) Brad Bartell

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Nice course, slow pace of play

Was a nice course, greens are really well kept. Some crab grass in the fair way and Tee box but overall not too bad.

Pace of play was really poor. Avg. wait was 5-10 min before we tee’d off every darn hole. Perhaps if the starter or the tee times didn’t put us behind 3 foursomes it would’ve been better.

It was my first time playing here, but the course was nice enough I’d be willing to go back to see how the pace of play is the 2nd time.

Nice Course to play again and again!

It's been really several years since I played at this course.

I remember this was one of few nice Golf Course around where I live [this is the furthest distance]

And yes, it still is nicely maintained!

I've been playing other courses and most of them have suffered great loss on greens but, this Course managed to SURVIVED! Yes, there are couple greens had few crabgrasses but compared to other ones, this is like 20 times better!

Just wish this is close to my home then I would play here more often.

Hit'em straight people!

FerrisDad

The course was in great shape! Many of the courses in the area were crushed with the wet spring and heat of summer, but Forest Greens somehow has made the best of it. I've been playing this course for the past 12 years and have never seen the fairways and greens in better shape. The staff is always friendly, and it is great to see Eric there with his big grin greeting you. We were lucky to get a great rate on Golf Now for $39.00. The twosome Bill put us with perfectly matched up with our skills which turned into a very enjoyable afternoon. Definitely a course I am going to visit more as we get into the fall golf season. Get out and golf Forest Greens, it is a good track!

Great course - will be back

The staff was incredibly friendly. The on-site driving range was well kept and reasonably priced. The course forces you to play many different shots and is kept in great shape. I’ll play this course many more times!

good day of golf

Fairways and greens in good shape. Pleasant vibe when checking in. Nice course when its in shape, and it was today .The bunkers on a few holes were bad but some were brand new billy bunkers. so pick the traps your gonna test.

Decent course but...

Their fairways were absolutely atrocious. To the point where I almost wouldve rather played from outside the fairways. They were bare and dry. Felt like you had to pick every shot clean because the ground was so hard.

Greens were in nice shape but a little slow. Bunkers were littered with stones. Probably won’t okay there again anytime soon.

Forrest Greens wasn't very green

I've played this course dozens of times and I've never seen the course in worse shape. The fairways were brown with almost no grass. Did they forget to pay their water bill or their superintendent?

Hitting from the fairways was a "tight lie" almost every time. Absolutely terrible.

If they discounted their fees or let people know in advance, it wouldn't be as bad. But to pay $50 or more to play their, not any time soon.

Commented On 04/25/2018

Thank you for the favorable rating. We would love to hear what you think we can work on to make that rating a 5 in the future. We look forward to your next visit.

Saturday Golf Outing

Perfect except they had aerated the greens and didn't inform us. The greens rolled ok. Would have been greatly disappointed if we had paid full price. Staff was great and a pleasure. Will return because the course is great to play.

Commented On 04/25/2018

Thank you for the feedback on the course and staff. My apologies that you were not informed of the aerification as we do try to make sure this information is shared with our guests. As a practice we try to do our aerifications in late April and late September. If you are coming out around these time frames please contact our golf shop staff directly during normal business hours so they can inform you one way or the other. At times we do have challenges with the national switch board not sharing details like this.

Again my apologies you were not informed prior to your arrival.

We hope to see you again soon.

Beautiful and tough

Course is great but could use a face lift. It's a beautiful course with great layout and lots of elevation changes and dog legs but the greens are hard to read and the sand bunkers are rocky. Other than that, the course is fun and provides plenty of challenges.

Commented On 04/25/2018

Eduardo, thank you for the feedback on our course. Forest Greens has been around for sometime now and the crew work hard to provide the best conditions we can. It is our hope that we can get some large scale work done on the bunkers in the coming seasons. We hope you can come back for a future round when the bermuda is fully in bloom.

Forest Greens Staff

Commented On 08/30/2017

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is always encouraging to see our guests are happy with the experience here at Forest Greens.

Always in the rotation

I've played Forest Greens pretty often over the years. At this time of year, the fairways play firm and fast and you normally get a very good lie in the fairway. The greens were ok but a little bumpy. That's probably more due to people not fixing ball marks rather than the course itself. I wish there were sand buckets at the tees to encourage people to fill their divots. Biggest issue I had was many of the bunkers basically had dirt and rocks in them...no sand. Perhaps they are being worked on. I know you aren't supposed to hit in there but if you do, you may want to institute your own rule and make sure you won't be hitting rocks. Staff was very friendly all around. I'll book here again without hesitation.

Commented On 08/30/2017

Thank you for the feedback on your recent visit with us. We certainly want to provide the best conditions we can. The ball marks and divots are an ongoing battle we will undertake weekly. The bunkers are being looked at for reconstruction in the future, you can note bunkers on #8 have been rebuilt to specs we hope to have in the future.

Commented On 06/20/2017

We appreciate your candor and feedback on the visit with us recently. The bunkers are a work in progress, and we have recently rebuilt the bunkers on Hole #8 with the Better Billy Bunker. We would love to hear what you think about them.

Commented On 06/20/2017

Thank you for the recent feedback on your visit with us. We look forward to you next round to see what you think of our recent improvements. There are some new bunkers to try out on hole #8.

Fun course

Bang for your bucks and pretty good condition except for the bunkers

Commented On 06/20/2017

We appreciate you taking the time to provide some feedback on your visit with us. The course is fully out of dormancy, and is in fantastic shape. The newest update for FGGC is we have new bunkers on hole #8 for you to try out. We recently installed Better Billy bunkers on that hole for future consideration for the rest of the course.

Commented On 06/20/2017

Sounds like you enjoyed your visit to the course. I think you would be more impressed now that the Bermuda is growing hard in the fairways. We also have some new bunkers on our #8 par five hole to test out. Thank you for the comments.

Course is in a terrible condition, hardly any grass on the fairways, weed everywhere including greens, rough is taken over by clover. They did not even bother to blow greens which is covered by tree drops, impossible to putt without brushing off your putting line. Cart paths are mostly destroyed, be careful driving on them especially if you have bladder problem :) So disappointed.

Commented On 06/20/2017

Thank you for the comments on your visit. With the mild winter we have seen some heavy rains, as opposed to snow. These rains have taken much of the thatch cushion from our dormant Bermuda fairways. These will always come back when temps stay above the 60 degree mark. I am sure you would see different conditions if you were to come for a visit now. We hope we can host you again for another round.

Commented On 06/20/2017

Thank you for the feedback regarding the course and staff on your visit to the course. We always appreciate comments on what we do well, and what we can improve upon. We look forward to seeing you soon for another round at Forest Greens.

Course in pretty good shape for early March. Minimum stAffing on course. No drinking water on the course and the snack bar closed! No good support for the golfers.

Commented On 03/23/2017

Thank you for you input regarding you last visit to the course. The course has had a lot of play with a mild winter, and with the turf being dormant it is impossible for it to fully recover until spring temps come. I am sure if you come back for your next round this spring when the bermuda comes out of its winter nap you will not be disappointed. Thank you

Quantico, Virginia