Leopards Chase

Fairways TifSport Bermuda
Greens L-93 Bent Grass
Architect Tim Cate

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Good course very slow greens!

Beautiful layout. Clubhouse was run down but for the money decent course. The greens were super slow!!!

Nice course - greens a bit slow

First time at the course. Had a 7:30am tee time and went off on time, passed a 2-some on number 4 and finished as a single in 2:30 hours. Course is nice, fair amount of water and fairways in pretty good shape. Some of the greens had some damage (disease) but that was spotty so not terrible. But the greens were perhaps the slowest I have seen in years. Maybe the type of grass or the “high” mowing. Also, they could use a good rolling to even them out as they were also a bit bumpy. Staff was nice. Good place to play

The overall shape of the golf course was in poor condition. The greens were very slow and dead in spots, the sand traps were full of water, and we felt rushed with the course being double booked. It was not worth the price to play.

Beautiful but Challenging

Stunning views on this course....especially 18th. Lots of hazards so be prepared with extra balls. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The bent grass greens do not fare well during the summer and were showing some distress. Probably better to play this course in spring and fall.

For the right price it’s worth it.

I have worked at the cat courses, but regrettably never did play Leopards Chase. I was excited to see how it compares to the others as I’ve played them all several times. Let’s get to the basics...cart attendant was super cool, but as does happen with most starters, he had a bit of an attitude. Granted we were late, but I looked at the tee sheets and they were dead so I wish staters would just relax a bit!! During COVID and in this economy every business dollar is precious.
Playing some of the other cat courses I was worried as the conditions of the others are really really bad!! Leopards Chase is better, but still has low standards. Many bald spots in the rough and greens. Many fairways have weeds growing out of them. Green were bent grass, but that’s only good in the winter in the south. So the grass was really long and greens SUPER slow! Layout was really nice, but was shadowed out by sub par course conditions.
Tigers Eye used to be one of the best public courses on the grand strand. I played it and it was really in rough shape! Leopards Chase does measure up to it though...hence the title “for the right price”. Leopards Chase is a $45 course all day long and I wouldn’t pay a dollar more! So for $71 as high as I’ve seen PLEASE save your money!!!! There are many other strand courses that are worth the same or more! If you can get it for $45 then worth the play of you haven’t played it.

We really enjoyed playing this course. Every hole provided challenges (water, sand, or both) without being overly penalizing. Definitely have to think your way around this course. The greens were soft and receptive. It was a great day on the golf course.

Nice Track

Course sets up really nice, have to really think about the shots you want to hit. Greens were very wet and a bit slow. That would be my only complaint but the course overall was in good shape

Very nice layout and somewhat challenging. Any course can be tough if you play the wrong tee's.

Commented on 03/31/2020

Thank your for taking the time to review your recent visit to Leopard's Chase Golf Club. It is indeed a challenging layout if you happen to "bite off more than you can chew" and try to play from the back tees! We wanted you to know Leopard's Chase is now in GREAT condition and the greens are looking awesome right now. We would love to see you out again very soon Chasing Birdies with The Big Cats! Thanks again.

Poor Greens

Condition of greens was poor, several bare spots and bumpy. Course hazards can make this a very challenging course, especially if you are unfamiliar with the placement of the hazards. Tee boxes and fairways in good condition.

Commented on 03/31/2020

We certainly apologize that the greens were not in better condition when you last played Leopard's Chase. The end of a brutally hot summer like we had last year will definitely take a toll on heat sensitive bentgrass greens, but they have bounced back wonderfully and are now in very good condition. In fact, they look pretty awesome right now! We hope you will get a chance to come again sometime and see for yourself. We cannot promise these or any bentgrass greens in our region will be in their best condition if you come in late summer, but in the cooler weather months and all through spring and early summer, they will be spectacular. We hope to see you soon.

Punched greens does not mean punched AND SANDED

My 10 round of my 2018 trip to the Myrtle Beach World Amateur.
Long drive from hotel up to Ocean Ridge Leopards Chase. Get there and am told the greens have been punched. Now, where I am from, that means the greens have been punched and then top dressed with sand. Never, ever assume anything. We paid full rate to play on greens that had been punched but not top dressed. Talk about terribly bumpy. And, many of the greens were full of weeds.
Other than the greens, the rest of the course was in pretty good shape.
I really like Leopards Chase and was hoping it would finally be in good shape. Was disappointed once again.
I am not sure what is going on with the Ocean Ridge complex but they really need to get their act together. My review of Lions Paw follows this...even worse conditions.

Player unfriendly

Course was decent enough, but attitude of management isn't worth coming back

Starter is a jerk, don't need to be talked to like that when 12 of us are starting a round

Cart path only determined in the morning and this guy leaves. Sun was out after 10 am and could easily driven on fairways. We did, and it was fine

Hardly see the beverage cart. No liquor sold from cart

Snack bar/bar closes at 4:30. Yes, 4:30!!!

We didn't spend a nickel because of the way this place is run!!!

Best course of the Big Cats

Played here as a 2some for the first time in am. Course itself was in great shape and layout was challenging.
We were keeping pace all round with the foursome a head of us. Most of the time the foursome behind us was lagging a hole and a half behind. We were stopped 3 times by the extreme A-hole ranger who critized our playing skill, told us to hurry up and talked to us in a degraded manner. It got to the point that both me and my golfing partner said if he comes back around another time with the same attitude, that there was going to be big problems.
White guy with grey goatee.

The Leopard is worth a look

This was definitely the most scenic of the Big Cats courses. It is visually stunning. The tee boxes, fairways, and bunkers were all in really good shape. The greens left much to be desired. They weren't as bad as Tiger's Eye (which we played two days before) but they were still bumpy and slow. That was a huge disappointment to me and my group because the rest of the course was just so dang nice. I never did understand why these courses don't have water coolers on the course at least every four holes, but whatever. I wish I'd taken pictures of this course. It was beautiful!

Leopard's Chase

Very tough course. I like the layout, but you must be on your A Game to score well. Bunkers EVERYWHERE with narrow fairways.

I was disappointed in the conditions. Tee boxes were ok, fairways were poor, greens were good. I played here two years ago, and the conditions were much better then.

Pace of play was awful - took 5 hours for my threesome with a late-morning tee time.

Staff was friendly and nice, amenities are good enough.

This place would be great if it was in good condition.

Test of Golf

Even with yardage books this course was hard to figure out. Very pretty holes, tremendous layout.

Course was in second to none shape, pace of play was outstanding. Bit of an issue at the range because we had 16 guys, and they didn't have enough balls for us, so parts of our group had to wait until cart guy took his dear old time bringing back balls.

Pro shop is nothing to write home about, but all staff members were courteous.

Just be careful, I've been reading that Big Cats Golf is having some big financial issues with Jaguar's Lair, because the homes that are to be built around it are not selling. Which is putting a halt to the development of the new course, and is subsequently hurting the other Big Cats Courses.

Played 15 courses in Myrtle, and except TPC Myrtle Beach, and Blackmoor, this is 3rd on the list.

Over The Top

I expected much more from the picture of the waterfalls surrounding the green. It was in good shape and I got a deal using a coupon and my junior played for free which is a great value and well appreciated. This course was just so punishing that it took all the fun out of playing here. Every hole it seems, has bunkers down both sides of the fairway all the way to the green which is surrounded too. I kept waiting on it to get easier and it never did. The layout is average with the waterfall green being the highlight of the 18 with the rest being so so with bunkers everywhere.

Valid dates: Jul 01, 2020 - Dec 31, 2020