Type Public/Resort
Cowboys Golf Club

Year Built 2001
Architect Jeff Brauer (2001)

Caddies Yes

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover
Dress code Collared shirts, proper length shorts, no cuttofs, denim or gym shorts

Entertaining Clients 17
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 13

Excellent course

Course is excellent and in great condition. Negatives - only saw the drink girl twice and both times it was within 150 yards of the halfway house. Also, somehow we were behind a fivesome on a Friday morning. Never saw a marshall. Pace of play was horrific. Positives - staff was great. Facilities are awesome.

Awesome course w/cool memorabilia

I played college golf years ago so I’ve played some really nice courses in my day. This ranks top 5 as far as layout, and top 3 or so as far as condition! It was in immaculate shape, and the free drinks & food w/the purchase of a round was a nice touch. Plus the on-cart GPS was like having your own caddie. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a challenging course, and a great layout. It’s a must play for anyone who is a cowboys fan!

This course is fun

Course was in great shape, the staff were extremely nice and attentive. Pace of play was slightly over recommended 4 hrs 15 minutes. Be prepared to see and hear planes flying overhead throughout the round.

Incredible golf; incredible deal

Great golf course and great staff. Beautiful layout with a variety of challenging holes. Course suffered from lots of rain and drainage issues. Fee is all inclusive—lunch included, range balls, etc. can’t beat the deal anywhere.

Still #1

A buddy of mine flew in from the Northeast to play 4 days’ (fri (18), sat (36), sun (36), mon (18)) worth of golf. We played Cowboys (x2), Texas Star, Coyote Ridge (x2), and Tierra Verde. I will compare them with a few different reviews, but to short and sweet, they are all ridiculous courses and even in March had great conditions, you can’t go wrong with any.
We played Cowboys all day (36) on Sunday. We got there for breakfast, played 18, had lunch and a few drinks, played 18 more then stayed after for dinner. If you break that down it turns $250 into an actual decent deal and you get a, superior to most, golf course as cowboys is #1 for a reason.
The staff are amazing from the great young ladies working the bar and carts to the pros hop team to the management. The food is top notch and ill give you an example. When my buddy comes down we play all day and the loser after 36 pays for dinner and drinks the rest of the night. The loser picks where to go. Friday (the day before) I won and chose Perry’s steakhouse which was excellent and expensive, so I made losing to me hurt even more. When we were done with cowboys and I was again victorious, I chose to stay at cowboys since I knew their 7oz filet was awesome from previous experience. The meatballs and devilled eggs are some of the best I’ve had in Dallas. The food is really good for any of the meals. Just make sure you take advantage of it or you are missing out.
The course was in great shape from tee to green, no complaints at all. Having played there a few times before I know the greens will be faster in a few weeks but still rolled true and were quick. The driving range is spectacular complete with bunkers at varying distances, that’s right bunkers down the driving range to hit around and practice your target golf shots. The clubhouse is an experience of its own and you will take a few pictures of the memorabilia and trophies.
Jerry does it right and ill be back many times. Plus, during the week, they really show their appreciation to military with $99 greens fees. Being a military man myself I cannot express how appreciated that gesture is. Thanks for the great time and ill be back in about a month when my 4-some convenes to take over Dallas golf for a few days.

Nice layout

Course had a nice layout with numerous elevation changes. However course appears to be over played. Tee boxes were thin with grass and lots of sand on them. Pace of play was painfully slow.

What a Valentine’s gift

My wife took me out. Which was a great gift!!! Amazing Amazing Amazing. If it wasn’t for the bit of gusty wind on front nine it would have been flawless. Food!! Wow!! Service!! Wow!! For the love of Golf!! Play this and experience this course. Thank you

One of the best public courses in DFW

Don't let the parking lot deceive you. The area around the clubhouse sits in the airport warehouse district. However, all 18 holes are tucked away in a forest that is another world (except for the incessant aircraft noise from DFW). I don't think I've ever this word in a golf course review, but the course was "pretty". Lots of mounding, water and forest. Conditions were excellent in January. The fairways are mounded like a "V" (presumably for drainage), which means that sold drives with end up the in the middle of the fairway. However, if you get on the wrong side of the mounds, you'll leave a lot of balls in the forest. I'm not a fan of the "all-inclusive" green fee. It's designed for corporate client golf but it's expensive unless you plan to eat often and a lot. Get the Jalapeno dogs at the turn.

Course conditions and staff

For being in the middle of winner, course was in great shape . Staff was absolutely incredible so nice so friendly

Very well maintained course with professional staffs, perfect for all players

Good course

The course and facilities are top notch, only complaints were the greens had not been cut and the putting was the slowest I have ever had to deal with which made it difficult to make any and they didn’t really have an area for chipping and bunker practice other than that I really enjoyed it. Price is a bit on the high side but lunch is included so eat up!

Wowwww Go Cowboys!!!

All I can say is Wowww!! From the breakfast, The Driving range with fairways and greens , the Course, the on Course Food and drink station, lunch and our waitress. Proshop was nice as well. Bring money for keepsakes.
The only negative and this was my own fault. I mixed a few too many foods. Got sick later in the day. Lol. But again my own fault.

The Food WAS AMAZING!!! I found the $99 deal per person and brought my Father in law from out is state and had a great time. First time and won’t be last be back soon

Nice course!

It's pricey, but it is a beautiful and meticulously maintained course. We got caught behind slow players and had to wait 5-10 minutes every hole.

Outstanding Course

All I can say is the course was in great shape & awesome. A must play in Dallas.

Must play

Got the $89 all inclusive special. Got lunch and chose the wedge salad with steak. Not bad. Rannge is pretty small but the staff helping were excellent. The starter was a nice guy and gave out great information. We also saw him on the course during the round trying to speed up a few foursomes which we appreciated. Front 9 had some great elevation which is rare in Dallas. A few pin placements were questionable due to either you make the putt or your miss goes by at least 10 feet. We saw the cart girl at least 5 times which is excellent when the soft drinks and snacks are free. I believe it is on 7/12 that is a food shed where you can get a great hot dog.

Loved all the dog legs. Some nice long par 4’s and well as some shorter ones. After the round we got the meatballs as an appetizer which were excellent and the chicken and biscuits to dinner.

Normally this course costs over $200. If you can get the discounted all inclusive rate buy it! Great day at a great course.

leematt
Commented On 07/12/2018

Thanks for the tip, where do you find the discounted rates?

leematt
Commented On 07/12/2018

Thanks for the tip, how do you get the discounted rate?

Texas Advisor

World Class Course That’s Ever so Slightly Over-Priced

The course is phenomenal, there’s no denying that. I’ve seen other reviews claim this course is incredibly difficult but aside from a par 5 on the back I didn’t feel like this course was terribly difficult. The big key here is playing the right tee and paying attention to slope and rating.

I got to play this course in a tournament for $140 which is probably what it should cost. I don’t think this is a $200 course but could see 125-150. Your food/drinks (non alcohol) is included so if you get there at 12 and have lunch, hit balls and then dinner the price tag isn’t nearly as severe as it looks. Cowboys isn’t just about golf....this course is about the entire experience. Coming out and sneaking in 18 as fast as you can is not how you should play this course. While I hate slow golf rounds I truly think Cowboys is 100% about the experience and making a day of it. If you golf 20+ rounds a year I think Cowboys needs to be at least one of those rounds you play.

This would be an amazing place to take clients or even a wife/girlfriend as everything here is truly first class.

The course, itself: phenomenal. Great routing, great use of natural features and amazing conditions all-around.

great course for single digit handicaps

1st off the reason i would not recommend this to my friends is they all have high handicaps and would be out of balls by hole 7 or 8. if yku are a single digit handicap you will enjoy this course as it is beautiful and a challenge.

the course itself was magnificent . green everywhere and no brown except under the trees. even the rough was green.
the breakfast menu was good. i didnt care for the dinner menu. service all around was top notch everyone was nice and polite good hot dogs and the on course food shack.

if you are a high handicap i suggest going else where or bring patience as this course will eat you alive.

the views are stunning especially from #4 tee box.

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.