Cowboys Golf Club

• 1600 Fairway Drive, Grapevine, Texas 76051
  • www.cowboysgolfclub.com
Write Review

Year built: 2001
Architect(s): Jeff Brauer (2001)
Type: Public

Caddies: Yes
GPS: Yes

Dress code: Collared shirts, proper length shorts, no cuttofs, denim or gym shorts
Credit cards accepted: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover

Silver 72 6563 yards 72.6 135

Location is near the airport convenient to the city near local attractions   Great for a weekend splurge entertaining clients a bucket list/top 100 pick   Challenges include undulating greens bunkers elevation changes   Great for drinks watching the game dinner

"Hidden Gem"

Nique2579742's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2015
First time playing Played as a single Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Fpund an awesome deal on Golf Now and booked a tee time for early afternoon. As I was only in town for two days and wanted to do tourist stuff, I called the course to see about getting out earlier, they accommodated. Staff was friendly and the food and beverages were first rate. Woulda played more but the heat was a beast. Was expecting a bit more football themed memorabilia on the course and the outside of the clubhouse

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Must play"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/06/2018

Got the $89 all inclusive special. Got lunch and chose the wedge salad with steak. Not bad. Rannge is pretty small but the staff helping were excellent. The starter was a nice guy and gave out great information. We also saw him on the course during the round trying to speed up a few foursomes which we appreciated. Front 9 had some great elevation which is rare in Dallas. A few pin placements were questionable due to either you make the putt or your miss goes by at least 10 feet. We saw the cart girl at least 5 times which is excellent when the soft drinks and snacks are free. I believe it is on 7/12 that is a food shed where you can get a great hot dog.

Loved all the dog legs. Some nice long par 4’s and well as some shorter ones. After the round we got the meatballs as an appetizer which were excellent and the chicken and biscuits to dinner.

Normally this course costs over $200. If you can get the discounted all inclusive rate buy it! Great day at a great course.

Commented on 07/12/2018

Thanks for the tip, where do you find the discounted rates?

Commented on 07/12/2018

Thanks for the tip, how do you get the discounted rate?

"World Class Course That’s Ever so Slightly Over-Priced"

TXGolferTX's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/04/2018

The course is phenomenal, there’s no denying that. I’ve seen other reviews claim this course is incredibly difficult but aside from a par 5 on the back I didn’t feel like this course was terribly difficult. The big key here is playing the right tee and paying attention to slope and rating.

I got to play this course in a tournament for $140 which is probably what it should cost. I don’t think this is a $200 course but could see 125-150. Your food/drinks (non alcohol) is included so if you get there at 12 and have lunch, hit balls and then dinner the price tag isn’t nearly as severe as it looks. Cowboys isn’t just about golf....this course is about the entire experience. Coming out and sneaking in 18 as fast as you can is not how you should play this course. While I hate slow golf rounds I truly think Cowboys is 100% about the experience and making a day of it. If you golf 20+ rounds a year I think Cowboys needs to be at least one of those rounds you play.

This would be an amazing place to take clients or even a wife/girlfriend as everything here is truly first class.

The course, itself: phenomenal. Great routing, great use of natural features and amazing conditions all-around.

"great course for single digit handicaps"

DanielN69's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/13/2018

1st off the reason i would not recommend this to my friends is they all have high handicaps and would be out of balls by hole 7 or 8. if yku are a single digit handicap you will enjoy this course as it is beautiful and a challenge.

the course itself was magnificent . green everywhere and no brown except under the trees. even the rough was green.

the breakfast menu was good. i didnt care for the dinner menu. service all around was top notch everyone was nice and polite good hot dogs and the on course food shack.

if you are a high handicap i suggest going else where or bring patience as this course will eat you alive.

the views are stunning especially from #4 tee box.

"Great Course"

ebrown6933's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/03/2018

Course laid out very well and in excellent condition. Staff are the nicest people i've ever experienced on a golf course. Ki would play it every week if I could afford it.

"Well worth it"

Armygrn's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/22/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

This was my first time at Cowboys and I was very pleased. It was a cold, windy day but the sun was out. Let me start out in the Pro Shop. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. Bar staff were excellent and had a smile to greet you. The food was excellent and you get a breakfast, lunch or dinner with your all inclusive green fees. All food and drink is included out on the course also minus alcohol and tobacco. The hot dogs were tasty and filling. The practice range was well taken care of but the balls are a bit used. To me, this wasn't an issue, its just for practice. The practice greens were in great shape also. Out in the course, the pace of play was un-hurried. I was a single and ran into 3 sets of foursomes on the first few holes, but they all waved me through. The fairways and greens were painted green which made the course look pretty cool in contrast to the dormant Bermuda in the rough. All the fairways and greens were in good condition for the winter and played fairly fast considering it rained the night prior and a stiff 20-30mph wind all day. Many of the bunkers are under repair but was never too much of an issue. Overall, the course was very fun to play with a few really challenging holes and a couple holes where water comes into play. I'm sure this course in the summer is just gorgeous. The groundskeepers are doing a great job. I'd highly recommend this course to anyone. Even better if you can get a discount to play.

"Clown golf pin locations"

Filthy20's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/06/2017
Previously played Used cart Cold weather

I like this course a lot, the amenities are great, the practice area is nice, but some of the greens need to be rebuilt. For example, #2 and #9 greens are ridiculous, the only thing missing is a clown's mouth to putt through. Actually, the "signature" hole #4 - add that too the list for clown golf greens! Haha, it's still fun. +1 for the girls!

"Good fun to play"

smileray's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/19/2017

Challenging course layout, fast greens, good bunker conditions make this a good test for golf. The all inclusive fee - food and drink included - made the entire experience more interesting. Add that this is the only NFL team theamed clubhouse, and this is one worth playing when in Dallas. Conditions the day we played were perfect.

"Great course, staffs, and outing"

u619737543's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/24/2017

My first time at the Cowboys club, but others in the group played there many times.

We had a great time. The food from the menu were great. The staffs were very professional, efficient and friendly.

Nice course layout, and fast greens (this time). Fairways were great. Watch the hills in the fairway, this will give you a false sense of security when landing in the fairway.

We saw the cart like 4 times in our round, 3 if you don't count hole 1. Plus you have drinks/snacks at hole 7 and 11 (same location)

We will definitely come back for another outing.

texasgolfer3's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/03/2017

"Great Play"

tdaley1946's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/10/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

I played this course for the first time on 8/10/2016. The course was everything and more that I had been told or lead to believe. The staff was very courteous and helpful. My only issue was with the food. I played on a deal where food and non-alcoholic drinks are included. The food, was a choice between two different types of sausage cooked on a griddle. The drinks(?), the beverage cart came by once during the round. Apparently they only have one cart for the entire course.

I will definitely play this course again, but I plan on eating before I go.

Commented on 05/22/2017

Food available means you can eat in the restaurant before AND after your round, plus the food on the golf course. Do that next time.

"A must play for any golfer"

Cowboy14's avatar
Oklahoma Advisor

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 9 holes Excellent weather

My wife and I played this at 2pm on a Friday during trip to Dallas. I'm a huge cowboy fan and a native Texan. But even if you are none of those things and are a serious golfer, you have to splurge and play this course. Shot makers course for sure. Driver not required on every hole. Clubhouse is unique and halfway house is really cool. Not everything was great. Pace of play was horribly slow. Could have been that day? Employees seemed like they were all ready to go home. In fact the pro shop shut down at 6:40pm. $200 each was pretty steep but I'm glad I played it.

"Great day!"

Clay7344214's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2016

Definitely a course to check off your "to-do" list.

"Staff is great"

Chevelle671's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

The course is always is great condition. Food and staff are great. Course is valued at $ 189.00 per round but GolfNow got me in at a rate of 50 bucks making it an awesome value.

"Great course!"

ashleyloans's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2016

Got a hot deal or I would have probably never played here. Glad I did! Great course layout and staff was very friendly. Will definitely be coming back here!

"Overall Good Experience"

dgolfman62281's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/20/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

The golf course is a very solid design with a good mixture of holes. Bunkers are really challenging - lots of slope and if you're not used to tour quality sand, then you'll struggle with them. I don't know if it was the design of the course or it was just one of those days, but it seemed like when I missed my shot by just a little bit, the ball got a bad bounce and the penalty/result was really enhanced. Greens had a lot slope to them. The day I played they were about 8.5-9 on the stimp and I was expecting faster. Forgivable in this case since the temp had dipped into the 30s overnight with only a high of 42 that afternoon with not many players booked. Pace of play was great, but that's because there was hardly anyone else out there that day, so I wouldn't give much weight to my pace of play rating. Because of the low bookings that day, we probably didn't experience the full service the club normally offers (hardly any employees could be found outside the clubhouse - just the grill attendant near holes 7/11). Unique pricing in that the price includes all food and non-alcoholic drinks at all phases of your visit. Normally, the course charges $180 per person, which is a little steep even factoring in food & beverage included. Took advantage of a Hot Deal and got on for $75, which was well worth it. I think $120 might be a fair price point for this course and it's amenities - it's good but not upper echelon.

"Great layout"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/30/2015

Enjoyed the course. Great layout. Can be noisy as its near DFW airport.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Top Notch"

TheOBchef's avatar
Dallas Advisor

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2015

I can't say enough about how great this course is. The course is in pristine condition for this time of year. With all the elevation changes you do not feel like you are in Dallas. The staff is extremely nice and went above and beyond when we told them we had not played the course before. Not being a cowboys fan I wanted to dislike the course, however that is not the case. I would have say that this is the top public course in DFW. Got stuck behind a tournament so the round took a bit longer than I would have liked.

"excellent course well maintained"

sergio1473424's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/27/2015
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

enjoyed my round. has a couple of challenging holes.at the half way house a must try is the jalepeno sausage dog.

"MAINTENANCE LACKING...NOT AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE.."

kekman's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/06/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

Cowboys used to be a great tract. While the all inclusive (food and range) is a nice feature , you still pay for it as they cahrge $150+ for a $80 course. The food is ok, but service can be spotty (read no cart girl for whole front 9!). The worst thing is the course is in rough shape and the facilities are clearly dated as they have let maintenance go. They do have new golf carts (whoopppee), but the course itself is very rough - fairway areas and green side bunkers ~ burned out, rough bumpy greens on numerous holes and downed trees, etc. Some of this looks like damage from the March rains that was never repaired. Since this is a "convention course" w very few repeat (home) guests, no one repairs anything and it shows.

Re pace of play, there was no marshall on the course (on Labor Day weekend go figure!!) and even though the carts have GPS and they know about the backups, they do nothing - pace of play was 5+ hrsl. They let the group in front of us ( ~ a 5some) have their dog with them and running around the course - cant make this stuff up!). Ridiculous!

If you are from out of town, it may be cool to play as a convention perk, but there are much better maintained tracts and value for your money. This course has deteriorated and its unfortunate - only play if you can get a hot deal under $100. After that, better off elsewhere.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

Commented on 01/18/2016

kekman - please note that the refreshment stand is located at the 7th hole. Thus not seeing a cart-girl for a total of nine holes is hard thing to do. As for the time of year played so did I. Have to say, the conditions where pretty good, (Should give it at least 3.5 stars at minimum) considering all the rain that this areas has had. Noticed bumps on greens are due to golfer needing to pick-up their feet and fix divots. When it rains a lot golfers should watch for this. Do agree price is too high. Jerry need the $$$ to pay his players...

"Review"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Cashier need to improve the attitude. It make me feel uncomfortable when I walk in their. Yes we are not American but we still "Customer".