Silverthorn Country Club

Practice hole: No
Simulator: No
Golf school / academy: No

Walking allowed: No
Dress code: No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required
Credit cards accepted: Yes

Silver 72 6194 yards 69.5 126

The Silverthorn Country Club golf course has earned its challenging 132 slope rating through a combination of rolling terrain, unpredictable Florida Gulf Coast winds, and no less than 96 strategically-placed bunkers. Joe Lee designed this course and it offers a mixture of wide-open links-style holes and tight, tree-lined fairways. The 25,000 square foot clubhouse offers a scenic vista of Silverthorn's championship golf course, surrounding lakes and splendid Florida sunsets. This classic blend of southern charm and golfing tradition will create wonderful memories for your golf trip to Brooksville

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals seniors advanced golfers   Challenges include bunkers water hazards forced carries   Great for drinks dinner patio dining

"Needs work"

beetle9510's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/11/2018

Played here a few times, and each time the bunkers show a complete lack of maintenance. The rough was mowed around each of them, but there was a knee high strip of grass around the rim of each. Absolutely no effort to maintain sand in any of them. All were hardpan with a wall off weeds guarding the lip. Greens and Fairways were mostly very well maintained.

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 07/16/2018:

Hello beetle9510, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and we appreciate your feedback on the conditions of the bunkers. Thank you for playing Silverthorn Country Club and we hope to see you again soon.

"Nice course"

Randy768's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/08/2018

I play here often and this is one of the best rounds I’ve had in a while. The course is in great shape except the bunkers, they were a bit pack down but I wasn’t in them much today. The tee box on 7 is always in rough shape and today was no different but the rest were all good. The fairways and green were in good shape. All in all a nice round for me.

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 07/10/2018:

Hello Randy768, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had a great experience. We also appreciate your feedback on our bunkers. Thank you for playing Silverthorn Country Club and we hope to see you again soon!

"Great Course for the price"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/28/2018

It's one of the best courses around the Hernando County area. Everything is in perfect condition from the tee boxes to the greens. If you have a chance play this course.

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 07/05/2018:

Hello u6024209, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for playing Silverthorn Country Club and we hope to see you again soon!

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/18/2018

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 06/21/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you loved our course and had an excellent golf experience. Thank you for playing Silverthorn Country Club and we hope to see you again soon!

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2018

Greens could use some attention, some fairways were in rough shape.

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 06/20/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our fairways and greens. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Silverthorn Country Club and we hope to see you again soon.

"Semi-private means we need you money not you"

ERICFROST's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/07/2018

Over the last ten years I have played this course about 6 times. I like the track but staff is general rude. Generally, rudeness does not bother me. 2 minute at the pro shop, 1 one minute annoyed starter...no skin off my back but enough is enough. I love golf and like the track and hope the rueness it would be better as the years past by...but now the course is rubbish. bad green ...more grass in the bunker then the green.. and hurried to the tee box to accommodate Thursday league play only to run into the league on the last 5 hole . thanx but no thanx

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 06/13/2018:

Hello ERICFROST, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are sorry to hear that you had a sub par experience at our course. We appreciate your feedback on our staff friendliness and course conditions and we escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Silverthorn Country Club and we hope to earn your business again.

"Great course for the money"

mattpuls's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/01/2018
Previously played Used cart Hot weather Verified Purchaser

The fairways were in good shape and the greens putted true. The slow pace of play is the only difficult challenge, but that's more the fault of other golfers and not the fault of the course or staff. I recommend this course to anyone who wants a moderate challenge at a great price. The only thing they need to work on is some of the tee boxes, other than that, wonderful course. The course drains really well because we've had a lot of rain lately but there were no soggy areas in the fairways.

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 06/13/2018:

Hello mattpuls, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions of our fairways and greens and our affordable rates. We also appreciate your feedback on the pace of play and the conditions of the tee boxes. Thank you for playing Silverthorn Country Club and we hope to see you again soon!

"Silverthorn country Club"

turfking's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/26/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

Book a great Hot Deal on GolfNow.com. I always book on this site at least once a week and used this service many, many times. In my booking history I've had two issues upon arrival at any golf course; strangely both times occured at Silverthorn. I had to call the VIP number at GolfNow to get them to verify i in fact had 'paid" for my tee time as Randy at the pro shop stated i did not appear on their tee sheet. Once i got through this hassle it was a fine day of golf. The course is in good shape and is not a long layout. ( I use my 3 wood off most Par 4's.) I just hope my next visit to Silverthorn will come with less frustration.

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 05/30/2018:

Hello turfking, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had an enjoyable golf experience. We also appreciate your feedback on your GolfNow reservation issue. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and we will be in contact with GolfNow. Thank you for playing Silverthorn Country Club and we hope to see you again soon!

uKIEP4521KI's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/24/2018

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 06/01/2018:

Hello uKIEP4521KI, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had an enjoyable experience at Silverthorn Country Club. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

"Excellent but crowded"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/03/2018

The course is excellent with nice fairways , a lot of sand traps and water hazards at several holes. The one thing wrong is not enough space between the tee off parties. We tee off at 1 and the next foursome was right behind us and so on. A few times we had to wait for two foursomes ahead of us so we could tee off. I did shoot my lowest score that day and still felt rushed.

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 05/07/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and shot your lowest score! We also appreciate your feedback on the pace of play and we escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Silverthorn Country Club and we hope to see you again soon!

bmrgolf's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello bmrgolf, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are sorry you had a subpar experience at our course. We appreciate your feedback on out course layout and conditions. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Silverthorn Country Club and we hope to earn your business again.

"Deteriorating fast"

Dickyg123's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

Its a shame because this course has a great layout but its condition is appalling.There are vast areas with no grass particularly the approaches to most of the greens and consequently it is impossible to play “proper” golf shots as more often than not one is playing off dirt or sand.According to various sources these areas have never been repaired and just get worse as each year passes.Many of the landing zones in the fairways(using the term loosely) are devoid of grass.These areas need rotivating and re-seeding as do the aprons around the greens.The bunkers had not been raked and the edges are collapsing.It is quite obvious that this course is in serious decline and has been neglected through lack of investment.It needs a serious injection of money to re-establish itself otherwise l doubt whether it will be here in 12 months time.l am surprised that the few members who are left tolerate the situation.Word has it that the owner does not appreciate the value of his membership....a strange philosophy to hold perhaps!given the circumstances.However it could be that this time next year they will be playing elsewhere on grass for a change!!It may be dirt cheap to play but l shan't be coming back in a hurry,I would rather pay a little more for better quality and at least enjoy the experience rather than finishing the round and feeling totally exasperated and frustrated by the poor state and condition of the course .

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello Dickyg123, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are sorry for your subpar experience at our course. We appreciate your feedback on the course conditions and we appreciate your suggestions. Thank you for visiting Silverthorn Country Club and we hope to earn your business again.

"Great layout, friendly fairways!"

cf3968032's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/19/2018

If you’re in the Brooksville area you won’t want to miss this one. Very nice course, player friendly, with good pace of play. Four very challenging holes, two are long and two have water that will get your attention. Booked on golf now for $27, $10 credit, great value at $17!

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello cf3968032, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course, the pace of play, and affordable rates. Thank you for playing Silverthorn Country Club in Spring Hill and we hope to see you again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/17/2018

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 04/20/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had a great experience. Thank you for playing Silverthorn Country Club in Spring Hill and we hope to see you again soon!

"Golfing up a (Sand)Storm"

blaawndee's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/16/2018

What a perfect day for golf! The wind and sand traps (with nary enough sand in them) kicked our Butta but the round was fabulous none-the-less.

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 04/20/2018:

Hello blaawndee, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you had a great golf experience at Silverthorn Country Club in Spring Hill. We also appreciate your feedback on the bunkers. Thank you for playing our course and we hope to see you again soon!

Alain3272561's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 04/18/2018:

Hello Alain3272561, thank you for the three-star review. We are glad you had an enjoyable experience at Silverthorn Country Club and we appreciate your rating on staff friendliness, course conditions, value for the money, and off-course amenities. Thank you for playing our course and we hope to see you again soon.

"Silverthorn C.C."

donaldvivian's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018
Used cart Perfect weather

First time playing here. Booked on GolfNow and didn't know they had a league tournament playing that day. Regardless, what told what hole to tee off on and ended up having a great time. Course was in very good condition and challenging. The course was a little further than I normally would have driven to play, but I'm glad I did.

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 04/11/2018:

Hello donaldvivian, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and had a great golf experience. Thank you for playing Silverthorn Country Club in Spring Hill and we hope to see you again soon!

"Good old time"

Alain3272561's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

Not as good as it was 15years ago, but Ok for the price with golf now rate.

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 04/11/2018:

Hello Alain3272561, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback and ratings. Thank you for playing Silverthorn Country Club in Spring Hill and we hope to see you again soon.

"Very nice neighborhood course"

webbknight's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018

neighborhood courses are not my favorite golf but this course overcomes alot of hesitation I felt when booking it . A very nice layout that has all the possibilities of being very special .. but .. the fairways and greens are why it is just a local favorite only . However the course is such a nice layout I feel good about coming back because World Woods is too expensive .. Saddlebrook and Lake Jovita are high dollar still .. .. so .. my budget play is Silverthorn til the prices change May 1 in Florida .

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 03/28/2018:

Hello webbknight, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and conditions. Thank you for playing Silverthorn Country Club in Spring Hill and we hope to see you again soon!

"Nice course"

Randy768's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/25/2018

I really like the layout of this course. Play here a lot in the winter months when my favorite courses are too expensive. Course is always in decent shape, although the fairways can get pretty tight this time of year. Bunkers could use some care and a little more sand. They serve a lot of leagues during the week so tee times can be hard to get sometimes. Usually not too bad on the weekends. All in all, a decent course

Response from Silverthorn Country Club on 03/29/2018:

Hello Randy768, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and affordable rates. We also appreciate your feedback on our bunker and tight lies. Thank you for playing Silverthorn Country Club and we hope to see you again soon.