Sherman Hills Golf Club

Year Built 1993
Architect Ted McAnlis (1993)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Proper golf attire required

Snacks, Restaurant

Solid course

This place is a great place to play 4 stars due to 2 greens need work but course and club house staff are great

Keeps getting better

Sherman Hills just keeps getting better. The greens (excepting #4, #5 and #17 are in great shape and today were running fast. (must have rolled them.) And considering all the rain, the course was not wet and fairways were running great. And as usual, the staff is always friendly. Love playing this course. Strong recommend and worth the lo drive from South Tampa.

Course was fine Golf Now was not!

I made an error booking the tee time. Golf Now would not fix the problem. Their attitude was your error is our gain. I would be very careful booking with Golf Now!!

Always a pleasure

I always look forward to a round up here. The course is fun and in very good shape. Tee boxes great, fairways great, only two greens in the back with problems other than those two all the greens were great. If you get a chance head up you will not be disappointed.

Great layout

What a pretty course. The front 9 was perfect. Back 9 as well except for 2 greens that had been damaged in some flooding. Grass in fairways and rough was in the best condition of any courses I've played in west central Florida lately. Nice rolling hills gave some elevation changes which made the course a little challenging. I'll definitely be back.

Pace was slow.

We had several groups backed up in front of us looked like several 2-somes that slowed play. The 4-some behind us got impatient and kept hitting into us. This sounds like sour grapes, but bad etiquette is bad etiquette. They then complained and we were "corrected" by the staff, guess it's who you know. So my suggestion would be to hit into the slow groups, as that appears to be the way there.

Great value

Course is in great shape with the exception of 2 greens (loos like a fungus ?).
Play was a little slow, especially on the back 9 when 3 groups were on every hole.

Nice course. 15 holes are in the open where the landing areas are generous and the only concerns off the tee are rough and bunkers. 3 holes are tree lined and tight; one of those is a short par 3 (#13) where the trees don't come into play, but they do on # 14 and 15. Most of the greens are grainy and a bit slow, but good. The greens on 13, 14 and 17 are rough, and probably a couple of months away from recovery. Overall a nice day of golf only spoiled by the foursome of jerks who wouldn't let me (a single) play through after I caught up to them on the 13th tee.

Super Layout

First time to play this course and enjoyed the layout. Not too easy but there is some degree of difficulty.

Greens were a little soft at first but liked the fact you could get some bounce on the fringe to help approach shots.

One thing they could do is add a few directional signs helping to know how to get to first and tenth tees.

Course was surprisingly dry for how much rain we’ve had, handles water extremely well. Greens are pretty tough, not very fast tho. Couple greens on back 9 are being redone. Decent layout. Played in 2.5 hours.

Consistency

Play this course .....great shape except a few greens. Handles the water/rain very well

very nice golf course and very friendly staff

I am from central New York, and come down to visit my sons in South Tampa for a couple of months each summer. I play golf every day the weather permits, and have played many courses in the Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota and Brooksville area. And Sherman Hills is one of my favorite golf courses, The price is always right on GolfNow, and you can't beat the course conditions and setup. Mostly a links style course excepting holes 13 through 15 which are tree lined and pretty tight. Fairways are in excellent shape as are the tee boxes. The rough is very fair and easy to hit from. The greens are mostly in excellent shape and run true and with good speed around a 10. The only course flaw are the greens on 13, 14 and 17, which will eventually have to be rebuilt as they are pretty blotchy. on 13 and 14, I consider them automatic 2-putts as they are not worth putting on. and part of the 17th green is also spotty. But those greens don't really take away the enjoyable experience of playing Sherman Hills. And I love #18, one of my favorite holes to play in Florida. For me, even from the red tees (454 yards), it is a long par-5 with water surrounding most of the green. You don't want to hit your approach shot too far right or long, as you will be feeding your golf ball to the fish. Really a picturesque signature type hole. I have been lucky as the weather has held up for most of the dozen or so rounds I have played there this summer.

And not to forget the fantastic staff. I am bad on remembering names, but the woman and guy who work the pro shop can't be any friendlier and more accomodating. especially the times I have had to be late for my tee time. And not to forget the young woman behind the bar serving and the cart guy. I am not sure, but believe I have met the owner out on the course, and if so, he was also great.

From South Tampa, this is about an hour ride, but well worth the effort. One of the few courses that haven't so far punched holes on the greens. If you haven't tried this course out yet, I strongly recommend you do! You will not be disappointed.

A well conditioned and fun golf course

Sherman Hills is one of my favorite Florida golf courses. Always in great condition! Tees and fairways are perfect and the rough is fair. The greens are all in great conditions. My only complaint is that the 13 and 14 greens are in need of repair, as is #17. But easy to overlook considering the great condition of the remainder of the course. And #18 is an amazing par-5 and fun to play even for this short hitter. This course is basically an open links style setup, excepting holes 13, 14 and 15 which are tight tree lined holes. And the staff is amazing. I am terrible in remembering names, but the woman in the pro shop is so friendly, as is the woman behind the bar serving. And the guy taking care of the carts is very personable. I strongly recommend this golf course to all who haven't tried it. I live in Central New York, but come down to south Tampa to visit my sons for a couple of summer months, and the 50 minute drive to play this course in Brooksville is well worth the ride. I have played this course over 10 times this summer and you can't beat the GolfNow rates. And even if you can't get a GolfNow Hot Deal, the course is still worth the rack rates there.

Quick ride

Enjoyed playing this round. Course is in great condition aside from a couple greens. Got the entire 18 in before the lightning. Very enjoyable

NICE 2 1/2 HR ROUND AT THE HILLS

COURSE GREAT SHAPE MOST HOLE FEW ON BAC GREENS LTTLE BARE SMALL SPOTS, OVERALL NICE TRACK,NICE PEOPLE FAST ROUND MOST FAIRWAYS GREAT, GREENS GREAT MOST ALL LITTLE SLOW IF YOU ARE USE TO 10 TO 11, THEY ARE NOT NICE SHAPE HOWEVER.

Nice scenic ride

Have played here a handful of times. I play late am to noonish. The course plays quick at that time of day.
NO ONE wore a mask , that I saw,, in the clubhouse.
Course in very good condition...greens slower than normal (really hot summer)
Like it here.....give it a try..forgiving yet challenging on many holes...
It's fun...I'll be back soon..

Nice Place

Always a pleasure playing Sherman Hills. Great layout with wide fairways and target bunkers. My friends enjoyed the round and we will be back.

Ridge Manor, Florida