The Pine Barrens at World Woods Golf Club is one of two championship golf courses at the club. Named after the numerous pine trees that cover the course especially along the fairways, it feels far removed from the Florida coasts. Tom Fazio designed the course and it is considered not only some of his best work, but one of the best courses in the state. It is a tight golf course that is notorious for its vast waste areas and bunkers. Although it has a modest length of 7,259 yards, there is plenty of length within the layout with many of the par 4s stretching past 400 yards. There are two small lakes that come into play. The fourth hole is one of the most well known, and most photographed, in the state. It is a par 5 with a treacherous waste area dominating the right side all the way to the green.

World Woods Golf Club - Pine Barrens

Year Built 1993
Fairways Winter Rye
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Tom Fazio (1993) Jan Bel Jan Dennis Wise (1993)

Driving Range Yes - 300 tees
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, VISA, American Express, Discover, Diner's Club
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Snacks

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 86

Tough course

Played long today, rained right before we started. Course is beautiful

PB greens

The greens need work. Glad to see the carts finally being replaced. Fairways and tee boxes looked great. Pro shop was very picked over and needs restocked. Lunch and service was great as always.
Still worth the 1:30 drive to me.

Rolling oaks

Everything was great until rain on 17th hole, but still great day! Love this course!

What a course!

2nd time playing this course.... such a view on every hole. If yoi can get to Pine Barrons or Rolling Oaks. Love World woods!

Scenic escape

Beautiful afternoon round surrounded by nature. Paired up with a golfer familiar with the course. Really helped playing the first time. No houses great employees. Fun day challenging.

Still one of my favorite

Course is totally awesome. Shot a 73 which I’m happy with. Greens were nice.. I’ve seen the course in better shape but for summer it was good & honestly still very very nice

As always

One of my favorite courses. As always, a wonderful day on a great course!

My favorite

I've played just about every course in the Tampa area and Pine Barrens is by far my favorite.

Awesome layout and an excellent value

I think we paid $50 for an early morning Friday tee time which was great value for this course. We got a little nervous as we came to the first putting green we saw because they were slow and bumpy, but luckily the greens were nothing close to that. The clubhouse is nothing special but everyone there was very welcoming and accommodating. The bacon egg and cheese breakfast sammy was great, highly recommend getting one (or two). Overall the course was in great shape. The greens rolled great, not overly fast but still challenging if you left yourself above the hole. Tee boxes and fairways were in good shape and the bunkers were all well kept. The layout of this course is fun, no two holes feel the same and it requires some strategy off the tee.

What a Gem!

We made a 4 hour round trip to play and we're already working on our return trip. The course is incredible and truly doesn't feel like a Florida course at all. It's so nice playing and not seeing 500 houses lining fairways down both sides.

The course is visually stunning. The par 3s are challenging to say the least. Nothing too tricky as far as layouts, so you can score well first time out.

The course doesn't match the rest of the place, the clubhouse is old and run down. Reminded me of Caddyshack and hasn't been updated since then. Still doesn't matter, the course more than makes up for all of that. Friendly staff and awesome course! It was an absolute steal at $40

Very Good Course, Great Value

My son and I were scheduled to be in Mrytle Beach, SC for a Father & Son tournament this week. The tournament was cancelled so we decided to take a couple of days to play a couple of Florida courses. One of the course we chose was the World Woods Pine Barren course. This was one of the best decisions we made. We had scheduled an afternoon tee time (the morning was booked up, plus it was an hour drive from the Orlnado area. When we got out to the starter he mentioned that he had just pput out a number of groups in front of us. He offered for us to go off on the 10th hole and said that it was wide open on the back. He stated that it would be like having the course to ourselves and he was spot on. Unfortunately it started to rain as we got to our 2nd hoe (11th hole). We played a few holes in between down pours and then by the 15th hole it clear up for good. The course is in very good shape, there are some challenging holes and the pace of play was perfect. Even with the rain delay we were done in 3.5 hours. My only regret is that I do not live closer to this course because I would be there on a regular basis. If you have the time to drive there (it is in the middle of nowhere) then I highly recommend playing a round, you will not be disappointed.

Golfing Heaven!

No houses, no road noise, no hassles.......just golf at its finest.

Incredible course. I don't think there's better value anywhere in the country

This is by far my favorite course in central Florida. And I think it might be the best value for your money in the whole country. Paid about $32 for afternoon rates, and the course is better than others I've played that cost $200+.

Beautiful piece of property. Lots of land. No houses/buildings in sight. Elevation changes. Smell of pine trees in the air. Aesthetic design and layout. Feels like you're in the mountains -- not in flat swampy Florida.

Course conditions were very good. The lay out is a ton of fun. "Challenging but fair" definitely applies. If you're a bogey golfer and take what the course gives you, you'll do great and have fun. If you try to beat the course and cut corners it becomes more of a challenge.

I like that the clubhouse is pretty spartan -- it's all about the golf. Not a foofy, pompous resort kinda place, even though the course itself is worthy of an elitist 5 star resort.

Despite extended hot, dry weather, great conditions

Course is in great shape considering the heat and lack of rain we’ve been having. Greens a little slower than usual post-aeration. Tee boxes have seen excellent recovery. Fairway turf is generally excellent. Bunkers, however, have been a bit neglected since Covid arrived. The courses here are getting a lot of play this summer, and Rolling Oaks had just been aerated as well, so don’t expect a 3 hour round; I was behind a pair of groups moving at a snail’s pace on the front despite it being a very uncomfortably hot/humid afternoon.

Golf Heaven

It is always a pleasure to play World Woods. Golf the way it should be. No houses, no road noise, each hole independent from each other and no worries!

Pure Golf at I FINEST

Seldom can you go someplace and flip a coin over which course is better. World Woods has 2 top notch layouts in Pine Barrens and Rolling Oaks.....Same property but 2 distinctively different courses. Pine Barrens is more a shot makers course with tricky greens. Rolling Oaks is what a "minds eye" golf course looks like....rolling terrain, large undulating greens, traps well placed to guide the eye. It is ALWAYS a treat to play at World Woods.

What is it with GolfNow

Played today and the course was busy---why because they had an aeration special of $25 on Pine Barrens. There was no notice of that on your website and our charge was $34 plus tax. I had a golf pass monthly reward that I used. Would you want to putt on greens like that when you went to play a course. There are other courses in central Florida you can play without having that problem.You in the pass let golfers know when there was something like aeration and the conditions were not up to par.

Homosassa, Florida