The Pine Barrens at World Woods Golf Club is one of two championship golf courses at the club. Named after the numerous pine trees that cover the course especially along the fairways, it feels far removed from the Florida coasts. Tom Fazio designed the course and it is considered not only some of his best work, but one of the best courses in the state. It is a tight golf course that is notorious for its vast waste areas and bunkers. Although it has a modest length of 7,259 yards, there is plenty of length within the layout with many of the par 4s stretching past 400 yards. There are two small lakes that come into play. The fourth hole is one of the most well known, and most photographed, in the state. It is a par 5 with a treacherous waste area dominating the right side all the way to the green.

Year Built 1993
Fairways Winter Rye
Greens Tifdwarf Grass
Architect Tom Fazio (1993) Jan Bel Jan Dennis Wise (1993)

Driving Range Yes - 300 tees
Practice Hole Yes

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, VISA, American Express, Discover, Diner's Club
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 84

An absolute jewel of a golf course

My wife and I played Pine Barrens on a beautiful sunny afternoon. This is such a visually stunning course that you can't help but just stand on the tee and wonder where to hit your drive. Thankfully we could take the time to do that because we didn't see another golfer in front of us or behind us until the 16th hole This despite the course Marshall (a great guy by the way) telling us to pack our patience because the course was really busy.
A wonderful day that we would love to repeat. We're already booked for another round.
What a fantastic facility. Not sure we can play elsewhere now.

2ND TIME NO BETTER

2nd time playing the course on a father / son outing. Required to play with a stranger who insisted on playing from the tips despite not having the game. Course itself in good shape. Starter and rangers nice but couldn't keep things moving. Nearly 5 hour round. My suggestion is to watch a group and if they are not hitting fairways and greens require them to move up a tee box. Carts in poor condition and course is in the middle of nowhere otherwise come to play.

A Must Play

Third time playing Pine Barrens, and enjoyed each time. Whenever I'm in Florida I try to make an effort to go to World Woods. Great value for a great course. A challenge also and in good condition everytime I've played it. Can't wait to get back.

Good course.

Great layout, in good condition and excellent pace.

Florida Advisor

Other worldly

This golf course truly is everything everyone said about it. There is not one weak hole on the golf course, all 18 are very beautiful and a good challenge to play. The abundance of sand really makes the course special. The greens roll very quick and nice and all of the fairways are in top condition. My girlfriend and I walked the course and although it is no easy walk (granted we were all over the place), registering in at about 8 miles, it can be done..this is definitely a course to bring a camera with you because it is unlike any other course that you’ve ever played. Whatever the price is pay it and play it. You will not regret your decision.

A+

I love these two courses: Rolling Oaks and Pine Meadows. They are the best in the area at a price that is affordable, at least this time of year they are affordable. I don't even think about them throughout the winter. The greens were super! Not fast but normal speed, and smooth. I'd say 8 on the stimpmeter. They are fast compared to the rest of the courses in this area. They built up my putting confidence which really improves putts. Of the two courses I prefer Pine Barrens. It has a tee box that meets my ability of about 6300 yards, (I'm a short hitter.) Rolling Oaks is longer from the same tees, but has more room for error. Unfortunately the condition of my game did not meet the condition of the course. I have developed a snap hook that I can't seem to fix. But that is not the fault of the course., of course. These courses are worth the occasional drive from Tampa! Don't expect a lot of 19th hole amenities. There is a restaurant/bar which I can't comment on since I didn't use it.

Great

Had a great time. The Pine Barren course is challenging as well as a blast. I look forward to playing there again.

A must play!

This is a course that everyone should experience. Friendly staff, interesting and challenging layout, great conditions and fast greens. We had a blast! We will definitely be back.

Awesome course, highly recommended

Loved the course. First time playing, I got a HotDeal for $18 which is a true steal. If you have a chance to play you won't regret it. Booked as a single player, starter paired me with 2 other singles and they were a lot of fun. First 6 holes we played at our own pace, then on #7 we caught up to a 4-some that was SLOW. Thankfully # 10 is a par 3 and the ranger was there and told them to let us play through. Back 9 was awesome but hot. Course was in great shape. A few of the greens had some bare spots but all pins were placed far away from those spots.

Incredible Course

Really enjoyed this place. First, staff is incredibly friendly. Starter was beyond accommodating and really cared for me to enjoy my first time. Course was incredible. It’s well maintained, greens are best I’ve played around the area so far, and the layout/sand design is very entertaining. Long tees are 7200+ but plenty of tee options. Great course all around. Could not recommend higher. Great job staff.

Terrible services

Have played here at least a dozen times. Always in great shape. Always a fun round. However....they are terrible at the basics as a staff. I think the gentlemen who work there are angry vets or something. They alwasy ask if we have played here before. The answer is always yes. Then they proceed to run through all the local rules anyway. Starter got mad at us once because we didn't check in. We were on the tee for our tee time and he was nowhere to be found. He literally caught up with us on the 3rd hole and was angry he had to "chase" us. Finally, we never see a drink cart. Maybe once every other round. And water coolers are always empty or warm. They say no private coolers on the course. I'm sorry but next time I come play there I am bringing my own cooler full of water since they can't seem to figure out how to fill theirs. I'm not going to struggle with dehydration and heat stroke any more. So fellas, step up your game on basic necessities and stop being so militant. It's not that hard.

General maintenance

I have played this course probably once or twice over the past 10 years. I’ve always enjoyed being out there but seem like a little general maintenance would be refreshing The layouts are beautiful however some of the tea boxes and even fairways had some rough areas. Looks like maintenance staff had some time off due to cutbacks of sorts. However I do understand that keeping a course in top condition i cost greenbacks .

Course is in great condition. Love the rolling hills and waste areas. Greens were a bit slow,but true.. Have layer here several times and is a long way from my house,(78 miles), but worth it a couple times a year.

Love World Woods

It is ALWAYS a pleasure to play World Woods. I am fortunate to live close enough to play there regularly. Pine Barrens is exceptional! And Rolling Oaks is just as good in my book. A great golf experience on either course!

Great play

This course is great and a wonderful challenge. The only issue was the back nine was rained out. I will be back, no question.

Amazing!

Very interesting course with dramatic holes and beautiful pines trees and sand bunkers everywhere. Doesn't fee like you're in Florida anymore. Worth it!

This course is great!

I was a single and they put me with a group that was short some players. They were a very nice group. This course is one of the best courses in Florida.

Everyone enjoyed the course layout and conditions greens were very tough to read,The only drawback was the restaurant was closed when we finished at 5:15 pm

Great course. Fun to play.

Excellent course. Very well-maintained. Surely one of the best in Florida.

Homosassa, Florida
Weeki Wachee, Florida
Weeki Wachee, Florida

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900