TPC Deere Run

Golf Season March - November
Architect D. A. Weibring

Driving Range Yes, 15 tees driving range

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Plays Long 7
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 8

TPC Deere Run is amazing

TPC Deere Run is an awesome course. Bag Drop attendants were super friendly. Bathrooms were super clean. Pro shop staff were very pleasant. Course was amazing, awesome layout & conditions were top of the line. The bunkers were magnificent, like playing on a beach in the Caribbean. After the round, visited pro shop to get something. Ended up getting a Nike TPC Deere Run polo for 50% off. Can’t beat that!

Worth the drive from Chicago

We have been out here for Deere Classic tournament several times and love the course so decided to take my son out for a round after his college graduation. Pro shop staff were and starter were very friendly, and the course was in perfect condition still a couple weeks after the tournament. The pace of play was great...didn't run into anyone until the 15th hole and we were under 3 hours. Unfortunately, we were playing as a twosome and the foursome in front of us would not let us play through, so the pace crawled for the last four holes, but it did not detract from a great round of golf and we still played in 4 hours. Would definitely come back...one of my favorite courses in all of Illinois for the price!

Exceeded expectations which were high

Heard a lot about this course but must say it exceeded my expectations. Wonderful course, incredible value, great staff.

Pace of play got really slow towards the last 5 holes. We did not see a course ranger on the back 9. Maybe there was a shift change but it would have been nice to move the folks along faster.

Solid Track

Great layout. Very challenging around the green. Choice of pin locations was a little intense, but overall a great place to play.

Early year play

The course itself is a beautiful course and fun to play with a lot of fairway and green side bunkers. We went in mid April and the course itself was in horrible condition. The greens were rough and not smooth at all and the fairways were hard and very beat up. I will say staff was working hard to correct conditions but I wouldn’t recommend this course for early season play. I have played it several times in the past but was generally in late summer and early fall and course was pristine. I tried early and couldn’t believe that there could be this drastic of a change in conditions. The only reason I gave it 3 stars was for staff friendliness and love the fairway hazards. I will go back but it will be later in year most likely be after the classic.

Cut the rough

Lost balls in the rough? Come on. Cut the rough or let us drive cart on at least rough. Worn out from walking when I paid for a cart. Should of brought my pull cart and would of walked less.

Chicago Milwaukee Advisor

Always great to play where the Pro's play

Had the luxury to play a course where the pros play and it did not disappoint. Our group was very happy with everything at this great place. From the starter who was top notch all the to the finishing hole which is a beast. The course conditions were outstanding. The greens were so smooth and like glass and definitely difficult to read. ( Coolest thing ive seen having the green speed on the starters table) The rough was LUSH wow it was tough. The layout is really good. Front nine has some spots that maybe arent great but once you hit the back nine it doesnt disappoint. The Par 3s are definitely memorable . All of them require an extra club and all of a variety of challenges to massively uphill to huge bunkers and water. TPC Deere Run did not disappoint, for sure a course to cross off the bucket list.

Gem of the Area

Though the conditions of unusual heat this early in season tired me out the course was wonderful. I especially appreciated the water stations on several holes and greens were flawless. I play in Florida thru winter but still love to play JD TPC . For the price on Golf Now there is nothing that compares for value. Some golfers seem intimidated by degree of difficulty or wonderful surroundings, if so they need to go to country courses were they deposit balls in cornfields or ravines? Take your time and enjoy the day like I did.

Love This Course

The fact that this is a TPC course and an annual stop on the PGA tour tells you all you need to know.
I played an afternoon round for $60. GREAT DEAL.
I was a single, so I played in 3 hours. Ran into a couple of groups who were really friendly and just let me play through.
Every aspect of the course was in great shape. I played here last year right before the John Deere Classic and it was much easier this time as the rough and greens were meant for average golfers as opposed to last time when it was already in tournament shape.
The staff here is great and clearly act like they just want you to have a great time. Clubhouse is amazing.
The entire experience was awesome and for the price, you'd have a hard time finding a better course, maybe anywhere.

Play where the pros play

Played this course on a Saturday morning. Beautiful layout and very scenic views. We were playing behind another foursome whom we thought would be fast considering they hand a replay round in 5 hours. They had the entire course backed up. The ranger informed them to speed up which they did but the damage was done. The fairways and approaches were in good shape but we noticed the greens were marked up with quite a few divots. Overall a bit pricey for the conditions but a very nice course.

Deere Run Awesome

we had a buddies trip 16 guys to quad cities...and as expected tpc deere run was the highlight of the trip...36 holes on this gem and i want to go back next week to play again. conditions were absolutely perfect...smooth greens rolling prob 10.5 to 11 on the stimp..just immaculate putting surfaces. layout was fun yet challenging...such a nice change to see a fun yet fair test of golf with out buried elephants on every green. Our group could not stop talking about how much fun we had at deere run and how great of shape it was in...and this group included a couple guys who have played in US Ams and US Mid-ams. Highly recommend to ALL golfers have to play this course

Never again!!!!!!!

Course was cart path only due to an inch of rain overnight (according to the starter). If the course can't handle an inch of rain, they should think about some better drainage. Maybe the first four or five holes, but the fairways were firm after that. There was no reason the 90 degree rule and rough was not put in effect after that. Absolutely the worst experience at TPC Deere Run in the last 13 years I've been playing here!!!

The marshal's did not even adjust the playing time and still hounded our groups at every chance they could. My 70 year old father-in-law quit playing after the 4th hole.

If TPC Deere Run is so worried about letting public golfers on the course after a little rain, then make it private.

As for the food/beverage prices....holy cow!!!! $7.25 for a hot dog, $4.25 for a powerade and $25 for a six pack of domestic beer!!!!!!! Talk about sticking it to the golfer, again see making private above.

I even cancelled tee times for an annual trip up there in July!!!! And to let it be known, they didn't even blink an eye at losing the $1,080 in green fees plus food and beverage money....again see comment above about making private.

In summary, seems like the public golfer is second class citizen to them, make it private!!!!!

Love It Always!

Being just 1 of a few select PGA Tour courses for the public to play, this course is amazing and challenging. The ONLY complaint I have the last couple years is the price. It used to be 99 dollars no matter what day or time you play. Now its gone up and changes with the times. Its definitely worth the price but I cant afford to play it as much as I used to anymore. But the staff is awesome and the course is always in great shape anytime of year. I highly recommend this course. The pace of play is always great when I play. When you have 2-3 groups on the first tee, you get concerned of backups. However by the 2nd or 3rd hole, theres usually a hole between groups. Spread out nicely also for those who cant hit it straight all the time. No need to fear hitting into other people. All in all, this is the best course I have ever played and I played it often. The best time I recommend is 2 weeks before the John Deere Classic when all the stands are up. Its so much fun. Have fun and take a lot of photos.

Indy Advisor

Lightning Greens

This is not the first PGA Tour or TPC course I've played. But these were the fastest greens I ever played. They were receptive, but they were bikini wax smooth and fast. New found respect for the pros who can leave the ball close on some of those downhill putts.

The course is in great shape, and is a fun design. Some of the chipping areas are extremely deep an challenging if you find yourself just off the green. The fairways are forgiving, but if you spray - you pay. The front 9 was a bit easier than the back in my opinion. The starter said everything plays about 1/2 of a club longer than usual, and he was right.

I was surprised that it was not that busy. The price is a bit of a premium, but you pay for the experience. It's well worth a go if you find yourself in the area.

Request A Vacation Quote From TPC
Please provide your information below and a staff member at TPC will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Coal Valley, Illinois