TPC Deere Run

Golf Season March - November
Architect D. A. Weibring

Driving Range Yes, 15 tees driving range

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Plays Long 7
A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 8

Very disappointed

Expected this to be the highlight of a 2 week Midwest golf trip. Ended up being the biggest disappointment. Started with no one at the bag drop (normally wouldn't bother me, but for $109 expect quality service).

The condition of the course is outstanding. The layout is good, clearly a notch above the standard "good" public course, but none of the holes really had a "wow" factor. Thought holes 9, 11 and 18 were poorly designed - maybe the pros like them, but not your average amateur,

Played with a member to make a 3-some. Played the first 14 holes in 2:45 as the first group off and then ran into the backend of a shotgun that had started on the back nine. 1:20 for the last 4 holes sent the member to the clubhouse early and us steaming while cooling our heels, especially since we were advised on the 1st tee to maintain a good pace. When we brought this up to a course advisor at the end of the round, he informed us that the problem was our fault "because we played too fast".

What a Great course

All I need to say is WOW! This was my first time playing TPC Deere Run. We played one week after this years John Deere Classic. They told us the rough hadn't been mowed since the tournament. This made the rough very thick. Greens were fast and rolled true. I think every hole on the course is a different look. I was so excited to play this course and my expectations were exceeded. Great layout, very challenging, lots of divots where the pros had been hitting from in the fairways, plays very fair but tough. There are so many picturesque places on the course. I will be back! I shot an 88. Had lots of pars, a couple birdies, and some big numbers. It is a course that doesn't let up but playable.

False front

When checking in at the desk I see a sign saying 90 degree rule. It's not that wet, but no problem. I get to the starter and he says cart path only. When I ask for a refund all I can get is a rain check. I'm 60 years old with a service related foot disability and can't walk the course. I'm also a single digit handicap that drove 4 hours and stayed overnight to play the course. Thanks for nothing TPC. I won't bother you again.

Absoltely the BEST

This course home of the PGA John Deere Classic is so amazing. The price is so cheap. At 100 dollars that includes 18 holes, range balls and cart. I play this course a few times a year. Especially a week before the JDC every year. there is nothing more fun than playing here when all the grandstands are setup. The course is so worth paying and traveling from Chicago to play. If you get into trouble, it can ruin the rest of your round very quickly. Happens to me most every time. But I dont care because the views, the greens, the fairways, the traps, the elevation changes and the range and everything else is immaculate all the time. Its a VERY tight course with tall trees and tight driving holes with many doglegs. I will recommend this course to anyone in the world and I ALWAYS look forward to getting out there as soon as the course opens. You can play many courses where the PGA plays for hundreds and hundreds of dollars. This for 100 dollars is the best deal I have ever seen and the best course I ever play. I love it. Its very hard for beginners though. You can lose many balls here and very fast with all the trees and OBs and water. The rough is very thick and this course plays very very long if you are not on your game. You have to get out there and play this course :) The Par 3 3rd hole rises from the tee so much you cant hardly see the pin. I vote that the best and toughest par 3 I have ever played. Not the longest hole but one of the best ever. The greens are very smooth and have so much break and speed. They play at tournament speeds at all times. Also tough sand shots with very deep bunkers.

TPC Deere Run

What a great course! It is certainly challenging enough to push your limits, but not to the point of making your round feel like survival.
The fairways and tee boxes are excellent, the greens were in great shape, although slightly slower than expected.
It was great seeing the holes and views I've seen over the years watching the John Deere Classic on TV. I especially enjoyed seeing the 14th, where Sticker made his miracle par from the 13th tee; and of course, the 18th green - I tried to recreate Spieth's bunker shot and lipped it out.
This course is a long way from home, so I'm not sure I'll ever get another chance to play it; but if the opportunity arises, the $100 greens fee is well worth it.

Amazing experience!

Had the opportunity to play TPC Deere Run the week before the PGA Tour showed up for the John Deere Classic! The course was immaculate, the layout is extremely fun and very challenging! Staff was very friendly. You certainly get what you pay for at TPC Deere Run. Fast greens, well-manicured fairways, great practice facilities, and excellent overall accomodations. There are some pretty amazing views of this golf course and I am pretty sure TPC Deere Run will be an annual trip!

Chicago Advisor

TPC - Deere Run

The Good: Fabulous parkland layout from native son D.A. Weibring is the premier course in the Davenport, Iowa market. Superb track has a "Northern Michigan" feel that meanders adjacent to the Rock River, features ample fairways guarded by beautiful sand traps, moderate elevation for Midwest, and large tricky greens. Strong variety in Par 4's, great Par 5's, and one spectacular Par 3. PGA tour level course conditions and excellent greens. Top-notch clubhouse with full restaurant and bar, superb practice facilities, and good on-course amenities. Nice staff and great pace of play for a public course. One of the better sub $100 courses in the Midwest.

The Bad: Lack of GPS on carts is a bummer. Course is often cart path only which impacts overall experience. Outside of #16, the Par 3's are relatively forgettable. Limited variation in rates and no online specials.

The Verdict: TPC Deere Run is a Top 3 public course in the state and becoming a destination course in the Midwest. Absolutely worthy of a PGA tour event, but a third of the cost of most championship courses.

Best Hole(s): The short Par 3 16th with the Rock River just left is mesmerizing. The Par 5 2nd is an underrated, beautiful hole that is one of the few birdies to be made.

AWESOME COURSE!

This is the best course I have EVER played. Home of the John Deere Classic every July, this course is WELL WORTH the money!!!!!!! Its VERY inexpensive for such a beautiful, tough and LONG golf course! I play there about 4 or 5 times a year. The fairways are as smooth as a counter top and greens are smooth as glass and fast. I would play this course every day of my life if I could. The terrain changes and rolling hills along the Rock River are amazing and make this course very difficult. Playing over 7200 yards from the back tees, my best score there is a 91. The sand traps are very deep. Some over 15 feet deep and tough to get out of. VERY very very narrow fairways but large greens. Greens break a lot and lightning fast. I cant say enough how great this course is. DEFINITELY worth the drive and money! The issue is stay in your game. If you mess up on 1 hole at all, it throws you off because the next hole is harder. Its just an awesome course. Best I ever played. Only 99 dollars too. That includes golf, range balls and cart. Some days that will also include food. I would not recommend walking unless you have a caddy. The terrain changes are VERY VERY extreme!

Great PGA TOUR Course!

Best course in the Quad Cities with the friendliest staff as well! This course is a gem in an area where you wouldn't except a course of this caliber. Very scenic with some very challenging holes. However, the course is very fair and can still be played by novice/intermediate/amateur golfers. Maintenance of this course is immaculate and the rates are very reasonable.

One of the Most Memorable Rounds of My Life

I absolutely loved TPC Deere Run. In fact, it was one of the most memorable rounds of my life. The course is extremely challenging, but I thought it was reasonable for an intermediate golfer. The surroundings are gorgeous, the price was a great value, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I honestly couldn't believe I was playing this course on such short notice and can't wait to return!

Request A Vacation Quote From TPC
Please provide your information below and a staff member at TPC will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Coal Valley, Illinois
Geneseo, Illinois
Bettendorf, Iowa
Pleasant Valley, Iowa
Milan, Illinois
Bettendorf, Iowa

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.