Arroyo at Red Rock Country Club

GPS: Yes

Dress code: No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers forced carries undulating greens   Great for drinks watching the game patio dining

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/11/2018

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 01/16/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Arroyo, please come back and visit us soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/04/2018
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 01/12/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Arroyo Golf Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Great value"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/04/2018

Hard to beat this value as GN hot deal! Could use some better signage in community and between some tee boxes but otherwise a great golf experience. Staff very helpful and friendly!

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 01/10/2018:

"Wind makes it tough"

HunterGolfs's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/20/2017

Played this course for the first time. Bought a GolfNow pre-paid tee time a few days before, weather forecast was 70 and 5 mph winds. On the day we played the forecast was for 25 to 35 mph winds gusting to 50 mph. We had no choice because we pre-paid and GolfNow doesn't allow you to cancel. It was a joke, driver into the wind 100 yards. Course is wide open so you would find your ball when hitting into a crosswind. The course is not real exciting, a lot of the holes look the same, straight and wide open fairway. There is a good number of sand traps including in the middle of the fairways. We had the course mostly to ourselves, it was just a shame it was so windy. GolfNow should allow cancellation on days when winds are that severe. The course is configured funny. The driving range is about a 1/4 mile from the club house, and the 1st tee is about a 1/4 mile from the clubhouse in the opposite direction from the driving range. Range balls were included and driving range was nice. There was no cart girl due to the lack of players on such a windy day.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 12/27/2017:

Thank you for the kind 5-star review of Arroyo Golf Club. We appreciate the kind words, please come back and visit us soon.

nochemno's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/08/2017

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 12/20/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Arroyo Golf Club, please come back and visit us soon.

aaron4229138's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2017

"great course"

Ken9411092's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2017

Course was in awesome shape. Green were beautiful. Fairways and tee boxes were in great shape. Easy drive from the strip (25 ish minutes). Played on a Friday afternoon and took 45 hours to complete round. Probably not too slow but seemed to drag a bit. You never go buy the clubhouse once you tee off but the beverage cart came buy 4-5 times. Would definitely play again when in town.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 12/20/2017:

Thank you for the kind words and the 5-star review Ken. When you get back in town we expect you to see you soon! Have a great day!

"Depends what you pay."

dh51334's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/28/2017

Good layout. Long distance from green to next tee. No snack shack at the turn. AMAZING amount of ball marks on the greens. No marshals but kid waiting on 18 to wipe your clubs for a tip. Private course on the property must take priority.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 12/20/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Arroyo Golf Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/28/2017

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 12/20/2017:

"Really top notch overall experiece!"

Pauly7914474's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2017

Played Arroyo at Red Rock - got a GN and had a coupon so I paid 85 bucks...truly beautiful setting -took me about 25 minutes to drive there from the south strip...went off in the first group at 7am...nice carts, beautiful pro shop, very friendly fellow in the pro shop...I luckily played with two locals, because the holes are REALLY spaced out from each other...tee boxes great, most fairways very good (a few holes are 90 degree carts becasue they are in recovery mode -we bumped the ball with the foot wedge a little -no big deal...but the highlight (lowlight for my game) was the LIGHTNING fast greens...above the hole was a three jack everytime...really a treat to play on such fast, tour-like greens! Views of Red Rock area superb...also, all kinds of tee choices...we played blues and had a blast! This is a really fun course with a private club feel at daily fee prices...nit the cheapest course in Vegas, but overall my new favorite!

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 12/20/2017:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Arroyo! Please come back and visit us some time soon.

"Staff were not that friendly."

briangr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2017

They had my tee time wrong. I wouldn’t have finished if they sent me out later. Starter was confused and kept Callaway by me the wrong name and was annoyed that I was moved to the correct tee time.

"Kitchen stayed open - thanks"

stevenb869's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/18/2017

Liked the course but the greens were full of ball marks - made putting challenging and frustrating

"Nice Views, fun course"

stevewilliams21's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/16/2017
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Beautiful course and the price is very reasonable. Play one of the back two sets of tees if you want to see the best the course has to offer.

We did have one little negative when a ranger was pretty rude to us when we accidentally went to the forbidden part of the driving range that wasn't marked but was for members only, but other than that, I really enjoyed the scenic views and the overall course.

"Great layout but... to many unrepaired ball marks!"

gregorydstroh's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/10/2017

This course has a stunning layout and amazing views, we bought via Golfnow's hot deals. The group loved everything from the very first shot, but every hole had way way to many unrepaired ball marks. I suggested to the golf to purchase cheap repair tools with the course name on it. It would serve multiple purposes. One gives the customer a souvenir, but also puts that reminder in their pocket from the start. The Walking Stick does it over in Arizona and it's a great idea! After our round we ran into OJ in the clubhouse, he lives in one of the many stunning homes surrounding the golf course.

"Good course at the right price"

chucked's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/09/2017

Got a decent price on golf now, not sure I would be wiling to pay the $100+ posted price. The course was in nice shape with quick greens. Took the entire group several holes to figure out the speed of the greens, but they were consistent. Finding your way to the first hole, and then finding the next tee on some holes is a challenge and you drive a long distance in some cases just hoping you are going in the right direction. Most of the bunkers were OK, but some had a lot of rocks and we just pulled our balls out of them as we didn't want to wreck a club (or our wrist). Overall it was an enjoyable course and will include it on future golf trips if we can get it at the right price.

"Gem in the Vegas Area"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/30/2017

Great golf course experience! Course was in good condition. The pace of play was excellent. We all felt many of the holes are simply majestic! Driving range closed down at 1:30pm before we could get a warm up because it was Monday. Not a deal breaker though. Staff was ok, a little stuffy but man the actual course rocks! Make sure you play!

"Great course, spectacular views"

joyceberg's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/26/2017

Beautifully landscaped, nice holes, challenging but not too difficult. Play was a little slow and it is quite a maze getting from hole to hole. Overall a good experience.

"Good course"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/25/2017

After playing eight rounds on 8 courses in 6 days in Vegas I can say this was a positive golf experience. Played blue tees and there where several challenges to take on. Course layout and surroundings are nice. Greens where good. My only disappointment was that we wanted to eat after the round and that was not recommended so we had to go elsewhere. But I will go back, The course have many bunkers so you need to have your sand play in place.

"Call before you go!"

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/16/2017

My wife and I were in Vegas for the week. She played 3 courses with me and I played 2 more on my own. 2 average courses and 3 upscale. We belong to a club at home that is a TPC course. Upscale courses played were Arroyo, TPC Summerlin and Bears Best. The 2 average courses were Primm Valley and Mountain Falls. Rates on the green fees are $45-$70. TPC Summerlin is private, Bears best is $130 rack and Arroyo is $150 rack, which is why I called those 3 upscale. Summerlin and Bears Best were in excellent to pristine condition as expected. Mountain Falls was in excellent condition and Primm Valley was in good condition (new company took over, half the course has been redone and they are still working on the other half, very satisfied with experience).

Arroyo at Red Rock was a HUGE disappointment.

#1. They are in the middle of reseeding with a cross cut method instead of the usual hole aeration. I would never take a star off for this since every course must do this at least once if not twice a year. BUT, I am tired of courses not notifying golfnow of aeration. There is NO EXCUSE for this, PERIOD! If I am booking a tee time, I should not have to call the course and double check the conditions, you should notify golfnow so we are aware.

#2. The rest of the course was average at best. Range was horrible…weeds growing in the sandtraps…bare spots on the greens. This is not the condition of a $150 golf course. I booked a hot deal for $88 each, quit after 9 and called golfnow asking for a credit, they could not be more helpful.

The staff could not be any nicer…the head pro was very polite, but told me that he did not think the course was in that bad a shape...I respectfully disagreed. Golfnow called the head pro and he said that nobody else complained…well, that is outright lie, I am sorry. I specifically heard 3 groups on the range saying this was the worst condition they have ever seen a range in. On our way out, there was another group coming off that was complaining to the cart guys that this course needs help badly, and the cart guys agreed…I am not exaggerating…I am not one of those people that complains about 3 blades of grass out of place.

If your in the middle of maintenance, I completely understand…but ADMIT IT! If I would have paid $150 to play there last week, I would have demanded a refund. Very disappointing course on my vacation.

2 stars for the layout and views.

Response from Arroyo at Red Rock Country on 11/10/2017:

Thank you so much for your review and feedback on our golf course. We apologize for the conditions of the course as our staff is working hard to get everything back up to par. Please come back and see us again once all the new changes settle in a bit.

bingoboy7229's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/13/2017

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 10/16/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review. Please come back and visit us soon!