Arroyo at Red Rock Country Club

GPS: Yes

Dress code: No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

At Red Rock Country Club, Arnold Palmer has created an escape from desert golf with a lush green course that forces golfers to think over their shots. As you're thinking, a waterfall could be crashing in the background. There are actually two Palmer courses here, but only The Arroyo is open for public play.

It measures in at 6,883 yards from the back tees and uses dramatic bunkering to set off its holes. The par 4s are particularly inventive, especially the 432-yard 4th. The par-3 seventh gives you great views of The Strip in the distance. The greens consistently run 10-11 on the Stimpmeter and the fairways are designed to funnel shots that are not overly wild back into decent lies.

"The Arroyo Course is what it is -- a playable course with stunning scenery and a smattering of decent golf holes," former TravelGolf.com writer Shane Sharp said. "It won't provide as memorable a round as Sin City's big-name resort courses, but the price is relative. If you're looking for a course to include in your annual Vegas rotation, Arroyo would be a nice addition, considering its conditioning and scenery."

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers forced carries undulating greens   Great for drinks watching the game patio dining

"Play the proper tees"

chuck7458659's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018

If you can drive a ball around 285, make sure to play 2nd last tees. Keep out of the sand because it's hard and rocky. (they really need more sand) I got paired up with a guy that hit 4 houses! I like the layout of the course though. !

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Arroyo Golf Club. Glad to hear you enjoyed your round with us. Please come back and visit us soon.

Soucy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/14/2018

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Arroyo Golf Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Meh!"

inhouse's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/11/2018

The presentation upon entering the property has a lot of wow factor. But the attitude of pretty much everyone who worked there left much to be desired. Gave me the distinct feeling of a private club that reluctantly caters to public play.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 04/12/2018:

Sorry to hear the staff did not treat you the way you should be treated! We do not approve of our employees treating our guests anything less than exceptional. For that we apologize.

"Excellent track, really good value for money"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2018

Very freidnyly staff, terrific golf course/layout and really good pace of play. Would recommend it in a heartbeat and would definitely play it again.

Spencer9923277's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018

Great course. Great views. Will be back. Greens recently aerated so a little slow but not a huge deal.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 04/11/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Arroyo Golf Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

"aerated greens and charged full price"

lawschmidt's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/06/2018

Not informed that greens were to be aerated when made appointment. Charged full price - which was substantial, though greens were not ready.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 04/12/2018:

We would like to apologize that the greens had be areiated when you were here at Arroyo. We hope you are able to come back and enjoy a round with us when they have healed.

"Early spring Golf in Vegas"

rkclouse's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/30/2018

Very dry climate with a water shortage makes for not perfect desert conditions. We still had a great time and conditions/course shape were above average for the price range.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 04/03/2018:

"Recently aereated and sanded greens should be disclosed."

scott4519629's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/24/2018

Course is nothing special but could be very nice with better maintenance. My biggest gripe is not being told that greens were recently aereated and sanded. The bunkers were very inconsistent and many had burlap bags exposed. Some were soaked and some were rock hard. My wife and I didn't mind not seeing the beverage cart until after 8 holes because we purchased a six pack from the club house. The other twosome we were paired with were not happy because they were told we would see a beverage cart regularly.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 04/03/2018:

Thank you for playing Arroyo Golf Club. We appreciate your review and we are sorry the beverage cart was not around quicker.

Haiyen's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/19/2018

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 03/22/2018:

"Looooong round on a course with avg conditions."

mikeyzgcd's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/17/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather

After being rushed to the 1st tee because they wanted to get us out on time, we waited on every shot and tee box on the front 9. The front 9 took 3 hours!! After asking the marshall about the wait on the 2nd hole, he told us they sent out a group of 32 golfers without the supposed 10 min gap between groups. The second nine wasn't much better at 2 1/2 hours. Besides the looong round, the course was in fair condition. Tee boxes were level. Fairways were in decent shape with some bare spots. Some fairway bunkers were nice while others had rocks in them!! Greens rolled nice, although they weren't pretty to look at. Overall, a decent course, but no worth the price for a 5 1/2 hr round.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 03/22/2018:

Mikey, sorry to hear about this experience you faced. It is not up to our standards to have our members go through an experience that is anything less than par. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

"Great course"

matt8755's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/06/2018

Course was everything one could expect. Nice track in good condition for a reasonable price.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 03/08/2018:

"Beautiful Course!"

u197368525's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/04/2018
First time playing Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

I will definitely play this course again when the weather gets better. It was cool and very windy but the course was in good shape and the holes/views were beautiful. We had a great time and can't wait for a second try.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 03/08/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Arroyo Golf Club. Glad to hear you enjoyed your round with us. Please come back soon for your second go around!

PP1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/20/2018

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 03/02/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Arroyo Country Club. Sorry you were displeased with the tee boxes. We have noted your criticism.

"I will be back!"

Steve6876797's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/19/2018

I was grouped with 3 others who were down from Canada but I think it was colder and windier on this day in Las Vegas than even they were used to in the Winter months. It was easily at times a 3 club or more wind blowing so the course played exceptionally hard. With that said the greens were fast, firm and rolled true. You just needed to clear some pebbles at times that the wind may have blown into your line. No big deal if you pay attention. Hole design and the beautiful landscaping made a visually impressive course. Staff was tremendous and got the day off to a good start. Next time I come out to the desert I will be sure to play here again to hopefully experience the course without the famous winds that can blow through.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 02/22/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Arroyo Golf Club. Glad you enjoyed your round with us! We are happy to hear the staff was great! See you again soon!

"Pleasantly surprised"

shandog31's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2018

I’ve played many Vegas courses and often times the amount of money you pay truly dictates why you can expect to experience in terms of value for your money. However the Red Rock country club Arroyo course was a pleasant surprise. In fact for the money, thisncourse was the best value I’ve seen in Vegas ever.

The course was well maintained, the staff was genuinely friendly, the practice facility was excellent and the lunch I had in the clubhouse was outstanding. I wish the pace of ply was better, but I wasn’t too disappointed that we weren’t able to finish the round because of darkness considering we teed off at 1:50.

The greens were fast, but receptive to well struck shots and chips. The fairways were fair and the rough areas were appropriate for the course. Several sets of tee boxes allowed for my foursome to play to their respective skill level.

My only complaint would be that the sand traps were pretty bad compared to the rest of the course. Some were muddy, some were gravelly, some were soft, and some were hard. Very inconsistent and very much in need of an upgrade.

Overall, the course was fantastic and I would recommend this course to anyone visiting Vegas.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 02/22/2018:

Thank you for the kind words of Arroyo Golf Club. Glad you enjoyed yourself and got your moneys worth here. Come back and see us next time you are in Vegas.

"Tiny rocks on most greend"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2018

Probably great for members. Like playing off parking lot when in bunkers and tiny pebbles(probably wind blown from waste areas) made putting a guessing game, hard to hold your line.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 02/22/2018:

Sorry to hear you would not recommend our golf course. Hopefully when you come back it is a much better experience.

Mohoruk's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Greens fast but a little bumpy. Enjoyed the round.

"First Time at Arroyo"

rjmicinski76's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

What a nice golf course. I was by my self, so I was put with a group of 3 others, very nice guys that live in Las Vegas and are retired. I had shorts and a light wind breaker on. It got cloudy, it really cooled down. I was not prepared for the cooler weather. The course was a bit of a challenge for me, but the other 3 have played the course before and helped me out. I did better that I thought I would, not losing a single ball. I had a great time golfing.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 02/22/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Arroyo. Nice job not losing a single ball! Hope to see you again soon.

"Great Beautiful Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

I'm one of those 100+ golfers. Admittedly I have only recently started playing again after a ten year hiatus. This course is both forgiving and challenging if that makes sense. Being in the desert it's refreshing to see a course with not only well manicured greens, but fairways and roughs were also very well groomed. I had a blast. The staff was spot on even as far as cleaning your clubs up on the 18th hole while you were finishing off. I will be back to give this course another shot. My favorite over the last several rounds!

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 02/15/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Arroyo Golf Club! Welcome back to the world of golf! See you again soon.