Arroyo at Red Rock Country Club

4.2048470588 4.2 stars from 5 (307)

GPS: Yes

Dress code: No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

At Red Rock Country Club, Arnold Palmer has created an escape from desert golf with a lush green course that forces golfers to think over their shots. As you're thinking, a waterfall could be crashing in the background. There are actually two Palmer courses here, but only The Arroyo is open for public play.

It measures in at 6,883 yards from the back tees and uses dramatic bunkering to set off its holes. The par 4s are particularly inventive, especially the 432-yard 4th. The par-3 seventh gives you great views of The Strip in the distance. The greens consistently run 10-11 on the Stimpmeter and the fairways are designed to funnel shots that are not overly wild back into decent lies.

"The Arroyo Course is what it is -- a playable course with stunning scenery and a smattering of decent golf holes," former TravelGolf.com writer Shane Sharp said. "It won't provide as memorable a round as Sin City's big-name resort courses, but the price is relative. If you're looking for a course to include in your annual Vegas rotation, Arroyo would be a nice addition, considering its conditioning and scenery."

Location is worth the drive in the 'burbs convenient to the city   Great for locals advanced golfers wildlife/ scenic views   Challenges include bunkers forced carries undulating greens   Great for drinks watching the game patio dining

"Pleasantly surprised"

shandog31's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/17/2018

I’ve played many Vegas courses and often times the amount of money you pay truly dictates why you can expect to experience in terms of value for your money. However the Red Rock country club Arroyo course was a pleasant surprise. In fact for the money, thisncourse was the best value I’ve seen in Vegas ever.

The course was well maintained, the staff was genuinely friendly, the practice facility was excellent and the lunch I had in the clubhouse was outstanding. I wish the pace of ply was better, but I wasn’t too disappointed that we weren’t able to finish the round because of darkness considering we teed off at 1:50.

The greens were fast, but receptive to well struck shots and chips. The fairways were fair and the rough areas were appropriate for the course. Several sets of tee boxes allowed for my foursome to play to their respective skill level.

My only complaint would be that the sand traps were pretty bad compared to the rest of the course. Some were muddy, some were gravelly, some were soft, and some were hard. Very inconsistent and very much in need of an upgrade.

Overall, the course was fantastic and I would recommend this course to anyone visiting Vegas.

"Tiny rocks on most greend"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/16/2018

Probably great for members. Like playing off parking lot when in bunkers and tiny pebbles(probably wind blown from waste areas) made putting a guessing game, hard to hold your line.

Mohoruk's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/13/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Greens fast but a little bumpy. Enjoyed the round.

"First Time at Arroyo"

rjmicinski76's avatar
Plays:  Once every three months

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

What a nice golf course. I was by my self, so I was put with a group of 3 others, very nice guys that live in Las Vegas and are retired. I had shorts and a light wind breaker on. It got cloudy, it really cooled down. I was not prepared for the cooler weather. The course was a bit of a challenge for me, but the other 3 have played the course before and helped me out. I did better that I thought I would, not losing a single ball. I had a great time golfing.

"Great Beautiful Course"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/12/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

I'm one of those 100+ golfers. Admittedly I have only recently started playing again after a ten year hiatus. This course is both forgiving and challenging if that makes sense. Being in the desert it's refreshing to see a course with not only well manicured greens, but fairways and roughs were also very well groomed. I had a blast. The staff was spot on even as far as cleaning your clubs up on the 18th hole while you were finishing off. I will be back to give this course another shot. My favorite over the last several rounds!

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 02/15/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Arroyo Golf Club! Welcome back to the world of golf! See you again soon.

"Challenging course"

Clint8640443's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/01/2018

Enjoyed this course very much. It was definitely target Golf. You are rewarded for placing tee shot well. If you spray your tee shots this is not the course for you. Very scenic and well placed greens. Look forward to playing again.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 02/07/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Arroyo Golf Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

"Divots for sale"

Jim4499263's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/30/2018

All the greens looked like mine fields and the sand bunkers hardly saw a rake. Pace of play slow. Guess I played the wrong day.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 02/01/2018:

Sorry to hear you did not enjoy your round at Arroyo Golf Club. We have noted your concerns and they will be addressed. Thank you

"Didn't finish but......"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/27/2018
First time playing Used cart Cold weather Verified Purchaser

Course was in decent shape with the greens rolling nicely.

I onlly played 15 holes because its was so slow.

Highlight of the day was seeing OJ on the course.....yes that OJ.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 02/07/2018:

HA! That's funny you saw OJ. Hopefully his golf game was solid. Glad you enjoyed yourself, sorry about the slow pace of play.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/16/2018

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 01/19/2018:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Arroyo Golf Club. Please come back and visit us soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/14/2018

Course was in excellent condition from the tee boxes, fairways to the greens. Greens & fairways are fast. Some of the sand traps the sand was a little bit too hard & not as soft as I would have expected for a course in as great of shape as this one was but nothing too ridiculous or unplayable & as I said before it was only a few. Great layout that's not too hard for the once a month golfer but challenging enough for the more advanced golf. By far one of the most well kept & nicest course I've ever played

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 02/01/2018:

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/11/2018

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 01/16/2018:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Arroyo, please come back and visit us soon.

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/04/2018
First time playing Used cart Verified Purchaser

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 01/12/2018:

"Great value"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 01/04/2018

Hard to beat this value as GN hot deal! Could use some better signage in community and between some tee boxes but otherwise a great golf experience. Staff very helpful and friendly!

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 01/10/2018:

"Wind makes it tough"

HunterGolfs's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/20/2017

Played this course for the first time. Bought a GolfNow pre-paid tee time a few days before, weather forecast was 70 and 5 mph winds. On the day we played the forecast was for 25 to 35 mph winds gusting to 50 mph. We had no choice because we pre-paid and GolfNow doesn't allow you to cancel. It was a joke, driver into the wind 100 yards. Course is wide open so you would find your ball when hitting into a crosswind. The course is not real exciting, a lot of the holes look the same, straight and wide open fairway. There is a good number of sand traps including in the middle of the fairways. We had the course mostly to ourselves, it was just a shame it was so windy. GolfNow should allow cancellation on days when winds are that severe. The course is configured funny. The driving range is about a 1/4 mile from the club house, and the 1st tee is about a 1/4 mile from the clubhouse in the opposite direction from the driving range. Range balls were included and driving range was nice. There was no cart girl due to the lack of players on such a windy day.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 12/27/2017:

Thank you for the kind 5-star review of Arroyo Golf Club. We appreciate the kind words, please come back and visit us soon.

nochemno's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/08/2017

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 12/20/2017:

Thank you for the 4-star review of Arroyo Golf Club, please come back and visit us soon.

aaron4229138's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/03/2017

"great course"

Ken9411092's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/01/2017

Course was in awesome shape. Green were beautiful. Fairways and tee boxes were in great shape. Easy drive from the strip (25 ish minutes). Played on a Friday afternoon and took 45 hours to complete round. Probably not too slow but seemed to drag a bit. You never go buy the clubhouse once you tee off but the beverage cart came buy 4-5 times. Would definitely play again when in town.

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 12/20/2017:

Thank you for the kind words and the 5-star review Ken. When you get back in town we expect you to see you soon! Have a great day!

"Depends what you pay."

dh51334's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/28/2017

Good layout. Long distance from green to next tee. No snack shack at the turn. AMAZING amount of ball marks on the greens. No marshals but kid waiting on 18 to wipe your clubs for a tip. Private course on the property must take priority.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/28/2017

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 12/20/2017:

"Really top notch overall experiece!"

Pauly7914474's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/21/2017

Played Arroyo at Red Rock - got a GN and had a coupon so I paid 85 bucks...truly beautiful setting -took me about 25 minutes to drive there from the south strip...went off in the first group at 7am...nice carts, beautiful pro shop, very friendly fellow in the pro shop...I luckily played with two locals, because the holes are REALLY spaced out from each other...tee boxes great, most fairways very good (a few holes are 90 degree carts becasue they are in recovery mode -we bumped the ball with the foot wedge a little -no big deal...but the highlight (lowlight for my game) was the LIGHTNING fast greens...above the hole was a three jack everytime...really a treat to play on such fast, tour-like greens! Views of Red Rock area superb...also, all kinds of tee choices...we played blues and had a blast! This is a really fun course with a private club feel at daily fee prices...nit the cheapest course in Vegas, but overall my new favorite!

Response from Arroyo Golf Club on 12/20/2017:

Thank you for the 5-star review of Arroyo! Please come back and visit us some time soon.