Style Links

At Red Rock Country Club, Arnold Palmer has created an escape from desert golf with a lush green course that forces golfers to think over their shots. As you're thinking, a waterfall could be crashing in the background. There are actually two Palmer courses here, but only The Arroyo is open for public play.

It measures in at 6,883 yards from the back tees and uses dramatic bunkering to set off its holes. The par 4s are particularly inventive, especially the 432-yard 4th. The par-3 seventh gives you great views of The Strip in the distance. The greens consistently run 10-11 on the Stimpmeter and the fairways are designed to funnel shots that are not overly wild back into decent lies.

"The Arroyo Course is what it is -- a playable course with stunning scenery and a smattering of decent golf holes," former TravelGolf.com writer Shane Sharp said. "It won't provide as memorable a round as Sin City's big-name resort courses, but the price is relative. If you're looking for a course to include in your annual Vegas rotation, Arroyo would be a nice addition, considering its conditioning and scenery."

Arroyo Golf Club at Red Rock

Year Built 2003
Greens Bent/Rye Grass
Architect Arnold Palmer (2003) Ed Seay (2003)

Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Commented on 02/11/2020

Hello, t2021463909. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Fun course

Arroyo is a fun golf course as its not very demanding off the tee but still offers plenty of challenges.

Commented on 01/28/2020

Hi rturner. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Arroyo Golf Club.

The last hole is the only hole you'll remember...

The course was in great condition and the staff was pleasant but I have nothing good to say about the layout...

Over rated

Uninteresting not worth the money many more vegas courses with better routines hole 18 was probably the only real golf hole on the course

daslinker
Commented on 01/04/2020

What's a "better routine"?
Numbers 2, 3, 4, 8, 12, 13 & 18 are all challenging, the thick rough can be difficult, the greens are quick with subtle breaks and the conditions are consistently better than almost all golf courses in that price range in town. I play there regularly by choice- and I have 11 courses in Las Vegas that I can play within 20 minutes of my house. No way this is a "poor" golf course- and especially so when matched up against others in its price range.

Good value

Course was in very good condition and well maintained. We enjoyed playing here.

Commented on 12/03/2019

Your feedback is important to us, vinnyscala. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Arroyo Golf Club.

Challenging course

I’m a Vegas local and this is the first time I played here. My experience was excellent, course was in great shape and greens were fast. Thick rough makes it a priority to hit fairways. Plenty of tee selections for all types of golfers.

Commented on 12/03/2019

Hi shovelguy5. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Arroyo Golf Club.

The course winds thru the red rock community, so you need to take a cart!

I have played the course lots of times, & this is the BEST it has ever been!

Rough is up, fairways are cut nice, & the greens were lightning fast !

Played the course using my GOLF PASS membership, which is also something I highly recommend!

Nevada Advisor

Always enjoy playing here!

Arroyo's fast, hard greens and thick, "sticky" rough means fairways and greens are a must, because unless you're an accomplished, low-hdcp golfer, hitting full shots out of the rough will be dicey and chips are... simply bewildering. I've played here for years and I still haven't learned how to chip here (someone do a YouTube video, please!). That's not a knock on Red Rock- the greens putt pretty smooth and true if you avoid the pitch marks that are left from lazy idiots who don't fix them and sunflower seed droppings that brainless, inconsiderate buffoons leave. The fairways are good and wide enough and there's a nice mix of some difficult, some easy and a lot of moderate holes to make for a fun day. When you're in the rough (like me!), hey- you hit it there, deal with it. Hope for a good lie!
The sand was fine- but with a couple of problems: One, drain filter cloth sticks out here and there making some bunker shots worrisome and quite a lot of the traps are littered with a lot of rocks. Luckily the new rules let you remove them.
On the whole, Red Rock is a good, and truly a fair course. Maybe nothing real "special", there's no water to speak of except on one par-3, but it's still a little above the normal mid-range course here in town. Yes, challenging rough, but well-struck shots are certainly rewarded, too. There are 3 reachable par-5s (from the blue tees) and 4 very different par-3s keeping your interest, as well as a few demanding tee shots on some par-4s. Conditions are usually above average for Las Vegas, too- except of course during overseeding (usually September and May, if I recall).
Solid course- good shots are rewarded, bad ones are often punished and except for an absolutely diabolical green on #5, it's just a plain, fun track.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Thank you for your review, daslinker. We appreciate such a thorough review and it gives us a better opportunity to make changes where needed. Thank you and we hope to see you back!

Poor Course Management

great course conditions but horrible course management resulted in an almost six hour round. Didn’t see a marshal until 16 who really didn’t care after asking about the round. I understand the course needs to make money but stacking rounds on top of tournaments makes for a very poor experience. Second, yardage is poorly marked on the course. Sprinkler heads are far and few between - most without yardage - some with incorrect yardage. All add up to slower play. Note to players: play the tee box that matches your skill not your ego! Played behind a group hitting from the blacks that couldn’t hit a fairway to save their life...long frustrating day.

Commented on 11/14/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u000007097844. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Commented on 11/14/2019

Hi cprodanos. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (866) 934-4653 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Arroyo Golf Club!

nice course

Had a great time playing Arroyo for the first time. The guys I played with knew the course which kept me out of trouble most of the time. Thanks to Jose and Brandon for a fun day.

Swinging the stix

I really enjoyed Golfing here today..beautiful day on this immaculate course..very impressed on the layout and condition of fairways and greens..I will return again..and the cart-girl was very cute and friendly..I’ll be back!

Commented on 11/05/2019

jett2ivyy, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Arroyo Golf Club.

Commented on 10/16/2019

Hi u000005783187. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (866) 934-4653 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Arroyo at Red Rock Country Club!

Slow Play

We booked a 1:24 tee time on Friday the 11th of October. We teed off at 2;00. When we got to the second hole there was a group teeing off and 3 more waiting ahead of us. Front 9 was over 3 hours and we were on hole 13 when it got to dark to play anymore. Was told they had two tournaments that day but were offered nothing for compensation for the slow play and not being able to finish the round. Would definitely recommend calling the course before play. We booked on Golfnow so had no choice but to play. Other than the slow play the course was nice. Flew from Kansas with our clubs and were extremely disappointed we didn't get a full round in.

Commented on 10/16/2019

Hi u000001010937. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Arroyo at Red Rock Country Club.

Not the Country Club Course

This golf t-time was advertised as Arroyo GC at "Red Rock". If you do not know there is two courses at this venue, you think you are playing the CC course at RedRock. NOT!! There is a CC course (members only) and a Public Course for the general public, Arroyo. The Arroyo Course is the Public course, which is not a quality course as far as condition and quality. The GolfNow listing was a bit "misleading" and dependent on you knowing the facility had two courses and the listing was for the lesser quality "Public" course.

daslinker
Commented on 01/04/2020

Completely disagree with your assessment that this course isn't a quality track and has poor conditions. I play there regularly and it is a fair course- good shots are rewarded and bad ones usually punished. Also, the conditions are better than almost every other area golf course in the same price range. Sounds to me like you're just angry that you didn't get to play the private course.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Hi golferdude26! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note of the confusion on GolfNow and we hope to see you back!

Must Play

Course was in good shape. Looks like some of the fairways had been verticut but not an issue. Greens were awesome. Staff was awesome. Second time I have played and will keep it on my list on my trips to Vegas.

Commented on 10/07/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Ken9411092! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Las Vegas!

4.0219588235

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.