Red Rock Country Club, Arroyo Course - View from #14

Style Links

At Red Rock Country Club, Arnold Palmer has created an escape from desert golf with a lush green course that forces golfers to think over their shots. As you're thinking, a waterfall could be crashing in the background. There are actually two Palmer courses here, but only The Arroyo is open for public play.

It measures in at 6,883 yards from the back tees and uses dramatic bunkering to set off its holes. The par 4s are particularly inventive, especially the 432-yard 4th. The par-3 seventh gives you great views of The Strip in the distance. The greens consistently run 10-11 on the Stimpmeter and the fairways are designed to funnel shots that are not overly wild back into decent lies.

"The Arroyo Course is what it is -- a playable course with stunning scenery and a smattering of decent golf holes," former TravelGolf.com writer Shane Sharp said. "It won't provide as memorable a round as Sin City's big-name resort courses, but the price is relative. If you're looking for a course to include in your annual Vegas rotation, Arroyo would be a nice addition, considering its conditioning and scenery."

Arroyo Golf Club at Red Rock

Year Built 2003
Greens Bent/Rye Grass
Architect Arnold Palmer (2003) Ed Seay (2003)

Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Snacks

Clubhouse

Commented on 10/16/2020

Hi u158195367. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (866) 934-4653 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Arroyo Golf Club!

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello, u000001400146. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Arroyo Golf Club.

Great Service/Slow Pace of Play/Weird Course Layout

Starting with the good. The bag drop is staffed and they will take your things and get the cart all set up. The carts have some great amenities like gps, Bluetooth speakers and USB ports. The staff was all very friendly. We saw the drink cart about every 1.5 hours. The course was in good condition. The grass looked great and the fairways and greens were tidy. Bunkers though were shallow and had a lot of rocks.
We started at 1:45 and finished at 7. So roughly 5 hours. Hole 1 we were waiting about 15 min before teeing off. Through the rest of the course we waited about 5 min at each tee box for the group ahead to hit their shots and move out. Horrendous pace of play for a course that sells for about $130 per person.
The course seemed to be designed and constructed as an afterthought to the housing development there. Hole 1 is far away from the club house (0.3 miles on google maps). You’ll play about 3 holes and then you’ll need to drive through some more neighborhoods before you get to the next couple set of holes. At the end of the day you’ll have spent a fair amount of time driving through suburbia.
Overall fun to play, great carts and staff but for slow pace of play and a very residential course I wouldn’t recommend it for $130/person. In my opinion I wouldn’t play it again unless I found it for $40 or less.

Commented on 09/30/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, valstucki. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Arroyo Golf Club!

Course layout was nice, but fairways were being aerated

This was the first time I played this course based on recommendation by a friend. I must say that the course layout was nice with some challenging but fair holes. Unfortunately, during my round I noticed that the fairways were not in the greatest condition (perhaps aeration in preparation for the fall/winter??) Also, the greens had a few brown spots as well. For the $140 price (non-resident green fee) I guess I expected a lot more. I've played quite a few golf courses in the Las Vegas area that were less expensive and in much better condition. The course should have offered a discounted rate given the course conditions.
Also, this course is definitely NOT walkable. Carts are highly encouraged. There were quite a few holes where the green to the next tee box was a far cart drive. But since our group all had carts, our round took the typical 4-4:30 hrs.
Despite of my comments about course conditions, I am sure when the course is in prime shape it would be a far more enjoyable experience. So I'd give it another play when conditions are better.

Commented on 09/30/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, kcd5657. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Arroyo Golf Club!

Poor staff response to my COVID concerns

I have played this course several times and enjoy playing it. Recently, the course has decided to place a flimsy piece of plastic in their carts and then they try to make you ride with another player. I am in the healthcare field and am not comfortable with this. I brought up my concern to the pro shop attendant that I would like my own cart due to the COVID situation. He said, "we have a plastic divider in the cart for your concerns". I said, but your website clearly states that every player that has a regular tee time will be given their own cart. (see attached photo). He again said, " but that is why we have dividers in the cart". I again, said I am not comfortable with that, and given your own policy on the website, I should be allowed my own cart. He said, he will have to have that looked at and changed but "we will see if we can get you an individual cart, but we are busy today." I said, that there is no "see if we can", I need to be given my own cart as I am not comfortable with the divider, and their own policy allows me to have an individual cart. At that point, he just looked at me. I then said, so we agree that I can have my own cart?. He again chose to not answer me, looked down at his computer and ignored the question. I said so I guess the conversation is done? Again, he didn't answer.
I walked out of the pro shop furious at the service. I ended up getting my own cart, but it should never have been an issue or a dispute in the first place. Management needs to seriously re-evaluate how they are going to deal with this situation with the safety of their patrons in mind and their staff needs to be educated on how to deal with concerns professionally.

Commented on 09/17/2020

Hi, kcd5657. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Arroyo Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

First Time

Great course! Greens were great! Beautiful surroundings! Would definitely play again and look forward in it!

Commented on 10/14/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, chaseit! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/17/2020

stevehohenshil, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (866) 934-4653. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Fix your traps

Course is in excellent condition BUT fix your traps should have at least 2 inches of sand not a half inch

Commented on 08/21/2020

Hi gfugi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Arroyo Golf Club.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Arroyo Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 07/23/2020

Hi, McVegas. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Arroyo Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 07/13/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u314159893601. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Commented on 07/15/2020

We want to hear more about your experience with us! Please give us at call! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 07/13/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, McVegas. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Commented on 07/08/2020

Hi u000006051699. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (866) 934-4653 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Arroyo Golf Club!

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hello, u189922783. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Arroyo Golf Club.

Beautiful Morning

I played this a.m. and thoroughly enjoyed the course. Tough greens and the rough was a little heavy which I got caught in a handful of times. I did manage 7- 1 putts and the Birdie on #8 made the highlights of my round today

Commented on 07/15/2020

Hi NOverstreet. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. 7 - 1 putts!?!? Nice work! Thank you for playing Arroyo Golf Club.

Tough rough

The course is in dollar condition couldn’t ask for more the roughs are perfect for a PGA tour golfer, if you know how to hit out of long Ralph’s by coming down and striking the ball pure you’ll Enjoy this course immensely, beautifully manicured.

Commented on 07/15/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u000007354190! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Public/Resort