Style Links

At Red Rock Country Club, Arnold Palmer has created an escape from desert golf with a lush green course that forces golfers to think over their shots. As you're thinking, a waterfall could be crashing in the background. There are actually two Palmer courses here, but only The Arroyo is open for public play.

It measures in at 6,883 yards from the back tees and uses dramatic bunkering to set off its holes. The par 4s are particularly inventive, especially the 432-yard 4th. The par-3 seventh gives you great views of The Strip in the distance. The greens consistently run 10-11 on the Stimpmeter and the fairways are designed to funnel shots that are not overly wild back into decent lies.

"The Arroyo Course is what it is -- a playable course with stunning scenery and a smattering of decent golf holes," former TravelGolf.com writer Shane Sharp said. "It won't provide as memorable a round as Sin City's big-name resort courses, but the price is relative. If you're looking for a course to include in your annual Vegas rotation, Arroyo would be a nice addition, considering its conditioning and scenery."

Arroyo Golf Club at Red Rock

Year Built 2003
Greens Bent/Rye Grass
Architect Arnold Palmer (2003) Ed Seay (2003)

Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Commented on 10/16/2019

Hi u000005783187. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (866) 934-4653 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Arroyo at Red Rock Country Club!

Slow Play

We booked a 1:24 tee time on Friday the 11th of October. We teed off at 2;00. When we got to the second hole there was a group teeing off and 3 more waiting ahead of us. Front 9 was over 3 hours and we were on hole 13 when it got to dark to play anymore. Was told they had two tournaments that day but were offered nothing for compensation for the slow play and not being able to finish the round. Would definitely recommend calling the course before play. We booked on Golfnow so had no choice but to play. Other than the slow play the course was nice. Flew from Kansas with our clubs and were extremely disappointed we didn't get a full round in.

Commented on 10/16/2019

Hi u000001010937. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Arroyo at Red Rock Country Club.

Not the Country Club Course

This golf t-time was advertised as Arroyo GC at "Red Rock". If you do not know there is two courses at this venue, you think you are playing the CC course at RedRock. NOT!! There is a CC course (members only) and a Public Course for the general public, Arroyo. The Arroyo Course is the Public course, which is not a quality course as far as condition and quality. The GolfNow listing was a bit "misleading" and dependent on you knowing the facility had two courses and the listing was for the lesser quality "Public" course.

Commented on 10/11/2019

Hi golferdude26! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note of the confusion on GolfNow and we hope to see you back!

Must Play

Course was in good shape. Looks like some of the fairways had been verticut but not an issue. Greens were awesome. Staff was awesome. Second time I have played and will keep it on my list on my trips to Vegas.

Commented on 10/07/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Ken9411092! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Las Vegas!

Course was in superb condition only flaw was the amount of unrepaired pitch marks on the greens, fairways were like hitting off driving range mats

Commented on 09/19/2019

Thank you for your review, u2806189. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Arroyo at Red Rock Country Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/19/2019

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, tony77785. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed from your round with us. Thanks for choosing us!

Mediocre

Decent facility nice staff and course in I'd say 4 outa 5 condition. However, layout kinda sucks pretty bad there's a point where you drive 5 minutes through neighborhood to a par 3 then 5 minutes again to get to 8. Some holes are good layout but overall 18, kinda stupid. Good enough condition though

Commented on 09/19/2019

Hello, u205027845. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Hairy bumpy greens

The course is good and not a huge challenge but when the greens come back after the punching holes and sanding it will play better. I probably won’t be back anytime soon but if the course heals then I might consider coming back.

Commented on 09/04/2019

Hi Charles, we appreciate you taking time to leave us a review. The course does usually heal quite quickly, we hope you'll book another round with us soon to see the results firsthand!

Where is the Marshall?

I remember now why I don't play here very often. it is excruciatingly slow. The 3s-me in front of us were not smart enough to fog a mirror...but all three were giving each other on course lessons while the group ahead of them was 2 holes ahead. The first time we saw a Marshall was on 16 green and he was just out joy riding.

Commented on 07/08/2019

Hi Bill, we appreciate you taking time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear pace of play didn't quite meet your expectations. If you'd like to speak with someone in the Pro Shop about your experience, please give us a call at (702) 258-2300. We hope to see you again soon!

Jewel of west

Great course was in fine condition greens hard to read wasn’t very consistent could have been the weather, it was the first 100 degree day of the season. Staff was friendly and had cart filled and ready. Great for the $$$. Will be back soon

Commented on 06/10/2019

We're glad to hear it! Thanks for the 4-star review, be sure to book another round with us soon.

Commented on 06/07/2019

Thanks for the 4-star review!

Must play

Love this course. Overall conditions were excellent along with the pace of play. Staff was super friendly. I will play this course again.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Hi Mike, thanks for the 5-star review! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 05/24/2019

Hi rermeling, we're sorry to see your round at Arroyo was anything less than 5 stars. Please give us a call at (702) 258-2300, we'd like to hear about your experience and figure out how we can make things right.

Love this Course

I have played this course a good number of times this year ... they finally cut the rough and now the course conditions are near perfect ... the rough is green and thick and presnets a challenge but you can find your ball without a problem.. the greens are in great shape and run fast down grain (away from the westerly mountains) and at a moderate pace into the grain ... traps have plenty of sand and the fairways are well grassed ... I play many of the local courses and this is my favorite when it comes to excellent value, a challenging round and members who do not mind letting faster groups play through

Commented on 05/28/2019

We're glad to hear you enjoyed your round at Arroyo, Rat King. Be sure to book another round with us soon!

Commented on 05/23/2019

Thanks for the 4-star review, RB! We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/23/2019

Thanks for the 5-star review, Jim! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nice layout; good condition; but CUT THE DANG ROUGH

So, I have played this course a number of times and it is challenging and usually in good condition ; but the rough has gotten ridiculous the last few times I have played it... you end up spending a ridiculous amount of time looking for your ball that is barely out of the fairway; pros have spotters to find their ball in high rough; but amateurs like me do not .. I use a brigh yellow ProV1 and end up losing 1 or 2 during 18 holes there just because the dang rough is 3 plus inches high... i don't mind the challenge of hitting out of the rough and on this round from the blacks shot 77 ... but my playing partner and i are about out of patience with the rough length.. it just doesn't make any sense for daily play... that said, the staff is wonderful, particularly Marilesa who is sometimes the cart firl and sometimes the bartender... she is so kind and attentive ... and the cart guys rock too...

Commented on 05/15/2019

We appreciate your honesty, Tim. Thanks for taking time to leave us a review. Congrats on the 77, definitely not an easy feat from the black tees!

Commented on 04/29/2019

Thanks for the 4-star review, we appreciate you taking time to rate us on Golf Advisor.

Good Track

Solid course - love the many courses in this area and beautiful desert styles

Valid dates: Dec 01, 2019 - Mar 01, 2020