Style Desert/Links

Forget everything you've heard about that gentler, kinder Pete Dye at Paiute. When you step onto the Wolf Course at the Las Vegas Paiute Resort, the legendary architect with the cold hacker heart returns. And then some. The newest of the three Paiute courses, comes in at a staggering 7,604 yards.

And it's an isolated 7,604 yards. You don't only get lost in your round here. You could almost literally get lost in the desert with a few wrong turns off the cart path. Drives that go flying off target deep into the desert areas are unlikely to found by another human ever. A rattlesnake might be keeping your Pro V1s company for the rest of their days. This is stunning scenery, capable of leaving the most cynical hacker open mouthed.

Paiute Wolf is just a far enough drive away from the Sin City hustle that it's likely the top, high-end course you can easily get on last minute in the Vegas valley. It also might be the best of them all.

Paiute Golf Resort - Wolf
Tournament 72 7604 yards 75.5 145
Yellow 72 6483 yards 70.7 126
Scorecard for Wolf
Tournament M: 75.5/145 433 412 580 223 413 537 495 206 496 3795 568 386 209 563 492 182 427 486 496 3809 7604
Black M: 72.6/131 398 369 540 192 396 499 470 177 446 3487 517 359 181 527 452 162 407 441 476 3522 7009
Yellow M: 70.7/126 382 333 524 181 376 480 410 165 431 3282 490 325 167 487 438 138 367 361 428 3201 6483
White M: 67.8/122 W: 73.2/129 346 279 501 163 340 452 373 148 381 2983 473 289 137 456 413 110 317 337 395 2927 5910
Red W: 68.4/118 277 259 412 137 278 389 332 123 328 2535 440 244 121 429 342 98 306 281 334 2595 5130

Year Built 2001
Fairways Winter Rye Grass
Architect Pete Dye (2001) Perry Dye (2001) Joe T. Jemsek (2001)

Pull-carts No

Driving Range Yes - 40 tees

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Playing Multiple Courses 73

A great day on the course with my daughter

Perfect weather (mid to high 70’s) greens rolling around 10.5 fairways in good shape, tee boxes were in good shape. We heard a lot of comments regarding the course playing very windy. We either got very lucky or we are not afraid of wind. Would definitely play this course again when back in Vegas. It was a great bonding day with my daughter who played scholarship golf.

My local course

I live about 10 minutes from Las Vegas Paiute Golf course. I play Wolf, Sun and Snow twice a month. Wolf is by far the toughest of the three, but all three are fun courses. With Wolf, if you are off the fairway, typically your ball is going to disappear. However, you will probably find two others while looking in the desert foliage. The wind blows pretty stiff on most days, especially when it warms up. Great value as a local for the money. the course is very well maintained. Greens are usually very fast, and wind is a big factor, even on the greens.

Wonderful Course

Challenging, well maintained course. Would make a point of playing this course again when Vegas.

Challenging

I took my 13 & 15 year old sons out to play. We had a great time with lots of laughs. At times the course will bite you with challenging tee shots to well placed bunkers. Stray off the fairway and kiss that ball good bye. Near 40 degrees and wind at our start added to toughness. Absolutely loved the island green. Very cool. Course was in surprisingly good shape for temps and time of year. I would love to go back and play the other courses. We will return.

Beautiful and peaceful place!

Wide and well maintained fairways, with a design that will challenge your long game. The view is spectacular and the facilities and carts are amazing! Highly recommended

course is in great condition

The course was in great condition. It was windy (as usual) but today the wind blew balls off of the greens.

Great Course but unfortunately the staff was dishonest

I hate to write reviews like this and it is especially difficult in tha I like the golf course a great deal. Essentially what happened is that Paiute requires you to return your power carts to the cart cleaning area and you cannot drive to your car to unload the clubs and gear. When I did this with my son we inadvertently (obviously) left a new $500 laser range finder in the cart. By the time we got to the car with our clubs which we were required to pick up at the club drop off area we didn't notice the missing range finder. I did notice the next morning and called the pro shop bright and early only to be told that after a check with staff that no one reported finding the range finder,. I was told to call back later that day which I did to no avail.
We had used used the range finder on the last hole and we are certain it was in the cart when we finished. I am a stickler for honesty and knowing this expensive piece of golf gear was stolen by Paiute staff is very disappointing. We visit Las Vegas frequently as my wife's parents live there. We were just there this past weekend and I wanted to play Paiute but couldn't bring myself to do it because of this very un customer friendly situation. I played the excellent TPC course instead.
I realize they don't pay the cart guys much but that day we gave them a nice $5 tip for cleaning the clubs and our reward was a stolen Bushnell Pro X2 Range Finder.

I'm over that but will not return to Paiute due to the unapologetic attitude. from the shop staff. I would be very angry if it were my course and knew the staff was stealing from patrons.

Virginia Advisor

World Class Golf Destination

Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort is a premier destination if you love immaculate conditions, challenging layouts, and breathtaking scenery. Though only the second LV course I’ve played, it’s hard to imagine public golf gets any better than this!

I played the Wolf course, deemed by many to be the toughest of the three courses here. Certainly the back nine will test your whole game, but especially your short game just like many other Pete Dye masterpieces. Undulating fairways and rough mean you often have an uneven lie on approach. Mounds and bunkers around the greens demand precision and accuracy. The greens are a welcome respite with little tiering or undulation and only gradual breaks. Getting and staying on them is the real challenge with the contours that surround them and I often found myself painfully short-sided that denied me any chance of par. My only real complaint on the layout is there are several holes that look very similar from the tee. Few play the same from tee-to-green but thinking back through the round only a few hours removed, there’s a bit a of a blur on which hole was which. I was told by my local playing partners that the other courses here suffer from the same identity crisis.

No matter what course you play the overwhelming greatest attribute of Paiute is the conditioning, which is second to none. Golf Advisor should add a sixth star just for this course. I’ve played several $100+ courses including TPC Sawgrass and this one beats them all for lush, even grass from tee to green that is an absolute joy to play on. Despite the heavy traffic, the greens mostly rolled smoothly and predictably and are among the fastest I’ve ever played. Bunkers are pristine and groomed. With a few more ball marks repaired and divots filled...this place is ready for a PGA Tour event, like, tomorrow.

Away from the course itself, Paiute matches it with stellar off-course amenities as well as on course. Full practice facilities with a grass range, separate putting and chiping/pitching green (complete with a practice bunker), free range balls, ball washers at every tee, fast electric carts with GPS, USB charge points, bottles of water in the attached coolers, and auto-stop feature means your cart will never roll away on you. Then there’s the great clubhouse and awesome food (although not during my visit, there apparently was a propane shortage and many of the items on the menu were unavailable).

Popularity comes with a cost: pace. 4:40 by my count, which wouldn’t be terrible for a Sunday in peak season but for a 11:30 am tee time on a Monday in bumper season..that seems a bit much. Still, I saw a marshall twice during my round and the GPS screen tells you if you’re falling behind. The course does an admirable job of facilitating faster play with liberal cart rules and access points, yardage markers everywhere (and the aforementioned GPS), and a thorough preview by your starter. But this is still a Pete Dye course, and this is still Las Vegas, so don’t expect to blaze through in 3 hours.

The staff is very professional and yes, there’s a cart girl though we didn’t encounter her until the back nine. There’s a valet bag drop and they wipe down your clubs after your round. You definitely get your money’s worth when it comes to the all-around experience.

Speaking of money’s worth, Paiute ain’t cheap (Wolf course is the most expensive and tops out around $200). That said, if you’re familiar with Las Vegas, you’re probably used to the cost of things and for what you get this resort is actually a very good value. Three full courses with such good conditions and if you get a GolfNow deal you can easily find tee times for under $100.

This was by far my most pleasant Pete Dye experience and all the credit goes to the management here. Great job by them to make “Dye-abolical” golf experience a truly fun one.

Always again

Payed this course 3 years ago; very nice design and playable course. Course speed was ok. Very nice clubhouse with good food.

Long and straight

Course is amazing plain and simple granted a few small things knock it in my eyes. Played as myself today had a group of 4 in front of me and no one at all was behind me, at all. Hit your tee shot long and straight anything that kicks into the brush or rocks is a goner, snakes and other desert critters are there. Winds play a factor as well, but today there winds were dead to min. Never saw a course marshall, saw the cart girl once. Playing the back half took just about 3 hours, we had 2 groups of 4, 3 and the 4 some who tee'd off when i did Alot of small rolling hill on the Wolf course make challenge for every shot. Excellent food and service at the turn, as well as staff when your done with the game at cart turn in. Granted asked if i needed my bags brought to bag drop i said no thanks, and never saw any staff again at cart turn in. Small things would help like seeing a course marshall a few times, beer cans tossed in the fairways and the group in front of me decided to have one guy piggy back ride the back of a golf cart.

wind tunnel

I play the wolf course today for the first time. it was in really good shape and a fair layout. i played from the back tees which was extremely trough with 40 mph wind. i highly recommend playing this course for the hard test that it is.

Georgia Advisor

AWESOME Course in FANTASTIC condition

This was my first time playing at Las Vegas Paiute. The course was was everything I could have hoped for!

The course was in fantastic shape and has a great practice facility. The fairways, tees, greens, rough, bunkers (all were in fantastic shape and condition). I don't know how the course and conditions could have been better.

All the staff was great from the pro-shop staff to the starter to the bag drop people . Everyone provided a warm welcome and was very friendly. The starter told me the best piece of advice for playing the Wolf course. He said, "the greens do not break as much as you think." That was fantastic advice because he was 100% correct. The greens rolled straight and true.

It was a little windy the afternoon (thank goodness. The temperature was 102). The wind made the course play more challenging because tee shots that were slightly offline were blown into the desert.

If I am ever back here in Las Vegas again with time for golf, this will DEFINATELY be a course I return to and play again. One of the highlights was hole #15 a par 3 island green. Awesome to have an island green in the middle of the desert.

Great day at the Wolf.

Went with a buddy while on vacation in Vegas. The course was in great shape and we caught a great day for July in the desert. It's worth the extra drive to get there, take Uber if you can it's about $50 cheaper each way than cab if you're coming from the strip. The grill was good too, had the club sandwich, and the staff was helpful and friendly. Next time I'm in Vegas I will go back to try the other courses.

My favorite Paiute

Have played Snow and /Sun mountain course at Paiute and was looking forward to playing the wolf. This course turned out to be my favorite of the three. Nice big golf course with room off the tee and junto play. Conditions were outstanding. The fairways did not have a mark on them. Caught a great day with low wind, it was hot but no wind. Do your self a favor and play any Paiute course but the Wolf is my favorite. It is just a little bit bigger and more exciting than the other two.

Request A Vacation Quote From Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
North Las Vegas, Nevada

Valid dates: Apr 18, 2019 - Sep 30, 2019
Come experience why Golf Digest awarded our course with Four Stars and recognized us on their Top 50 Great Service Facilities List.