Nicklaus 72 6513 yards 71.9 140
Scorecard for Bears Best Atlanta Golf Club
Gold M: 73.3/143 429 369 148 355 414 154 579 409 554 3411 339 180 521 417 559 348 167 415 467 3413 6824
Nicklaus M: 71.9/140 405 337 145 353 399 151 519 379 529 3217 331 177 518 413 556 342 163 375 421 3296 6513
Blue M: 70.1/137 390 314 134 316 360 147 489 370 509 3029 323 163 475 381 532 316 151 355 413 3109 6138
Blue/White M: 69.3/130 387 314 134 316 338 147 481 370 474 2961 323 163 414 352 506 316 151 301 356 2882 5843
White M: 68.0/126 W: 73.7/135 387 296 110 292 338 121 481 306 474 2805 315 155 414 352 506 279 141 301 356 2819 5624
Red W: 68.7/121 342 172 78 182 270 99 428 254 427 2252 282 80 386 308 432 275 128 277 305 2473 4725

Year Built 2002
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2002)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Entertaining Clients 42

Commented On 2019-02-04T18:45:05.000+00:00

Wonderful! Come back soon!

Awesome layout

Great weather day provided a fun golf afternoon. The course was full of golfers but moved at a good pace. Course layout was awesome and in spite of extremely rainy Winter in pretty good shape for early February in Georgia. I would like to play it again in Spring or Fall when fairways are not dormant and bent grass greens can be cut and rolled.

Commented On 2019-02-04T18:44:57.000+00:00

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also glad that you were able to play at a good pace. We appreciate you review and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

staff friendly

Course was in good shape despite heavy rain earlier week. Pro shop Marty Topper was very friendly.

I'll definitely play again

Commented On 2019-02-04T18:42:26.000+00:00

Outstanding! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and we're glad that Marty left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Bear's Best Atlanta!

Nice round, great day

First off, after some miscommunication, Marty was accommodating to that fact and revised our tee time for the error. Thanks for taking care of us buddy, see you soon.

Commented On 2019-01-24T22:01:13.000+00:00

Awesome! We're pleased that we were able to get everything squared away for your tee time and that Marty was helpful. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Slow pace but fun. Cart path only and wetness killed the old men in front of us but greens were fast and challenging.

Commented On 2019-01-22T21:40:58.000+00:00

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We appreciate your feedback and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Lazy

This was a special pre-Christmas fire start event. The event was understaffed. Marshall's did not take care of pace of play. We were not told in advance that no food or drink would be available after tee off. Truly ill-mannered. We had to skip holes and go around others in order to get out of there in 5 hours!

Commented On 2018-12-27T16:26:28.000+00:00

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We strive to provide a great experience for all of our guests. We would love the chance to speak to you more about your time with us. Please reach out to our General Manager, Ian Grimwade, at Ian.Grimwade@clubcorp.com. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Bear's Best Suwanee

Staff very friendly and helpful. Good facilities. Cart path only when played so a slower pace - may be wrong but would guess fairways hold water longer causing more cart path only situations. Good course and will consider playing again; however, a bit pricey.

Commented On 2018-12-21T15:03:54.000+00:00

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We apologize that the pace was a little slow and we appreciate your feedback. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Commented On 2018-12-21T15:02:44.000+00:00

Outstanding! Come back soon!

Disappointed

This is the first time I have played the course in for or five years and was very disappointed with the direction the course has gone.

It started off with having to now pay $10 for range balls, next I totally understand it was a holiday weekend and the course was going to be crowded but did expect to have a course regular hit into our group four times (our group was staying in pace the the groups in front), next the course was in bad condition as I had played the Georgia Club two days prior and that course was less expensive and in great condition.

Commented On 2018-11-27T15:58:42.000+00:00

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us. We strive to provide all of our guests with a great experience and we'd love to learn more about your time with us. Please reach out to our General Manager, Ian Grimwade, at Ian.Grimwade@clubcorp.com. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Rude Staff

Employees at this course are never friendly . Customer service has always been low priority. Not sure if u r allowed to smile if u work at Bears. Worst GPS screens of all time. They wasted their money.

Commented On 2018-11-06T20:29:58.000+00:00

Thank your for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us and that our staff didn't leave a great impression on you. We strive to provide our guests with the best experience possible. We would love the chance to speak to you more about your experience with us. Please reach out to us at bearsbestatl@gmail.com your earliest convenience. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Poor staff

As with a number of reviews of Bears Best, the staff acts as if they don't want you there. The last time I played there I had a 8 AM tee time on a weekday as a single. When I showed up at about 730, I was told that I was pushed back until 820 because 2 foursomes of members wanted to be the first groups off. Obviously, so did I as I made the tee time to be the first one off! I was paired with another guy who had a similar experience. Then we were then told that even though we were a two-some, we would not be allowed to play through the 2 groups of foursomes because we would run into the mowers. I play at a number of courses in Atlanta as a single and early in the morning. Most courses just ask you to be curious to the mowers and if you run into them, let them do their thing before you play the hole. There is never a problem doing that, but not at Bears Best. In addition, if you don't get a special, Bears Best is way over priced versus other courses around Atlanta. While I do like the course itself, the way the staff acts, they obviously don't want "non-members" there, so I won't go back.

Commented On 2018-11-09T20:21:22.000+00:00

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your experience with us and that our staff didn't leave a great impression on you. We strive to provide our guests with the best experience possible and we're disappointed that you didn't. We would love the chance to speak to you more about your time with us. Please reach out to our General Manager, Ian Grimwade, at 678.714.2582 x7 or via email at ian.grimwade@clubcorp.com. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Bear's Best

The name of the course refers to the individual holes, as each are replicas of some of Nicklaus' best holes from around the world. It is a very enjoyable concept, as there is a great variety of fun and interesting holes throughout the course. The course itself is fun and in great shape.

Our only issue was the guy that checked us in mentioned casually that they had squeezed some extra tee-times in throughout the afternoon, causing a significant back up. Our 3:00pm tee-time that should have not been an issue was cut short by about 3-4 holes due to darkness. Had we finished out the round we would have easily topped 5 hours.

If you're going to squeeze extra golfers (well after we had booked our time) a slight discount would have been appreciated, or at least a heads up more than 5 minutes before our scheduled tee time. This is not a course we frequent, so we were looking forward to enjoying it and weren't able to fully. We were either waiting to take many of our shots, or rushing to try and beat the sunset.

I will probably try this course again sometime and hope that the pace issue is better.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 10/08/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and the challenge of our layout. We do apologize that you weren't able to play at a good pace and we appreciate your feedback. We will make sure to use your review to help us improve moving forward. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

A bit underwhleming

Wanted to play for this curse for some time, grabbed a hot deal for ~50% off retail. Course layout is supposed to be a compilation of Jack Nicklaus best 18 holes from courses around the world. I've played a couple of these courses and the holes are do not resemble those courses very closely. Due to this feature, the course lack's it's own character. The greens were for the most part flat, except one hole. Staff was friendly. Glad I played it finally, likey not coming back. There are better local options at better prices.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 10/03/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're glad that our staff left a great impression on you but we apologize that you didn't enjoy our layout. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you will give us another try in the future!

Great round on a Saturday morning

Bear's Best is a great course and it is very challenging.

Course conditions were excellent.

Play moved at a great pace.

Course is very well managed.

Looking forward to playing there again soon.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 10/01/2018:
Outstanding! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed the challenge it presented. We're also glad that you were able to play at a good pace. We can't wait to have you back again soon at Bear' Best Atlanta!
Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 09/24/2018:
Great! Come back soon!

This course was great!

I had a great time playing this course. Everything from the staff to the course was on point! Will definitely be playing here again soon.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 09/24/2018:
Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon at Bear's Best Atlanta!

Solid course, great value for what I paid

Overall, a very solid course in great condition. My overall rating for this course would be a B+. I thought there would be more famous holes than there were but the course was challenging, in great shape and anything under $75 with cart, would be a great value. Definitely will play again in the $50-$75 rate range.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 09/17/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We're also glad that you found us to be a good value. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Solid Golf Course

First off, I played early on a Monday morning so the pace of play was fantastic. I think I finished in just under 4 hours.

The course condition is excellent. They did aerate the greens a few weeks ago but they are healing nicely and did not effect the roll at all. The greens were a touch slow but that was most likely do to the recovery of them. The tee boxes and fairways were in great shape. MX was working on the bunkers after much rain the day before. The ones that had been attended to were in great shape.

The layout is top notch. The first 6 holes are awesome. I’m a huge fan of each of those holes, highlighted by the 6th which is the replica of murfields par 3. Such a stunning and tough hole. The back 9 was very challenging as well but was not quite as memerable as the front. #11 is another tough but awesome par 3.

Overall, I’d highly recommend but find a deal. I don’t think this course is worth the $80 bucks it is prime time. I do think that it’s worth every dollar at the price tag of $50 or less. Enjoy!

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 09/11/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and that you were able to play at a good pace. We're also glad that you enjoyed the challenge our course presented. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Good but expensive for a normal round

Look for cheap deals, course is great, well kept, tough. Very nice

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 09/04/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that you found us to be a good value. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Worst round of golf

Worst golf experience ever. We had a 8:33am tea time reserved from teeoff.com and paid $65 per person. Got to the golf course and everything was fine until I got to the pro shop. Turns out they checked in the wrong person under our reservation so had to clear that up. 2 people working at the desk were a joke throwing inappropriate jokes to each other while ringing me up. Tee'd off and got to the first green to see that it was aerated and full of sand. (Which was not mentioned while I booked the course) It was like putting out of the sand trap for 18 holes and they still charged $65!!! Around the 5th fairway the marshall comes to us and asks us to play faster to catch up to the front team while we didn't see a group behind us for the last 5 holes. After the 11th hole marshall waiting for us after the green and tells us that we are playing too slow and his going to have to make us skip a hole. Mind you we were under 3 hours after the 11th hole and asked him why we have to skip a hole. The guy slams on his break, my boss' cart runs into his cart, jumps out of the cart and start yelling at us about playing time and how we are allowed 4 hours 20 mins to finish the 18. We pointed out the notice they have in our cart that says we have 3 hours to hit the 10th tree and 5 hours to finish 18 and he argues that there is no way and that the posting was an error. Took us into the middle of the fairway in the 12th and told us we have to play from there?! Why not just have us skip the 11th hole which was a par 3? Rookie marshall with his power trip. Will never go back to this place in my lifetime.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 09/04/2018:
Thank you for your review! We are deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience with us at Bear's Best. We are aware that we moved your group due to your pace and because of complaints from the groups behind you. This is something we hardly ever do and we would very much like to discuss the reasons for this with you and to understand the other issues you raise. Please reach out to our General Manager, Ian Grimwade, at 678.714.2582 x7 or via email at ian.grimwade@clubcorp.com. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!
Suwanee, Georgia