Bear's Best Atlanta

Year Built 2002
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2002)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Entertaining Clients 45

Always great golfing experience.

First class golf course. One of the best courses in the area. Always great experience. Would highly recommend to everyone. Thank you Ian.

Commented on 08/11/2020

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Good golf

Had a good day, Course in good condition and staff was friendly. Would have finished in less than 4 hours but the group in front was slow.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Terrific! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Worth the drive!

I am on staycation and wanted to play some higher rated courses on golf Now regardless of the distance from my home. After expanding my search parameters this course kept popping up. I read the recent reviews and had to play it. It exceeded expectations. An hour drive but well worth it. Nice layout and grooming was top notch. Some of the nicest, most interesting par 3s (on one course) I've ever played. I got it on a hot deal so it was an excellent value. Me and my son were supposed to meet 2 others on the 1st tee but they were gone so we played as a twosome.the entire round in well less then 4 hours. Very nice track.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Terrific! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Worth the drive!

I live an hour away and wanted to play a different course. One that wasn't near where I usually play. I got a hot deal on golf now so it was a great value. The course was in great condition from tee to green. Plenty of bunkers and we found them with ease. Wide, well manicured fairways. Not many elevation changes but still an interesting enough track for all level players.

Commented on 08/06/2020

Excellent! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Course I’m very good condition! Carts are very nice with Bluetooth speakers.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Fantastic! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Nice layout, maintenance and staff issues

2nd time playing here. Came back the week after playing for the first time and discovered they just sanded the greens, although they didn't warn us when we made the reservation. Maintenance crews were all over the course, one person watering the green when we were putting and wouldn't stop. Another crew member was blowing leaves near the t box when we were teeing off. Complained to pro shop they said the guys have to do their job. Won't play here again. In addition, pace of play was extremely slow!!!! On the positive side, the lunch was decent and wait staff super helpful and friendly.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Thank you for your review! We apologize that you didn't enjoy your time with us. We strive to provide a great experience for all our golfers. Please contact Ian Grimwade, General Manager, at 678.714.2582, x7 or ian.grimwade@clubcorp.com to clarify more about your experience. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you!

Commented on 07/28/2020

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Good good in good shape

This is a fun track And in in good shape right now. They have their bent greens looking good and running well - better than some others I’ve seen recently. I find the holes up from the flood plain more enjoyable than those along the river. The long par 4 18th is a difficult but great finishing hole. Rates at the course are often pricey, but it’s a good value at $50. I’ve seen slow pace of play here before, but today there were no issues.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Fun course. Had four golfers of varying ability and the tee boxes afforded each of us to play where we had the best chance to score. Course was in great shape, other than the bunkers, which had been washed out by overnight rain. Staff was courteous and helpful. Great experience.

Commented on 07/27/2020

Commented on 07/24/2020

Commented on 07/23/2020

Excellent! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Bear’s Best Atlanta

Really enjoyed my two rounds this week, course really well maintained and setup great for golfing with my son. Compared to 4 other rounds of similar cost in Atlanta and this clearly rivals TPC Sugarloaf.

Commented on 07/17/2020

Georgia Advisor

Fun, Challenging and Great Condition

The layout was awesome and very fun. The greens and overall course conditions were the best I have seen at Bears Best in a couple years. The management has been working to continually improve and it really shows. Greens are very nice and consistent. My biggest complaint in prior years was that all the greens had TONS on non-repaired ball marks. That has been fixed and the greens were rolling quick, true and smooth. Kudos to the maintenance crews and greens keepers.

The course has everything you could want as far as golf with very nice driving range, chipping and short game area, two practice putting greens and nice, well-stocked pro shop. Pricey course in a very fancy neighborhood. The biggest houses I think I’ve ever seen on a course.

The carts have GPS but also have speakers that and play satellite radio stations or can connect to your Bluetooth which was very enjoyable. The carts also have a section with “tips” you can reference that has non other that Greg Norman giving you tips on your game if you need it.

The course is very challenging but forgiving. There are lots of elevation changes. If you haven't been in a while or have not tried Bear's Best, I highly recommend you do so. You will not be disappointed.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Fantastic! Thank you for your kind words. We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

First class course!

No hassles! First class from top to bottom. Course in great shape; staff friendly; practice facilities great! Challenging course, but fun. I will return!

Commented on 07/14/2020

Commented on 07/13/2020

Fantastic! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Good experience but

We played today. The overall experience was good but we feel like we were charged extra for carts. When we booked the tee time online it said the charges included carts but when we showed up we were told that we have to pay.
We were in a rush to get started and ended up paying. Other than that we had a great time.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Thank you for your review! We're glad that you enjoyed our course, but we apologize for the confusion regarding paying extra for carts. We would love to dig into this a bit further so we can figure out what happened. Please contact our General Manager, Ian Grimwade, at ian.grimwade@clubcorp.com or at 678.714.2582 x7. Thank you and we look forward to speaking with you.

As expected

Course was in great shape. And yet again, you receive what you expect to receive when you come to play here. Not disappointed.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Commented on 07/13/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Bear's Best Atlanta. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

First class course!

Always enjoy playing this first class golf course. Course in excellent condition; zero hassles; exceptionally great golf experience. Thank you!

Commented on 07/13/2020

Awesome course layout with average conditions

I played bears best for the first time and it was overall a very nice course. The layout was awesome but it should be considereing the name lol. Course conditions was ok IMO. Fairways seemed thin to me but greens are nice and consistent. Rest of course was decent shape, just the fairways seemed tight to me, I preferred to hit out of the rough actually. Had everything u could want with driving range and great pro shop. Pricey course in a very fancy neighborhood. The biggest houses I think I’ve ever seen on a course lol. Glad I played but would prob try some other courses in the area for what you pay here.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Sugar Hill, Georgia
Cumming, Georgia
2.7205882353
Alpharetta, Georgia

Valid dates: Jun 06, 2017 - Jun 30, 2020
Let The Ritz-Carlton Reynolds, Lake Oconee create unforgettable Georgia vacations with packages that deliver adventure-filled weekend getaways, unrivaled golf outings or romantic escapes with your significant other.