Bear's Best Atlanta

Bear's Best Atlanta
Nicklaus 72 6513 yards 71.9 140
Scorecard for Bears Best Atlanta Golf Club
Gold M: 73.3/143 429 369 148 355 414 154 579 409 554 3411 339 180 521 417 559 348 167 415 467 3413 6824
Nicklaus M: 71.9/140 405 337 145 353 399 151 519 379 529 3217 331 177 518 413 556 342 163 375 421 3296 6513
Blue M: 70.1/137 390 314 134 316 360 147 489 370 509 3029 323 163 475 381 532 316 151 355 413 3109 6138
Blue/White M: 69.3/130 387 314 134 316 338 147 481 370 474 2961 323 163 414 352 506 316 151 301 356 2882 5843
White M: 68.0/126 W: 73.7/135 387 296 110 292 338 121 481 306 474 2805 315 155 414 352 506 279 141 301 356 2819 5624
Red W: 68.7/121 342 172 78 182 270 99 428 254 427 2252 282 80 386 308 432 275 128 277 305 2473 4725

Year Built 2002
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2002)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Entertaining Clients 42

Bear's Best

The name of the course refers to the individual holes, as each are replicas of some of Nicklaus' best holes from around the world. It is a very enjoyable concept, as there is a great variety of fun and interesting holes throughout the course. The course itself is fun and in great shape.

Our only issue was the guy that checked us in mentioned casually that they had squeezed some extra tee-times in throughout the afternoon, causing a significant back up. Our 3:00pm tee-time that should have not been an issue was cut short by about 3-4 holes due to darkness. Had we finished out the round we would have easily topped 5 hours.

If you're going to squeeze extra golfers (well after we had booked our time) a slight discount would have been appreciated, or at least a heads up more than 5 minutes before our scheduled tee time. This is not a course we frequent, so we were looking forward to enjoying it and weren't able to fully. We were either waiting to take many of our shots, or rushing to try and beat the sunset.

I will probably try this course again sometime and hope that the pace issue is better.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 10/08/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and the challenge of our layout. We do apologize that you weren't able to play at a good pace and we appreciate your feedback. We will make sure to use your review to help us improve moving forward. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

A bit underwhleming

Wanted to play for this curse for some time, grabbed a hot deal for ~50% off retail. Course layout is supposed to be a compilation of Jack Nicklaus best 18 holes from courses around the world. I've played a couple of these courses and the holes are do not resemble those courses very closely. Due to this feature, the course lack's it's own character. The greens were for the most part flat, except one hole. Staff was friendly. Glad I played it finally, likey not coming back. There are better local options at better prices.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 10/03/2018:
Thank you for your review! We're glad that our staff left a great impression on you but we apologize that you didn't enjoy our layout. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you will give us another try in the future!

Great round on a Saturday morning

Bear's Best is a great course and it is very challenging.

Course conditions were excellent.

Play moved at a great pace.

Course is very well managed.

Looking forward to playing there again soon.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 10/01/2018:
Outstanding! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed the challenge it presented. We're also glad that you were able to play at a good pace. We can't wait to have you back again soon at Bear' Best Atlanta!
Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 09/24/2018:
Great! Come back soon!

This course was great!

I had a great time playing this course. Everything from the staff to the course was on point! Will definitely be playing here again soon.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 09/24/2018:
Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon at Bear's Best Atlanta!

Solid course, great value for what I paid

Overall, a very solid course in great condition. My overall rating for this course would be a B+. I thought there would be more famous holes than there were but the course was challenging, in great shape and anything under $75 with cart, would be a great value. Definitely will play again in the $50-$75 rate range.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 09/17/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We're also glad that you found us to be a good value. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Solid Golf Course

First off, I played early on a Monday morning so the pace of play was fantastic. I think I finished in just under 4 hours.

The course condition is excellent. They did aerate the greens a few weeks ago but they are healing nicely and did not effect the roll at all. The greens were a touch slow but that was most likely do to the recovery of them. The tee boxes and fairways were in great shape. MX was working on the bunkers after much rain the day before. The ones that had been attended to were in great shape.

The layout is top notch. The first 6 holes are awesome. I’m a huge fan of each of those holes, highlighted by the 6th which is the replica of murfields par 3. Such a stunning and tough hole. The back 9 was very challenging as well but was not quite as memerable as the front. #11 is another tough but awesome par 3.

Overall, I’d highly recommend but find a deal. I don’t think this course is worth the $80 bucks it is prime time. I do think that it’s worth every dollar at the price tag of $50 or less. Enjoy!

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 09/11/2018:
Awesome! We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and that you were able to play at a good pace. We're also glad that you enjoyed the challenge our course presented. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Good but expensive for a normal round

Look for cheap deals, course is great, well kept, tough. Very nice

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 09/04/2018:
Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that you found us to be a good value. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Worst round of golf

Worst golf experience ever. We had a 8:33am tea time reserved from teeoff.com and paid $65 per person. Got to the golf course and everything was fine until I got to the pro shop. Turns out they checked in the wrong person under our reservation so had to clear that up. 2 people working at the desk were a joke throwing inappropriate jokes to each other while ringing me up. Tee'd off and got to the first green to see that it was aerated and full of sand. (Which was not mentioned while I booked the course) It was like putting out of the sand trap for 18 holes and they still charged $65!!! Around the 5th fairway the marshall comes to us and asks us to play faster to catch up to the front team while we didn't see a group behind us for the last 5 holes. After the 11th hole marshall waiting for us after the green and tells us that we are playing too slow and his going to have to make us skip a hole. Mind you we were under 3 hours after the 11th hole and asked him why we have to skip a hole. The guy slams on his break, my boss' cart runs into his cart, jumps out of the cart and start yelling at us about playing time and how we are allowed 4 hours 20 mins to finish the 18. We pointed out the notice they have in our cart that says we have 3 hours to hit the 10th tree and 5 hours to finish 18 and he argues that there is no way and that the posting was an error. Took us into the middle of the fairway in the 12th and told us we have to play from there?! Why not just have us skip the 11th hole which was a par 3? Rookie marshall with his power trip. Will never go back to this place in my lifetime.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 09/04/2018:
Thank you for your review! We are deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience with us at Bear's Best. We are aware that we moved your group due to your pace and because of complaints from the groups behind you. This is something we hardly ever do and we would very much like to discuss the reasons for this with you and to understand the other issues you raise. Please reach out to our General Manager, Ian Grimwade, at 678.714.2582 x7 or via email at ian.grimwade@clubcorp.com. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Great place to play

Greens had been punched two days prior. Wish that we had known that detail when I booked. Also, for some reason, I selected to reserve a tee time for 4 but we arrived to find that only a tee time for 1 was booked.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 08/30/2018:
Terrific! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course despite our recent aerification. We do apologize for the miscommunication that our course has recently undergone some maintenance. We appreciate your review and we hope to have you back again soon!
Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 08/27/2018:
Excellent! Come back soon!
Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 08/01/2018:
Wonderful! Glad you enjoyed your experience with us!
Georgia Advisor

Great Course with Fun Layout and beautiful views

I have played this course several times and every time I play I really like the course. It is fun, challenging and always in very good condition (a few exceptions).

I play this golf course quite often because I love the course layout and the Jack Nicklaus holes. Thee condition of the course is always pretty darn good. My number one complaint about the course is that for some reason, the greens take a beating and there are ALWAYS tons of un-repaired ball marks. I always repair three or four ball marks on every green and it does not make a difference at all. The only other thing that is consistently not too good is the condition of the bunkers. You often hit gravel in the bunker or even sand bags due to the lack of sand. I had several bunker shots today where my sand wedge bounced off the bottom of the bunker because there is no sand in the bottoms of the bunkers. However, even given the non-repaired ball marks and the fact there is very little sand in the bunkers, I highly recommend this course. The staff is great. The practice facilities are great and the overall condition of the course is always very nice with some amazing holes and views.

There is always wildlife to see and enjoy during your round.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 07/30/2018:
Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also glad that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your feedback on our greens and we look forward to having you back again soon at Bear's Best Atlanta!
Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 07/30/2018:
Excellent! Come back soon!

Exciting layout of Nicklaus holes

I enjoyed an afternoon round here. The practice area was great, all of the staff was very friendly and the conditions were excellent. All except for the bunkers, they were very hard. I thought it was just a problem in the area but I played another ATL course the next day and their bunkers were fine. My home course is a Nicklaus design and one of its holes is included in this layout. It isn’t exactly the same, more like similar. But the layout was very enjoyable, I would 100% return

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 08/14/2018:
Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We're glad that you enjoyed our layout and we appreciate your feedback on our bunkers. We can't wait to have you back again the next time you are in the Atlanta area!

Above expectations

This was a very nice golf course. I was surprised how well the course was kept.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 07/16/2018:
Outstanding! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with us and that our course conditions met your expectations. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Excellent if you get a deal

One of the better courses in Atlanta. Usually in great condition. Greens were perfect today. Course is relatively easy in the front, more difficult on the back. Jack’s replicas are similar, but not exactly as good as the real holes. Bunkers at 225 off the tee on almost every hole - typical Nicklaus. Cart girl could have come through more often.

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 07/09/2018:
Wonderful! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We're honored that you consider us one of the better courses in Atlanta and we can't wait to have you back again soon!

Best semi private in Atlanta

Great track, great condition! Only thing that kept it from perfect all around 10 was greens were slightly slower than normal but we have had a lot of rain lately. Still, always enjoy playing Bear’s Best!

Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 07/09/2018:
Outstanding! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us and that our course conditions met your expectations. We look forward to having you back again soon at Bear's Best Atlanta!
Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 07/09/2018:
Excellent! Glad you enjoyed your experience with us!
Response from Bear's Best Atlanta on 07/09/2018:
Terrific! Come back soon!
Suwanee, Georgia