Bear's Best Atlanta

Year Built 2002
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2002)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Entertaining Clients 44

Greens were disappointing as I thought they would be further along in replenishing. Challenging course as always and a blast to play for a steal of a value today.

Commented on 02/05/2020

Awesome! We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Commented on 01/24/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Bear's Best Atlanta. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

A great course. Fair setup

It is a great course to play on: great design, challenging but fair. Greens roll well and we’ll maintained. Also the view of the beautiful homes is a treat!

It had been raining hard the week before and the greens became a little soft, unfortunately, ball marks that don’t get fixed became noticeable.

Not the fault of the course but from players who don’t care about players who play after them!

I highly recommend this course

Commented on 01/24/2020

Fantastic! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Amazing EXperience

even the weather was cold that day but we still felt warm at the course during the play. The hole number three is favorite hole of the course. the course is in good shape. The staffs are very friendly. The male amenities are fantastic, but my mom said that there is no shower place in female locker room. I think that is the only thing you can complain about the club, and there is nothing for you to complain about the course and the experience of golfing!

Commented on 02/03/2020

Excellent! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time and we appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Commented on 01/24/2020

Excellent! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Commented on 01/14/2020

Terrific! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Great course, desk guy remains unfriendly

I’ve been to this course multiple times and never feel welcome. Not sure why, but the guys in the clubhouse are just not hospitable.
Starter, marshals and cart staff all very nice-but walk in the door and you are not welcome.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Great! Thank you for visiting us at Bear's Best Atlanta. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We apologize that our clubhouse staff didn't make you feel welcome. That's not the type of experience we strive to provide our guests. We will you use your review to help us improve and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Commented on 01/29/2020

Great layout

Great course. Course right in front of you. No blind shots. Greens are very nice for wintertime. Golf Now price is very nice for such a great course.

Commented on 12/30/2019

Always top notch

Very friendly staff very accommodating course conditions are as good as it gets

Commented on 12/23/2019

Outstanding! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Bear's Best Atlanta. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

No Management !!!

I’m playing right now and will never cone back!!! We have been waiting for at least 5 to 10 minutes between each shots.. shame on whoever runs such a fantastic course this poor way. So far I have not seen a single ranger at all. There are several other courses around with decent conditions under good course management.

Commented on 12/06/2019

Thank you for your feedback and we are very sorry that you felt the pace was slow. We do monitor pace of play through a combination of on-course staff and on-line GPS monitoring from the club-house and are not aware of any pace issues on Wednesday 4th or Thursday 5th, with all groups finishing between 3hrs and 4.5 hours throughout both days. Can you please contact our General Manager, Ian Grimwade, at 678.714.2582, x7 or ian.grimwade@clubcorp.com so that we can address your concerns? Thank you again for taking the time to provide this feedback – here at Bear’s Best, we do care about pace of play.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Georgia Advisor

Great Course with Excellent Conditions

I have played Bear's Best several time prior and each time I really like the course layout and the conditions. Today, the greens were in the best condition I have ever seen them. Usually, because they are bent grass greens, there are TONS of non-repaired ball marks which makes the greens look like a scatter grenade was dropped on them. However today, the greens were in excellent condition. Well Done Bear's Best.
This is one of my favorite courses in the area due to the different Jack Nicklaus designed holes.
The pace of play today was very good. We had to wait on several holes to tee off, but that is expected on a fall day when the weather is perfect and lots of golfers want to get out and play.
Course was in excellent shape. My only complaint is with the bunkers. Most of the bunkers have very little sand. Several bunkers I hit out of were like hitting of hard pan dirt with just a slight covering of sand in the bottom. However, based on the overall conditions today, I recommend this course to any of my friends.

Commented on 11/08/2019

Outstanding! Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

The usual poor golf shop service

Five years ago I played here and some of the clubhouse staff were just plain rude. So I vowed never to play here again.

Then last night I saw a tee time for one player and decided to let bygones be bygone.

So I get there and they cannot find my reservation. That is when I also realized I was a second class citizen in their eyes being a GolfNow player.

Then when they finally do find me in the system they put me in the last group of eight twosomes all husbands and wives mostly older than me and I am 63.

I asked for another option and to even wait an hour and they told me there were no other options.

I am a 6 handicap which in my opinion is nothing to brag about but come on. 6 hour rounds are not my cup of tee.

This place has always been at poor value and now an even poorer value in my opinion. If you like being treated like trash you will love It there. It is like going to the department of motor vehicles.

Commented on 10/09/2019

Thank you for your feedback! We are very sorry and concerned to hear of your experience. The time that you booked on to on Sunday was very busy and unfortunately the team here did not have any alternate slots available to book you into. We are very concerned about your feelings regarding how you were treated, so can you please contact our General Manager either by email at ian.grimwade@clubcorp.com or by phone at 678.714.2582 ext. 7. Thank you again and we hope to hear from you soon!

Wonderful course.

First time I have played this course! One of the best courses in the area! Would highly recommend this course. Class course; no hassels; very efficiently run. No negatives! Great course and environmental!

Commented on 10/02/2019

Outstanding! Thank you for your kind words! We're glad that you enjoyed your first time playing our course and we hope to see you again very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Excellent! Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon at Bear's Best Atlanta!

Carrier 4

Best course I played this yr. Layout excellent. Pace of play good. Course was in excellent shape. Couple of traps had hard sand. Staff was very friendly. Would definitely play again and recommended this course to a friend.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Wonderful! Thank you for your kind words! We're honored that you consider us the best course you've played this year and we hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

First-Class Experience

This was my first time playing Bear's Best and it didn't disappoint. Challenging but fair, this is already one of my favorite courses. Hole replicas give the golfer a unique opportunity to play some of Jack's best designs, including to of the most iconic par 3's on tour. Pace of play and customer service were exceptional. I'll be back soon!

Commented on 08/15/2019

Fantastic! Thank you for your kind words! We're so glad you enjoyed your first round with us and we hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Fun course , great condition

It was fun playing replica holes from around the world that Jack designed. Very fair layout for all skill levels. Carts have GPS, Blutooth for your tunes and one hole with black sand that you, well...have to toss a ball into just for the fun and feel!
Definetly on the list for a replay next time in the Atlanta area

Commented on 08/13/2019

Outstanding! Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

Great Golf Course

Took my son to play one last round before school started. The staff was outstanding from the moment we got on site until we left the property. The course was in tip top shape and the pace of play was great. Nothing bad to say about the experience.

Commented on 08/02/2019

Fantastic! Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you and your son again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Bear's Best Atlanta.

3.9820647059
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Cumming, Georgia

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.