Nicklaus 72 6513 yards 71.9 140
Scorecard for Bears Best Atlanta Golf Club
Gold M: 73.3/143 429 369 148 355 414 154 579 409 554 3411 339 180 521 417 559 348 167 415 467 3413 6824
Nicklaus M: 71.9/140 405 337 145 353 399 151 519 379 529 3217 331 177 518 413 556 342 163 375 421 3296 6513
Blue M: 70.1/137 390 314 134 316 360 147 489 370 509 3029 323 163 475 381 532 316 151 355 413 3109 6138
Blue/White M: 69.3/130 387 314 134 316 338 147 481 370 474 2961 323 163 414 352 506 316 151 301 356 2882 5843
White M: 68.0/126 W: 73.7/135 387 296 110 292 338 121 481 306 474 2805 315 155 414 352 506 279 141 301 356 2819 5624
Red W: 68.7/121 342 172 78 182 270 99 428 254 427 2252 282 80 386 308 432 275 128 277 305 2473 4725

Year Built 2002
Architect Jack Nicklaus (2002)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code No denim, collared shirt and bermuda shorts required

Entertaining Clients 43

Sand traps

They were awful. Outside of the sand traps everything else was good. I mean the sand traps were in worse shape than trophy club of apalachee. And that’s bad.

Another great day at Bears Best

I play it several times a year and am never disappointed, in great shape, good practice area, and gracious staff. The only improvement I'd like to see is some type of marking on the green flags to let you know if it's front, middle, or back. I heard that Mr. Nicklaus doesn't like them, but on a public course I think they're a necessity. On the plus side, the carts have GPS.

Commented On 05/17/2019

Excellent! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and that our staff left a great impression on you. We appreciate your feedback on our flags and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Potential Gallore

This could be the best option for a GolfNow course in Atlanta with a few improvements to the course. First off I used one of my Golfpass free rounds on the tee time, so I can't complain too much.

Pace of play was really poor, they had scheduled a scramble the same day we booked our time. Our tee time was 40 minutes behind the last scramble group and our foursome caught them by Hole 5. Unfortunately it turned into a 5.5 hour round because of this. I know this isn't a usual scenario, but I was really looking forward to playing the course and it put a bit of a damper on it. Surprised they allowed tee-times so close to and on the day of a huge outing like that.

Course conditions are in improving out of winter condition. I was surprised the greens had been punched so recently (Most courses punched about 6 weeks ago and can't tell at all now) and they hadn't fully recovered. So the greens were slow to say the least, but you can tell they are in improving condition. The worst part about the course is by far the bunkers. They need to invest some money into some sand. Some of the bunkers were so deadpan hard, the liners were showing through and felt like concrete to hit off of. It was a factor in everyone of the foursomes game. A few bare spots here and there on the fairway edges but overall improving coming out of winter. I will say the TEEBOXES are in EXCELLENT condition for the most part. Which is huge on a often played course. Keep it up there!

Bring your lunch because the cart attendant does not have any food other than light snacks, and their is no turn so the clubhouse isn't accessible at any point during the round. They need a 9 hole snack shack at least.

The layout of the course is pretty great if you ask me. A good test with enough short dogleg holes, enough but not overly elevation, and enough pure driver holes. The par 3's were fair lengths as well.

The practice facility/range is great as well, however the nickel and diming for balls is a bit amateur hour for a course that tries to promote itself as being upper end.

Overall this could be the best course in Atlanta with a few improvements. For my money, right now though I prefer Echelon but Bears Best is right there with it and would probably get the nod if they fixed a few of the easily fixable issues listed in this review.

Commented On 05/17/2019

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course conditions and the challenge of our layout. We apologize that the pace of play was slow and we appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. We would love to talk to you more about your time with us. Please reach out to our General Manager, Ian Grimwade, at Ian.Grimwade@clubcorp.com. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you!

Best Public Course I ever played

I had a tremendous time at Bears Best. I love this place. From the time I got to the gate to the time I left, everyone was so polite. I am thinking about joining!

Commented On 05/15/2019

Wonderful! We're glad that you enjoyed your experience with us and that our staff left a great impression on you. We would love to have you become of member and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Golt time

The Bears Best course was very nice, the # 11 hole was the killer for me but It was nice. The course layout was good and I will be playing there again when I get a deal through golf now.

Commented On 05/01/2019

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge of our layout. We can't wait to have you back again soon at Bear's Best Atlanta!

great customer service

Although the course is obviously beautiful, the thing that impressed me the most was the customer service. Due to my own ignorance I had a problem that would take some effort to take care of. Mr. Ian Grimwade knew that I might not be in town to ever play golf at Bears Best Atlanta; however, he went the extra mile to take care of me. Its unusual that someone would make the effort to help someone out even though there might not be anything in it for them in the future but Mr. Grimwade still cam through big for me. You'll probably want to play Bears Best Atlanta for the nice course but if I'm Atlanta I'll go there also because of the treatment you receive for the overall experience. Thanks!!

Commented On 05/10/2019

Wonderful! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and that our staff left a great impression you. We're glad that Ian was able to go the extra mile to take care of you. We appreciate your kind words and we can't wait to have you back the next time you're in Atlanta!

Spring is here - Masters Week

Great track, good range and knew right. away. we were in for a treat. on the green's, firm and fast. Great track.

Commented On 04/09/2019

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and that our greens met your expectations. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

Great layout.

Had the chance to play with two members who were great. Wet Winter definitely has caused some conditions issues but it’s a great track. Greens were nice and fast. Would absolutely play again.

Commented On 04/03/2019

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed your round with our members. We're pleased that our course conditions met your expectations and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Excellent Course with Excellent Value

I always come back to this course because it brings me the challenges. I am not particularly a big fan of fading tee shots, but when it comes to golf design, Nicolas tops many others. With good value through GolfNow, this was no brainer

Commented On 03/26/2019

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed the challenge that our layout presented. We're also glad that you found us to be a good value. We appreciate your review and we hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

Great coures

Great course with am amazing hot deal! will be looking out for this one again.

Commented On 03/22/2019

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your review. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round with us!

Best Public Course in the Metro Atlanta Area

Bear’s Best is by far the best public course to play in the Metro Atlanta area. I appreciate the history behind each designed hole that was picked from Jack Nicklaus of his top designed courses around the world. The greens, fairways, bunkers, etc are kept in excellent shape. If you get the opportunity to play here do not pass it up!

Commented On 03/26/2019

Fantastic! We're thrilled that you enjoyed our course and the challenge of our layout. We're honored that you consider us the best public course in the Metro Atlanta area. We're also glad that our course conditions met your expectations. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Bear's Best Atlanta!

Georgia Advisor

Wet conditions but fun course

I have played Bear's Best several times and each time I play I really like the course. I love the variety of holes and the fact the holes are replicas of some of Jack Nicklaus' best holes from the many courses he has designed.

It was windy and cold and cart paths only today due to the crazy amount of rain the area has had for the prior month. Everything was still wet and soggy and all the ponds were up higher than usual.

Due to the cold, there were not many golfers out. I was a single. After the sixth hole I ran into a foursome in front of me where were extremely slow (they were playing a two man scramble between the two groups of two. They took forever over each shot and each putt. I thought for sure they would ask if I wanted to play through since I was right on their tail for several holes. Never once did they say a word or askd if I would like to play through.

I really like the course layout and the variety of holes. There is quite a bit of elevation changes, as well as water and LOTS of bunkers.

Go play the course. You will really lithe variety and the uniqueness of the holes.

Commented On 03/08/2019

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Playing the Best

Rain, rain the course was wet and I hit down on the ball didn't have my best round cold and breezy but overall it was a good day. I really like the course whenever I get a chance to play I Wil definitely play

Commented On 03/08/2019

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course despite all the rain we've had. We appreciate your review and we hope to have you back again soon for your next round!

Too early

Right now, this course, and probably most, is not worth wasting your time or money. It is just too early in the season. I will not return until late April or early May - it will take that long for the fairways and greens to heal from a very wet season.

Commented On 02/28/2019

Thank you for your review! We apologize that our course conditions didn't meet your expectations. The weather has been a little rough this year, but our conditions are still some of the best in town. Thanks again and we look forward to having you back again soon in late spring/early summer!

Interesting customer service

Played 18 in the morning and we decided to go around again. While we grabbed a hot dog (excellent) a staffer suggested we exchange our morning carts for fresh ones. And he offered to move our clubs and belongings across for us. Turns out he left behind a quarter-zip that had been in our basket. We discovered it missing when the temperature cooled during the second 18 and called the pro shop to alert them. They couldn't find it. After our second 18 the pro shop was closed and two high-schoolers in the cart barn were accommodating but clueless. Phoned the next morning and friendly guy remembered us and the loss but said nothing had been found. Told me lots of players lose items. I corrected him that a player didn't lose this one, a BB staffer did. He said there was nothing he could do so I told him I'd let others know of this frustrating experience. He asked me to wait to hear from the GM. I did and had quite an energetic discussion. Long story just a bit longer, got a call back the next day and they found the item, Fed-Exed it to me along with a 4-pack of golf balls. Nice gesture, but it shouldn't have required quite the amount of determination and outright arguing on my part to get a fair resolution. I suppose all's well that ends well.

Commented On 03/11/2019

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed your rounds with us but we apologize for the struggle in finding and getting your quarter-zip back to you. We appreciate your patience with the process and your feedback. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round!

Thank You for a great day!

We had a group of eight
with some very inexperienced golfers.. We are from Ohio and Canada and was down here for work and lucky enough to of gotten the chance to play. The course was beautiful with a great layout. I can’t say enough nice things about the guys in the pro shop! Just so helpful and patient explaining things. We throughly enjoyed our day and hope we get the chance to play again someday!

Commented On 02/26/2019

Excellent! We're thrilled that you and your group enjoyed your round with us and we can't wait to have you back again soon at Bear's Best Atlanta!

Commented On 02/04/2019

Wonderful! Come back soon!

Awesome layout

Great weather day provided a fun golf afternoon. The course was full of golfers but moved at a good pace. Course layout was awesome and in spite of extremely rainy Winter in pretty good shape for early February in Georgia. I would like to play it again in Spring or Fall when fairways are not dormant and bent grass greens can be cut and rolled.

Commented On 02/04/2019

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also glad that you were able to play at a good pace. We appreciate you review and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

staff friendly

Course was in good shape despite heavy rain earlier week. Pro shop Marty Topper was very friendly.
I'll definitely play again

Commented On 02/04/2019

Outstanding! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and we're glad that Marty left a great impression on you. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Bear's Best Atlanta!

Nice round, great day

First off, after some miscommunication, Marty was accommodating to that fact and revised our tee time for the error. Thanks for taking care of us buddy, see you soon.

Commented On 01/24/2019

Awesome! We're pleased that we were able to get everything squared away for your tee time and that Marty was helpful. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Suwanee, Georgia
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Suwanee, Georgia
Cumming, Georgia

Valid dates: May 23, 2019 - Jun 30, 2019
2 Nights lodging at the Best Western Plus of Santee (or comparable lodging partner) and play 3 Rounds of golf on Santee Cooper Resort’s two courses.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play in Golf’s Little Big Town!
Stay and Play
Summer Golf Getaway in Santee!
Stay and Play
Come play in the Olde English District!
Summer Special in Greenville, SC