Blue (W) 71 5866 yards 74.1 133
Scorecard for Deer Ridge Country Club
Black M: 70.7/135 329 411 182 511 330 364 166 372 521 3186 379 349 436 142 364 231 521 320 374 3116 6302
Blue M: 69.9/127 304 389 165 484 306 337 145 346 473 2949 359 323 419 121 347 207 495 307 339 2917 5866
White M: 66.6/118 W: 71.5/130 284 356 148 455 273 337 130 304 441 2728 323 308 367 103 291 189 467 261 307 2616 5344
Gold W: 68.5/120 260 326 134 425 240 267 117 260 412 2441 303 238 336 84 258 157 444 232 282 2334 4775
Green W: 67.3/116 260 326 118 425 240 267 102 260 412 2410 303 238 302 84 226 157 380 232 207 2129 4539

Year Built 2004
Fairways Winter Rye
Architect Andy Raugust

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Collared or golf type shirts required; No blue jeans, no cut-offs; Ladies appropriate golf attire

Commented On 2019-02-07T15:00:59.000+00:00

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Deer Ridge GC.

Could not play the back nine because it was too crowded!

Commented On 2019-02-07T15:02:11.000+00:00

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon.

Good Overall

When checking in, was told they would let us know when a cart was available. No golf carts?? Borrowed one from a group finishing their round. Switched to another cart at the turn. Greens were a mess, so bumpy we invoked a two putt rule. Fairways were great. Bunkers were okay, looked like they were replenishing the sand in many. For the cost, I would come back and play again.

Commented On 2019-02-01T14:48:44.000+00:00

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. These are not the expectations we strive for at Deer Ridge and hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing!

Commented On 2019-01-07T14:29:48.000+00:00

Thanks for the 5-star review! Book another round with us soon.

Commented On 2019-01-07T14:19:25.000+00:00

Thanks for the great review! Book another round with us soon.

Condition of greens

Greens were very bumpy. It appeared like there were different types of grass in sections on the greens.

Commented On 2019-01-04T15:11:10.000+00:00

Hi Mike, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the conditions of the course weren't up to par during your round. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing!

Bad Greens

Course was flooded. 5 hour round on a weekday and greens were absolutely terrible.

Commented On 2018-12-26T14:03:52.000+00:00

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We with recent rain we are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the fairways and greens from the water on the course. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next round. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Deer Ridge GC, we hope to see you again soon.

My local favorite

Dear Ridge gives me everything I need in a Golf experience. The staff is friendly and helpful and easy-going I wish I could play there every day

Commented On 2018-12-26T13:55:33.000+00:00

Hello, we appreciate the great review and are happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club.

Slow and bumpy

First time here. My buddy wanted to play here. I have to say the greens were very bumpy with different colors or grass of different lengths. Some fairways were very bad condition. We quit out early due to the slow play in front of us 15 holes took us 4 hours. I liked the layout but nothing worth making me drive an hour to go back.

Commented On 2018-12-18T16:30:10.000+00:00

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the conditions of the course weren't up to par during your round. We hope you reconsider returning for another round soon! Thanks for playing.

Nov. 17

The fact that this venue remains in limbo is illustrated by the lack of attention to the facilities. Literally, THE facilities.

Staff was great. Course was in good shape. Greens were good for Nov., bunkers good too.

Commented On 2018-11-21T14:39:40.000+00:00

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing!

Dad n Lad Trip

My son and I had planned a golf day; neither of us are great golfers, so the day is measured by how much fun we had.

The course maintenance had high and low spots. The course actively had mowers dancing about and generally the fairways and greens were in good shape. Although the traps were clean and freshly raked, they could use a lot more sand. Spots in the course were over watered and left sink holes in the fairways, and mud holes throughout the course. The course layout is suitable for the beginning and average golfer, it shows little challenge for a great golfer.

The part that chapped my behind was the fact that both the restaurant and the bar were closed. We planned the day with a tee time that had lunch at the turn, and had a wife that drove us to and from the course so we could have a couple beers and closing cocktails.... didn’t happen, thus my fun level (the yard stick used to quantify the experience) was very low. We will plan another outing, it just won’t be at Deer Ridge.

Commented On 2018-11-21T14:32:24.000+00:00

Hello, we are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Deer Ridge Golf Club!

Riding solo not guaranteed

I reserved a tee time by myself thinking I would be given a cart all to myself however I was forced to share with an unknown golfer. Is that the rule?

I should I have been given an option to ride solo?

Nice place to spend a few hours

First time playing here, staff was very friendly, course was in good condition and pace of play was good. Got around in about 4 hours. And only had to wait once or twice. All in all a nice place to play.

Commented On 2018-11-15T14:35:23.000+00:00

Hi Kevin, we appreciate the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for playing #DeerRidgeGolfClub!

Perfect Day.....

Until we caught up to a miserable foursome that had NO common sense or etiquette to let us play through even though most EVERY hole three of the four would be looking for there balls and no one was in front of them for as far as you could see(at least 3 holes)So from then on the game got really bad and people starting coming up on us from behind when we were two to three holes ahead of anyone near the 4th hole

Commented On 2018-11-08T14:30:54.000+00:00

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your experience was anything less than 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club.

Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 10/25/2018:
Hi James, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club.
Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 10/25/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry the course conditions weren't up to par during your round, but are happy to hear you still had a good time. We hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club! #DeerRidgeGC

Brentwood golf

Of the two public courses in Brentwood it is the better one in terms of conditions.

Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 10/22/2018:
Hi Robert, we're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us. We appreciate the feedback about our course conditions and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club!

College tournament mid-afternoon Saturday?!

My friends and I decided to try and give this place another chance. I previously wrote a review about this course and how terrible the greens were and while the condition of the course seemed a little better this round (esp the 10th fairway), there was a college tourney on a Saturday.

We had a tee time @ 1:14PM, but actually tee'd off a little past 1:30PM. I didn't mind so much since we were the first group out after the tournament and I was expecting to finish still, but we didn't. Daylight ended around 6:40PM and we were still on Hole 15 so we had to call it. Extremely upset since we were waiting on every tee box for about 15-20 mins for the 1-2 groups of the college tourney to finish.

No warning from the pro shop whatsoever and no rain check or marshal to accommodate us after the round. Golfing in the far east bay is already hard, so I will add this to the list of "Do not play" courses.

The Round That Didn’t Happen

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to play today because the course scheduled a college tournament right before I was supposed to tee off. They were already behind on the tee sheet and they didn’t seem overly concerned about it. There would have been no way I could have finished the round even if I had waited around to play. It would have been nice to have know this information up

front. I wouldn’t have taken the time to drive almost an hour to play the course. Why a college match was scheduled on a Saturday baffles me.

Deer Ridge Round

The course is in good shape, even though the green were sandy.

Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 09/20/2018:
Hi Arturo, thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club.
Antioch, California