Blue (W) 71 5866 yards 74.1 133
Scorecard for Deer Ridge Country Club
Black M: 70.7/135 329 411 182 511 330 364 166 372 521 3186 379 349 436 142 364 231 521 320 374 3116 6302
Blue M: 69.9/127 304 389 165 484 306 337 145 346 473 2949 359 323 419 121 347 207 495 307 339 2917 5866
White M: 66.6/118 W: 71.5/130 284 356 148 455 273 337 130 304 441 2728 323 308 367 103 291 189 467 261 307 2616 5344
Gold W: 68.5/120 260 326 134 425 240 267 117 260 412 2441 303 238 336 84 258 157 444 232 282 2334 4775
Green W: 67.3/116 260 326 118 425 240 267 102 260 412 2410 303 238 302 84 226 157 380 232 207 2129 4539

Year Built 2004
Fairways Winter Rye
Architect Andy Raugust

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Dress code Collared or golf type shirts required; No blue jeans, no cut-offs; Ladies appropriate golf attire

Dad n Lad Trip

My son and I had planned a golf day; neither of us are great golfers, so the day is measured by how much fun we had.

The course maintenance had high and low spots. The course actively had mowers dancing about and generally the fairways and greens were in good shape. Although the traps were clean and freshly raked, they could use a lot more sand. Spots in the course were over watered and left sink holes in the fairways, and mud holes throughout the course. The course layout is suitable for the beginning and average golfer, it shows little challenge for a great golfer.

The part that chapped my behind was the fact that both the restaurant and the bar were closed. We planned the day with a tee time that had lunch at the turn, and had a wife that drove us to and from the course so we could have a couple beers and closing cocktails.... didn’t happen, thus my fun level (the yard stick used to quantify the experience) was very low. We will plan another outing, it just won’t be at Deer Ridge.

Riding solo not guaranteed

I reserved a tee time by myself thinking I would be given a cart all to myself however I was forced to share with an unknown golfer. Is that the rule?

I should I have been given an option to ride solo?

Nice place to spend a few hours

First time playing here, staff was very friendly, course was in good condition and pace of play was good. Got around in about 4 hours. And only had to wait once or twice. All in all a nice place to play.

Commented On 11/15/2018

Hi Kevin, we appreciate the great review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for playing #DeerRidgeGolfClub!

Perfect Day.....

Until we caught up to a miserable foursome that had NO common sense or etiquette to let us play through even though most EVERY hole three of the four would be looking for there balls and no one was in front of them for as far as you could see(at least 3 holes)So from then on the game got really bad and people starting coming up on us from behind when we were two to three holes ahead of anyone near the 4th hole

Commented On 11/08/2018

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your experience was anything less than 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club.

Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 10/25/2018:
Hi James, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback about your round and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club.
Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 10/25/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry the course conditions weren't up to par during your round, but are happy to hear you still had a good time. We hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club! #DeerRidgeGC

Brentwood golf

Of the two public courses in Brentwood it is the better one in terms of conditions.

Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 10/22/2018:
Hi Robert, we're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us. We appreciate the feedback about our course conditions and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club!

College tournament mid-afternoon Saturday?!

My friends and I decided to try and give this place another chance. I previously wrote a review about this course and how terrible the greens were and while the condition of the course seemed a little better this round (esp the 10th fairway), there was a college tourney on a Saturday.

We had a tee time @ 1:14PM, but actually tee'd off a little past 1:30PM. I didn't mind so much since we were the first group out after the tournament and I was expecting to finish still, but we didn't. Daylight ended around 6:40PM and we were still on Hole 15 so we had to call it. Extremely upset since we were waiting on every tee box for about 15-20 mins for the 1-2 groups of the college tourney to finish.

No warning from the pro shop whatsoever and no rain check or marshal to accommodate us after the round. Golfing in the far east bay is already hard, so I will add this to the list of "Do not play" courses.

The Round That Didn’t Happen

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to play today because the course scheduled a college tournament right before I was supposed to tee off. They were already behind on the tee sheet and they didn’t seem overly concerned about it. There would have been no way I could have finished the round even if I had waited around to play. It would have been nice to have know this information up

front. I wouldn’t have taken the time to drive almost an hour to play the course. Why a college match was scheduled on a Saturday baffles me.

Deer Ridge Round

The course is in good shape, even though the green were sandy.

Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 09/20/2018:
Hi Arturo, thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club.

Deer Ridge

Deer Ridge course is in "fair" shape overall, but the greens are very nice. The lack of water is very noticeable. Tee markers missing on all holes. Brentwood "Sister" course, Shadow Lakes, closed evidently for lack of play.

Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 09/17/2018:
Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing!

Dear Ridge

We got a great rate with the GolfNow 36 bucks 1030 in the morning played the front nine in an hour and a half the back nine in an hour 45 minutes we were threesome . The only bad part of the day was all of their water Juggs were empty when we were told that every three holes there’s a full water dispensary and they were empty we got to the 11th they were filling the rest of them.Otherwise we will be back

Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 09/17/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us. We apologize that the water jugs weren't filled and hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club!
Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 09/04/2018:
Hi Jason, thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club!

Course with lots of variability and challenges

Course has holes with little or no elevation changes and holes with lots of elevation changes so you get to use almost every club in your bag. Course is laid out well for golfers of different abilities.

Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 09/04/2018:
Hi treeranger, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear you enjoyed the layout. We hope to see you again for another round soon! Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club.

Deer Rdige

Pace of play sucked. Tee time at 8:58, got put at 9:15 (two groups behind.

The round ended at 2:40!!! 5 and 1/2 round.

the course was in good condition. there was sand on a couple of greens. the sand traps could use some sand in them and the number 10 fairway needs some work. The greens were a little slower then I remember. great value today 21 dollars with a cart. I enjoy the layout and hope that they can continue to improve the course. I will come back and play again.

Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 08/15/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback about our course conditions and apologize they weren't completely up to expectations. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing!

Horrible Greens

The drive into this place is deceiving because it’s a nice looking neighborhood so you’d think the golf course would be just as nice, but it’s not . HORRIBLE GREENS...I’ve played all over the Bay Area and i haven’t seen a course where every hole you expected your putt to be bumpy and slow. The 10th hole is atrocious looking from tee to green. Pace of play was okay , but we did wait on several holes. I like the simplistic layout of the course, but it needs a lot of TLC.

Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 08/15/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear your round with us was anything short of 5-stars. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing!
Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 08/07/2018:
Hi Mike, thanks for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Deer Ridge Golf Club.

Poor

The greens are not good a lot of bumps and they haven't took care of there greens

Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 08/01/2018:
Hi JasonDonald209, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear the conditions of the course weren't up to expectations during your round. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing #DeerRidgeGolfClub!

Needs some help.

Deer Ridge has definitely seen better days. Always a good layout, but the conditions on most holes were less than average. Greens have been invaded with some other type of grass and are below par. For the price we paid (daily deal - less than $40) it was a fair price. Pace was super slow for 10am on a Sunday. We waited on every tee and it took 5 hours in total. Hopefully they can make some improvements as I won’t plan on playing again in this condition. Positives: Staff was super nice.

Response from Deer Ridge Golf Club on 07/24/2018:
Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the feedback about your round and are sorry to hear the conditions of the course weren't up to expectations. We hope this doesn't deter you from returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing #DeerRidgeGolfClub.
Antioch, California