Fairways of Woodside Golf Course

Staff Friendliness

Fairways of Woodside Golf Club is located just outside of Sussex, sprawling across the beautiful countryside of southeastern Wisconsin. The course is seemingly flat but there are a few subtle but challenging contours, overall a walkable course though. Water comes into play on 11 holes and nearly all of the greens have a bunker lurking nearby. One of the most memorable water holes is the par-3 12th where golfers will have to carry a large lake that juts in front of the green. The monstrous 15th hole is another tough one. This par 5 is a double dogleg where even the best golfers have a hard time making it to the green in two. It is a challenging golf course but most of the hole are straightforward and not overly punishing if you're errant.
Scorecard for Fairways of Woodside
Black M: 72.1/121 295 349 229 349 338 391 323 204 553 3031 404 426 149 479 467 573 166 456 384 3504 6535
White M: 68.7/123 W: 69.2/117 269 324 212 333 304 372 302 184 522 2822 394 394 120 442 393 545 153 426 303 3170 5992
Red W: 65.9/107 223 270 157 302 255 308 258 148 416 2337 339 337 96 403 264 518 129 279 224 2589 4926

Year Built 2003
Golf Season Apr - Sept
Architect Garrett Gill (2003)

Driving Range Yes - 15 tees driving range

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Wisconsin (2016 #11)

Great Service, Good Course

Golfed 18 holes with my brother in law at 7AM. We were paired with a member who golfs quite a bit more than us. Overall, our experience was extremely enjoyable, and made the slightly higher greens fees (for what we have been paying) completely worth the cost. As soon as we pulled in, an employee pulled up with a golf cart for us, and helped us load our gear into the cart. The gentleman in the pro shop was also very friendly. We aren't the best golfers, but the member we were paired with was patient with us, and helped guide us through the course layout. After 9 holes, we stopped at the clubhouse for a drink, and the bartender was very kind. The course was in very good condition. The front 9 played a little easier than the back, which had quite a bit more water to hit over, providing a good challenge. Overall great course. I would recommend.
Course Conditions Good

Enjoyable as USAUL!

Fairways of Woodside is a treat to play at any time of the year. The staff are second to none. Greeted with a warm smile and sincere hello every time I've played here. Front nine is deceptive. At first glance it appears to be "easy" as compared to the back. The layout of all 18 require position golf. Im working on that part aside from the par 3s. Lots of water, enough sand to frustrate, great condition. One constant is lazy players who won't take the time to repair ball marks. Sadly thats become a problem everywhere. Beverage carts out normally. And if not arrangements can be made to accomidate . This is a great course to play throughout the season. Breathtaking in the fall with its trees bursting of colors.After 18 holes of golf they have a excellent 19 hole for all to enjoy. Wonderfull array of spirits and beers. Good Fish fry on Fridays too!
Course Conditions Good

Solid mid range course

My threesome enjoyed a round here on Saturday morning. The course was wet since it's early spring but it didn't cause us any issues. Pace of play was a tad slow but nothing too bothersome. This is a well maintained somewhat challenging course.
Staff Friendliness Good
Pace of Play Average
Off-course amenities Average
Course Conditions Average
Course Layout Good

One of my new favorite courses!

The Fairways of Woodside golf course is truly a jewel of a course. The maintenance on the course is top notch. In fact, its one of the nicest kept up courses I've ever played! The fairways are nice and plush and the greens are thinly cut and fast. The layout of this course is interesting but very enjoyable. The front 9 takes you through a tunnel to the other side of the property and weaves its way through a subdivision. It contains very short distances on par 4's and wide open fairways. In fact, I'd say its super easy. So get all of your pars and birdies on the front nine because once you hit the back, it's all different It's zig zags, tight fairways, water, marshes, long distances, and difficult greens. Good luck on the back because it is definitely a challenge. For a first timer like me, I would say that it takes a few times of playing this course to score low. Familiarity will really help out on a challenging back nine. Now, this isn't discrediting the back nine at all. I love a challenge! And I love the fact that it's a brand new game after the 9th green. My favorite hole is the first one because it's so birdie-able and a good confidence boost to begin your round. Annett I got a good deal! Golf now had 18 and a cart for 10 bucks so who what could be better? I'm definitely going to golf here a lot more often. I'm glad I found it.

Great Way to Spend a Saturday

The course staff is second to none. Their dedication to junior golf, superior service, and being generally kind is incomparable. I have never gone to this course and believed I didn't get my complete money's worth; a great way to spend a Saturday
Course Conditions Average

Gem

As an out of towner I was looking for a good course to play at a good price. This course was in real good shape all around. It requires playing several times before u can score low. Cart girls came often. Pace of play was good. It is a rather tight course but you can usually see where to hit the ball. I would play this again for sure.
Staff Friendliness Good
Commented On 08/05/2016
Hey "skykingatc" we really appreciate you choosing us while you were visiting! We are glad you had a nice time out on the course and we hope to see you next time!

Courteous and well kept!

First time playing the course and cannot say enough about it. While the GM did say it was a slower Tuesday, playing as a single caused no issues as every group allowed me to play through. 18 holes in under 3 hours is how the game is supposed to be played! Will play this course again and hope to continue seeing the junior groups out there growing the game! Nice little Sussex secret! Greens were a little rough so maybe some more reminders to fix ball marks? Otherwise, fairways were great!
Commented On 08/05/2016
Hey "u124046626" thank you so much for the positive review! We are so glad that you were able to get through quickly as a single. We apprecaite you looking out for the greens! See you again soon.

Course in great shape

Jumped on a quick deal for 9 holes during the late morning. Course was in very nice shape and we played at our own pace--only saw a few others out there. Will be back.
Commented On 07/22/2016
Thank you for your review, Greg! We are glad you had an enjoyable time and we look forward to having you back!

excellent value

i love hitting off level tee boxes and fairways(when i hit 'em) that reward good shots. i'd like to say that fairways of woodside is a hidden gem and a bargain for the conditions, but i am a selfish guy and would like to get out there and have the course to myself when i want. i will be back!
Commented On 07/15/2016
Thank you for your 5 Star review! We are pleased to hear how much you enjoyed our course and are excited to have you back!

A very nice course in this area!

Course is in great shape! The back nine is a bit challenging but it's fun to play.
Commented On 07/08/2016
Hey "kboncher" thanks for the five star review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our course conditions. We hope to see you back again soon for your next round.

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019