Blackstone Golf Club is one of the hidden gems of Chicagoland golf courses. It has one of the most natural landscapes of any course in the area thanks to the incorporation of more than 26 acres of environmentally protected wetlands. Half of the course is routed through dense forests of oak and hickory trees while the other half stretches across lush, open meadows. The wetlands come into play on 13 holes. Bob Lohmann, the golf course’s designer, crafted dramatic bunkers with irregular edges and strategically placed more than 50 of them along the greensides and fairways. It’s not a golf course where you can “grip it and rip it,” instead it will force you to think carefully before each hole. The layout can be a challenging test but four sets of tees and wide, player-friendly fairways make Blackstone G.C. more accessible for a wide range of skill levels.

Black/Gold 72 6541 yards 72.0 138
Silver (W) 72 5766 yards 73.6 134
Silver 72 5766 yards 68.2 128
Bronze (W) 72 4932 yards 76.1 139
Scorecard for Blackstone Golf Club
Black M: 73.1/140 352 170 405 564 237 505 310 178 539 3260 540 333 543 159 418 404 367 234 476 3474 6734
Black/Gold M: 72.0/138 352 170 405 564 206 505 310 178 501 3191 540 333 491 159 418 404 367 183 433 3328 6519
Gold M: 70.4/134 W: 76.1/139 312 132 384 526 206 480 289 158 501 2988 508 306 491 136 389 377 343 183 412 3145 6133
Silver M: 68.2/128 W: 73.6/134 283 113 361 380 181 456 257 136 487 2654 473 282 459 112 360 323 321 162 383 2875 5529
Bronze W: 69.3/125 254 96 327 380 158 430 257 115 411 2428 415 263 427 94 287 257 294 142 311 2490 4918

Year Built 2006
Architect Bob Lohmann (2006)

Carts Yes - included in fees

nice day

little rain but great over all Course in nice shape considering all the rain

Always good

Start was delayed a bit by lighting. Course held well with the rain. Has always been in good shape with fast greens in the 15 plus times I’ve played over the years. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Price was the going rate for the area and weekend. Pace of was great. We were 2 following a 2 with 4somes in from. We never waited. Finish in 345. Only negative was no halfway house attendant. Might of been because of the rain and cancellations. The bar inside was good and friendly after the round. Always a treat to play.

Good maintenance

Fantastic Management.
Beautiful design.
But Very hard for High handicap.

Commented On 06/21/2019

Hi Brian. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back for another 5-star experience with us at Blackstone Golf Club!

Commented On 06/19/2019

Thank you for visiting us at Blackstone Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Hidden Gem

Great layout, great greens, great staff, great golf course! Somewhat forgiving off the tee, this is a 2nd shot golf course. The game really starts on the greens here. They are fast, complex usually perfect.

A must play

Although it was breezy the course setup was fair. The course was in impeccable shape,tees,fairways,and greens. Beware the greens may be the quickest ones you play the entire season. Make it a point to play this course you will not be disappointed

Awesome Golf Course

Love this golf course. I'm a single digit golfer and this course is just fun to play. Forgiving but you have to know where to place the ball.

One of my favorite golf courses.

Commented On 06/12/2019

Wonderful! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're honored that we are one of your favorite courses and we look forward to having you back again soon!

Jim C

Awesome course. A true hidden gem.
Greens are amazing , they roll true and fast. Entire course was in great shape. I will play here again before the year is up.
For the first time playing course , our entire foursome scored well. My only complaint was that we were asked to pick up pace 3 times. The guys behind us were no where in sight and never waited on us once. . We played in 4 hrs and on a course that tough for the first time for all of us, I think that’s pretty good.. Ranger rolled up on twice on putting green while my friend was trying to putt.. Very nice halfway house as well

Commented On 06/13/2019

Excellent! We're thrilled that our course conditions met your expectations and that you and your group played well. We appreciate your feedback on our ranger and and pace of play. We can't wait to have you back again soon for your next round at Blackstone!

Commented On 06/10/2019

Terrific! Come back soon!

Terrific Day!

Son and I had a terrific time at Blackstone in spite of the pace of play on the front nine. Course had received a significant amount of water overnight forcing carts to stay on the path. Pace picked up at the turn and the back was just fine. Course was in fine shape except for the bunkers which showed the after effects of the rain this spring in the Midwest. It's been a bit tough. Fairways and greens were in excellent shape. I highly recommend this course and look forward to playing here again. Special thanks to Starter Mike G. who was terrific all day.

Commented On 06/07/2019

Great! We're glad that you and your son enjoyed our course despite the slow play on the front nine. We appreciate your review and we look forward to having you back again soon for your next round with us!

Wet but wonderful

Tough. Plays long and demands a well thought out approach. Greens were great, fast fair and fun. We played through a storm and found everything worked well. Even the half way house was open!

Commented On 05/31/2019

Excellent! We're glad that you enjoyed our course despite playing through the storm. We're also pleased that you enjoyed the challenge of our layout. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Great Layout, Challenging Course

Blackstone is a very picturesque course, offering beautiful, challenging holes throughout. The staff and facilities are great ,as well. I highly recommend the course,

Commented On 05/29/2019

Great! We're glad that you enjoyed our course and the challenge it presented. We're also pleased that our staff left a great impression on you. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Beautiful Course

This course was recommended to me by an a acquaintance and I was so looking forward to playing it. First off the course is a beautiful course however for my first time I was not happy and unfortunately the course had nothing to do with fact that it was almost consistently 30 mile wind gust, but to make matters worse due to the rains we received it was cart path only. I almost was going to cancel when I got there, but since I had drove so far I decided to stick it out which in hindsight was a mistake. The course was not crowded, but they insisted on putting singles together. If I had gone by myself I could have probably been done in a little over 2 hrs., but it took us 4 hours and cart path only didn't help as we had to wait for everyone to get to their ball. I had arrived at least 45 min before my tee time and on other courses that are not crowded usually they'll tell you that you can go out now if you want to which I would have, but I was forced to wait until my tee time. Like I said if the course is crowded I understand, but if not it wouldn't have hurt them any to let me go by myself.especially with the restriction. I would love to give this course another chance, but time will tell. It would helped to have GPS on the carts.When you go to the website it has a link for GPS, but not sure what good that does you if you are not playing. With that said several par 4's are make-able birdie opportunities. Plenty of water and bunkers to challenge even the seasoned golfer. Unfortunately my rating is based on the conditions and how the course managed the round .

Commented On 05/31/2019

Thank you for your review! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course, but we apologize that you didn't agree with our policy. In an effort to conserve carts, it is course policy to pair singles together. We appreciate your review and we hope you'll give us another try in the future!

A gem worthy of the drive

I have played many top notch courses around the North & Northwest suburbs of Chicago and this course is tops on my list (based on going back 5 years). Had rain 2 days before I played and even 10 hours before I arrived for a 1PM tee time on this Monday. Every trap on the course was raked professionally (and ground crew were even working on them that day). Very rarely have I seen that on a "public" facility where the green fees were under $60. I will defiantly play here again. Great job staff and ground crew !!!!

Commented On 05/22/2019

Wonderful! We're glad that you enjoyed our course despite the previous rain. Our staff works very hard to maintain our course so we appreciate your kind words. We look forward to having you back again soon for your next round!

Excellent Course, conditions, pace of play

I played Blackstone once before - I forgot just how good of a course this is. Only down side is lack of a golf dress code. Jeans detract from all the good parts. Turns into just a “country course” versus competing with Country Clubs!

Commented On 05/15/2019

Awesome! We're pleased that you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your review. We hope to have you back again soon for your next round!

Best course in the west

Hands down one of the best public courses in IL and hands down the best course in the western suburbs. A must see/play!!

Commented On 05/08/2019

Excellent! We're thrilled that you enjoyed your round with us. We're honored that you consider us one of the best public course in Illinois and we can't wait to have you back again at Blackstone!

Back to the way I know

I played late last summer and gave this course a bad review. Today it was back like I remember. Greens were great for April. Fairways were true. Excellent

Commented On 04/25/2019

Thank you for your kinds words! We're so happy you gave us another try.

Good test!

This was the second time I’ve played the course. Early spring conditions and just a few weeks open.
Found the course to be in better shape than the first time, yet both were great conditions considering it’s only been open for the season a month and a half. I expect summer will be incredible! Staff both times very friendly and accommodating. Course itself in wonderful shape and a real test of course management and creativity. I’ll be back many times, great experience and a hidden jewel in the Chicagoland area!

Commented On 04/25/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review us Robert6148760. Your feedback is valuable, and we want to continue serving you excellent service soon. Blackstone Golf Club thanks you!

Huntley, Illinois
3.9192294118
Marengo, Illinois
Woodstock, Illinois
Crystal Lake, Illinois
Village of Lakewood, Illinois
Algonquin, Illinois

Valid dates: Jun 25, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019
TPC San Antonio offers you the chance to play two championship golf courses that have hosted several PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions events and is home to several PGA TOUR pros.
Texas Tees Package
Lone Star Stay & Play at TPC San Antonio
TPC Las Vegas Summer Special
Championship Package at TPC Sawgrass
Latest Articles
Metro Detroit's best public courses
Articles
Golf tournament pro-ams: a primer
Articles
The days I fell in love with golf (a Cool Golf Memory)