Boone's Trace National Golf Club

Blue 72 6345 yards
White 72 6006 yards
Red 72 5615 yards
Scorecard for Bull
Gold M: 73.1/123 520 418 380 187 407 500 388 175 395 3370 542 362 420 495 125 365 400 177 403 3289 6659
Blue M: 70.7/121 499 397 363 162 396 480 371 169 376 3213 522 347 391 479 121 352 379 161 380 3132 6345
White M: 69.2/117 483 375 345 148 386 447 351 150 353 3038 485 335 380 450 111 330 371 149 357 2968 6006
Green W: 70.2/119 450 350 326 133 353 410 330 127 332 2811 451 317 365 428 102 318 351 135 337 2804 5615
Red W: 66.9/109 411 292 288 118 318 376 265 101 299 2468 422 283 331 375 73 282 255 82 308 2411 4879

Year Built 1999
Architect David Pfaff

Carts Yes - $12

Dress code Dress must be in good taste, keeping with golf course tradition. A collared shirt is required for men and no denim or athletic wear is permitted.

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Kentucky (2015 #10)

19th Hole Specials 5

My review

I have played this course probably 6 times in the past 10 years and none in over 2 years, but I found it to be in great shape and I was very impressed with the service received. I would definitely play this course again in the near future and recommend it to my friends.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Boone's Trace National Golf Club on 06/20/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed a quick pace of play and our friendly staff. Thank you for playing Boone's Trace National Golf Club! #BTNGC

Top 5 in Kentucky

Easily in the top five public courses in the state, in terms of course condition, aesthetics, cost. A total joy!
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Boone's Trace National Golf Club on 06/19/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our good course conditions and a great value. Thank you for playing Boone's Trace National Golf Club! #BoonesTraceNationalGC

A very nice place for an outing

Played in the rain, so we played at our own pace. The par fives are legit. Nothing was easy, you just had to hit your shot in the right place. Fairways are wide and what I noticed was from where I hit my second shot I made the only mark on the course. Wow, The staff was very friendly. all seniors so $26 to play was a steal. Like it so much we are going back tomorrow for another dose of Boones Trace.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Boone's Trace National Golf Club on 06/19/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and challenging course layout. Thank you for playing Boone's Trace National Golf Club, we look forward to welcoming you back soon! #BTNGC

Really surprised!

I played here probably 15 yrs ago and it was crappy. Amazing what new ownership, a cash infusion and an owner with a passion for golf what can happen! The course was in as good condition as many of the higher priced country clubs I’ve played. The greens are fast, the fringes are nice to chip off of, I was really impressed. It truly is a family business and you can tell!
Course Layout Good
Response from Boone's Trace National Golf Club on 06/11/2018:
Great condition, excellent range , friendly staff and facilities are great
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Boone's Trace National Golf Club on 06/11/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our great course conditions and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Boone's Trace National Golf Club, we hope to see you again soon! #BTNGC

Panoramic Views

This course is a must play if you are in the Lexington area. The layout is very unique,somewhat challenging but fair, with some blind tee shots, lots of doglegs and elevation changes. The scenery is spectacular as the course is near the Kentucky river. The conditioning of the golf course was excellent, the fairways were firm and fast, the greens were smooth and the bunkers were manicured very nicely. The staff was very accommodating and the improvements to the bar and grill area are very nicely done. I will be back!
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Boone's Trace National Golf Club on 06/11/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our challenging course layout and friendly staff. Thank you for playing Boone's Trace National Golf Club! #BTNGC

Great day!

Got to play Boone Trace National today for the first time in almost 10 years. This course is very challenging with a great layout. Beautiful setting by the Ky River. A must play if you are in the Lexington/Richmond area. The 19th hole bar is top notch. Great experience.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Boone's Trace National Golf Club on 06/11/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our challenging course layout and a great experience. Thank you for playing Boone's Trace National Golf Club! #BoonesTraceNationalGolfClub

Excellent condition

Played today from the blue tees. Course was in perfect condition, We played it down and I had excellent and fair lies. Greens are very nice with a medium fast roll. Course is somewhat challenging with several doglegs and sloped fairways. Rough is thick but mowed to a good level so you can easily find your ball but not as easy a shot to the greens. Several holes are quite stunning in beauty. Practice facility was excellent. I would highly recommend this layout.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Boone's Trace National Golf Club on 06/11/2018:
Hello, we're glad you enjoyed our great course conditions and challenging layout. Thank you for playing Boone's Trace National Golf Club! #BTNGC

Great Day at Boone Trace

Boone Trace is located in a beautiful, rolling landscape near the Kentucky River. The golf course is in outstanding condition, and it offers a wide variety of holes to test your skill. Both short and long par 4's, short and long par 3's, and comfortable par 5's make this a fun test, without being overly severe. If you're in the area, it's definitely worth your time.
Pace of Play Average
Course Layout Good
Response from Boone's Trace National Golf Club on 06/11/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our friendly staff and great course conditions. Thank you for playing Boone's Trace National Golf Club! #BTNGC

Course is in Wonderful condition

I play this course regularly. The new owners have made wonderful changes to both the course and the amenities! I consistently hear very complementary comments from others, as well. It is very well priced and a hidden treasure. I recommend giving it a try if you haven't played it in the last six months.
Course Layout Excellent
Response from Boone's Trace National Golf Club on 05/31/2018:
Hello, we're happy you enjoyed our wonderful course conditions and an excellent value. Thank you for playing Boone's Trace National Golf Club! #BTNGC

Valid dates: Aug 13, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019