Lafayette Golf Club

Carts: Yes - included in green fee

Dress code: Proper golf attire required.
Credit cards accepted: Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover

Black (W) 72 6843 yards 79.1 139
Blue (W) 72 6318 yards 76.5 131

Jerry5538833's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/06/2018

Response from Lafayette Golf Club on 06/11/2018:

Hello Jerry, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

"will be getting in better shape"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

the greens are getting better the are a little bumpy but should get better in the next few weeks fairway was in good shape needed mowing in a few spot but overall the course is getting better the bunkers around the greens are good now making some fairways bunker greenside bunkers which the should of done a long time ago they was working on the course the day I played all I can say is keep up the good work will be back to play again

"Slowly coming back"

Dennis8858965's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/02/2018

The course still shows the effects of being left to die. They are doing a good job of bringing it back, but it will take some time. Still for the cost of $25 it was fun even with an hours drive there

Response from Lafayette Golf Club on 06/05/2018:

Hello Dennis, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff at Lafayette Golf Club. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the golf experience that you deserve.

"Not Optimistic"

etccgolfer's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/27/2018

I like relatively close to this course so that the drive out to it isn’t so bad. I remember this course 10 years ago and understand that new management has it now and while they are making some improvements I don’t think I am going to be back any time soon. The tee boxes were rough length and not mown (maybe dead in spots). Fairways were not mown and no real definition of where rough ended and fairway ended. Greens were bumpy, slow and impossible to attempt to make putts on (playing parts and I had did 2 putt rule). My playing partner and I were both very disappointed at the price for the course being what it was. For even $17 on a weekend it isn’t worth it. It’s worth about $5 in the shape it is in. Hopefully they turn it around but I will not be back until I see some good reviews on here.

Response from Lafayette Golf Club on 05/29/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Lafayette Golf Club, in the Kentucky area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

"Slowly but surely getting better."

Davidmatheis's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2018

Course is getting better and you can tell that the new owners are trying, but it needs a lot more work. It is a great value for the hot deal price. The layout is exceptional and the bunkers were perfect but the tee boxes and greens need work.

Response from Lafayette Golf Club on 04/13/2018:

Hi David,

We thank you for your kind words and we are truly excited to improve our golf course day by day here at Lafayette Golf Club. Remember to book another round with us soon!

"Great Day"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/05/2018

This was a great day! Great Staff! Little wet from the rain. Played last fall, and the greens are already better than then. Keep up the good work, bunkers looked good too!

"will be getting in better shape"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/21/2017
Previously played Used cart Verified Purchaser

the greens are getting better since it was closed for a couple of years more green than brown now. was aeriated the day we played but we knew that before we went the fairway was mowed good the rough was a little tall on a couple of holes. with the leaves changing and falling still was a good round of golf hope they keep working on it mainly cutting the briars and weeds around the fairway near the woods and especially between holes 4 and 6 use to be tall fescue now the weeds take away from the beauty of the course

Response from Lafayette Golf Club on 10/24/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Lafayette Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We are glad that you have noticed improvements to the conditions of the course and we are constantly trying to improve. Your feedback is also appreciated regarding the conditions of holes 4 and 6. It sounds like you enjoyed the course layout, so we hope that improved your round. Thank you for choosing to play our course, in the Louisville area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Getting better"

TravisPandP's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/07/2017

This course has improved greatly from the beginning of the season. But don't show up with high expectations. The greens are slow and don't roll as true as you'd like. But if you get a good deal on GolfNow this course is well worth it. The layout and views are hard to beat by anywhere in Kentucky.

Response from Lafayette Golf Club on 10/13/2017:

Hi Travis, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Lafayette Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear that the greens were not up to their normal standard that day, but are excited to see that you enjoyed our course layout and value very much. Thank you for recommending our course in the Falls of Rough, KY area and we hope you come visit us again soon!

"Lafayette Surprise"

jhodgejr's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/30/2017

Fairways a little long, but very playable. Greens very good for this time of year. Everyone moved along nicely. Very friendly players and staff complimented the good playing conditions.

"Great layout but needs talc."

Davidmatheis's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/23/2017

This is the second time I have played this course this year. The fairways have greatly improved but the greens need a lot of work. This course has a great deal of potential with the very picturesque layout but it needs some money spent on reworking the greens. With the hot deal it was worth the drive.

Response from Lafayette Golf Club on 08/28/2017:

Hello David, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Lafayette Golf Club, and for the 3-stars. We are happy to hear that you are seeing improvements and that you enjoyed the course layout. It also looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff, so we are happy to see that as well. Your feedback is appreciated when it comes to the current conditions of the greens. Thank you for playing with us, in the Louisville area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

"Golf Course is on the Rebound"

JWitten1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/08/2017

This course just recently reopened, and is totally on the ups. The new Greens Keeper has it going in the right direction. Yes, the conditions are still a little rough, but improving daily. The layout is spectacular, and the scenery is surreal. It's totally worth the 27$ twilight rate during the week to get away and enjoy the tranquil setting.

Highly recommended if you are in the area.

"Potential"

Chevas's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2017
Previously played Used cart Hot weather

Was a great course, can be again. Much work being done and lots more needed. Priced way to expensive for current playing conditions. Range ball quantity/price was criminal. but at least the range is now open.? I hope they continue to repair but will prob wait to play until get a better value for dollar. Shame.

Response from Lafayette Golf Club on 09/22/2017:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Lafayette Golf Club, in the Louisville area. We are sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. We are also sorry to see that your round was not at a great value for you. Your feedback is appreciated so that we know where improvements can be made. Thank you for golfing with us and we hope to earn your business again soon.

"Not worth the money"

Tgeorge24's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2017

The course has gone downhill every time I've played it.

The tee boxes have no grass. Ground hornets have taken over the greens, they are very rough like divets in them. The fairways have streaks of long grass in them. Sprinkles spray or leak water over a lot of the course. The sand bunkers are grown up with grass and hold water like ponds. I will not play this course again this year, very over priced for what you get.

Response from Lafayetee Golf Club on 08/01/2017:

Hello Terry, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Lafayette Golf Club in the Louisville area. We appreciate your feedback regarding the course conditions and we can assure you that we are working diligently to improve these conditions in many ways. Specifically, new irrigation systems are being installed which should help restore the course back to what it once was. Thank you for playing with us and we hope to earn your business again soon.

Bmercer08's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/02/2017

Course still needs a lot of work after years of neglect.

"Value?"

baldguy233's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/24/2017

I've really enjoyed this course. It's not busy, it's quiet (except for the atv park activity you hear in several places), and the landscape is awesome. But the cost? No way in hades is this course worth the weekday price of $35+. And the weekend? Nearly $50? Drainage problems year round. And if it weren't mowed lower than the rough, you'd never know you were in the fairway. Sh*tty grass everywhere. Unless you're very lucky, you have to lift and place if you want to hit off anything green, and that's going to be a well mown patch of weeds or poa anna (annual bluegrass). Management has got to get seed down and take much better care of it at these prices. It jumped $10 or so this past season and the only improvement is they got the crabgrass out of the greens (nearly unputtable last season after may). Give it a try on tuesdays if you can. $27 and play all day. Outside of that, think I'm done with it. Shame.

"Falls of rough golf course"

dalekeenan's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/25/2016

The girl at the desk didn't know they had a practice green. No AC in club house. The grass was grown up on the tees.The greens were in terrible condition, they were so slow, no fun to put. No water in water coolers. 18th hole had. No hole to put in. It was broken. Had a pretty good layout.

"H2O problems"

James7664507's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2016

I have played this course three times thru Golf Now, July,August and Sept and have three complaints. First, the height of grass on tee boxes was way too high in July and August; however, Sept was better they were mowed on Sept 23 when I played. The second problem exist on all three dates I have played. On more, around and in front of seven or more greens the sprinkler system has been broken causing water to continually flow creating streams, mud, and standing water. This has lead to grass being unable to be cut and lost balls being unable to find in the mulk. The third problem is the condition of the greens, they have declined each time I have played. Two greens have a mole problem, while others have bare areas and some "wild" grass invading the putting area. Over all the course has great potencial and a good layout and I will continue to us Golf Now, but the course does need some TLC.

"course getting better every day"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather Verified Purchaser

after shutting down for a couple of years they reopen last year the greens was in bad shape this year they was real good look like they are making the sand traps into greenside bunkers I guess with letting the grass grow in them but the course is improving ever time I play there

"Excellent course"

hit123's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/30/2015

the layout of the golf course is excellent. The only two thing to fix would be the greens in the sand traps we will be back excellent layout very promising for the future. When they get repaired it will be one of the top courses in Kentuck. Very friendly people.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Greens and bunkers"

pillarofclay's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/16/2015

This course is in terrible shape. Greens have sprigs on them. It's impossible to get a decent idea of how a putt will roll due to the uneven greens. Bunkers do not exist. They are overgrown with grass and weed. Barring the 75% of fairways that were in wonderful shape and beautiful scenery, this course would not be one I'd highly recommend. Has huge potential, but alot needs to be done to make this worth my drive, even for a hot deal.

Quality of food & beverage: Poor