A view from Dos Lagos Golf Course

Dos Lagos Golf Course

Year Built 2007
Architect Matt Dye (2007)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Fivesomes Allowed Yes, after 12:30PM
Single Allowed No
Walking Allowed Yes, Mon-Fri
Dress code Proper golf attire

Bar, Grill

Clubhouse

Covid got another one.

I don't know weather to blame Covid 19 or poor management. This course has not been kept up. The hospitality in the club house was poor. The high prices on the weekend is still based on the condition the course used to be in. Summer is coming and I will figure this will get worse.

Commented on 06/05/2020

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing Dos Lagos.

Nice shape

The course is in very good condition the price is fair the greens are nice fast and hold well I noticed all the lakes look good looks like they cleaned them all out made it a fun experience

Commented on 05/29/2020

Hi. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @DosLagosGolfCourse.

Commented on 05/21/2020

Hi. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing @DosLagosGolfCourse.

WORST ROUND EVER

I hope you have the self-respect and dignity to spend your money where they respect you and offer dignity. At Dos Lagos, the underlying philosophy of the GM, Stan, and is reinforced by Matt, the Manager, is that everyone who comes on their property is trying to screw them.

If you're against nanny states, this is a nanny course. The people who work at this course are not outright dishonest, but I've had enough girlfriends that found omission to be the same as a lie that I'll call them dishonest in that they will omit their actual intentions. I asked for ice, and they said to bring my beverages inside and they would give me ice. Instead of giving me ice, he confiscated my beverages. Matt claimed it was because of their liquor license, but he also said they don't catch everyone, and they still have their liquor license. Anyone who has ever been in the service industry knows that they won't lose their license over outside beverages. I'm sure Matt brings his own beers to the courses he plays. Matt and Stan would rather flex nuts,, than have good customer service. They treat people, so that they will be dishonest. If they treated people with dignity, people will be more likely to act honestly rather than deceive them.

I understand that one needs self-respect to treat others with some respect, so ultimately, I hope Matt finds a job that allows him his own dignity. He seemed like a decent enough guy, and it seemed as if he's just in a bad place.

If he had asked me to leave beers in the car, I would have. I'm very honest when it comes to these things. Instead of being decent, they chose to start by treating their customers like thieves. My whole thought, if you're trying to stop other deceivers, you should be better than them, not the same.

Go somewhere else if you're an honest person

The people who work at this course are extremely dishonest. I asked for ice, and they said to bring my beverages inside and they would give me ice. Instead of giving me ice, he confiscated my beverages. This is literally the worst start I have ever experienced on a golf course. Go across the street to Eagle Glen. They are very helpful and kind. They're not trying to screw anyone. He claimed it was because of their liquor license, but I was honest the entire way. If he had asked me to leave beers in the car, I would have. I'm very honest when it comes to these things. Instead of being decent, they chose the legally problematic method of lying, then confiscating my property, which can't be legal. My whole thought, if you're trying to stop other deceivers, you should be better than them, not the same

Funday Sunday

Course was in very good condition greens rolling fair & true great value. The staff is doing a great job with the challenges of abiding by all of the Corona virus rules. I would definitely recommend this course for play.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. @DosLagosGolfCourse thanks you!

Typically Better

Dos Lagos is arguably the best value golf course around. The course is normally in great shape and much greener than others in hotter months. COVID has clearly changed things in a number of ways. I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the tee boxes and the greens compared to how they normally are and especially since there was a stretch of time where the course was closed. The tee boxes were pretty beat up and the greens were needed to be rolled badly. Everything else was what I've come to expect and appreciate about Dos Lagos. A fun track with a great mix of challenging and enjoyable holes. Definitely recommend this course!

Commented on 05/19/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Dos Lagos. We hope to see you again in the future.

Too many tee times

This course schedules too many tee times. We had to wait 5-10 minutes at each tee box.

Commented on 05/26/2020

Hello, lvier. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With so many golfers looking to get out, we are working very hard to maintain social distancing while accommodating everyone who visits our course. We are doing everything we can to allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds and finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and thank you for playing Dos Lagos. We hope to see you again soon.

Course is in great shape!

Minus the wind had a great round. Pro shop does a great job w/ practicing social distancing and my golf cart was very clean. Very safe to play there!!

Commented on 05/19/2020

Hi, Todd. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We take the safety of our guests and staff very seriously. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @DosLagosGolfCourse!

Commented on 05/18/2020

Hi, Ronnie. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing @DosLagosGolfCourse!

Nice to get Golfing

Great day of golfing weather was beautiful and the pace of play was better than ever before. Course was in best shape that I've played in the last couple years, greens were very receptive and putted relatively true. I might be a little biased this day because this was one of the better rounds I've had in a very long time the course was being very kind to me this day.

Commented on 05/18/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We're glad you found the pace of play during your round excellent. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We are glad to see you also rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing @DosLagosGolfCourse. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 05/19/2020

We're glad you enjoyed a 5-star experience @DosLagosGolfCourse. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Good to be back

Course was in great shape! Everything seemed to run safely and smoothly there! I will be back

Commented on 05/05/2020

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round, Todd! We look forward to seeing you again soon, and thanks for choosing @DosLagosGolfCourse.

Get place to play.
Con- course Marshall doesn’t keep on players to keep moving.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced during your round. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will share your feedback with those in charge in an effort to make necessary changes. We are glad to see you rated the course conditions and our staff to be great during your game, and thank you for choosing @DosLagosGolfCourse. We hope to see you again soon.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

as usual this course was in good shape

everything was good , the crew was working hard to please us all

Commented on 05/04/2020

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @DosLagosGolfCourse!

Great day of golf

it was a great day for golf., I love the staff at dos lagos always friendly from the golf shop and the starter always trash talking in a fun way makes its one of my favorite courses

Commented on 05/04/2020

Hello. We are beyond happy to hear you enjoyed a great day at our course. Positive experiences make lifelong golfers. We look forward to many good times ahead with you, and we will pass on your kind words to those responsible so they can continue to help others enjoy great experiences @DosLagosGolfCourse.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Great day beautiful golf course

I took the 40 mile drive and found a little piece of paradise. Beautiful layout, courteous and helpful staff. I got lost between the second and third holes.

I will return to Dos Lagos for certain. Shot 81 for my first time on the course .

Commented on 05/04/2020

Thank you for your review, Mako. We will pass along your positive experience to our team @DosLagosGolfCourse. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

1st Post COVID Round

Staff was great....started on time, no delays.
Course is in good shape, greens were a bit fast but rolled true. Course a little crowded, so pace was a little off (4 3/4 hr round).

Commented on 05/05/2020

Hi, Tom. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing @DosLagosGolfCourse.

Great Day

Just so happy to be out on a golf course for the first time in the last 7 to 8 weeks but more importantly on this great track w-my close buddies! The greens were pretty darn good considering they were plugged a week or so before and the fairways were in decent shape...the staff is amazing here and the value for your money can’t be beat anywhere in SoCal...❗️❗️ FunDenny

Commented on 05/04/2020

Hi, Dennis. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @DosLagosGolfCourse!

Great value, lots of variety in 18 holes

First time to play it and we will be back, I'm sure, even though it is a bit of a drive from Orange County. (45 minutes with no traffic) Many very unique holes, a few almost links style flat holes with very wide fairways, then a few very narrow fairways, then some serious elevation changes, a couple of long carries (for a 18 handicap) and all in all a fun day. The greens must have been punched around the first week of the month so they are back about 90% perfect. Fairways are in great shape. I avoided the bunkers but they looked a little rough to me. No driving range, but there is a cage to warm up a little.

Commented on 04/30/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @DosLagosGolfCourse.

Glen Ivy, California